Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Butch Zone

The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 09-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #381
wonderwoman

How Do You Identify?:
me

wonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputationwonderwoman Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently a fashion design student in university. I am designing a gender neutral clothing line with an emphasis on masculine designs fitted to a female body type. I currently need to do research and was hoping some of you would be willing to complete a short, anonymous survey. The link is below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HR6X9DV
wonderwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #382
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Survey done for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
I am currently a fashion design student in university. I am designing a gender neutral clothing line with an emphasis on masculine designs fitted to a female body type. I currently need to do research and was hoping some of you would be willing to complete a short, anonymous survey. The link is below.

Survey is done for you wonderwoman. I was happy to help.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #383
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Completed, your choice of work will be appreciated.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #384
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I currently need to do research and was hoping some of you would be willing to complete a short, anonymous survey. The link is below.

done. we are a compliant group, aren't we?
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #385
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

So I'm thinking about trying something new as far as fashion goes. I want to get a pair of trousers with the buttons for suspenders but am having a hell of a time finding anything.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know where to find formal pants but want something between casual and that if that that makes sense.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #386
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Here you go!

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Herrin...efault,pd.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #387
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
I like those.. thank you. I'll have to look around that site and see if they have anything else as well!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #388
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, I just got my second haircut in my new location. I was a bit concerned about what kind of reception I would get in a conservative city an a conservative state. In some states barbers can refuse service to females (it's a different license) I don't know if it's true here, I just decided to give it a go and see what happened. I looked online, and found a couple of good prospects by reviews and one happened to be only a couple of blocks away. I figured to start close to home and if I got stink eye I had another to try up my sleeve.

What a great surprise. Johnny, the young guy that I'd read about didn't bat an eye and asked me the in normal barber speak what I wanted, added a couple of tips based on a look over of my growth pattern and did a great job. I usually get it blocked in the back and asked him instead to do a taper to try it out, I thought it might be easier than touching it up with a razor every few days. Bad idea on my part, it felt all weird on my collar. So today when I went back I decided to let the top grow a little more based on how well his cut was growing out and asked him to go ahead and re-block the back and burns. No only is he about the nicest guy you ever met but he is really careful and takes time to be a perfectionist. At the end he surprised me by doing a nice hot lather shave with a straight razor on the neck to make it just right.

I like this shop, it's quite plain, from I would guess the late 50's early 60's and pretty much original in equipment. They have these great original counter top vacuums for your head instead of just brushing and blowing about the little sharp cut bits. I've never seen them but it is great at making things 'no itch'. The older guy, maybe my age, might be an old closet queen though I can't quite decide yet.

Yeah, I think it's a keeper. A good sign of settling in is having a good comfortable barber shop around the corner.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #389
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

It is cool to know that other butches go to barbers to get their hair cut. I only recently started going to a barber myself. I've always had short hair, but with the way I like it cut and styled, I thought a barber may understand better.

The first barbershop I went to was a little iffy. They didn't refuse me service or anything, but I got a weird vibe while I was there.

Tried a new place yesterday. Floyd's 99 Barbershop. They're actually a chain. But I really liked it.
randrum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randrum For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #390
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Recently checked out Me Undies. I heard they make comfortable underwear. And I'm really picky about underwear.

Anyway, it's a cool site, with lots of choices. I especially liked all the variety of designs for trunks, which are hard to find in general let alone in fun patterns. I also thought it was cool they offer a subscription where you can get 1 (or more) new pairs in fun designs each month automatically.

Oh and I should mention they are comfortable too! Well made and a nice material. I ordered the surfboard ones and the lovestruck, which is the February design of the month.

I also got some cool socks. I figure if I have to dress up for work, might as well wear some fun stuff underneath. It's sort of my little secret (that I am now sharing with all of you).
randrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #391
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Why is it such a turn-on, a butch woman in boxer shorts?

I'm dating someone and she was talking about taking her dog out early one morning and running into a neighbor in the elevator. "And there I was in my boxers and T shirt and flip-flops," she said, and I felt this little lurch on the attraction dial, in the right direction.

Why is that?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:36 AM   #392
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to alternate between the hairdresser I have gone to for years, and a barber just down the street. The barber uses a straight razor on the back of my neck and gets it nice and close. I was a little worried the first time I went to him but never had any problems. More recent I have been loving button down shirts that have French cuffs so I can wear cufflinks I have a few pair and think they add a little something. But those shirts are not all that easy to find.
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #393
wvps

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hy

wvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputationwvps Has the BEST Reputation
Default clothes

I'm a jeans wearing one till summertime and it's cargo shorts all the time.... I wear Nike's seems helping my back cause of the walking I do but T-shirts but when I dress up I have a buttoned up shirts....
wvps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvps For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #394
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I was born and raised in the city and I grew up in the hills.These days I wear mostly Levis jeans and tank tops(it being summer)and casual tshirts,cowboy boots,urban boots,military tactical boots...oh,I love my boots.I wear trucker caps or baseball caps to shield my eyes from the sun.I'm known to wear camouflage jackets,shirts,pants when i'm out with nature.I wear long sleeve mens shirts,cargo shorts(it being summer)..with a pair of boots,of course.When its 100 plus outside I don't wear much at home or at my private swimming hole.A suit and tie is not my every day wear idea but it sure looks good on some butches in this thread.I also wear leather,but thats for special ocassions.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #395
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

I wanted to tell everyone about a really good experience I had yesterday.

Now I'm definitely a jeans and t-shirt butch. Even for work, the extent of my "dressing up" is khakis and a polo. But I find myself needing something dressy for an engagement party I'm going to on New Year's Eve.

I decided to bite the bullet and get a nice suit. Something properly fitted and tailored. I decided to try Men's Wearhouse because that is their business. But I was a little worried because here I am, obviously female, walking into a Men's Wearhouse to get fitted for a suit.

Turns out I worried needlessly. What a great experience! They did not treat me differently or give me a hard time. In fact, they made me feel welcome and comfortable. Helped me find a suit that was sized right and had an in-house tailor to make the alterations necessary. They even helped me match shoes, shirts, ties... Everything I needed to complete the look.

Now I won't lie, it was more expensive than I had anticipated. But well worth it. I know that I'll be looking sharp for the party and walked out of there feeling very confident.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #396
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not a clothes horse, BUT I do think a nice white long sleeve shirt, black dress slacks and black dress shoes look rather good on me~!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #397
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Black for me

I wear black jeans, black T or black button down shirt and black suede cowboy boots or leather boots. I am told it looks good with my now pure white hair. What can I say. The ladies cant be wrong. Oh and a black dress jacket when needed.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #398
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
I wanted to tell everyone about a really good experience I had yesterday.

Now I'm definitely a jeans and t-shirt butch. Even for work, the extent of my "dressing up" is khakis and a polo. But I find myself needing something dressy for an engagement party I'm going to on New Year's Eve.

I decided to bite the bullet and get a nice suit. Something properly fitted and tailored. I decided to try Men's Wearhouse because that is their business. But I was a little worried because here I am, obviously female, walking into a Men's Wearhouse to get fitted for a suit.

Turns out I worried needlessly. What a great experience! They did not treat me differently or give me a hard time. In fact, they made me feel welcome and comfortable. Helped me find a suit that was sized right and had an in-house tailor to make the alterations necessary. They even helped me match shoes, shirts, ties... Everything I needed to complete the look.

Now I won't lie, it was more expensive than I had anticipated. But well worth it. I know that I'll be looking sharp for the party and walked out of there feeling very confident.
I have heard many times that Men's Wearhouse treats butches well and they don't bat an eye at a butch coming in. It must be something in their policies or something because I think the stores are all over the country.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #399
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I have had veru good experiences with Men's Wearhouse in several different states of the U.S.- in the East, West and South regions. They obviously train their staff well. I have been treated very well whether buying or renting in all stages- helping find clothes, fitting, tailoring, try on, picking up and returning (tuxedos).

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #400
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My guy used to work for Men's Wearhouse. I love going thru his closet, he has the most wonderful collection! And actually, these past few weeks, he has been extra handsome in his choice of outfits and his choice of scent! Such a turn on from seeing his daily work outfit! Mmmmmmm, just saying 😍

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: