Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #21
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanks to All

Wow! What a great lot of art lovers you are! I have enjoyed the posts and the wide variety of art represented.
Several years ago I went to a traveling MOMA exhibit that came to Houston. There were many famous paintings including Starry Night by Van Gogh. I had seen the painting many times in books and frankly wasn't a huge Van Gogh fan. But as I stood in front if it, you could see every single brush stroke and suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion. It was like I was standing there watching him paint it and you could feel the raw power, love, pain and desire for perfection all in one moment. I actually started to tear up right there in the museum. I have never felt that way about a piece of art before or since, and feel it was one of those rare moments in life when your soul is truly touched by something.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #22
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Texas View Post
Wow! What a great lot of art lovers you are! I have enjoyed the posts and the wide variety of art represented.
Several years ago I went to a traveling MOMA exhibit that came to Houston. There were many famous paintings including Starry Night by Van Gogh. I had seen the painting many times in books and frankly wasn't a huge Van Gogh fan. But as I stood in front if it, you could see every single brush stroke and suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion. It was like I was standing there watching him paint it and you could feel the raw power, love, pain and desire for perfection all in one moment. I actually started to tear up right there in the museum. I have never felt that way about a piece of art before or since, and feel it was one of those rare moments in life when your soul is truly touched by something.

Yes!!!!

I had the same reaction to Renoir's Water Lilies Series....the museum had benches down the middle of the room so You could take it all in (they're huge....maybe 8' high X 25' long!! ). I remember having to sit down and just weep.

I wasn't alone.

Art is powerful.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #23
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

For me it's always been Tom Thompson and the Group of Seven. They were a group of artists from the 1920s in Ontario, Canada. My favourite remains Lawren Harris. His stark paintings always make me think of home and the beauty of Canada.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

{ Salvador Dali }

{ Matisse }

{ P. Cezanne }

{ henry Sugimoto }

{ Frida Kahlo }
*Of all her paintings, this one kept me thinking of my own Mortality...*

* First time I saw this, I stowed away from my Theatre troupe, when Im bored I quickly find entertainment, I was 20, I stood there mesmerized in the Gallery, I can recall even thinking "That's the perfect femme" {hey, I was 20 *shrug*}*
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

Lord Leighton's "Flaming June" is hanging over my sofa ~ 4'x4'.....she's amazing. I have had her about 10 years now and every time I study her, I find something new....ohhhhhhhh......to see the original would bring me to tears, I believe!

I love this work in your parlor. And yes, from the first time I said it to the end of time, that room will be a parlor to me. It has bookcases, a piano and art. It's a parlor!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #26
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

The name I couldn't think of last night was Richard Avedon. I saw an amazing exhibit of work he shot throughout the West. No one famous in an of them. The collection was called The American West. Full of stuff like this:

He's famous for stuff like this:

But he's so much more.

I'm also a big fan of Mapplethorpe, Annie Liebowitz and really, who doesn't love Wegman's silliness?
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #27
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Maxfield Parrish, early 20th century American artist....this is entitled "Ecstasy".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #28
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I enjoy:
Diane Romanello as a painter
Paul Rhymer as a sculpturer
The Ward Brothers as decoy carvers (L.T. Ward, Jr. & Stephen Ward)
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #29
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Maxfield Parrish, early 20th century American artist....this is entitled "Ecstasy".

I hate when that happens! Once more....with feeling!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #30
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default My love for ballet and Degas' use of chiaroscuro makes him my favorite painter. My fav painting is Ballet Class, #7 in the video.

Degas is best known as an Impressionist and was a prominent member, if not the strongest promoter, of the group. He was outspoken about the need for artists to join together and establish a place for themselves as proponents of a new, contemporary artistic sensibility. Degas organized what is now known as the first Impressionist exhibition and planned many of the subsequent shows. He initially called himself and his compatriots "realists," which pointed to their interest in drawing inspiration from their own environments and experiences. The term "impressionist" was adopted later, at the time of the third Impressionist exhibition, despite Degas’s objections to the name. Degas allied himself with other Impressionists, such as Pissarro, met with them at the famous Café Guerbois, and participated in all but one of the eight Impressionist exhibitions.

~www.metmuseum.org

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhAdJdHkiZw"]YouTube- Edgar Degas[/ame]
Old 01-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Your lines are more defined but your colors match his exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Can you imagine how his work would have matured??? Amazing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #32
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Can you imagine how his work would have matured??? Amazing.

have you seen his little yellow horses?

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #33
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default frederick leighton

one of my favorites...for the colors, the drapery work and the pose

Flaming June - 1895
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #34
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I was wondering if anyone has herd of these artist..Clair Pennington and someone named Berry or Gerry as best as I can make out on the pic wich is of flowers in a vase,not my style but nice anyway.
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #35
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rubin Gogan Pink Dawn

g

Thanks Jack!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #36
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
g

Thanks Jack!
That IS stunning! Lovely!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation
Default From Ansel Adams moonrise over Hernandez

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #38
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Edward Hopper's painting Gas.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

Quote:
Yes!!!!

I had the same reaction to Renoir's Water Lilies Series....the museum had benches down the middle of the room so You could take it all in (they're huge....maybe 8' high X 25' long!! ). I remember having to sit down and just weep.

I wasn't alone.

Art is powerful.

Art is very powerful indeed. I also saw Water Lillies at that same exhibit and was really blown away by the size too.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #40
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Default The incomparable Georgia O'Keefe

This is one of my favorites of hers.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: