Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 07:56 AM   #721
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Surprise!!!
Golden Globe nods....

Best Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy
Dolemite Is My Name

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy

Eddie Murphy, Dolemite Is My Name

Keeping Fingers Crossed as he was robbed for Dreamgirls...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 06:32 AM   #722
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

We learned from the Golden Globe nominations that we needed to watch The Politician.

Reviews were not great but i liked it and would recommend. Going to start the Kominsky Method this weekend.

Also I watched The Irishman but not Marriage Story, yet. I will get to it before the Globes ceremony
Old 12-18-2019, 02:10 AM   #723
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

Got hooked on L Word Generation Q, Work in Progress and Fleabag. All just started there run so I am reserving judgement.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:11 PM   #724
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Mandalorian (season END)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Well, I've seen episode 2 and ya know, it all reminds me of the really old 1949 TV serial, Rocketman!!!! first released before I was born...haha... only The Mandalorian doesn't have rockets attached to his back, but the look is similar... and he has a spaceship instead. God, how I loved watching those hokey serials as a kid, sitting in front of the TV, spellbound.

and as far as the asset he gets - um, a child, the following picture says it all:

it's Star Wars, but as a TV serial, what fun...
Ah, the Mandalorian's 1st season is finished (ah!!!), it was most excellent! and as the season developed, character development improved and there was a richer sense of feeling, absolutely marvellous. A most wonderful series in the Star Wars franchise.

SPOILER ALERT following:

(Do not read for the risk of seeing a spoiler.)

He finally gets his rocket pack on his back! (shades of Rocketman... lol)

I never really had a father model to follow and had to learn what it meant to be my own dad, a sane and holistic version of that kind of parent, and that is another reason why I really liked this series.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 08:21 PM   #725
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Dracula (BBC Jan. 2020)

BBC has released Dracula as a 3-part mini-series that can also be viewed thru Netflix.
And I saw the first episode today, OMG!

Ratings are high, and what can I say, but OMG!

If you saw Bram Stoker's Dracula of 1992, you will recognize certain characters since they are still there [Dracula - originally played by Gary Oldman, Mina - originally played by Winona Ryder, Jonathan Harker - originally played by Keanu, and Van Helsing - originally played by Anthony Hopkins] and some of the story line, but this adaptation takes quite a few liberties, even moving off in a more modern uptake; there is stuff from the novel, but they have decided to add stuff that really wasn't in the original.
The 1992 film never really scared me, and none of the other vampire films/series that I've seen over the years ever scared me either, just fun fantasy adventure romps. I've seen quite a few vampire films (ya know: like Interview with a Vampire, the Blade films, etc.), and TV Series (ya know: like True Blood, The Originals, The Strain, just to name a few), and well, I never had to put anything on pause like I did in this 2020 BBC version. Today, I came away quite stunned and had to vent to someone I know in real time just to unwind... The next two episodes will follow this week.
It is exceptionally well-written, acting was superb, and the suspense was all there. After putting it on pause (more than once) and remembering to breathe, I sat there calming myself down, until I began wondering: so, what happens next? (lol)
The thing about it that was remarkable to me was just how realistic it was, and I think that that was made it so bloody scary. Casting was brilliant, especially for Dracula (played by someone I had never heard of before, Class Bang), who could just as easily be the guy next door, so charming and clever, until... a rather excellent portrayal of a modern-day sociopath, with a very particular taste for... Anyways, I wonder what will happen in the next two episodes.
What was also absolutely fascinating was the philosophical angle.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #726
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool Dracula (TV Mini-Series 2020) finished...

Quote:
BBC has released Dracula as a 3-part mini-series that can also be viewed thru Netflix.
And I saw the first episode today, OMG!

Ratings are high, and what can I say, but OMG!

If you saw Bram Stoker's Dracula of 1992, you will recognize certain characters since they are still there [Dracula - originally played by Gary Oldman, Mina - originally played by Winona Ryder, Jonathan Harker - originally played by Keanu, and Van Helsing - originally played by Anthony Hopkins] and some of the story line, but this adaptation takes quite a few liberties, even moving off in a more modern uptake; there is stuff from the novel, but they have decided to add stuff that really wasn't in the original.
The 1992 film never really scared me, and none of the other vampire films/series that I've seen over the years ever scared me either, just fun fantasy adventure romps. I've seen quite a few vampire films (ya know: like Interview with a Vampire, the Blade films, etc.), and TV Series (ya know: like True Blood, The Originals, The Strain, just to name a few), and well, I never had to put anything on pause like I did in this 2020 BBC version. Today, I came away quite stunned and had to vent to someone I know in real time just to unwind... The next two episodes will follow this week.
It is exceptionally well-written, acting was superb, and the suspense was all there. After putting it on pause (more than once) and remembering to breathe, I sat there calming myself down, until I began wondering: so, what happens next? (lol)
The thing about it that was remarkable to me was just how realistic it was, and I think that that was made it so bloody scary. Casting was brilliant, especially for Dracula (played by someone I had never heard of before, Class Bang), who could just as easily be the guy next door, so charming and clever, until... a rather excellent portrayal of a modern-day sociopath, with a very particular taste for... Anyways, I wonder what will happen in the next two episodes.
What was also absolutely fascinating was the philosophical angle.
Well, I finished watching the series, and can't wait to discuss it with someone that I know, who is also watching it.

I am aware that quite a few people didn't like how it developed thru episodes 2 and 3 (oh well, tastes vary, ya know, chuckling here). It is always amusing to see how people caught in the dysfunctional web of comparison manage to sustain their earlier likes and dislikes (based on memory) of how they think things ought to be, in this case, cries of, "it didn't follow the book!" chuckling here. Very difficult for them to see things afresh/anew, without any preconceived ideas. I like what Mark Gatiss (Creator and Producer) and what Steven Moffat (Writer) did in this series, for the same reasons that I liked what both of them did in the BBC production of the 2010- TV Series of Sherlock. Interesting that Moffat also wrote for Doctor Who from 2005-2017.

Anyways, it was good enough for me to warrant an interest to watch this brilliant series a second time. I learned quite a few things from it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #727
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Working my way through The Mandalorian on Disney+. Also, binging on old episodes of MASH.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 07:15 PM   #728
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Working my way through The Mandalorian on Disney+. Also, binging on old episodes of MASH.
So, GeorgiaMa'am, how are you liking (?) The Mandalorian?
Old 01-07-2020, 02:21 AM   #729
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

If you have Acorn check this series out........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 07:56 AM   #730
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

The Mandalorian on Disney + is great but a very short season. If you like good sci fi action, do yourself a favor and check this show out.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #731
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So, GeorgiaMa'am, how are you liking (?) The Mandalorian?
I like it! I have only seen the first two episodes (I'm watching it with someone else, and they have to be at my house before we get another episode in), but the story seems really intriguing so far.

I want a Baby Yoda. (I know, *his name isn't Yoda, but I want one anyway.)
*spoiler alert

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 06:45 AM   #732
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ghost Town

Watched Ghost Town this morning. Available on Pluto TV and Amazon Prime.

Not a fan of Ricky Gervais, but enjoyed his acerbic humor as a cranky dentist who’s suddenly able to see dead people. It’s a predictable comedy with Tea Leoni, Greg Kinnear, and a number of recognizable character actors.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #733
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Just finished _The Kominsky Method_ on Netflix. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to! Quite funny.

Just started the new seasons of _Lost in Space_ and _Grace and Frankie_, both on Netflix. They are both shaping up to be at least as good as previous seasons.

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #734
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool Star Trek: Picard

Just saw the 1st episode of the new Star Trek series: PICARD, it was excellent !
Old 01-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #735
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just saw the 1st episode of the new Star Trek series: PICARD, it was excellent !
Picard was great. I was hoping for a good story with enough mystery and I wasn't disappointed.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #736
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

"Norsemen" is a Norwegian comedy TV series about a group of Vikings living in the village of Norheim around the year 790.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #737
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Doomsday Preppers

Dracula (three part mini series which spans from the 1800 to nearly current.. very interesting take on it)

Myths and Monsters.

Sex Education (those who know me well know why this show)
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #738
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I just started watching _Sense 8_ on Netflix. I don't know if this show is really as popular as it seems, or if Netflix just keeps trying to shove it down my throat. So far it seems very weird - not necessarily in a good way. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2020, 08:54 AM   #739
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Back to "Norsemen"...brilliant parody of all those Viking, Lost Kingdom, etc, series that seem to have taken over Netflix lately.I can't recommend it enough.

It's on Netflix and the dialogue is in English ( no worries about having to learn Norwegian ), which is very fortunate because it's hilarious ...2 seasons now and i never stop laughing...right from the opening sequence when a selected group of elders in this impoverished village refuse to jump of a cliff as a sacrificial offering to the gods and "take one for the team".
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #740
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just started watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. For those that watched Sabrina, the Teenage Witch on TV this is the adult version, right down to the black cat named Salem. It's interesting and just a wee bit spooky. I like it so far.

I finished AJ and the Queen, with RuPaul. I loved it so much I binged all 10 episodes in one day (I'm a sucker for a good drag queen)!

I'm re-watching Lucifer. I saw it on cable and am now going back because I haven't seen it since it was picked up again.

That's all for the past week.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: