Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Thinking Harder

Old 06-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I actually learned this yesterday...

I learned that when the low fuel gas light comes on it means get gas sooner rather than later.

Furthermore...

I learned that running out of gas on a country road surrounded by cornfields during a severe thunderstorm watch is SCARY...

Finally...

I learned T must be smitten since hy laughed this off!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #22
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

I learned:
Lightening is pretty when ur stuck in the middle of (literally) nowhere..
The song "Little Moments" is stuck in my head.
I am thankful for being respected at work. (at least by Craig)
Cops are getting younger & younger...
& country folk are still the nicest ppl ever
Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

A male goat is called a buck.

Kinda looks like a ram with the curly horns though.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #24
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregrrl View Post
A male goat is called a buck.

Kinda looks like a ram with the curly horns though.
Goats are scary!!!!

eeks!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #25
Starrynightaw

How Do You Identify?:
Femme. Queer. Submissive.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Girl, Honey :)
Relationship Status:
Single!

Location: Southern Alabama, But I can also be found in surrounding areas. (Travel Alot)
Starrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST Reputation

That cheeto's can be used as a weapon while play fighting.
Starrynightaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starrynightaw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
TxBelle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc
Relationship Status:
single

TxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST Reputation

I was reminded, cuz I did know, that on a day of 104 degrees, 4pm is NOT the cool of the evening.
TxBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxBelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I learned that even though it makes my asthma act up deep cleaning the house makes me really feel good. I love looking around and seeing how good it looks.

I continue to learn that no matter how hard I try I cant make my lungs work any better in humidity. It makes me mad that I cant breathe but I just have to face the fact that I have asthma. Sometimes it really sucks.

I learned that I shouldnt "assume" that my Holy Terror Peppa peed in the bed just because she has done it before... SOMETIMES it really is just a water bottle that she has decided to play with in bed . Sir laughed so hard at me after I felt guilty for putting Peppa in her crate so I brought her back to bed.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #28
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I have more self control than I thought!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #29
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Today I attended a celebration for a dear old friend. We celebrated her 30th Anniversay of living clean and sober. I was the person that bought her the last drink. At the time, I did not realize I was helping my dear friend "slip." Honestly we all had some very good times and made life long bonds by sharing our young adult years. We were all just coming into knowing the freedom and self acceptance of being queer.

What I learned today, again, there is purpose in every connection I have ever made in my life. It may be for a season, a moment, a lifetime. Cherish the friends, the people, the moments who have come through my life.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #30
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bumpin it!

Since I am between degrees I have decided that I should keep my brain tuned up. So I have decided to learn something new each day (big or small) till I return to classes...

Today in staff meeting the psychologist discussed with me (since everyone else was acting silly) about Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). It was basically a therapy that was used as a destressor for traumatic events and situations in one's life. The Doc was saying to me that he believed that it was later considered to be a placebo by the American Psychological Association (APA) and didn't actually work.

Yeh, It sounds interesting enough and worth reading up on some. I told him it kind of reminded my of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) also known as "tapping." Now he's curious too. Maybe next week we can exchange a little bit on our findings.

Last edited by jac; 09-05-2012 at 07:15 PM.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
ONLY

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,735 Times in 679 Posts
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation

What did I learn today........a few new things (some I knew)regarding weather and how nature and animals are more reliable then the weatherperson

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ONLY For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I learned today that I can patch the seams of my large air mattress with a swimming pool patch kit, since the mattress kit only comes with small patches but it's the seams that are leaking...and I learned that the pool patch kit will set up under water... that's something good to know ...
just in time for several fall camping trips!

And I learned today (thinking harder) that I need to re-read the book "Codependent No More" ...

And that cutting expenses and living a humble life will help me pay off some important bills... time to purge things again and cut out some of my hording/clutter bug habits ... not that I'm the hoarder that mom is, but things do build up when you just don't have the energy to deal with them.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #33
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

That neither today, tomorrow, a week, a month, a year, or YEARS from now will I EVER be giving my heart romantically to anyone. For any reason
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that there are people out there who truly enjoy hurting other people... and not in the kinky, bdsm sorta way.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #35
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I learned today what I have known for some time. Fate is the final decision maker...nothing we can do or want to do will interfer with fate or destiny.

I also learned denial is not only unhealthy but damaging and sometime irreversible..

I learned I need to truly enjoy the present because it will be gone before I know it
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #36
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I have used EMDR in therapy and swear by it, mostly to get deeper into an issue. But in my opinion, you have to be fairly self aware for it to work. I think you also have to have a real understanding of the issues you are dealing with.

I have also used tapping (EFT) to relieve stress and it has worked for me.

I have done Journey Intensive work as well which uses processes to step back further and further to get to the root of the issue. Sometimes as far back as childhood. You can deal with an issues in a relatively short period of time.

I have also been part of a drumming circle and the premise is the same. Using an external stimulus to distract the conscious mind so the subconscious can do the work.

I am always exploring and learning new ways to maneuver my way through life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Since I am between degrees I have decided that I should keep my brain tuned up. So I have decided to learn something new each day (big or small) till I return to classes...

Today in staff meeting the psychologist discussed with me (since everyone else was acting silly) about Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). It was basically a therapy that was used as a destressor for traumatic events and situations in one's life. The Doc was saying to me that he believed that it was later considered to be a placebo by the American Psychological Association (APA) and didn't actually work.

Yeh, It sounds interesting enough and worth reading up on some. I told him it kind of reminded my of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) also known as "tapping." Now he's curious too. Maybe next week we can exchange a little bit on our findings.
The Following User Says Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #37
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotlyolqualli View Post
I learned that there are people out there who truly enjoy hurting other people... and not in the kinky, bdsm sorta way.

aint it the truth

today i learned that i do not recover from 'cement ballet' as well as i did when i was a kid.

i also learned that betadine stings like a mofo.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #38
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
I have used EMDR in therapy and swear by it, mostly to get deeper into an issue. But in my opinion, you have to be fairly self aware for it to work. I think you also have to have a real understanding of the issues you are dealing with.

I have also used tapping (EFT) to relieve stress and it has worked for me.

I have done Journey Intensive work as well which uses processes to step back further and further to get to the root of the issue. Sometimes as far back as childhood. You can deal with an issues in a relatively short period of time.

I have also been part of a drumming circle and the premise is the same. Using an external stimulus to distract the conscious mind so the subconscious can do the work.

I am always exploring and learning new ways to maneuver my way through life.
All of the above interest me Laruss. I have used tapping, at a basic novice level of understanding with my daughter and it helped her overcome her fear of crossing busy streets when she was pre-teen. So yes, I know it works first hand and have been thinking of getting back into it again... along with my Reiki.

As for the Journey Intensive work, this sounds very familiar. I want to say that my breath therapist has done this level of therapy with me at some point. I will definitely have to ask her about that. Actually when she does her breath therapy she uses chants and drumming CDs in the background for the external stimuli.

Energy work is amazing stuff...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #39
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

i've learned that there will always be a double standard that people dont recognize, no matter who you encounter or where you encounter them. it's made me wonder how we become so short sighted and what double standards i am guilty of without seeing them
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #40
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

I learned a very valuable lesson...

I learned that love, when it is truly meant to be, conquers all! I learned even moreso that I am the most blessed gy alive and fortunate to have the most amazing woman at my side! I learned that I will never take her love for granted...

Last edited by jac; 11-01-2012 at 07:09 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post: