Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #961
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
the last few nights I have gotten a bit more sleep, which does help. It is a beautiful day, so I do plan to walk in the yard and play with the doggies out there today. I agree that doing it on a consistent basis is a very good idea.
That’s a good point. Never underestimate the importance of sleep. The lack of it affects so much. That said, for me it sometimes ends up being a catch-22. Like when I don’t get enough sleep I’m too tired to work out very much. Then the less exercise I do the less tired I am. So it is even harder to fall asleep. Consequently I’m even less interested in doing anything. More sedentary, less sleep. And around and around I go. I’ve learned, for me, moving is the best way out of most of my cycles. It’s really helpful for the “trouble sleeping cycle.” It’s also helpful for me to get out of my “gee I’m feeling down cycle” because the endorphins kick in and I feel good despite myself. It usually ends up a win/win.

It’s great you have the dogs to play with. That must help a little as a motivator.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #962
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a good week...but I'm sore. More fun to be had tomorrow!
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #963
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

A lot of you know that I wake up very early on gym days. I have to be at my duty station at school by 7:45 am and I have to be showered, dressed, and fed!

The logistics of getting myself to the gym by 5:30 three times a week are ridiculous, it often seems, but I have to do it for me, for my well being, and I deserve to take good care of myself.

I'm very protective of my time and energy and food these days, though it's not always easy for me to stake that claim. I have worked very hard to take the baby steps to get here.

⭐️
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #964
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday....

I decided to do a favorite workout that I hadn't done for a while...a LONG while....

well....

I apparently chose too heavy a weight to do a twisty thing... and now my right oblique muscle says "NO!" a lot when I move certain ways....

Other than that, I was surprised at how much I could keep up with considering it is not an easy workout (plyo and weights and high energy inervals). Good to know I still got it! <flex>

This morning it's some nice yoga....and later...shoulders and back and legs....
Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #965
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Note to self (and others):

doing yoga with a pulled oblique muscle......not so fun....

but I muddled through and it felt super good

My back feels SO much better even after one day of yoga....I suppose because it really concentrates on the core...but wow my arms feel <<<<<THIS BIG>>>>

Namaste
Old 10-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #966
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Solo racquet ball. I think the ball won, but I wasn't counting...

Tread mill until I got bored.

Upper body weight lifting that I know will attack me in the morning.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #967
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone have experience with the Fluidity Bar or barre work out?

Since my surgery I am rethinking what the best method for exercise that won't aggravate my chest but still allow for strengthening and recovery.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #968
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

O.M.G.

I have a Px90ish type DVD set....I just did shoulders and back....by the time the cool down (finally) came around....my arms were jello....

I particularly like this one thing he calls "7s". For your triceps, you hinge at the hip and do a basic kickback [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeiqKL0jS4"]How to Do a Triceps Kickback For Dummies - YouTube[/nomedia] but the twist is you change your hand position from parallel to your body to perpendicular forward and perpendicular facing back. AMAZING....3 rounds of 21 reps....I feel like I can rip phone books....

Then a similar thing with biceps. Instead of doing full range of motion tricep curl....from the bottom do a half curl 7x..then from the top to half way down 7x then full curls 7x... 3 rounds of that...holy burn....

Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #969
freckledassal

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

freckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputation
Default Everything New

A new life and a new outlook, got me to the gym today. It felt fantastic!
freckledassal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freckledassal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #970
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sunday, October 13th

When I rose earlier to greet the day, it was cloudy, quite chilly and it looked as though we had intermittent sprinkles of rain (last night). But the pearly gray skyscape has vanished and now we have blue skies (for miles and miles).

I think what I will do this afternoon, is make a light lunch and take a couple of bottles of water with me and go for a long afternoon walk (maybe down to the river or to a nature reserve, nearby).

Something I want to work on during the week: I want to find time each day to get on the small indoor trampoline I have and dance for about an hour or so, each morning (after I get my morning stretches in). I hope this somehow offsets and mitigates some of the lethargy I experience lately, when I rise to greet the day.

Wishing everyone a week of wellness and joy,
*Cheers!*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #971
freckledassal

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

freckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputationfreckledassal Has the BEST Reputation
Default Despite my knees...

....enduring strain and pain due to climbing a MILLION stairs each day, I made it back to the gym today, focusing on the upper body. WOWZERS...I am sore!!!!!!!!
freckledassal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freckledassal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #972
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my. With fall fully engaged and winter peeking around the corner, it is so hard to get out of bed in the morning.

I've still been eating well for the most part and have had some intentional movement and am in a very nice holding pattern with my weight. It feels good. I'm going to kick it up a notch this coming week but, for the most part, I met my goal and it's a comfortable place for my body so I'm going to let it be for now.

Happy exercising, all!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #973
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm making Sauerkraut this morning and that is a good arm workout! Rest of the body will get attention later today with dog walking and time on the rowing machine.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #974
Daktari

Not much dedicated exercise, as usual, but plenty of moving around fettling bikes and getting to/fro places. Ride a bike for transport and Exercise becomes a thing of the past.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #975
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, did the Fluidity Bar workout, was stiffening up within minutes of finishing. So popped some ibuprofen before bed. Can still walk this morning!

Let's me know how much strength I'm lacking since I started having problems.

Got a way to go before I'll be satisfied with my fitness level.

But I did it!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #976
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Here is a question for everybody!

What kind of music to you listen to, if you do,
when you're working out?

For me, it is different for cardio and lifting.

For cardio, I listen to Pandora. "A Medley of Irish Fiddle Tunes"
Really keeps me going!
For weight training it's Rock. A Jersey Shore station that is
also on the web Rat Radio!
This really keeps me in the mental zone!

Funny how different they are...!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #977
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

For cardio, I need fast beats that I use to pace myself. Rihanna, Pitbull and Krewella are examples of artists that I've listened to during workouts.

I don't wear my MP3 player when doing weight training as the cord can become tangled in some of the equipment, so I listen to whatever the gym has on at that moment.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #978
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Since R went into the hospital all my routines have been erased. Slowly I'm building them back up though. For one thing, I put a yoga mat in front of the TV and do stretches, free weights and yoga while I watch reruns of Modern Family, or my cable series (currently, Homeland, Eastbound and Down and Masters of Sex).

I don't know how much exercise this really is, but my muscles burn, my heart rate goes up, and the stretching is a great stress reliever. I recommend this approach for anyone who prefers to stay inside for a period of time.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #979
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Music...

Electronic the entire time...the faster the better, esp during cardio. Once I'm plugged in, there's no one else who matters but me. Needless to say, I don't think I make a good workout partner.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #980
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I have worked myself up to swimming 1 mile 4-5 times a week. Never did something so consistently. I have never felt so calm and relaxed. When swimming I feel the world go away.
Only thing is my skin is not taking all the chemicals in the pool that well. Just went on amazon to order lotion that swimmers use. Not Diana Nyad but she is my inspiration.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights