Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #3721
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
I just worked out on the Kinect doing both of the Just Dance 3 and Adventure games for twenty minutes. It is hard to do in Skechers Shape Ups.

Zimmeh
I read something about a class action suit about those Skecher things. They can apparently be very challenging, down right dangerous for those less that 100%. Be careful, hon.

Kinect sounds like a lot of fun. Someday, I will get that set up, me thinks. I love to game and the idea of active gaming, where our bodies are actually engaged, makes me happy. As does standing desks and treadmills underneath them.

I had a great nursing professor who once told me that our bodies start to look like what we do the most. She stood all the time, her legs were always engaged. She did not ever want to be down for the count. She was so gung ho, I don't think she sat at all during the whole 12 hour shifts we were on. AND she arrived not one hour, but 2 hours before shift. Amazing woman, who also painted some of the most beautiful paintings I have ever seen. Again, standing at her easel. Anything on her feet, she did.

All that came about from a comment about her ass widening, when she was once an administrator or secretary, some desk job. Her ass apparently started to look like the chair she sat in most the day.

I do not want look or be a Lazy Boy, dang it~!
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #3722
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I actually like wearing my Keds to work out in. I found it was hard to jump or do the dance moves in the Shape Ups. When we move I'm June, I will have an extra space for our office/workout room.

I'm used to working retail so sitting at my new job is hard to do.

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I read something about a class action suit about those Skecher things. They can apparently be very challenging, down right dangerous for those less that 100%. Be careful, hon.

Kinect sounds like a lot of fun. Someday, I will get that set up, me thinks. I love to game and the idea of active gaming, where our bodies are actually engaged, makes me happy. As does standing desks and treadmills underneath them.

I had a great nursing professor who once told me that our bodies start to look like what we do the most. She stood all the time, her legs were always engaged. She did not ever want to be down for the count. She was so gung ho, I don't think she sat at all during the whole 12 hour shifts we were on. AND she arrived not one hour, but 2 hours before shift. Amazing woman, who also painted some of the most beautiful paintings I have ever seen. Again, standing at her easel. Anything on her feet, she did.

All that came about from a comment about her ass widening, when she was once an administrator or secretary, some desk job. Her ass apparently started to look like the chair she sat in most the day.

I do not want look or be a Lazy Boy, dang it~!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #3723
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say, that if you want a protein packed lunch, try the protein box from Starbucks. It has 300 calories and includes: apples, grapes, one piece of white cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg and muesli bread. There is also honey peanut butter included, but I didn't eat it. Which is 80 calories alone. If you do add the peanut butter to the other foods, your taking the whole box to 380 calories.

Zimmeh
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #3724
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post

Oh, I was sooooooooo bad this weekend...
I had all the right intentions but none of the will...
Back to it again this week....
Onwards and upwards...

I'm just considering it a lost weekend. I can't withstand the sight of cupcakes and cookies for long before I crumble. What happens at the mid-way reunion stays at the reunion. That food never happened. Lalala.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #3725
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
What happens at the mid-way reunion stays at the reunion. That food never happened. Lalala.
Correction: what happens at the mid-way reunion comes home with you and shows up as 5 lbs on the scale! At least in my case. Heh.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #3726
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

It annoys me that every time I push myself to my absolute limit, and am suffering much muscle pain, I gain a 1/2 pound. Logically, I know this is water weight or muscle weight, but every once in awhile I'd like to see a different immediate result. Luckily, about 4 days after that, when I get on the scale I usually see a 4-5 pound loss (if I am successful at putting the peanut butter spoon down that week. The peanut butter addiction doesn't make me gain weight, but it slows me down). I am just a little impatient.

Have a happy and healthy day all!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #3727
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Correction: what happens at the mid-way reunion comes home with you and shows up as 5 lbs on the scale! At least in my case. Heh.
For me, it showed up as 4 lbs this morning.....
I'll be at the gym later today and also
drinking plenty of water instead of alcohol!

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #3728
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I was dealing with heavy emotions this weekend which lead to emotional eating. Wow, I am paying for it. I feel like I ate a brick and I feel so disgusted. It's funny how I eat to make myself "feel better" when it only makes me feel 1,000 times worse. Going out for a long walk or run would have totally helped alleviate my stress, but I turned I food. Ugh. Anyways. Needed to vent.

Hugs to all!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #3729
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

I am really enjoying my food..I go May 15th to get braces and I will no longer be able to enjoy nuts, candy, meat on a bone or popcorn... Once it is all done, I will have a gorgeous smile..

I had a small side salad with: cranberries, sunflower seeds and feta cheese and no dressing..Very filling!

Zimmeh
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #3730
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
I was dealing with heavy emotions this weekend which lead to emotional eating. Wow, I am paying for it. I feel like I ate a brick and I feel so disgusted. It's funny how I eat to make myself "feel better" when it only makes me feel 1,000 times worse. Going out for a long walk or run would have totally helped alleviate my stress, but I turned I food. Ugh. Anyways. Needed to vent.

Hugs to all!
I completely understand.. I have been emotional eating lately to "deal" with the things that are bothering me. It is nothing new to me... However, lately, I have been eating over Little things, instead of the big triggers that used to send me into an emotional eating overload... I am thinking I have too much time on my hands and too relaxed. I did hop on the scale before posting, and even though I have not been strict OR working out, I have lost another 2 pounds. I am "ok" with this, however, I know if I would just get off the stick and work harder, it would be coming off faster and easier, AND I wouldn't feel like a slug.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #3731
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
The recommended amount of protein is .036 grams per pound for a HEALTHY female. People with compromised kidney functions will not want to consume this much protein as the process of breaking down protein is very hard on kidneys. (Diabetes and High Blood Pressure to name two) Check with your Doctor to be sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
I wanted to go ahead and calculate this because I was thinking it was a lot! However here is what it adds up to. .

If someone weighs 200 lbs. / 2 = 100 grams of protein a day or 3.5 ounces. This is very healthy, beyond healthy.
Ok this is mind boggling and I'm trying to add it up and do the math.

3.5 ounces is not a lot of protein to begin with. Hell I've been known to eat a 12 oz steak for dinner. If I do your calculation I get less than 1 ounce of protein for someone that may weigh 200 lbs. Am I missing something?

.036 x 200 = 7.2 grams, which equals .25 ounces.. ?

Just wondering if I'm missing something from your post.

For myself I will say eating 3-8 oz a day of bnls sknls chicken breast or grilled shrimp, certain fish, or lean beef steak is good. But that's just for me..
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #3732
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default you would argue if the sky was blue

How Much Protein Do You Need?By Cari Nierenberg

Protein tends to play a starring role at mealtimes, but you might be better off if it moves out of the spotlight and becomes part of a supporting cast of foods on your plate.
Most Americans get more than enough protein each day, and may be getting too much of this nutrient from animal sources, like meat, poultry, and eggs.
Although important in the diet, extra protein will not help you build more muscle or make you stronger. When you're consuming too much of it, you're probably taking in more calories and fat than your body needs.
You need protein because "it has its hands in every critical function of the body," says Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. But the truth about protein is that many people don't need as much as they are taking in.
How Much Protein Is Enough?

Adults in the U.S. are encouraged to get 10% to 35% of their day's calories from protein foods. That's about 36 grams of protein for women, and 56 grams of protein for men.
It's not hard to get this amount if you eat two to three servings of protein-rich foods a day, according to the CDC.
  • A small 3-ounce piece of meat has about 21 grams of protein. A typical 8-ounce piece of meat could have over 50 grams of protein.
  • One 8-ounce container of yogurt has about 11 grams of protein.
  • One cup of milk has 8 grams of protein.
  • One cup of dry beans has about 16 grams of protein.
People With Special Protein Needs

Not everyone needs the same amount of protein. Here are six groups who need to pay more attention to their protein requirements.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women. Lauren Antonucci, MS, RD, director of Nutrition Energy in New York City says pregnant women need about 10 more grams of protein than they did before. And "nursing women need 20 grams more protein a day than they did before pregnancy to support milk production," says Antonucci. You would get 10 grams in one Greek yogurt or a half-cup of cottage cheese, so it doesn't add up to a lot of food. She encourages pregnant women to get 20 to 30 grams of their protein a day from low-fat dairy products because calcium and vitamin D are crucial for the bone health of mother and baby.
Athletes. Most sports involve physically breaking down muscle during the activity and repairing it afterward. So the protein needs of active people are influenced by the length, frequency, and intensity of their workouts. Endurance athletes such as marathoners need about 50% more protein than a sedentary person, says sports dietitian Josephine Conolly-Schoonen, MS, RD, on Medscape Today. Body Builders might need twice as much protein as a sedentary person. But it's important to remember than most Americans, including athletes, get plenty of protein in their regular diet, and do not need protein supplements

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #3733
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

THANK YOU DOMINIQUE!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #3734
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

I've skimmed this thread and I'm really interested in joining the conversation. I've gained 25lbs in the last three years which is a lot for a woman of my stature. I stand a muscular, curvy 5 feet tall, I've never been a waif, for as petite as I am my body just wasn't built like that. I've been thin and I've been heavy and now as I've gotten older, quit smoking, gone through depression etc., etc... I do not want to tip the scale any more.

I have the Fitness Pal on my iphone and my daily calorie intake (without working out) is 1200 calories. That is really hard some days when I could absolutely take in 3 times that much (happily!) Depending on what I do in the gym I can give my self another 3-500 calories to play with. That however is the hardest part... getting to the gym, but I am really working on that and am officially on day two.

Today I weighed in at 144.5 (omg.. I really put it out there.) I would ideally like to be at 120lbs.

I've consumed the majority of my calories (including a handful of jelly beans that was an impulse buy at the drugstore :/ ) and have yet to eat dinner. I also went to the gym tonight. Brisk walk for 25 and ran at 5.2 for 10 also did bench, lat & leg press, worked triceps and biceps and a long cool down stretching on the floor. I'm not sure if I will work out every day or if I should give myself a break...

I didn't drink as much water as I should have today but I'll try to make up for it this evening.

Thanks so much for a place to share, find motivation and hear other ideas / goals made, lost!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #3735
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning healthies..

It was a challenging week & a half or so for me..
All i wanted to do was sleep, i felt mentally & physically exhausted.
i had no motivation whatsoever.. & finally, yesterday i reconnected..
thank goodness... i did have some moments of exercise, and i did continue to eat healthy, but really i tend to create hard moments for myself in my recovery & so happy i am out of that headspace now..

Today, i will celebrate with a walk around the lake..
i had planned to go to the gym, but something tells me that the sunshine and being at one with nature today is exactly what i need...

To each of you who posted about emotional eating.. i soo get it, i'm an emotional eater too and what counts is that we get back up, dust ourselves off and keep going...

Celebrating that with you all this morning.. because today, i'm bouncing back with you all! ♥ ((((hugggggz))))

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #3736
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I so hear you on the fresh air and communing with nature thing sylvie

When I'm really in a funk or stressed, the best thing I can do for myself is grab the dogs and head for the beach. A good 3 mile walk in the wet sand, with the waves tickling my toes, bright sunshine, watching the dogs run and play....does me a world of good, and not just physically.

In other news, I am contemplating the purchase of a treadmill desk....the idea being that you very slowly stroll as you work on the computer. The treadmill is specifically designed for extended, slow use....with a max speed of 4 miles an hour, but can run for 6 hours at a stretch without wearing out the motor.

It's a bit expensive....heck, lots of expensive....but it would keep me up and moving instead of sitting in a chair during the day.

Anyone had any experience with one?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #3737
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Absolutely Jo..
i just got home from my walk, i stopped and took in the views lots, and found a place to meditate, and stopped along the beach, a lady had 2 big dogs with her and she was throwing sticks in the water an they were jumping and splashing around, so talked with her and played with the dogs too..

small things, do wonderful things for the mind and soul.. ♥ & fresh air and nature really help pull me out of that funk..It was lovely..Hope your day was wonderful & wish i had a clue on that desk for you, i've never heard of such a thing!

<< admits she's a bit behind in the times, though lol !!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #3738
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
In other news, I am contemplating the purchase of a treadmill desk....the idea being that you very slowly stroll as you work on the computer. The treadmill is specifically designed for extended, slow use....with a max speed of 4 miles an hour, but can run for 6 hours at a stretch without wearing out the motor.

It's a bit expensive....heck, lots of expensive....but it would keep me up and moving instead of sitting in a chair during the day.

Anyone had any experience with one?
Here's a little info.... http://www.treadmill-desk.com/
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #3739
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Here's a little info.... http://www.treadmill-desk.com/
Thank you for the link!

I really love the idea of standing desks and desks that go up and down with a hydraulic drive, which many of the geeks here in HP and AMD land use at the office. And I know so many doctors that use em too. Last place I worked had the kind of desk you can set to any height, ergonomics were a really big deal.

I would like to design my own, think they are way too much money!

But then again, time is money. And it would take me a good long time, considering where all my tools are. Meanwhile, I have been using my walker, which was my father's. I have it for after my knee replacement surgeries, but have been using it in unusual ways. Laptop fits right good on it and has like 2 shelfs, because my dad always added things to whatever devices he had. So does my brother, so nothing is ever quite stock. Why not get creative, no?

Glad that the latest laptops are so much faster and have so much more storage, they out do my old PC. Laptops are easy to simply move to a counter, which I have also been doing. As I do deep knee bends and what not while computering. Anything that gets us moving is a good thing for sures. And considering how much time we spend with our computers...

Creativity is a good thing.
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #3740
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Lunch today is a huge salad with corn, cranberries, feta cheese, croutons, and sunflower seeds. I forgot eggs

Zimmeh

Last edited by Zimmeh; 04-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Zimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: