Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #2541
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SweetCheeks~ View Post
Went on a walk this morning, cleaned house and ran errands. Learning just how much I can handle and trying to find things I can do low impact. I am just getting back on the wagon after a month hiatus. Tho I have only been really exercising This year. I have a long journey ahead. Looking forward to a healthy me!
Welcome Sweet Cheeks

This is a great forum for exercisers! I learn stuff all the time.

I can tell you there are tons of free beginner exercise videos on youtube. I get DVDs at Walmart or thrift stores. I like to keep it fresh. And even if I can't do the ENTIRE video...5 minutes of exercise is better than none...10 minutes is better than 5 and etc...

I'm personally loving yoga and how it's made my joints feel better. When I first started, I couldn't even hold a plank...at all...now I do ok

I know I am looking forward to your progress!
Old 06-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #2542
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good hard workout this morning, exercisers.

I hit the elliptical first.
Stats: 277 cal, 2.66 mi, 30:00 min, random program, level 4

Then I jumped into upper body training. I started in the circuit training room and did 2 sets of 12 reps at maximum or nearly maximum weight for each machine. I moved on to the machines out in the main area and started on them. Most of them mimic the machines in the circuit training and are only slightly different....maybe giving a wider range of motion or changing the body's resting angle, for example. I used each one that was even the slightest bit different than the circuit training room machines.

It was tough. My muscles were already tired when I got to them so all I could push out was a set of 12 and a set of 10. For almost all the machines, that took me to muscle failure. My form was suffering so I didn't push it past that. Better safe than sorry!

I also spent more time on my abs today. I hit up 2 ab machines and then before I stretched, I hit the mat and did V sit ups with a 10 lb round weight. I worked my obliques that way too. I stretched longer than usual too. I really wanted to smooth out my knotted arm and shoulder muscles. All in all, it was about a hour and 30 minutes I think. Hard to know for sure. That damn clock.....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #2543
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I went golfing this morning. And am planning to spend the afternoon in the pool.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #2544
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Picking up one of these tomorrow for the river trails.

I've been out walking the trails for 2 hours each morning (including today) and I'd like to venture further.

Of course I gotta wait until a heat wave...

I've started getting up at 5 anyway to beat the heat.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #2545
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I've been off track for a looonnnggg time. Here's hoping summer helps. it usually does!

Today 90 minutes walking in the park (to plus from the St Clair Stairs), then 10 sets of up/down on the St Clair stairs (176 stair steps per set), totaling 1760 stair steps.

Tomorrow I have a walk scheduled with a friend.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #2546
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I've been off track for a looonnnggg time. Here's hoping summer helps. it usually does!

Today 90 minutes walking in the park (to plus from the St Clair Stairs), then 10 sets of up/down on the St Clair stairs (176 stair steps per set), totaling 1760 stair steps.

Tomorrow I have a walk scheduled with a friend.
Dang!

She's back.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2015, 06:51 PM   #2547
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went on an hour and a half walk with a friend. Exercise and much merriment. Fun!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #2548
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I rode around for an hour and a half this morning before it got too hot. I'm going to have to look at the mile markers to see how far I go. I was having too much fun to pay attention. I had a weird sea-legs thing when I got off, the ground was moving too slow and I kept tripping trying to walk.

I suspect tomorrow will be a bit shorter.... The saddle sore part is already creeping in.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #2549
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Kelt, your new bike makes me want to break mine out. Might fix it up Thursday for the weekend. I need new tires.

Today was a light upper body workout. Didn't have a lot of time after work because I went to a basketball game. But I knew I could use the stress relief.

I'm thinking about investing in a punching bag, or going on occasion to a local boxing gym, for stress relief. I need it with the BS at work.

I also need to setup my new basketball net. Getting the driveway redone next week, with a pad on the side of the house to use as a court.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:50 AM   #2550
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Party at randrum's house in two weeks.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #2551
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday I did this again, being the creature of habit that I am:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I counted my sets by leaving a penny at the bottom of the stairs each set. When I came down and was about to leave my penny for my last set, I saw that some extra pennies had been added (neatly) by an unseen stranger. That was pretty cool!

How do I... ?
Old 07-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #2552
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Yeah for outdoor exercise!

I seem to doing 'ride til it's 90*', which gave me an extra hour this morning.

Still no idea how far, not much, more wandering.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #2553
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday: 2 hour walk by the river at sunset, fantastic

How do I... ?
Old 07-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #2554
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Great ride along the river 'greenbelt' paths today. Something I'm noticing about biking vs. walking is less notice. I come up an things quicker and around here that means surprising animals. Ever heard of flushing out quail? Yeah, scares the heck outta all concerned let me tell you.

The other "Yimminy Christmas!" moment was when I was on the path with golf course on one side (fenced off) and river on the other. Riding along and a deer decides to do one of those really cool graceful leaps over the fence from the golf course side to get to the river side. Unfortunately it landed what seemed like about 8 inches in front of me (probably more like 3 feet) on the trail and stopped to look at the oncoming bike (me). Near tragedy averted for both of us but it was close enough that I'm helmet shopping right now.

This works a lot better for me than a gym indoors although I'll be having to do both for a while to pay for the sins of a stressful several months and the extra pounds put on for it.

All in all, everything is good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #2555
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i am going to try her 30 days of yoga...go me!

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 06:56 PM   #2556
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Great ride along the river 'greenbelt' paths today. Something I'm noticing about biking vs. walking is less notice. I come up an things quicker and around here that means surprising animals. Ever heard of flushing out quail? Yeah, scares the heck outta all concerned let me tell you.

The other "Yimminy Christmas!" moment was when I was on the path with golf course on one side (fenced off) and river on the other. Riding along and a deer decides to do one of those really cool graceful leaps over the fence from the golf course side to get to the river side. Unfortunately it landed what seemed like about 8 inches in front of me (probably more like 3 feet) on the trail and stopped to look at the oncoming bike (me). Near tragedy averted for both of us but it was close enough that I'm helmet shopping right now.

This works a lot better for me than a gym indoors although I'll be having to do both for a while to pay for the sins of a stressful several months and the extra pounds put on for it.

All in all, everything is good.
My exercise today consisted of cleaning metal boxes and chasing a chipmunk around my property.

Fast little dude.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #2557
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The saddle sore part is already creeping in.
You'll be alright. You will build up scar tissue soon.

Quote:
Unfortunately it landed what seemed like about 8 inches in front of me (probably more like 3 feet) on the trail and stopped to look at the oncoming bike (me). Near tragedy averted for both of us but it was close enough that I'm helmet shopping right now.
And THIS is when Mr. Dapper stopped riding his mountain bike. When Mr. Potato was a baby, he didn't realize he was supposed to be behind Mr. Dapper on the trails or next to Mr. Dapper. Instead he would run around in front. And pretty much stand there.

Thus the relatively new $3,000 bicycle was put away and Mr. Dapper bought some hiking shoes.

<----thinking about how Mr. Potato is 10 years old now, and getting slower...hmmmm

Speaking of cycling...

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #2558
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I finely got my new recumbent bike sorta broke in so it pedals easyer, it sure is easyer than the old regular exercise bike better on the back too. Then I got a rower, not to fancy but after some making some ajustiments it's doing pretty well, having short legs isn't a plus for riding one of these things but is do able. My legs are sore after a 3 mile ride at 9.9mph at the 3rd setting. Not to shabby to start with. The rower, I don't feel a thing yet cause the book said not to row more than 10 to 15 minits at the time...Oh well its a start with new stuff, at the moment the bugs are so bad outside using anything is a war with them or the heat will suck the air right out of me with the humidity as bad as it is with more rain coming for the next few days, to bad some how we could haul all the rain to the states that need it, we can put men in space but can't get water to the places that need it....something is wrong about that.
Yes, I am rambling but sometimes it's a good thing to do. You all have a safe and fun 4th of July.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #2559
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
And THIS is when Mr. Dapper stopped riding his mountain bike. When Mr. Potato was a baby, he didn't realize he was supposed to be behind Mr. Dapper on the trails or next to Mr. Dapper. Instead he would run around in front. And pretty much stand there.

Thus the relatively new $3,000 bicycle was put away and Mr. Dapper bought some hiking shoes.

<----thinking about how Mr. Potato is 10 years old now, and getting slower...hmmmm

Speaking of cycling...
Thinking maybe Mr Potato could be Mr Couch Potato for a few hours while Daddy Dapper gets his butt back in a saddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
You'll be alright. You will build up scar tissue soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #2560
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Loving all the bike "talk"
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights