Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #81
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
you always suggest the best of things! LOL
i didn't even think of the library actually, i was thinking on getting some books too so perfect idea, i will add that to my list of things to do this week.. the library is a hop, skip and a jump from me...

=)
Hey, that hop, skip and a jump count towards your movement for the day!

Quote:
i did an early morning workout today and feel okay, i hurt myself yesterday so probably should not have pushed it but im medicated lmao... so it eases the pain some..i did some research yesterday starting with a link Gemme shared, on ab workouts and went from there.. but i struggled with the ab part for now since i pulled muscles around the tum and back.. so i'll work on that more soon as i can.

so this morning i did a combination of stepup's, resistance workout, some cardio and finished with some ab - can we say ouch? something i definitely need to work on and increase as i go though.. today was hard to do cuz of the hurt already..
so i didn't push myself and didnt get the workout i usually do.. i thought maybe stretching it out some would be good though since i work a busy shift today - so far i dont feel so badly.. not as painful as it was when i first got up..i was very careful.
i even remembered to do my stretches, something i often forget about..
Always. Stretch.

Always.

It not only helps to alleviate potential soreness but smooths your muscles out nicely so they can heal better too, like a bubble bath does for some of us.

Did I mention to always stretch?

Quote:
ohhh , i know mad poster is back again.. LOL..
they dont call me miss gabbalot for nothing!!

question for ya's : can anyone suggest some healthy snack ideas ? i always buy some fruit, i need something crunchy and sweet or to kick those cravings.. i'm a potato chip lover and steering away from those obviously, but find i'm constantly craving those lol.

i know fresh pineapple is something that curbs my sweet tooth craving, but i can't buy enough for everyday LOL.. i need more ideas.. any suggestions you all have for snacking i'd appreciate..
I snacks. I buy tons of them so I'll have plenty of options and won't feel as if I 'have' to eat one thing or another because I'm out of something. I'm totally an options kinda girl.

I have Orville Redenbacher's 100 calorie mini bags of popcorn in butter for my savory cravings and kettle corn for my sweet tooth. One bag pops up to 2-4 cups worth of popcorn!

Quaker rice cakes are YUMMY now. I like the caramel corn flavor the best and for 50 calories per cake, that's not too bad.

If you are good with portioning food, I recommend nuts. I look at the cannister or bag or whatever they come in and see what the serving size is and, if I can't see myself taking ONLY that many out at a time (and not going back), I don't get them. Wal-Mart makes a mix called Mountain mix. It has cashews and peanuts and raisins and M&Ms in it. For some reason, even though I don't care for M&Ms, I find it hard to stop at the serving size. So I don't buy it anymore. I do, however, have Planter's Creme Brule Almonds because, for some crazy reason, I can take out 18 of them and put them on a napkin or saucer and nibble on them and be good with it. They are SUPER yummy, btw.

For my nuttin's gonna cut it but pure unadulterated sugar fits, I keep Tootsie Pops in the house. One pop is 60 calories and if I'm playing online or watching TV while I eat it, I can stretch it out so that it takes me half an hour to an hour to finish it (I put it down while actually watching TV and suck on it during the commercials, for example.).

Cheese is good but...again...really only if you can control your portions. Nuts and cheese are notoriously high in fat, both good and bad, so I don't nash on them a lot unless I'm having some awful jonesin' cravings.

Reduced fat/sodium/calories/etc snack chips and crackers. Again, portion control.

I eat animal crackers. I get the HUGE bag at the Mart of Wal and divvy it up into ziplocks and so, I know how many servings are in each bag and I keep track of each little animal as it goes down my gullet.

I guess more than anything that's helped me thus far, regardless of what I'm eating, I eat less if I write it down. I carry a food journal with me EVERYWHERE (ask Ebon). I went out to Magnolia Cafe and Chili's the past couple of weeks with him and I wrote down everything I ate at both places. Even the bottomless chips and salsa and, yes, I had plenty.

I was surprised, though. Someone I consider a good friend said he was very uncomfortable with me doing that and he. actually. told. me. to. stop. doing. it.

I was gobsmacked that someone thought that they had that kind of control over me, even if it was meant with love. I found THAT quite disturbing, actually.

What was I talking about again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I have to be careful with snacking...I work from home so the kitchen is about 10 feet from my desk.

Having said that, when I do feel the craving for snacks I usually choose fruit...banana, apple, kiwi, fresh berries....or a granola bar. I love the kashi brand, and they're high in protein and fiber and whole grains and all that good stuff...they even have one that's dark chocolate and cherry and can almost make you believe it's a candy bar while still being healthy.

Other things I sometimes have....a small handful of nuts (although it's hard to stop at a handful), yogurt smoothie or a small carton of yogurt, string cheese (I get the individually wrapped ones...makes it easier to grab one and step away from the fridge ).

I love chips too....and we always have them in the house, which makes it tough. I have found that buying the single serving size (designed for lunchboxes) helps me. Again, I can grab one and walk away, and when I'm done...I'm done. I know they're wasteful on packaging, but it helps.

One thing I discovered with the diabetes is that I tended to eat on auto-pilot, and frequently didn't even taste my food. When I'm upset and doing "emotional eating" I can still find myself in that situation....with half a giant bag of BBQ chips gone and I don't even remember eating them or the flavor. I discovered that mindful eating helps. If I'm eating that snack size bag of chips, or that single square of Dove chocolate, I really focus on it....no other distractions.....I even close my eyes, and really experience the texture and flavor of what I'm eating fully. I've find my cravings are satisfied with a surprisingly tiny amount if I do this.

In other news....I haven't been as good about my walking or my diet as I like (it's been a rough week), but I still managed to lose 2 lbs. Yay!
Mindful eating is an excellent resource for maintaining your dietary program, whatever it may be. Not only will you eat less, but you'll enjoy it more.

No eating standing up. To the best of your ability, set up a routine place and well, routine, for eating. It's like when they say to have a routine for getting ready for bed will help your body rest better. If your body has a routine for prepping for food, it will 'feel' it more.

Did you know that your taste buds start to dull after only 3-4 bites of sweet stuff? I can imagine it's the same with salty or spicy too. So, once they start to dull, we start to chase the 'high' of the first bite or two and....if we're not mindful...can devour the whole darn thing.

Two pounds is GREAT for a week! Congrats.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #82
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

YAY thank you for the snack suggestions everyone, i knew ya's would give me some good ideas... there was a ton of stuff you all suggested that i would love, so this week, when i do my shopping im going to make a list of the things i need, and finally can go at this full force..

snacking is one of my big downfalls.. though i am going to try to stop eating at night, after 6pm.. i usually work til 7pm, and eat when i get home, so this will be a big change for me, ill have to bring something to work to eat there , rather than wait to get home..

so usually, once i am home, i want to snack cuz im too lazy to cook LOL..
but snacks for breaks at work, as well as days im home i'd love to eat healthier for..
Gemme, loved that idea with the tootsie pop too, i love tootsie pops and usually the commercial breaks are when i want to get up and scour the fridge or cupboards looking for something! oh and animal crackers, i love! and haven't had since sooo long..

TY so much again everyone, YAY!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #83
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I love chips too....and we always have them in the house, which makes it tough. I have found that buying the single serving size (designed for lunchboxes) helps me. Again, I can grab one and walk away, and when I'm done...I'm done. I know they're wasteful on packaging, but it helps.

In other news....I haven't been as good about my walking or my diet as I like (it's been a rough week), but I still managed to lose 2 lbs. Yay!
YAY on the 2lbs lost! congratulations Jo!
it's funny you say that about the single serving size of chips..
i've even found if i go to kitchen and grab a handful and put the bag back in the cupboard, then i'm fine and it's satisfied me.. but if i bring the bag with me to the living room, i eat and eat and eat.. it's neat how we can trick the mind with lil things like that, eh?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #84
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hey, that hop, skip and a jump count towards your movement for the day!

Always. Stretch.

Always.

It not only helps to alleviate potential soreness but smooths your muscles out nicely so they can heal better too, like a bubble bath does for some of us.

Did I mention to always stretch?

yesss, i know! i'm terrible about not stretching, or ... i was anyway!
but now that i'm getting serious about all of this, it's something i need to do..
so from this day forward, i shall stretch!!
even before my hop, skip & a jump! hehe...
Thanks Gemme !!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #85
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I had 1/2 of a grilled chicken breast with frozen yellow corn for dinner.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #86
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

YAY thank you for the snack suggestions everyone, i knew ya's would give me some good ideas... there was a ton of stuff you all suggested that i would love, so this week, when i do my shopping im going to make a list of the things i need, and finally can go at this full force..

snacking is one of my big downfalls.. though i am going to try to stop eating at night, after 6pm.. i usually work til 7pm, and eat when i get home, so this will be a big change for me, ill have to bring something to work to eat there , rather than wait to get home..

so usually, once i am home, i want to snack cuz im too lazy to cook LOL..
but snacks for breaks at work, as well as days im home i'd love to eat healthier for..
Gemme, loved that idea with the tootsie pop too, i love tootsie pops and usually the commercial breaks are when i want to get up and scour the fridge or cupboards looking for something! oh and animal crackers, i love! and haven't had since sooo long..

TY so much again everyone, YAY!
Thanks. I find that denying my sweet tooth totally just creates havoc, so I don't. They are yummy, aren't they?

My schedule is not the norm, I think, so even though I also place limits upon when I will eat....or stop eating, should I say...I don't have a specific time to stop. For myself, I don't eat within two hours of going to bed. If I wait too long between my last meal and then going to bed, I'll wake up hungry in the middle of the night and that's just not helpful in any way.

Let us know how it goes for you.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #87
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

ohh those are good points again Gemme...
i know i definitely do not want to deprive myself..
it would throw me back into binging probably, especially if i stress something..i automatically go for food , i'm such an emotional eater, it sucks lol!! i've been doing soo great, with not binging (or purging) and so tis why doing this the healthy way (as well as smart way for ME) is important..

i should probably do something similar, rather than saying by 6pm.. especially because i LOVE to eat while watching television.. maybe i would feel like i'm depriving myself, eesh!.. i want to be realistic about what i can do.. i work til 7 most nights, and come home hungry, but i dont eat before work either.. definitely need to change things up somehow, someplace so it works better for me - will be interesting that's for sure..

as long as i'm eating light, maybe at night.. or some of the healthier snacks that you all mentionned, wont be too bad.. like you, my schedule is not the norm, my work hours are scattered each day, sometimes i'm on call, my days off change often, some i work mornings, some nights, some splits, some all day you get my drift lol!! so setting an exact schedule wouldnt be too easy to follow all the time..

*ponders this*
Thank you again!

Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #88
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

ohh those are good points again Gemme...
i know i definitely do not want to deprive myself..
it would throw me back into binging probably, especially if i stress something..i automatically go for food , i'm such an emotional eater, it sucks lol!! i've been doing soo great, with not binging (or purging) and so tis why doing this the healthy way (as well as smart way for ME) is important..

i should probably do something similar, rather than saying by 6pm.. especially because i LOVE to eat while watching television.. maybe i would feel like i'm depriving myself, eesh!.. i want to be realistic about what i can do.. i work til 7 most nights, and come home hungry, but i dont eat before work either.. definitely need to change things up somehow, someplace so it works better for me - will be interesting that's for sure..

as long as i'm eating light, maybe at night.. or some of the healthier snacks that you all mentionned, wont be too bad.. like you, my schedule is not the norm, my work hours are scattered each day, sometimes i'm on call, my days off change often, some i work mornings, some nights, some splits, some all day you get my drift lol!! so setting an exact schedule wouldnt be too easy to follow all the time..

*ponders this*
Thank you again!
No worries. Glad my babbling is helping.

*grin*

Our blood sugar dips every...what?....3-4 hours....so it's important not to go very long in between meals.

I can't really snack at work, so I have to eat enough at breakfast to last til lunch (7am to 1pm window) and I still get the growlies about 12:30, but there's not much I can do to change that. I eat two packages of oatmeal with raisins or cream of wheat and skim milk mixed in for both on my work days because one package just doesn't cut it. I get mad, fierce growlies at 11am if I do that.

Once I'm home, though, I make sure to not go too long between meals and/or snacking. My temper spikes much easier if I'm hungry so it's best for everyone, really.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #89
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I printed the syllabus for my Human Nutrition class today. I have to analyze food nutrition labels, create a healthier menu for myself and a couple of other assignments. I didn't realize the class is accelerated and I will be done in 8 weeks.

Have a good night,

Zimmy
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #90
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Hi to everyone,

Since May, I've been on Weight Watchers, which has been great for me. I've lost close to 25 lbs. My partner has probably lost closer to 45. It's easier to do it together, I have to admit. I always start with a bang and then lose steam.

On WW, nothing is off limits, you just have to watch portion control and make choices. It's been very helpful to develop the mindset that I *can* have anything I want. Now that I don't have to feel deprived, I can decide what I truly want.

Switching to all whole grains, including pasta and bread, eating more fruits and veggies, and adding healthy oils (I include nuts and avocados, even though WW doesn't say so) has made a difference. I try different types of fruits, for variety.

Some of my lifesaving snacks are Popchips, baked lays (both in single serve bags), 90 cal. Special K bars, rice krispie treats, freeze dried apple slices, Skinny Cow ice cream treats, and Progresso Soups. I don't overdo it, but these things help round out the day without going off the plan. I also like low fat popcorn, especially the kettle corn variety. Oh, we also eat the Vitalicious muffin tops. I find them on sale and use coupons. The pumpkin spice is amazing.

Good luck to everyone who is trying to get healthier. I am so ambivalent about losing weight, per se, but getting healthier is not something I can argue with. This year, with the weight loss, I am now back in a normal blood sugar range, my blood pressure is back down to its usual very low, and I no longer have gastric reflux. I have a lot left to lose, but things are definitely moving in the right direction.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #91
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

It's so inspiring to hear everyone's successes, and tips for healthier eating.

I made a big pot of vegetable soup, with a little very lean beef, white beans and 8 kinds of veggies...and I've been having that for lunch.

Love what you had to say about nothing being off limits, Lynn. That makes such a difference in my mind-set. As soon as something is forbidden...that's what I want to eat.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #92
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

If you have s Chik-Fil-A restaurant near you, I am recommending their grilled chicken and fruit salad. I am having that for lunch today with no dressing.

Have a good day,

Zimmy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #93
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I have mixed feelings about Chik-fil-a. I love their food (their diet lemonade is da BOMB!) but they are super Christians that don't like our community.

The same for Curves. I love the concept; I just wish someone else came up with it.

In other news, I had cookies for dinner. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Not so long ago, if I had bought the bag and given myself permission to eat as many as I wanted (which I did), I would have eaten the whole bag instead of just a few. I have come a long way in just a few months.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #94
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

These last couple of days, i've not worked out..mainly because of my long work hours.. but today, no excuse!

but today is payday, had a few things to take care of, and thinking tomorrow morning, i will not only get the few things ive been wanting to make this a complete go for myself (stuff you've all suggested over the last couple of weeks) - but then also do the Gym!

i have spark people set up, and i'm ready to make a full attempt at this..
yesterday, i was saying to someone that i haven't drank any diet soda for about .. well at least a week, i think it's been more like 2 or 3 weeks though.. which is great ! i don't even feel like i'm missing it at all at this point, i mean i miss the taste of it, but i don't super crave it like i once did..

so i know i'm ready to tackle this from every angle now.. before, i wouldn't completely commit, even a few weeks ago.. it's always been eat healthy OR exercise OR walks each day OR quitting something, etc.. but for results, i need everything on board..

i've gotten so many suggestions, helpful hints & advice from all of you and soooooo appreciate it, you've no idea..
this journey i'm on was to help improve my self esteem, my self image and my own healthy well - being.. i had no idea i even had the strength to take all of this on, let alone the courage to 'want' it..

now it's just time to 'do' it.. i'm ready, physically & emotionally... YAY!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #95
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today is a mental health day for me, to wash off the past week and reenergize for the next one. No alarms were set last night and Ebon and I slept until 10:30.

Rest, check.

Then I made us a hearty breakfast. Reduced sodium bacon (The store was out of turkey bacon, can you believe it?) and Eggo waffles. Ebon had buttermilk and I had fiber plus calium waffles. He doesn't drink coffee a lot, but he made some and now the apartment smells like vanilla bean yumminess. I can't tolerate the taste of it, but I sure do love the aroma of some good coffee.

Fuel, check.

Ebon has had a difficult time getting to the gym too, since we share a vehicle and he's working when I get home and I get up and leave for work well before he gets up for the day, so we're taking advantage of the 24 hour access of our gym tonight and going after he gets off work.

Exercise, later.

I have a lot to do in the next three days but I'm setting most of it aside so that I can have today to decompress and just chill. Like Ebon said, I've missed our mornings. We used to do this on Sundays, but I work the weekends and he has a day off in the middle of the week, but I worked a full day, so we've been passing like ships in the night. So, lounging about together, watching Cougar Town while eating breakfast, has been good for us.

Relationship, check.

In a little while, I'm going to go to Hulu and watch American Idol's debut from last night and nudge Ebon to look at the ridiculous and to enjoy the awesome.

Entertainment, soon.

I'm also going to work on my crafts later tonight. When I'm doing that and not rushing it, it's very peaceful to me.

Zen, soon.

Soooooo, I think in terms of comprehensive healthfulness, I've got everything covered for the day!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #96
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

YAAAAAAAAY Gemme!
sounds like you do have everything in check, or soon to be in check hehe!

Nice how sometimes the small things can be all we need to put our day in check, really.. that has been the best part of me jumping into this journey, it's not only healthy physically, but for the mind as well!

i feel like i'm in such a better headspace, & lovin' it!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #97
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

My sister has been sick for a couple days. Today she finally went to the doctor. Apparently it is a sinus infection.
While she was there they went over the results from when she had her blood tested the other day. She's pre-diabetic but even she was surprised at how bad the numbers were - sugar high, cholesterol almost double what it should be, kidney not looking too good.
After our Christmas baking we started eating healthier - so she told her doctor that they could have been worse! But now she is more committed to eating healthier.
I told her baby steps - cut back on the processed foods and more fresh fruit and veggies. We looked at a couple cookbooks and planned a menu for the rest of the week. She has a shopping list and is heading out now.
I've been eating healthy - with a few slips here & there - but it will be so much easier now that she is going to really try too. When I cook it tends to be more healthier than when she cooks - - and she's been doing a lot of the cooking lately.

Tonight for dinner we're having pork chops with a pineapple chutney, rice, asparagus. and some sort of salad.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #98
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Good Morning all..
i actually just realized the time and don't have much time to post anymore, but came to this thread because i need to make a quick list of snacks and things suggested to me over the last few weeks..

i'm out to run a few errands this morning, and then heading to the gym, or.. actually maybe the other way around lol... either way, i'll be back later on..

but wanted to thank you all again for all the suggestions, i'm eager to rawk this!! *happy dances*

be back afterrrr!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #99
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes it's the little things...

I haven't been able to eat grapefruit (healthy, lo-cal, zero fat, lots of vitamin C...all that good stuff) for years due to being on Lipitor.

Now, my doc took me off that and put me on something else which is working better and....hurray! does not have the negative side effects with grapefruit.

I have also moved to south Florida....home of the gorgeous pink loveliness that is Indian River grapefruit.

I just had one for breakfast (yes, a whole one) with my coffee. I'm a happy girl!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #100
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sometimes it's the little things...

I haven't been able to eat grapefruit (healthy, lo-cal, zero fat, lots of vitamin C...all that good stuff) for years due to being on Lipitor.

Now, my doc took me off that and put me on something else which is working better and....hurray! does not have the negative side effects with grapefruit.

I have also moved to south Florida....home of the gorgeous pink loveliness that is Indian River grapefruit.

I just had one for breakfast (yes, a whole one) with my coffee. I'm a happy girl!
Really lipitor no grapefruit I didn't know that?? I was going to buy the pink ones too yesterday because I love them with splenda!!