Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #21
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Don't like Marilyn Monroe at all. I think she sucked as an actress. Just my .02.
Well, I always wanted to be Jane Russell in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

I didn't like Monroe's Bus Stop (her accent is sooo annoying to me in that film) or a few others; but I don't think she was that bad in some of her films... I do understand, though, how some people think of her as more of an iconic figure than an actress :-)

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 AM   #22
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
An Affair to Remember
The Public Enemy
The Postman Always Rings Twice
To Have and to Have Not
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Asphalt Jungle
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Gone With The Wind
The Wizard of Oz
On The Waterfront
Sunset Blvd.
Bridge on the River Kwai
Some Like it Hot
Star Wars
All About Eve
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Psycho
The Grapes of Wrath
man, i wanna do movie night with you. i'll make the popcorn. can we toss in It's a Wonderful Life?

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #23
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE classic movies! Some of my favorites:

The Philadelphia Story
Arsenic and Old Lace
Witness for the Prosecution
Any Hitchcock movie (except Marnie...wasn't crazy about that one)
ANYTHING with Bette Davis (her performance in "Of Human Bondage", one of her firsts, was amazing)

Will be back later with more, I am sure

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #24
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
The Bad Seed

One of my favorite classics based on Maxwell Anderson's play about a murderous 9 year old played by Patty McCormick

YouTube- The Bad Seed (1956) 06/14 (English - Spanish - Subtitles)
This is one of my favorite movies too. I love the simplicity of it.
Patty McCormick did the stage version, and they rushed to make the movie before she got too old for the role.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Had a Stanwyck marathon last night.

Witness to Murder
Crime of Passion
Jeopardy
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #26
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

On tap tonight: Kirk Douglas

The Big Carnival (aka Ace in the Hole)
The Man with A Horn (Harry James' trumpet dubbed in makes this film)

No time for The Bad & The Beautiful, and Lonely Are the Brave, maybe tomorrow night.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #27
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Powerful heartbreaking scenes that make you feel embarrassed and humiliated for the characters.

Jezebel, 1938

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B11aPeavo9s"]YouTube- Jezebel - Red dress scene[/ame]

Rebecca, 1940

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hApbxU9x5PY"]YouTube- Rebecca 3/13[/ame]

Stella Dallas, 1937
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngD9CeGdzDQ"]YouTube- Stella Christmas.mpg[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #28
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I'm a fan of black and white photography and there have been great pictures shot with the intensity of black and white. One of my favorite scenes is a close up from A Place In the Sun directed by George Stevens (Best Director) and William Mellor (Best Cinematography) black and white. No doubt considering the power mix of actors and shots dominate the movie...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEuFNnJSIw8"]YouTube- A place in the Sun[/ame]
Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #29
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

One of my faves is Imitation of Life with Lana Turner. It is the consummate tear-jerker.

Jewel
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #30
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

My favorite westerns

Three Godfathers
The Shootist
3:10 to Yuma (the original)
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
and at the top of my list

Shane

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFquzxwYoeE"]YouTube- Shane - exciting ending to Western movie classic[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #31
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLW5jzHsW7c"]YouTube- Some like It hot [1959] ending[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOThvZ4888o"]YouTube- Arsenic And Old Lace 3/15 (1944)[/ame]
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #32
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

If I had my choice, I would vote in favor of an honorary Oscar or Lifetime Achievement Award be given to Debbie Reynolds.
She was amazing. I just didn't realize how much growing up with her kind of movie star.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #33
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

My def. of film noire: heavy shadows and cigarette smoking in damn near every scene.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #34
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

TCM REMINDER
31 DAYS OF OSCAR STARTS FEB. 1, 2010
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #35
owen4u1904

How Do You Identify?:
trans/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

owen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant future
Default Some of my favorites...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKhR8QtQ4do"]YouTube- Bye Bye Birdie (1963 movie) - Telephone Hour[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy3hB8ERBvI"]YouTube- Best Of Peter Pan-Never Grow Up[/ame]
Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 AM   #36
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
I love the opening shot of Touch of Evil. That wonderful long shot. It is a classic to watch and gets me every time. Touch of Evil had one of the first butch characters in film. Rufus
Sha-freakin-ZAM.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8MqjoFvy4"]YouTube- Touch of Evil Opening Shot[/ame]
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #37
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Favorites

I'm a huge Cary Grant fan. Probably because in my head, I am Cary Grant. ha ha!

Nonetheless---some of my favorite classic movies are:
North by Northwest
To Catch a Thief
Houseboat (I too fell in love with Sophia Loren!)
Marjorie Morningstar
Casablanca
That Touch of Mink
Mildred Pierce
Sex and The Single Girl (Natalie Wood! Be still my heart!)

I know there are many, many more...but, I will always stay and re-watch any of these.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #38
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

From my Top 10:
The Bad and The Beautiful, 1952

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddTNnLsPViQ"]YouTube- #248) THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL (1952)[/ame]

The main title:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdv2UbIvBc"]YouTube- Theme from"The Bad & The Beautiful"[/ame]
Old 02-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #39
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

One of the best courtroom scenes ever in my book.
Take a few minutes to watch how this ending scene builds.
And Justice for All

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sOeY6ZVG2U"]YouTube- [Great Movie Scenes] ...And Justice For All - Ending Scene[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #40
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: