Old 12-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #461
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I really liked Godless, did you?

It took me a couple of episodes to get into and to understand what was going on.

New season of Black Mirror will be streaming on December 29th. That is a really great series.
I did like it and like you, took a couple episodes for me to understand it. I wasn't sure I wanted to watch more after the first, I did. Good thing by the next episode I understood it.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #462
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Keepers 2017 Stars: Gemma Hoskins, Tom Nugent, Abbie Schaub

A seven-part docuseries about the unsolved murder of a nun and the horrific secrets and pain that linger nearly five decades after her death.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #463
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished ... The Ranch ... Sam Elliott, Debra Winger, Ashton Kutcher

And started Jerry Seinfeld's ... Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee ... I'm not much of a Seinfeld fan but I do like the cars and comedians he's had on their so far ... Jim Carrey ... Alec Baldwin ... Stephen Colbert ... off to a good start!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 09:17 PM   #464
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I've started Black Mirror and Wormwood.

I've really enjoyed the second season of The Crown.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #465
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I been binge watching Grimm on Amazon Prime. I had never watched it, which is odd. It's just my cup of tea.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:02 PM   #466
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

As per usual, if I like a series, it gets canceled.

It took me a few episodes to get into it but then I did.

Hulu decided 2 seasons only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am very ambivalent about this series.

It has Hugh Laurie as star and he is an outstanding actor. Also starring is Gretchen Mol and Ethan Suplee.

He plays a forensic psychologist.

Number one for psychiatrists, therapists and anyone in the field of psychiatry and mental health: maintain healthy and strong boundaries with clients and patients.

Hugh as Dr. Eldon Chance: loses his. Over a woman (duh).

Sometimes it bugs me so much I have to stop watching it for a while. However, the acting is great and it does draw me back to see what is going to happen.

PS: I just saw Liam wrote about it in November. I missed that! I would have caught Chance sooner. So many shows, so little time!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #467
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am currently on Season 2 of The Magicians and halfway through Dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I've started Black Mirror and Wormwood.

I've really enjoyed the second season of The Crown.
I keep looking The Crown with the intent to watch it. On Season 4 of Black Mirror and thus far not enjoying nearly as much as I did the other seasons. Wormwood I haven't seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i keep the subtitles going.. it helps to understand English!
I have subtitles on 99% and have a preference to it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Last night, I watched the first episode of Hulu's Chance, a show about Dr. Eldon Chance, "a San Francisco based neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness." All the while he is dealing with his marriage ending and the tribulations of being the father of a teen-aged girl. Hugh Lorie plays Chance.

So far, I like the series, those quirky characters get me everytime!
This sounds intriguing and I need to watch it.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #468
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix: The IT Crowd, The Crown, The Detectorists, Black Mirror, Stranger Things...and quite a few others.

HBO (when we get the seasonal subscription): GOT, Westworld, Tracey Ullman Show.

I marathon watch stuff because my sweetheart isn't in to shows that much, so I indulge when I can, though she loves GOT.

Forgot Schitt's Creek.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #469
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
We watched One Mississippi this week and Mr. Jenny really liked it. She had never heard of Tig Notaro.

I already LOVED Tig Notaro so i may have been a little smug about her.

*does image search for Tig Notaro looking hot*

WAIT

There is also a Netflix documentary during which she fell in love with Stephanie Allynne???

I know what I'm watching tonight.
One Mississippi is in my queue of next show to watch.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #470
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House

I liked this, but not as much as I thought I would. I think Liam Neeson was miscast, but I loved Diane Lane as Audrey Felt and Michael C. Hall was outstanding as John Dean.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #471
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

as much as i tried not to be...i am addicted to this is us (hulu)

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #472
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams

I already posted about this in the Amazon and Netflix streaming thread but in case you missed it:

This series is very, very good.

The stories (I've seen 4 so far) grab interest and are relatable (even though they are SciFi), the acting/actors are terrific and they relatable ( unlike Black Mirror this season, IMHO).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #473
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Catching up on a billion seasons of Amazing Race!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #474
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

Daddy and I are hooked on Reign.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 07:55 AM   #475
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I caught the first of David Letterman's My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with Obama. It was very good and I'm looking forward to his other guests!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #476
Brisa

How Do You Identify?:
Female

Brisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST Reputation
Default Brisa

I am watching The Assasination Of Versace...very good!
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brisa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2018, 06:46 PM   #477
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I am halfway through the 4th season of Black Mirror on Netflix. As expected, very good. It was a nice bonus to see an episode directed by Jodie Foster.

Also, I watched the first episode of the One Day at a Time reboot on Netflix. Very cute, quite funny. I'll keep going with this series.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #478
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Altered Carbon from Netflix

the new sci-fi series Altered Carbon has just come out, and I like sci-fi, apparently it combines a crime/mystery theme with sci-fi; and since I really like crime/mystery, I can't wait
the only thing I am not sure of is that it is also considered cyber-punk, will be binge watching it all weekend (big grin)
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #479
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
the new sci-fi series Altered Carbon has just come out, and I like sci-fi, apparently it combines a crime/mystery theme with sci-fi; and since I really like crime/mystery, I can't wait
the only thing I am not sure of is that it is also considered cyber-punk, will be binge watching it all weekend (big grin)
Just put this in my queue for all the same reasons, looking forward to it.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #480
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Versace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisa View Post
I am watching The Assasination Of Versace...very good!
I need to watch that!!

RIP Gianni Versace
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote