Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pics In Post

How do you post a picture in a post? I looked at the little postcard looking thingy but it says I have to give a url?? Inquiring minds and all that stuff
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,352 Times in 2,669 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

If there is an image you want to post, right click and select properties.

You will be able to highlight, copy and paste the URL.

You don't need the URL for the whole page, just where the image lives.

You might already know this, but

You can preview your post to make sure it looks like what you expected.

If you want to post one of your own images, like a photo,

Save your photo at photobucket, and 'share' it the same way.

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
If there is an image you want to post, right click and select properties.

You will be able to highlight, copy and paste the URL.

You don't need the URL for the whole page, just where the image lives.

You might already know this, but

You can preview your post to make sure it looks like what you expected.

If you want to post one of your own images, like a photo,

Save your photo at photobucket, and 'share' it the same way.

Thank you very much!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cuddlyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Finally!

It's only taken me most of the day but I now have photobucket with pics on there and everything! And I resized (eventually) so as not to scare anyone

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
sharonsuburbia

How Do You Identify?:
femme

sharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputation
Default pics

my pics kinda are gone -granted tehy were old - how do i update 0 sorry i am all thumbs in tech stuff
sharonsuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonsuburbia View Post
my pics kinda are gone -granted tehy were old - how do i update 0 sorry i am all thumbs in tech stuff
Do you mean the gallery? If so, then read this: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=5431

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation
Question Hoping someone can help

I have just switched from chrome to firefox and can no longer shortcut posting pictures by right clicking on the image and cut/pasting into my little mountain icon box. Does anyone know if there is a way to do it in firefox without using photobucket or something like? Not sure I even remember my photobucket password -_-

If you can help then please be advised, I require very simple instructions.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Red face Erm..... nevermind

After fiddling and poking things *forever* (ok not forever but a while!) I give one more thing a try and get it, right after I posted above.

Sorry folks.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

hiya genius tech types. i just got me hands on one o' them iPad2 thingys and in order to prove my general stoopidity i cant post youtube or pics in any of the forums which might be a relief to others but is pretty frustrating to me. anyone got a bigger clue than me? mucho thanksalot!
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
hiya genius tech types. i just got me hands on one o' them iPad2 thingys and in order to prove my general stoopidity i cant post youtube or pics in any of the forums which might be a relief to others but is pretty frustrating to me. anyone got a bigger clue than me? mucho thanksalot!

How are you attempting to post these? Are you missing icons?

Remember that there are limitations as far as what the iPads can use (e.g., no Flash, no java, etc.) and that may limit your experience here.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
How are you attempting to post these? Are you missing icons?

Remember that there are limitations as far as what the iPads can use (e.g., no Flash, no java, etc.) and that may limit your experience here.
whoa whoa there! stop with the fancy words now! i'm not flashing anyone and i've had coffee but i still cant post using the YouTube button and the IMG button the way i used to when i had my trusty old laptop. (i'm not missing any icons btw. i can see and click on them all.) that laptop mighta been held together with a rubber band and some gorilla glue but it didnt give me any guff when i pounded on the keys either! this iPadishness is so sensitive and pristine and perfect and shiny that i feel like i'm talking smut to a every time i use it! and mysterious! whew! i can barely get my mail.

so whatchersayin is that i was better off before my attempt to embrace the 21st century?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

REMINDER TO ALL PICTURE POSTERS:

When posting a picture in a Thread.. PREVIEW before POSTING IT...

If it is too large you can go back and change the size before posting it. There is NOTHING more annoying than a picture that takes up the entire screen and then some. Not to mention it's pisses the ADMINS right off.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
whoa whoa there! stop with the fancy words now! i'm not flashing anyone and i've had coffee but i still cant post using the YouTube button and the IMG button the way i used to when i had my trusty old laptop. (i'm not missing any icons btw. i can see and click on them all.) that laptop mighta been held together with a rubber band and some gorilla glue but it didnt give me any guff when i pounded on the keys either! this iPadishness is so sensitive and pristine and perfect and shiny that i feel like i'm talking smut to a every time i use it! and mysterious! whew! i can barely get my mail.

so whatchersayin is that i was better off before my attempt to embrace the 21st century?

The way to post pictures or youtube is the following:

1. Choose either the Post Reply button or Quote button.
2. Click into the post editing box
3. Then click on either the Youtube or Picture icons. This will be either the IMG or Youtube tags into the editing box
4. Between the tags (they look like this [IMG] and [\IMG] or [YOUTUBE] and [\YOUTUBE]) put either the image address or the youtube video identifier like you would have when it'd pop up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Quote:
The way to post pictures or youtube is the following:

1. Choose either the Post Reply button or Quote button.
2. Click into the post editing box
3. Then click on either the Youtube or Picture icons. This will be either the IMG or Youtube tags into the editing box
4. Between the tags (they look like this [IMG] and [\IMG] or [YOUTUBE] and [\YOUTUBE]) put either the image address or the youtube video identifier like you would have when it'd pop up.
thanks. that's what i did before i switched from PC to Apple. guess my ignorance about the incompatibility between Flash and iPad means no video posting for me. images though. dont really understand why they wont post just as before. must be the other thing? Java?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
REMINDER TO ALL PICTURE POSTERS:

When posting a picture in a Thread.. PREVIEW before POSTING IT...

If it is too large you can go back and change the size before posting it. There is NOTHING more annoying than a picture that takes up the entire screen and then some. Not to mention it's pisses the ADMINS right off.
Thanks for this reminder, Strappie!!!
When a post with a really BIG picture is "quoted", is there a way to "delete" said pic, so that every post, which sometimes, runs in to several, doesn't use that huge pic repeatedly? Thanks....
Old 09-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
thanks. that's what i did before i switched from PC to Apple. guess my ignorance about the incompatibility between Flash and iPad means no video posting for me. images though. dont really understand why they wont post just as before. must be the other thing? Java?
No. Because I can do it on my iPad. So not sure what it is that you are doing that is preventing it.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Quote:
No. Because I can do it on my iPad. So not sure what it is that you are doing that is preventing it.
of course you can. because you're you. there's probably not a computer on the planet you cant whip into shape. i'll go and experiment sommore and stop botherin ya! thanks again!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #18
pamcat

How Do You Identify?:
Leo girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/my friend/
Relationship Status:
coasting along, having fun

pamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Hi there, can someone help me? When am I able to post pictures and attachments? My profile status says I'm not allowed to, and I'm guessing it has something to do with my membership level. What stage do I have to be at before I can do this? Any info will be gratefully received as I can't find anywhere that explains this, many thanks
pamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamcat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
Tye

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Tye,
Relationship Status:
single

Tye will become famous soon enough

I was wondering same thing as Pamcat,I cant find anything on my profile where it says I can load a pic to my profile? Any help would be appreciated,thanks.
Tye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #20
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
I was wondering same thing as Pamcat,I cant find anything on my profile where it says I can load a pic to my profile? Any help would be appreciated,thanks.
See over there
<----- says gallery? In your profile>>>> Click that, then download your pic to your gallery following the site perimeters.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote