Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

How To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST Reputation
Default BFP How To Videos

Some BFP members requested "how to" videos showing them how to use certain areas and features of the site, so this thread will be used for that.

If you have any questions or if you have something specific in mind that you would like to see laid out in a video, let us know so we can take care of it and post it here.

Thanks!
How To is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Posting youtube videos. Please and thank you.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

How To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST ReputationHow To Has the BEST Reputation
Default BFP How To: Basics of BFP -1-

In this video, I go over some of the basics of BFP. I broke the basics up into 2 videos.
This one covers profiles, editing profile, notifications, UserCP, contacts & friends, members list, new posts, today's posts, and quick links.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

Default BFP How To: Basics of BFP -2-

In this video, I go over some more basics of BFP, including:
front page, forums, subscriptions, gallery overview, and chat.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

Default BFP How To: Posting YouTube Videos

In this video, I go over how to post a YouTube video.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

Default BFP How To: Posting Pics

In this video, I go over how to post pics from the web
into threads and into visitor messages on profiles.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

Default BFP How To: Thread Posts

In this video, I go over posting to threads, including:
thanks, thanks w/message, reply, report, quote, and multi-quote.
I also go over thread tools, including subscribing to
and unsubscribing from threads.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

Default BFP How To: Gallery

In this video, I go over the gallery, including:
uploading pics, leaving comments, rating photos,
and a general tour of the gallery & its features.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Would it be better to have individual threads for each video to make it easier for members to find the specific video?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

If they had their own forum, I would be more inclined to say yes; but I fear individual threads might get lost in the grand scheme of things, leaving people wondering if there is a video on such and such and asking for it because they can't find it.

Also, I like the idea of having a space where people can ask for videos on specific topics or features because I doubt I covered everything with these 6 videos.

Idk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to How To For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Personally, I like the videos all in one place.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Would it be better to have individual threads for each video to make it easier for members to find the specific video?
I think that to have a link for how to videos on the main page in the "site navigation" box would be ideal (for example). So keep the thread, and post the link to it in that box. That way it does not get lost in the multitudes of other threads, and even as a newbie that main page is looked over for sources and such and would be easy to spot. Of course just my opinion or 2 cents worth.

I do think this thread is a wonderful resource, and that it will continue to grow with time for sure!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #13
TheLoneStranger

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 1,091 Times in 405 Posts
TheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST ReputationTheLoneStranger Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanks for thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I think having them all together makes sense and easier to find.
TheLoneStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheLoneStranger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

thank you!!!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am impressed..........

Wow !!! I am impressed! Love the front page (left side) pink and black banner!! Yippiiieeee!! Thank you for providing an instant click on this resources for newbies/veterans to use , even if some of us are not newbies anymore!! TY! TY! TY!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #16
How To

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shygrrl View Post
Wow !!! I am impressed! Love the front page (left side) pink and black banner!! Yippiiieeee!! Thank you for providing an instant click on this resources for newbies/veterans to use , even if some of us are not newbies anymore!! TY! TY! TY!
I didn't make those changes, I just made some videos; but I'm sure if Admin has seen this, they appreciate your thanks.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #17
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Smile bump bump bump

Just bumping incase anyone needs a little help.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #18
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default bump bump bump

Bumping the thread just in case someone needs a little help.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #19
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Someone pointed me here, after reading my question/info request, so here goes.

Is there a way, within a post, to post pics that you download from your computer? Rather than the web? The only thing I can find in the menu line, is to post pics from a url. Not what I wanted. The pics are on my computer.

This is probably dead obvious to everyone but me. Sorry for the stupid question.
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #20
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Parker gives a very good step by step of how to post pics from your computer to the net, then in the thread you wish to post them in. I do not think you can do this otherwise. Here's a link to Parker's post in the Members Helping Members Thread just click on the underlined link it will take you there:

Members Helping Members Thread

Tags
how to