Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #21
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vegan Ravioli Pasta Recipe

You choose your own vegan filling. I used a spinach tofu shallot filling. Juat make sure it is not too wet.
Sauce choices range...I am making a sundried tomato pesto with macadamia nuts...yummm.

Pasta
1 cup Flour of choice...I made it with rice flour.
3 tsp unfiltered oil...I used a mixture of walnut and olive oil.
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup veggie broth

Directions:Combine everything together in a bowl. Form into the shape of a ball and let sit one hour wrapped in a towel.

I use a pasta machine...hand crank...but for those who wanna roll out their own pasta here ya go:

Divide the dough in fourths and roll out each portion on a floured work space, allowing the first sheet of pasta to sit while rolling out the second. One of the tricks to the pasta is to make sure you rolled the dough out very thin.
Cut out your ravioli shapes and fill with the filling. Place the top part of the ravioli over the filling and close with a fork.
Put your ravioli into the salty boiling water and cook. They are ready when they come floating to the top.

When ready to serve, put a layer of sauce on the plate and lay the raviolis on top

Last edited by weatherboi; 12-29-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: moved title
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Black Bean Burger
  • 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 tbsp salsa
  • 1/2 yellow bell pepper,
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 "egg" (Ener-G egg replacer)
  • olive oil for frying
Mash the beans in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients, mixing until well combined. Press firmly to form into patties and lightly fry in oil.

I put these on flat bread but you can use what you like, and top it off with tomatos, lettuce, and I had a roasted tomato vinagrette but its more to your taste and desire at that point

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #23
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile so good!

Baked Vegan Donuts

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour [i use a combo of oat, chickpea, sorghum, fava, and sometimes, white rice]
1/2 cup sugar [can subsitute with yacon, agave, chopped dates, figs, et c.]
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder [i use ener-g baking powder replacer - no high sodium]
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 shake of cinnamon (I was out of nutmeg, so I used all cinnamon & more than a shake!)
1/2 cup soymilk [or subsitute / mix with - almond, coconut, rice]
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Egg replacer for 1 egg (I used Ener-G Egg Replacer.)
4 tablespoons Earth Balance or other vegan margarine

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350º F.

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with a whisk to mix thoroughly.

In a small saucepan, combine wet ingredients over medium low heat & mix until margarine is melted. You should be able to stick your finger in the mixture without burning yourself. Don't make this too hot for the dough!

Add wet to dry & mix until just combined, forming a soft spongy dough.

Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out dough into an ungreased nonstick mini donut pan & smooth out the tops of them. If using a regular sized donut pan (like I did), fill them until just below the rim. Make sure not to overfill them or they'll have uneven muffin tops. If you under fill them, they'll be skimpy, but still edible.

Bake them for 12 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

Invert the hot pan over a cooling rack to release the donuts & allow them to cool completely before decorating.

Last edited by violaine; 04-20-2011 at 09:45 AM.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #24
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

stolen from boston.com

Vegan Farfel Kugel
  • 3.5 cups of matzo farfel
  • the equivalent of two eggs of egg replacer
  • finely chopped carrot
  • finely chopped celery
  • finely chopped mushrooms
  • finely chopped onions
  • paprika, salt and pepper
  • vegetable broth

1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.

2. Saute the vegetables until they are nice and soft and they smell delicious. I use a little vegetable oil but you could use a non stick pan. I spray cooking oil in the pan too.

3. Mix the egg replacer, the paprika and the salt with the farfel and the vegetables. You can use water or vegetable broth if the mixture seems dry.

4. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until set and golden. Cool slightly before cutting into squares.

This recipe is very forgiving. I have made this kugel for full time vegans, and they have been very happy to eat it.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
stolen from boston.com

Vegan Farfel Kugel

<snip>

This recipe is very forgiving. I have made this kugel for full time vegans, and they have been very happy to eat it.
And you really need a boy to do the chopping.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #26
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile is really good in stir fry!

http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #27
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
stolen from boston.com

Vegan Farfel Kugel
  • 3.5 cups of matzo farfel
  • the equivalent of two eggs of egg replacer
  • finely chopped carrot
  • finely chopped celery
  • finely chopped mushrooms
  • finely chopped onions
  • paprika, salt and pepper
  • vegetable broth

1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.

2. Saute the vegetables until they are nice and soft and they smell delicious. I use a little vegetable oil but you could use a non stick pan. I spray cooking oil in the pan too.

3. Mix the egg replacer, the paprika and the salt with the farfel and the vegetables. You can use water or vegetable broth if the mixture seems dry.

4. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until set and golden. Cool slightly before cutting into squares.

I like saying it. I think I might give this a try and the ravioli that weatherboi suggested. I wonder if I could do it with whole wheat flour.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default cross posted-

i made a giant pot of veggie stock over the weekend pet sitting, and decided to make brown rice [with the stock, of course]. thawed out frozen tofu [freezing changes texture]. drained/squeezed out tofu, browned in cast iron skillet with veggies, shallot and garlic, set aside. made a cornbread using -coconut/almond milk- and turned 1/4 of it into crumbs. combined all ingredients with more veg broth, and egg replacer. result:

vegan loaf with fresh sage, heirloom tomatoes, and romaine lettuce w/squeeze of lime.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #29
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

I've been eating a vegan dinner once or twice a week.

I use my rice cooker to make brown rice.

I saute an entire bag of frozen red and green pepper strips with a few cubes of frozen garlic.

While the peppers are sauteeing, I boil water for frozen yucca,

When the water is boiling,

I throw in the whole bag of yucca, which takes about 17 minutes.

When the peppers are nice and soft, and the house smells delicious,

I throw in a can of pinto beans.

While the beans are heating, and the yucca is cooking,

I microwave equal parts lemon juice and olive oil with a few cubes of frozen garlic and salt and pepper for one minute.

This meal is incredibly easy and unbelievably delicious.

It makes dinner for two and leftovers for one person's lunch.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2016, 02:08 AM   #30
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,063 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

This thread needs a bump.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 07:53 PM   #31
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Same here, this thread needs a bump.

I am having roasted vegetables tonight for supper. I'm going to make them, just like the guy does it in the video. Check out how he whacks the whole clove of garlic on the table. LOL, that made my cooking life easier, just seeing how he did that.

For those of you who might want to try this out, I learned about ETEE (which stands for: Everything Touches Everything Else). It's an organic product which is used to help food products stay fresh in the fridge or in your lunch bag or can be used to cover a jar of water (…). I'm going to buy some, because I want to quit using plastic (saran wrap or Tupperware containers or plastic containers of any type), something fierce.

It's pretty cool that this product is made in Toronto, Canada. I like it even better that foods are safer, stored in earth friendly materials.

TO See what ETEE is, click the ~~>>>>>> LINK <<<<<<<~~

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #32
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Roasted Butternut Squash (stuffed with Risotto)

Here is a great recipe I use to make Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto.

I bake a whole butternut squash, but split it in half and scoop the squash out with a mini-melon-ball scoop. Once the risotto is done, I stuff the halved squash shells with the risotto, then bake the risotto-filled squash shells for about another half hour. It is simply delicious.

Bon Appétit

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote