Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
When sports commentators analyze a play to death!

Even once it's been challenged and decided they STILL feel the need to go on and on!

Who would know better, some sports commentators sitting far away up in a press booth OR officials down on the field & those studying a play by play on the most modern technology available in this day and age....

Of all those damn buttons on my remote....MUTE is my fav.......

my pet peeve is now that there is information infinity out there, they statistic every play to death
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #782
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Passive aggressive b.s.

People who spread rumors about people and things they have no first hand knowledge of.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #783
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Sty, style: dirty houses, period.

I don't mind a little clutter. A little.

I can't help it, I always look at my own houses, now apartment, through my mother's eyes.

That woman could spot a speck of dirt at 40 feet away. She would always be compelled to point it out.

My heart would always sink.

I never comment on someone else's dirty house. To me, that is rude and being a bad guest.

However, I am totally freaked out to eat their food and I see every speck of dirt on their glasses and silverware.

When I have company coming, you can only imagine the pre-cleaning that goes on.

My mother.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Adding Cat or Dog hair flying around to the mess & that makes it even worse!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #784
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
my pet peeve is now that there is information infinity out there, they statistic every play to death
YES and this one guy Mark DeRosa he even demonstrates how a play or player should be doing things!

Nine times out of 10 the guy has either a baseball, baseball bat, or some kind of mitt! Yesterday he was intent on showing how Oakland A's Khris Davis has achieved such high stats by his "stepping into the bucket" stance at home-plate!

Oh and to add insult to injury, he's forever stating how the Oakland A's are in pendant race..WELL of course they are you nit wit aren't they all, well OK maybe not the NY Mets, but that's a whole other kettle of fish for another time!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 12:33 AM   #785
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

My philosophy is if I have to ask how much something cost I probably can't afford so.. I go big or stay home however I'm not opposed to saving a buck or two so... on the rare times I cut out a particular coupon and lug it to the store why is it that there is always some "catch" to it???

Today's experience was that the coupon said "on selected varieties" in print so small you almost would of had to have a magnifying glass to read it!
Old 08-15-2018, 01:31 AM   #786
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
My philosophy is if I have to ask how much something cost I probably can't afford so.. I go big or stay home however I'm not opposed to saving a buck or two so... on the rare times I cut out a particular coupon and lug it to the store why is it that there is always some "catch" to it???

Today's experience was that the coupon said "on selected varieties" in print so small you almost would of had to have a magnifying glass to read it!
Oh and OF COURSE I was not purchasing one of the "selected varieties"
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #787
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

rant:

I know we have covered this before, but each day it just baffles me.

I am at my job a month now. I work with some very intelligent and kind people. They are so helpful... seriously they are a real good team to be a part of.

Our office is a very nice well kept building. We have nice windows and plants and other aesthetically pleasing things to make a nice space. The owners seem to care about that.

Then there's the kitchen. You open the fridge. What you see grosses you out. I had to wipe down a shelf before i put my lunch bag in it. I watch people come and go and use this fridge. I don’t get how they can stand it.
I threw out some jam that has been fermenting for about 4 years.

I brought cleaning stuff and cleaned it the first week i was there as best I could. . It was pretty gross as it had to be emptied and hosed out i believe, the freezer is insane and since I get ice from it, i prefer it to be less repulsive. I cleaned it best i could as it is full of food and I am sure years beyond their time.

Someone saw me cleaning it and I guess told the owner. I am sure they have no idea. Last Friday two people emptied it and steam cleaned the fridge part. A memo went out with the usual *your mother doesn’t work here, clean up after yourself*

I went in it today to get ice, and the freezer wasn’t touched.

Pet Peeve... why do it half way??? How could you not clean the freezer?

And i cannot even tell you about the toaster oven or microwaves!

I am just amazed at this..

/rant
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #788
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

1) Being at a store at prime rush hour and there are two registers open.

2) Self check out- I feel a discount should be applied!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 12:09 AM   #789
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

It drives me nuts, actually pisses me off when in line at a store, and the person is on the phone ignoring the service person/cashier who is ringing them through. Put the damn phone down and pay the person some attention!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #790
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
It drives me nuts, actually pisses me off when in line at a store, and the person is on the phone ignoring the service person/cashier who is ringing them through. Put the damn phone down and pay the person some attention!
As a store owner this is one of our pet peeves also. We may or may not stop the transaction at our registers when a customer, especially when it is a profanity laced conversation. Just our way of teaching some basic etiquette to those self important customers who stop in. We only have to do it once or twice before customers learn to make their purchases phone less.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #791
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My pet peeve is the opposite...I cannot tell you the number of times I have gone through the checkout, and the only thing said to me by the cashier is the total price of my order!

I always say hello, but they stare off into space while they robotically scan my food/items, or talk to the bagger about their plans for the weekend, or..... if it was not for your customers, you would have no reason to be at the registers, and if it was not for your customers you would not have a business.

So, if the person PAYING your salary needs to use their phone.....
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #792
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I see your point. And agree. Unless it’s important. There are calls I will not ignore or stop because I’m at the register. Hell lately I have found myself walking out of work to take doctors calls not even caring because of the importance. Thankfully they understand. But yes general calls can wait.

I also agree with mstinkerbelly.......
Lol I have experienced that as well. It’s fine with me though as I’m not much for “small talk” however a little common courtesy wouldn’t kill them.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #793
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I feel that it's rude to not acknowledge that there's a human being in front of you. That applies to both sides of the argument. I can't stand people who don't talk to you when you are in their line and I can't stand when customers bare their giant egos and think everyone in the world wants to hear what they have to say. Trust me; we don't.

Same thing for people who drive around with their radios booming or their phones running through the car loud enough for bystanders to hear every word. I don't care that much about your life. Sad for you, but true.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #794
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I feel that it's rude to not acknowledge that there's a human being in front of you. That applies to both sides of the argument. I can't stand people who don't talk to you when you are in their line and I can't stand when customers bare their giant egos and think everyone in the world wants to hear what they have to say. Trust me; we don't.

Same thing for people who drive around with their radios booming or their phones running through the car loud enough for bystanders to hear every word. I don't care that much about your life. Sad for you, but true.
I agree with you about the loudness of people who assume others want to hear them. They might be very lonely or just so ill mannered they don't know how crude they sound.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:02 AM   #795
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

I went to the nail salon yesterday and thought of this whole thing about not acknowledging people. In this case not only ignoring but adding plain rudeness on top of it.

I went to 3 places until I found one who could take me immediately and I walked in all cheerful and asked about a quick manicure.

A lady said she could take me. She said *Gel?* i said *no, just file and polish*

She sits me down and proceeds to get the gel nails set up for me. I said *no, file and polish* She said *why don’t you want gel?* i said *because I don’t like gel, can you please just file and polish*

Boy did that set her off! She then gets pissy, and starts speaking loudly in vietnamese to her coworkers. I should have walked out but I really wanted my nails done (Daddi comes home today!)

She pissed me off but i was determined to turn this around, so I complimented her up and down while she did my nails. *Oh i like that shirt* *oh you are good at this* She was not having it. It was like I wasn’t even there. She was that pissed over gel nails. Her hand massage was kinda funny.. she was so irritated ! I said *not necessary*.. she replied with *go wash hands*....

So she did finish up and while waiting for my nails to dry she sat with her arms folded. Well I made sure the *drying *part took a LONG time and finally she says *You pay now*. I said sure.. and gave her my debit card.

She said *No cash?* ... I said no cash. That irritated her!

She goes to the register and yells across the salon *You want to tip?* .... I said *yes of course!* ..I gave her a nice tip. THAT put a smile on her face when she handed me back my card.

On the way out I thanked her and told her in front of everyone that I am sorry she is having a bad day, and hope it gets better.

I don’t even think she thanked me.

She didn’t ruin my day, my nails look great and hopefully she did have a better disposition for her other clients.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #796
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Gemme,

I am guilty of sharing my music. I was thinking of you the other day when I was driving. Can't You See by The Marshall Tucker Band came on and I turned it up. There are just some songs that beg to be played loudly when driving Jessie (my Jeep) topless. Plus, when it's loud people can't hear me singing.

~W
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #797
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Perhaps we were separated at birth?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #798
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
Gemme,

I am guilty of sharing my music. I was thinking of you the other day when I was driving. Can't You See by The Marshall Tucker Band came on and I turned it up. There are just some songs that beg to be played loudly when driving Jessie (my Jeep) topless. Plus, when it's loud people can't hear me singing.

~W
Soooo, here's the test. When you turn the radio up, are you alone on a long and winding country road or are you forcing your music on the nonconsensual ears of others? Not that nature isn't full of nonconsensual ears but they won't complain about it or whine about it to other nature creatures or Instagram it like humans do.

Another way to look at it is if someone were next to you and blasting a genre of music that you don't care for, be it opera or death metal or elevator music or whatever, how would that make you feel? Or are you one of those people that would have music wars at a stop light? One goes higher, then the other and so on and so forth.

I have songs like that too but I turn it down at stop signs and lights, if someone else is near me with their windows down, etc. Maybe I'm too nice. *shrug* I do try to be considerate unless I'm out of my mind angry and then screw everyone with a pineapple. Twice.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #799
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Soooo, here's the test. When you turn the radio up, are you alone on a long and winding country road or are you forcing your music on the nonconsensual ears of others? Not that nature isn't full of nonconsensual ears but they won't complain about it or whine about it to other nature creatures or Instagram it like humans do.

Another way to look at it is if someone were next to you and blasting a genre of music that you don't care for, be it opera or death metal or elevator music or whatever, how would that make you feel? Or are you one of those people that would have music wars at a stop light? One goes higher, then the other and so on and so forth.

I have songs like that too but I turn it down at stop signs and lights, if someone else is near me with their windows down, etc. Maybe I'm too nice. *shrug* I do try to be considerate unless I'm out of my mind angry and then screw everyone with a pineapple. Twice.

I am definitely a country back road type butch. I live in a small town so traffic isn't really an issue. We have 4 traffic lights and 1 could really be a stop sign.

Of course, I try to be courtesy for the most part but I can't say I have never offended someone with my loud music of choice.

As far as other people's music, regardless of the type, I am not usually offended. Red lights don't last forever.

Put me on a back road and give me a good song and all bets are off.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #800
LOQUI

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Non Binary, Trans, Always Me. :)

Thanked 2,486 Times in 848 Posts
LOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST Reputation

...lack of discretion

...lack of courtesy
LOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LOQUI For This Useful Post:

Tags
pet peeve