Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Romance

Old 05-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation
Default Taking a Risk to Visit Someone You Met Online

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaisninja View Post
I'm flying to another state to meet my crush next week. I'm scared to death but what's the point of living if we don't risk it all for love.
Well I just got back from my trip last night. It didn't work out and I'm confused and hurt about it. It will take at least a week to process everything. Good thing I had a therapy appointment scheduled today.

I am mostly just posting this here for some good old fashioned sympathy.

It's amazing... things can be so great online, and then in person... not so much. Very sad, disappointed, frustrated, and angry. Blah...

I need a hug.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

I am glad I went, in the sense that, at least I found out sooner rather than later. It still fucking sucks though.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Talking online to someone and even on the telephone or skype still isn't like the real thing and the reality doesn't set in to know them in real time until you meet them and see if you still have that chemistry going. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you , I wish you the best life has to offer. Remember, there are more fish in the sea, just keep an eye out you might find a real catch that the chemistry is really there between you two. Good luck in that regard, and Godspeed in your healing of your disappointment. Keep your head up and keep going forward, you'll feel better soon.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds like a very difficult situation. I'm glad you had someone to process with today. It's good that you realized quickly that it wasn't going to work well for you.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
bokster

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Single

bokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Anaisninja,

The important thing is that you had the courage to take that risk to find out for yourself. And the courage and grace to acknowledge and express the outcome.

For every "No" that we experience, there's bound to be a "Yes" that will happen someday.

I wish you a pleasant evening.
bokster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bokster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

anaisninja, please don't let this experience discourage you. There are many wonderful people on and off the net. You're taking a chance no matter how you meet. Big hugs to you sweetness.

Duchess
Old 05-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

anaisninja, I really feel for you. However, I'm happy for you that you actually met your friend. Now you know not to waste anymore of your time. Talking online and on the phone leaves much for the imagination. It's easy to make people and circumstances better than what they really are.

You're such a brave soul. Enlightenment is truly a gift.

Duchess