Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #3401
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I did my usual elliptical half hour. Level 3, random program. I hopped on right before Columbiana came on and I watched the first 20 something minutes of it so my time on the machine went by pretty quickly after that.

Stats: 286 cal, 2.49 mi, 30:00 min

I did a quick 2-3 minutes of ab work and then about 15 minutes of stretching.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #3402
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Three mile run on my treadmill with a fifteen minute walk.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #3403
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I moved four full very packed apartments in the last week and a half for work. No, I am not a moving company but... falls on to me to do (with help from my maintenance team) One was moving into a third floor apartment (no elevator) and another to a second floor (no elevator) one blessed first floor and one basement. I really should have buns of steel right now.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #3404
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I've been sick for 2.5 weeks and finally I am better! Oh my goodness, I am so happy about that! I get long bronchitis-asthma-sinus infection type illnesses, and they are the worst. And I really miss my exercise during them. Now that I am better, I was finally able to return to the gym! I did 1 hour on the stair master, while finishing a great netflix doc called "Oklahoma City" about Timothy McVeigh. I'm so happy to be feeling myself!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 04:35 AM   #3405
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm glad you're feeling better, J! I saw that you were quiet but I thought you were just busy. Sorry you felt poorly!

I only have a couple of workouts to do catch up on.

6/1
The usual. Really need to shake things up.
Stats: 283 cal, 2.35 mi, 30:00 min
stretch and go

6/4
Same difference
Stats: 277 cal, 2.28 mi, 30:00 min
minimal stretching

I have had some issues with muscles knotting, tightening and locking so I'm going to up my intake of potassium and try to hydrate better. I have a very low thirst drive so that's going to be hard, but I think the two combined will help my muscle issue if not eliminate it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #3406
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

6/7
Not exactly the usual----warm up
Stats: 140 cal, 1.08 mi, 15:00 min
25 minute lower body training and ab work
10 minutes of stretching

6/8
home workout of push ups and leg lifts

6/9
Escape program, 30-ish minutes, 8 stations
*bench hops
*stability ball
*rebounder
*rope pulls
*Bulgarian lunges, modified
*"The Sled"
*crab walk/plank
*fireman walking drills

I am soooo sore from work and today's workout in addition to yesterday's workout. Lots of arm stuff, so my shoulders are going to be crying tomorrow.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #3407
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Catch up!

6/11
I was still a teensy bit sore from the 9th so I opted to stay in my comfort zone.
Elliptical, random program, level 4
Stats: 283 cal, 2.28 mi, 30:00 min

Then I moved onto the ab machine and cranked out 100 crunches, varying the angle I crunched at into 4 groups. That was followed by stretching for about 10 minutes.

6/12
Out of my comfort zone!
My first ever yoga class. One hour.
My hammies are KILLING me and I picked the wrong mat to put under my mat so I was slipping and sliding all over the place to the point when she uttered downward dog, I wanted to shoot her.

Because there was a lot of that. DD was our main transition pose. Ugh. Next time will be better. I might even get a pair of yoga socks with the nubbies on the bottom because my feet sweated so bad in that class. Actually, I sweated so bad in that class. The air wasn't working right and the moves were killer because I didn't tell the teach that it was my first time. I watched those around me and winged it and apparently didn't do too bad because when I talked to her afterwards, she didn't know.

6/13
Escape again! New trainer. First half, hated him. He was NOT the right personality for me and the other woman who came thought so too. She'd already taken one of his classes and said she didn't like him then either. Second half, still didn't like him but he let up with the parts that aggravated me so badly in the beginning of the class and so all I really had to complain about for the second half was his nasty coffee breath. For those of you who drink coffee, please do not get in the face of someone who doesn't and breathe on them. No bueno.

More stations this time:
  • step up 1 1/4 pumps on the box
  • The Sled again....I don't mind this one
  • Versaclimber
  • squat jumps and backward jogging
  • giant tire hops/steps
  • weighted ball chest presses
  • Bosu ball planks (two of the effin fuckers!!!)
  • stability ball hip thrust/bridges
  • Bosu step Rebounder
  • hanging bicep
  • squatting hip flexor
  • standing chest press

We got through 2 sets. I like the woman but she's a bit bonkers. She's 55 and came from a Ninja Warrior wanna be class in another city so she kept complaining about the breaks. I need the breaks, woman! Can't you hear me wheezing over here? lol I do like her energy and spunk, though. We're taking the 6am class on Thursday too. I think the instructor likes me as he was trying to finagle his way into teaching it when I was leaving (they didn't have a teacher named yet). I honestly hope not. I can deal with him once a week but I may only get two times a week there so I NEED another instructor for the second class.

After I finished that this morning, I packed and moved furniture for close to two hours. I figured....I'm already hot and sweaty....why not? Right???

Tomorrow is my 'day off' so to speak. I have an eye exam and the optometrist is in the same plaza as this gym so I'm getting an orientation on their new machinery today so I'll be working the machines but not like a regular workout.

Thursday, if I feel up to it, will be Escape followed by yoga. Not sure if I can pull that off, or if I'd even want to, but it's feasible and it's my last weekday off this week (no early weekend classes for either) so it's my last chance to get them in.

How's your week shaping up?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #3408
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Once I start my new job I'm going to start taking yoga classes again. I signed up today!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #3409
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I went for an orientation on the new equipment today and the trainer (who is also the gym manager) noticed that my shoulders weren't aligned evenly, so I made an appointment with my chiro. I see her later today! The orientation went great and I did get some work in as she walked me through all of the new equipment, determined my settings and had me push out a set on each one.

I got GREAT news in that, due to me signing up with the initial rush of folks and being one of the first 24, I get UNLIMITED classes in the Escape program, so that's awesome. My only real hindrance is that some of them are scheduled at wonky hours and I can't attend. The schedule will change in July, though, when they get their feedback in. I anticipate more early morning classes at that time. I've put my feedback in, so I hope they are able to do that or at least let members in the pen on Sundays, when no one is training and the space is not used.

Tomorrow's going to be hard. I'm either going to do 2 back to back Escape classes or an Escape class followed by yoga.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:17 AM   #3410
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

OMG.

My face when it was all over. Actually, color it in beet red and then you have my face.

Oy.

I took the 6am Escape class with trainer A. He's intense but I talked with the gym manager yesterday and he seemed less so today. My class buddy doesn't like him at all. I tolerate him.

These were our stations:

*VersaClimber
*the Sled
*footwork with the ladder
*tire flips
*spider kicks
*chest press
*weighted backward lunges
*slam bags/Rebounder
*reclining pull up
*biceps
*triceps

I was talking with my class buddy and getting to know her better and I told her I was going to take the 7am class too and she was down with that so we did. This class was more strenuous because there were 45 second intervals of HIIT and then 30 seconds of rest/set up instead of 30/30 like the first class. I didn't know that. OMG.

7am class
*the Sled
*VersaClimber
*lifted weighted planks/lifted push ups with claps in between
*tire push/flips
*Bosu Burpees
*weighted step ups
*heavy bag/ball tossing crunches
*oblique Rebounder
*hanging push ups
*lower ab leg raises
*squat to bicep pull

After 2 rounds, trainer D (who I've trained with before and is sooo dynamic and encouraging) told us to choose 3 of today's options and do those for one more round each so I decided to murder my abs and went back and did another set of weighted lifted planks, heavy bag/ball tossing crunches and the lower ab leg raises. Between the 3 of them, I hit the high, low and mid abdomen so I should be pretty uncomfortable tomorrow.

In other news, I have a class buddy! I hope she sticks with it. I know she doesn't like the trainer at all and she love, love, loved D today so we'll see. I'll keep her as long as she wants to stay with those 6am classes. Who knows? Maybe someone else will pitch in with additional early morning classes in the week in July.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #3411
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Go Gemme! That sounds thrilling and exhausting and good painful. Yay!

We have been in an intense heat wave here so I've been getting up early and rowing before it gets warm and then going to work early when it's a little cooler in the building. I think that will be my routine for a while other than days I also bike to/from work It has even been too hot in the building for me to race the elevator
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #3412
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

You all are really inspiring me to work out!!!!!
Old 06-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #3413
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

@Gemme;

Good-Niight Nuurse!! lol

Well, my not to severe paunch I put on over the winter is going back down once again. Warmer weather, minimalist diet of fruits, veggies, and nuts is key. I rode my bike along the beach this morning, did some house/yard work, threw some hoops in the drive-way, then let off some steam for about fifteen minutes punching and kicking at the "trump-face " heavy wind-bag.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #3414
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster while watching the Netflix doc "Newtown" about the CT school shooting. I give it a thumbs down. I have little else to say other than I am glad to finally have something to post on the exercise thread

How do I... ?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #3415
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I haven't been back to the gym, though I have been very active. I've just been doing extra housework and a LOT of packing and dragging heavy boxes around. Not related to the heavy boxes thing, I wrenched my back on Sunday and really couldn't do much after work that day. Yesterday felt better after I spent a lot of time with some Icy Hot and did a lot of stretching the night before, so I was able to do some more packing. The lifting was minimal, however. I got plenty of manual labor in at work, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 06:35 AM   #3416
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I really need to cut grass but I'm just gonna give my leg another day of rest and pay the stepgrandson to do it. He's 16 and saving up for his first car. I am going to do some restorative yoga stretches, though.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #3417
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

More manual labor today!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #3418
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stairmaster. Watched Natascha (insert last name I forget): The Whole Story. It was a very well done short doc about a girl kidnapped and missing for 8 years. Quite interesting and moving.

How do I... ?
Old 06-21-2017, 08:23 PM   #3419
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

1 hour on the stairmaster. Talked to a gym buddy named Taylor on stairmaster next to mine. High up conversating

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #3420
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

So. Peeved. Right. Now.

They dropped the majority of Escape classes and didn't bother to notify the customers. They will hear from me! Maybe not today, but soon.

I went to do the back to back classes and they were both cancelled and the only one scheduled for today is at 6pm with the guy I am not fond of.

I did speak with the 'watcher' at the front desk and he's bummed about it too so he let me play for a little bit on my own. I got about 15 minutes in but I still did stations. I'm sure my timing was off because I know I counted faster on the VersaClimber than I did when I did the stability ball hip thrusts, but at least it was something.

I'll get plenty of physical movement in today and some of it will be strength training stuff but I expected to get my ass kicked this morning and got nada.

Rude!

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
exercise, weights