Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #4261
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did 30 minutes on a stairmaster. Again I got the one stairmaster that is working! I did 2 sets of a pattern of levels 8 down to 1, with 2 minutes on each level. I was excited to do Level 8 and not have any problems, even though I know that on my favorite treadmill a Level 8 would be akin to a Level 7.

I saw the old Ricki Lake show producer -who I don't much care for- in the locker room. Her routine is 2 hours on the elliptical while reading. She goes at a reading pace, though we must say- two hours on the elliptical is still two hours on the elliptical. She has said in the past that she wishes she had more work available for her to take and less time to read on the elliptical.

I'm missing the heart rate monitor that is on the climbmill. Maybe I will dig up a heart monitor that I can wear for on the stairmaster.

Have a great week!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 01:01 AM   #4262
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
Saturday: 1030am Out to shovel (measured 8.25 inches on my deck)

FYI: 8.25 inches of snow has a weight of:

"More average snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more..." Let's figure this out... There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot of water - that's about 62.4 pounds."

No wonder I broke the shovel and my back likely will say the same Sunday morning....

Ks-
I suppose god for bid kids in this day and age are looking to make a few bucks by shoveling......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #4263
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
"SNOWBLOWER" helloooooooo lololol or electric shovel !!
Good ideas all around! However: I have stairs into my home and areas that have only shovel access

I even went out on Sunday to shovel out other areas I neglected on Saturday!
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 10:53 PM   #4264
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

My lucky streak with finding the one working stairmaster empty ended, so it was back to the climbmill for me. I did my usual 30 minute climbmill pattern of 5 minutes each at Levels 6 down to 1. I tried to keep my heart rate at around 155. It felt good. I am so proud to have acclimated to the climbmill. My horizons have been widened. As previously mentioned, even tiny changes in routine are tough for me to adjust to.

Today I saw the Perfect Daughter and we chatted in the locker room. She's getting her college degree in Psychology, the same undergraduate degree I have. I'm curious what direction she'll go in her life.

Today was super busy but all good:
work
work late
gym
make homemade soup
go to bed too late because there wasn't enough time in the day

I still struggle with going to bed on time. That's when my exercise stops during the week, when I'm not getting enough sleep, and the lack of sleep builds on itself. I haven't figured out how to handle it. The soup I made was amazing, and I made more to have during the week, so that's useful, but still- can't manage my time and go to bed on time. Sometimes there are aspects to the self that are difficult to solve. Maybe it's just not easy. I know some can function well on low sleep but I'm not one of them.

Hope everyone enjoys their exercise.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 01:08 AM   #4265
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Originally Posted by ksrainbow
Saturday: 1030am Out to shovel (measured 8.25 inches on my deck)

FYI: 8.25 inches of snow has a weight of:

"More average snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more..." Let's figure this out... There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot of water - that's about 62.4 pounds."

No wonder I broke the shovel and my back likely will say the same Sunday morning....

Ks-

Anyone that wants to give up the $300-$700 for a decent snow blower is certainly free to buy me one. I can't imagine ksrainbow would turn that down either. lol

I feel your pain, ks! My employer won't get me a snow blower and I manage a 2 acre property. Even with a snow plow vendor, that's still a ton of snow left over for me to deal with. My sympathies go out to you. Rest up, stretch often and apply heat to your back.
sings *** snow it won't belong before it's gonna snowwww *** I have a lot of shoveling (when I used to be responsiable to shovel ) one day I got out of work yrs ago and spent my whole pay check on a snow blower ~ and till this day it still works !! best investment if your a property owner
Old 01-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #4266
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stairmaster
Pattern: Level 7 down to 1, 2 minutes each level, with an extra Level 1 at the end.

My favorite stair master is back in commission! So exciting!

I ran into the anorexic woman who wears bracelets. She asked me to recommend a book. I asked what kind of books she likes and she said historical fiction. I said, sorry, I kind of read not much other than dysfunctional family memoirs.

I got caught in my lack-of-sleep pattern during the work week from Tuesday through Friday, sooo it was good to get back to the gym today.

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 08:35 PM   #4267
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

No snow to re-arrange this weekend! (my sincere aches for you all in the North East)

Numerous trips up and down and out-up and down and out via stairs from the laundry room to the clothes line out back-

I did not know that dusting/vacuuming was an approved exercise ( damn impressed )

For it being only one month into *winter*- I am so proud of us all

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #4268
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I moved boxes and painted a room. Also went for another walk in the woods.

I love to paint.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #4269
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Really early this morning, I prepared a very large stump for its second burning. Dug out all around the base, cleaned out all the ashes, wrapped it with a 20 inch high piece of aluminum flashing. Piled on a couple of bags of charcoal plus a few of some pine tree discs leftover from the last burn. These work great - burn a very long time.

After my fire was blazing, I covered it with a tin piece. It could still breathe but if it started raining, it would not go out.

Then I took my chainsaw apart, cleaned out the funk and loosened the chain.

Before giving it up for the day, tried three times to saw off more pine tree discs from a fallen tree but everytime I took my chainsaw there, it would start raining and I would have to quickly put it into the back seat of the truck.

I went out and checked the stump around 8:00 tonight and am pleased and proud to report it is still burning. When the tornado warning went off this afternoon, I was thinking about my stump while I was shoving the dogs into the master bedroom bathroom. That is our tornado safety place. I piled lots of comforters and pillows in there and then I went outside to listen and see. That is what I do, it calms me down. The tornado ravaged my small city some miles away but though I could faintly hear it, it spared us.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #4270
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent nearly an hour shoveling, pushing and scraping snow and slush this morning.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #4271
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stairmaster, same pattern (Level 7 down to 1, 2 min. each level, extra 1 for cool down).

I got my favorite stairmaster yet again. Life is good!

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #4272
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I was off due to MLK. I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the Climbmill because both stairmasters were in use, with no one appearing to be getting off of them anytime soon. I did a pattern of Level 7 down to 1, with 5 minutes for each level. This was the first time that I started as high as Level 7, and it kept my heart rate at about 160-165 (as opposed to when I start at Level 6, and my heart rate stays at 155). It's interesting how starting at a high level creates an increased heart rate for the whole rest of the time, even when at low levels.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #4273
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Speaking of heart rates while exercising:

"How to determine your target zone:

Use an online calculator to determine your desired target heart rate zone. Or, here's a simple way to do the math yourself. If you're aiming for a target heart rate in the vigorous range of 70 to 85 percent, you would calculate it like this:

Subtract your age from 220 to get your maximum heart rate.
Calculate your resting heart rate by counting your heart beats per minute when you are at rest, such as first thing in the morning. It's usually somewhere between 60 and 100 beats per minute for the average adult.
Calculate your heart rate reserve (HRR) by subtracting your resting heart rate from your maximum heart rate. Your HRR is your resting heart rate subtracted from your maximum heart rate.
Multiply your HRR by 0.7 (70 percent). Add your resting heart rate to this number.
Multiply your HRR by 0.85 (85 percent). Add your resting heart rate to this number.
These two numbers are your training zone heart rate for vigorous intensity exercise. Your heart rate during exercise should be between these two numbers.
For example, say your age is 45 and you want to figure out your target training heart rate zone for vigorous exercise. Subtract 45 from 220 to get 175 — this is your maximum heart rate. Next, calculate your HRR by subtracting your resting heart rate of 80 beats per minute from 175. Your HRR is 95. Multiply 95 by 0.7 to get 66.5, then add your resting heart rate of 80 to get 146.5. Now multiply 95 by 0.85 to get 80.75, then add your resting heart rate of 80 to get 160.75. So your target for your vigorous intensity training zone heart rate should be between 146.5 and 160.75 beats per minute."

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 05:31 AM   #4274
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Last night, I worked on the craft/crap room for a few hours which involved moving boxes and things from room to room and putting together two rolling carts.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 08:23 PM   #4275
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Both of the stairmasters were in use, so it was off to the climbmill, though my affection for the climbmill continues to positively evolve. I really like that it has the built in heart rate monitoring unlike the stair master. I did 35 minutes on the climb mill, Pattern: Levels 7 down to 1, 5 minutes each level.

In the locker room Miriam (elderly, plump, ornery, teaches theater to other elderly folks) and the old Ricki Lake show producer (who I don't especially care for) were chatting, and I asked them if they knew the extension to call the front desk. Miriam yelled out the answer, and then when I was getting ready to dial it, the old RL show producer scampered over and showed me that it was written on the phone. After I called the front desk and was back at my locker, Miriam approached me and criticized the old RL show producer for answering me after Miriam had answered. Miriam said something like, "Little Miss Perfect has to try and outdo me." It was funny, and I was just glad she wasn't upset with me at the moment.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #4276
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 7.5

Back online briefly...7.5mi this am...warmed up fast of course, but quite cold here about
27degrees...am on training plan a bit early but want to ensure my finish in Nov 2019...as
sure as I can make it...I have been thinking of the unpredictability of life lately...but I am
training much more this time.

Running on an outdoor track...flat/level surface and under that big sky I love...and when
it's frigid under 20degrees am running indoor track.

So, there's this thing these days called "Virtual Racing"...basically a company tracks you by
that gps thing and the data goes into a data bank with other "virtual" runners in the country
and/or the planet and you see how you've done for that race's distance...strange...but seems
to be popular.

Me? I'll stick to the live and in person races...love the people, the chaos, coffee, nerves...love
the excitement of it all. So, no virtual races for me.

Will it ever stop snowing? Not for a bit I'm sure, but yes, I enjoy shoveling for no more than
an hour...and running on fluffy snow...rambling now...

tomorrow 6mi.

keep on keeping' on my friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #4277
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today, Sunday, was 30 minutes on my favorite Stairmaster with 2 sets of Levels 7 down to 1 (2 minutes for each level), with an extra Level 1 x 2 minutes at the end.

I reached a tough point in the workout when my phone fell and I had to jump off and get it. Somehow the stress of it all increased my heart rate and when I went back on, I was on Level 7, so I was ready to die! Luckily I made it through, ending up with a red face after it all. I HATE to interrupt a pattern!

I ran into Taylor who I haven't seen in quite awhile. She is the one who only eats dinner. She told me it was her birthday, and that she was going to go to a movie alone and have a piece of cake as well. Very Taylor.

I also ran into Gail, the Ricki Lake producer, and she's growing on me a bit. I was lying on the locker room bench taking some selfies of my face after I worked out, and she came over and asked if I was sick. I feel like being fat and in my forties somehow equates to people checking in if I need assistance anytime I am not vertical. Certainly wasn't crazy about that, even though it was well-intentioned- and I was kind of a mess after that cell phone drop. She did 1 hour and 45 minutes on the elliptical while reading her book. She does it at the pace where one can read, definitely not the intensity level I like. She feels like she has to explain why she does it that long but she really doesn't with me. I am a fan of long work-outs, even though people sometimes make a big deal of it.

Do you like how you look after you work out? I kind of do, which is why - I guess- I was taking selfies.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 06:34 AM   #4278
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Sometimes, my skin glistens. Not sweaty sweat but a light sheen of moisture. I like that. Especially on my arms and shoulders. Not sure why, but I do. Most of the time, it's the way I feel that's most important. Once those endorphins kick in, I feel great and accomplished. The physical part usually looks a mess as I don't pussyfoot around in the gym.

No official workout yesterday but I meandered through the store, changing my scheduled pattern to avoid a most annoying customer of mine (success!!!), and then I put together two pieces of craft storage. One is quite big and the box was heavy so it's better than nothing.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #4279
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Recently, when we had a short stretch of good weather, I had this big idea to spring clean my apartment. I started at about 6:30 am. Not to far into my big idea, I began to have major anxiety attacks because I realized I was in over my head, when I realized I couldn't move certain large objects on my own. No one to call, no one available to come over and help, so after nine hours of sweating, anxiety attacks, and many brief WTF moments, as I plotted how to get it all done on my own, I finished with spring cleaning my apartment. I won't be doing this again, unless I have someone to help me because I just can't do what I used to be able to do, let alone all the other things my mind thinks I can do. LOL (or not).

I've always thought that when your cardio was held at a pace that causes your body to sweat, that you're supposed to extend, at the same pace, the type of exercise that brings you to a sweat. Not sure if that still holds true today, but for certain, if you're like me, be sure to hydrate while exercising and for sure, take it easy if you break out into a sweat.

Happy last Monday of January to all! Spring will be here soon and as some might have noticed, daylight is staying around longer now. I'm looking forward to spring and extended periods of daylight... beautiful sunrises and sunsets... and possibly going for a walk at a nearby favorite place in nature.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 PM   #4280
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I did a little bit more walking and carrying things up the stairs by myself than I usually do.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights