Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #61
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Decorative Ornaments

The other day I was researching for a project and came across these amazing, exquisite prints of some old decorative pieces.
So simple, but they took my breath away.

More at the original site, Public Domain Review

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #62
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
I love all things vintage especially jewelry and vintage purses.

My love affair began when I stepped into a vintage store in a trendy artsy area and the owner and I were talking about vintage jewelry and how perfection is in the imperfection. His wife has an engagement ring that is very old and missing more than a few stones, it was purchased that way, he has offered to have the missing stones replaced but her response was 'but then there would be no story to tell'. So, to this day her engagement ring is missing stones and she would have it no other way.

He also shared that for her engagement present he purchased her a grand collection of vintage purses from an estate sale. She has them proudly displayed in an antique china cabinet. I can only imagine how old and beautiful they are.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #63
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default i've always wanted one of these----->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #64
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Me too ! So lovely with vintage plates in.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #65
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post

My love affair began when I stepped into a vintage store in a trendy artsy area and the owner and I were talking about vintage jewelry and how perfection is in the imperfection. His wife has an engagement ring that is very old and missing more than a few stones, it was purchased that way, he has offered to have the missing stones replaced but her response was 'but then there would be no story to tell'. So, to this day her engagement ring is missing stones and she would have it no other way.

He also shared that for her engagement present he purchased her a grand collection of vintage purses from an estate sale. She has them proudly displayed in an antique china cabinet. I can only imagine how old and beautiful they are.
I would love to see those purses, imagine examining each one and finding some hidden treasure tucked away.....a dance card, invitation or a love letter perhaps ! That would be a great theme for a book of short stories...each chapter about a purse/bag of some sort and each containing a forgotten item with some wonderful tale to tell....OK my imagination is running wild now !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #66
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

What a beautiful, sweet story. I absolutely agree with the fact that the imperfections make aged pieces perfect and beautiful. I also really love love the engagement ring ... I always wanted at least a vintage style one, but this is even better. <3

Thank you so much for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post

The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #67
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

What a great idea. You might try checking out the book called The Letter by Kathryn Hughes. It has a part of the story like that where the main character finds something important from the 30s in the pocket of a vintage suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
I would love to see those purses, imagine examining each one and finding some hidden treasure tucked away.....a dance card, invitation or a love letter perhaps ! That would be a great theme for a book of short stories...each chapter about a purse/bag of some sort and each containing a forgotten item with some wonderful tale to tell....OK my imagination is running wild now !

The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 06:27 AM   #68
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
What a great idea. You might try checking out the book called The Letter by Kathryn Hughes. It has a part of the story like that where the main character finds something important from the 30s in the pocket of a vintage suit.
Oh yes, I will indeed check it out, sounds just my type of thing, Thank you for the suggestion gotoseagrl

Old 08-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #69
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default It was love at first sight.....

I'm a big fan of up-cycling furniture. The old pieces are more interesting and better made than most of the modern day pieces. (IMHO) This was painted in a chalk paint by Frenchic, the color is Plum Pudding. YUM.
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:

Tags
bygone, old fashioned, old-fashioned, retro, vintage