Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
It's ridiculous and scary how hard it is to get a bed in a hospital now. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents' difficulty, Kenna.

I heard a story on NPR about how one of the reasons beds don't turn over more often is because the nurses drag their feet on completing discharge papers. When they are understaffed and so many patients need them "right now", it's hard for them to find 45 minutes to do one patient's discharge papers. I have no idea how accurate this is - it sounds like blaming the nurses for the hospitals poor administration to me.
You are exactly "spot on".

Having two recent back to back experiences, I was told at 900am, okay, you can go home today. I know that it takes a bit for "paperwork", etc etc. BUT at 800pm, to be told, "oh, you aren't going til tomorrow". My wife now had an hour & a half drive in the DARK, alone. I was so pissed.

For what it is worth, I recently presented to an ER, in acute distress, sat in a very crowded waiting room for THREE hours, then in an ER room, another 5 hours BEFORE an MD saw me. Then another 4 hours to get a "diagnosis", and an "admission to wait on a room. I spent 13 hours BEFORE getting a room. NOT A THING WAS ONE OR ME.

MY particular nurse3 had a max of 5 patients each day, 3 of us went home on my discharge day, NONE before 230pm!!

I read where 1 out of every 4 admissions will have some type of error made in their care. THAT! IS! NOT! GOOD!

Someone somewhere certainly does drag their feet!
Old 01-14-2023, 01:29 AM   #7102
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

a little of this

to endure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2023, 09:56 PM   #7103
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,143 Times in 5,124 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling tired, achy and mostly happy. It was a long, struggle-filled trip to see my sister and mom and the rest of the family today. I got up at 6 a.m. and it took me 6-1/2 hours to get prepared and go 100 miles. So much time in the car led to the tiredness and achiness. But then things mostly went right, and it was good to see the fam. We shared a delicious meal, oohed and ahhed over the baby, and exchanged Christmas presents since I was too sick at Christmas to attend the festivities. My mom and I got some quality time to talk, although honestly I think I mostly bored her with stories of my dog. I texted my sister when I got home and asked her if she thought mom knew who I was. She said she thought that mom knew I "was a familiar person to her". She said mom "knows" her the same way most of the time. So that's bittersweet. I also had some good conversation with my sister today. The drive home only took an hour and a half, thankfully.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2023, 02:57 PM   #7104
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

sleepy ...
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2023, 01:07 PM   #7105
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Sleepy but good, and like I don't want to sleep any more today. I blew off a doctor's appointment this morning; the soonest I could reschedule was July, and I don't really care. I feel like I'm really glad I don't have to leave this house in the rain today.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:40 AM   #7106
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I'm feeling pretty good.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2023, 07:46 PM   #7107
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,772 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Disconnected.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 12:29 AM   #7108
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I'm feeling fine except for the very tip of my right index finger, which feels like it's burning. It's kind of weird - it might be nerve pain as a result of the chemo.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 02:03 AM   #7109
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,467 Times in 2,633 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default How am I feeling?

A little over three weeks and I think this flu has lost its battle.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:12 AM   #7110
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
I think three weeks is about par for the course for this strain of flu. That's what I've heard from almost everyone I know who's had it. I'm glad you're on schedule and are getting better.

I'm feeling very tired and kind of depressed. I need to have my car worked on before going on vacation next week, but I just can't make myself do it. It will delay our vacation if I don't do it today, but it's just not going to happen. I got up and took care of the dog this morning, but I just can't even make myself take a shower. Maybe later today.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2023, 10:29 PM   #7111
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,467 Times in 2,633 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default How are you feeling?

Georgia Ma'am ty so much for your kind words when you have and are going through so much yourself. I think you are a very brave woman to stand up and not give in one inch. You are a lesson to all of us with problems that facing things make the tolerable. ty again and do take care of you *S
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2023, 03:21 AM   #7112
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Georgia Ma'am ty so much for your kind words when you have and are going through so much yourself. I think you are a very brave woman to stand up and not give in one inch. You are a lesson to all of us with problems that facing things make the tolerable. ty again and do take care of you *S
Stone-Butch, you are so thoughtful. This put a great big smile on my face! It surprises and pleases me greatly to be thought of as brave. To paraphrase Melissa Etheridge, I think I might be "brave and crazy" (in a good way). Thank you. Please take care of yourself too.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2023, 09:47 PM   #7113
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,615 Times in 3,974 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Unraveling….

In 1973 when I was a teenager, I had two weeks worth of dreams about a death of a young person. So many details. Alarming ones. Very specific sexual ones. Then suddenly the dream stopped. And within a week, a body was found. So many things around that death were details from my dreams. Including the specific sexual torture. I even picked up on the killer. But they never found the killer!
Until now… 50 years later.
So many things about the killer were also in my dreams. I am re-experiencing the god awful feelings I had when I was having those dreams. Now that there is closure I hope this all ends…..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2023, 10:40 PM   #7114
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
Unraveling….

... Now that there is closure I hope this all ends…..
Soft*Silver, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. I've had a couple of premonitions, including that someone was going to die. After going through dealing with it, I realized there was nothing I could do, there was no reason for me to get this knowledge and there was no one who could benefit from it. It was just some glitch in the universe that I found out. I just had to let it go.

I hope you can let this go and find peace. Your situation includes awful details that mine didn't and I know our circumstances are not the same, but I sincerely hope this is not as vivid and immediate for you now as it was when you were a teenager. You have my best wishes, and if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.

- Prince
Old 01-25-2023, 09:19 PM   #7115
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Relaxed and happy. A brief vacation was a very good idea. It rained all day today, but we stayed inside with the fireplace going and were warm and cozy.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 06:15 PM   #7116
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,772 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I think three weeks is about par for the course for this strain of flu. That's what I've heard from almost everyone I know who's had it. I'm glad you're on schedule and are getting better.
Ditto. My bout with it lasted 3 weeks and that was at the beginning of it all in October. I'm glad you are feeling better.

I'm feeling disenchanted. With my job. With people. With life in general. There's a part of me that is an eternal optimist but that part gets smaller and smaller every year and more so lately than previously. I have some pretty big decisions to make this year and I can't see a good, healthy outcome for any of them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #7117
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Slightly guilty. I postponed/rescheduled all the doctors' appointments I had this week. It was just too many for one week. Also, I'm too tired to get dressed in nice clothes and fix my hair. Vacation was fun but it kind of wore me out. I've spent all day sleeping ever since we got back.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 07:39 PM   #7118
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

A little sad. I sent the two boys out to be boarded today. The first time in 10 years I have been horseless. I am happy with their new accomodations but wish they were closer than an 1.5 hour drive.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2023, 05:31 AM   #7119
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Feelling better. Woke up on Monday with a sore throat and it was downhill from there. Feel like I've been in a feverish haze for a couple days. Woke up this morning feeing much better.

Took a couple covid tests that gave me negative results—that's good. Guess is was a 24-48 hour flu.

And I lost 5 lbs. There is that.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2023, 07:53 PM   #7120
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Still tired but at least I didn't sleep all day. Currently taking a break from cleaning the kitchen. Three espressos following dinner helped. I don't expect any difficulty falling asleep tonight though.

- Prince