Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 07-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #541
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today marked our highest number of positive cases AND there were "120" deaths overnight. Yet, "he" says "you all have nothing to worry about" & "do not let fear get a hold of you". Really?

AND, Disney opened 2 parks today to season passholders only, AND were to follow social distancing & masks. Well, the news showed clusters of passholders right by one another..just watch in another 14 days...numbers will go up. Disney is opening to public this weekend.

And GYMS have been accused of causing this recent spike due to NOT following cleaning protocols. Hmmmm

And this is this Governor's FIRST term. I say we need a NEW Governor, a woman, who can handle this much better!
Old 07-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #542
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Orlando is in Orange County, where THE highest number of cases are, for central Fl, and has seen 130% INCREASE in cases in 14 days...and are STILL going to open Disney tomorrow to the public AND open schools in a few weeks......sadly shaking my head.

Where is the sense of all this idiocy?!
Old 07-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #543
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Orlando is in Orange County, where THE highest number of cases are, for central Fl, and has seen 130% INCREASE in cases in 14 days...and are STILL going to open Disney tomorrow to the public AND open schools in a few weeks......sadly shaking my head.

I absolutely can not believe they are opening Disney. My hopes are that so few people put themselves at risk like that that, and don't go to Disney, they can't afford to stay open and have to shut down again. However, based on how everyone is acting I'm thinking that won't be the case.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #544
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

Touche' Touche' Touche' O~Lay we are surrounded by idiots.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:15 AM   #545
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I absolutely can not believe they are opening Disney. My hopes are that so few people put themselves at risk like that that, and don't go to Disney, they can't afford to stay open and have to shut down again. However, based on how everyone is acting I'm thinking that won't be the case.
In a common sense world, that would be the case.....poor attendance so WDW DID have to close down, BUT we are no longer living in a sane, sensible world.

Disney opened a sports complex for athletes to train in, specifically Orlando Magic ATM, and they ARE training, all of them, and NO MASKS!

I saw news this AM that 3 more states are now seeing very high rise in cases. That is 44 states now seeing this. YET, we continue to open more & more venues.

The news has so many mixed messages from WHcovidiot to local Govcovidiots and such that people do not know who & what to believe. And WHcovidiot wants USA to pull out of WHO.

While I do not have children, I am very much concerned for teachers & students being MADE to open schools up full force. That WHcovidiot threatened to pull funds for education IF schools didn't reopen.

Meanwhile, this country is going up in proverbial covid flames. I applaud those Governors who do NOT let WHcovidiot bully them, and they make their own decisions!

Stay safe everyone. I heart you all & I DO NOT want to lose anymore of US!
Old 07-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #546
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

So, I just read where Tulsa, OK now has 6x the number of cases since the WHCovidiot held his rally where no one social distanced nor wore a mask. Imagine that!
Old 07-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #547
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

30-YEAR-OLD DIES AFTER TEXAS 'COVID PARTY,' THOUGHT CORONAVIRUS WAS A HOAX

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #548
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Florida has a quarter million cases!

Disney opened yesterday, 2 of its parks, & will open more in 2 days!

SMDH.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #549
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday we were still on the list of states not seeing a rise in cases. Today we were no longer on that list. (NY)

Yesterday we were driving through back country areas and saw tons of outside parties, big parties, for graduations and birthdays. Not good.

I was able to find paper towels today and I'm so glad our garden is going absolutely nuts so we will have vegetables for quite some time. I have jars for canning. The apple tree has baby apples starting.

I can not imagine schools opening in August or September. I absolutely can not imagine it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #550
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

My mom has a persistent cough, but no other symptoms. She ran a temp one day last week, but not since then. I'm not sure if I should try to convince her to get tested.

Hope and pray everything's okay.
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #551
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default And HE still denies this is serious. A "blip"...WTF?!

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has called the state's rise in cases "a blip" and told residents not to be alarmed.

Florida recorded more than 500 deaths this past week, compared with over 300 the prior week. It is one of about two dozen states where deaths have risen in the last seven days compared with the prior seven days, according to a Reuters analysis.

Florida's Disney World welcomed the public on Saturday for the first time since March with guests required to wear masks, undergo temperature checks and keep physically apart.

The number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Florida is quickly rising, with over 500 new patients in the past 24 hours raising to 8,000 the number in hospitals, according to a state agency. Across Florida, 47 hospitals reported their intensive care units (ICUs) were completely full, including eight hospitals in the Miami-Dade County hot spot.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:12 AM   #552
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,623 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

So Tuesday's numbers may very well be the last true picture we get of what's going on with the virus in the US. I often hear how you can't trust information coming from China or Korea or wherever and how they don't tell their citizens what's really going on and they hide information from the media and the rest of the world etc... Well, the US, under the guidance and thumb of fascist leader Donald Trump, is about to join the ranks of countries who engage in massive cover-ups that are to the detriment of it's citizens for political ends. Never thought I'd see the day. Maga hat wearers you can't still believe...can you? Trump has stripped the CDC of control of Coronavirus data.

"Hospital data on coronavirus patients will now be rerouted to the Trump administration instead of first being sent to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed to CNN."

"The administration's new directive came in the form of a document (pdf) quietly posted online last week by HHS, an agency headed by former pharmaceutical executive and Trump appointee Alex Azar.

"As of July 15, 2020, hospitals should no longer report the Covid-19 information in this document to the National Healthcare Safety Network site," the directive states, referring to the CDC's data-gathering system.

Dr. Nicole Lurie, who served in former President Barack Obama's HHS, told the Times that "centralizing control of all data under the umbrella of an inherently political apparatus is dangerous and breeds distrust."

"It appears to cut off the ability of agencies like CDC to do its basic job," said Lurie."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...newday-vpx.cnn

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/u...ronavirus.html

https://delauro.house.gov/media-cent...bypass-cdc-and
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:46 PM   #553
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So a couple of months ago we were getting horrific scenes and numbers out of NYC and I was so grateful that where I am in Southern California was not so nearly ravaged, in fact, while taking lots of precautions the whole thing seemed sort of unreal and like it was mostly something on TV. At the time lock down in California was pretty complete and just about to start opening.

Fast forward a couple of months and now it is Southern California’s turn in the bucket along with some other hotspots in the southern half of the United States. Well we have closed back up a little bit, it’s not at all like it was, people are mostly going about their daily lives while just staying away from bars, restaurants and gym’s. This time is surreal in a different way, I have to keep reminding myself how bad things are here because when lockdown was tight there wasn’t as much actual danger, now that the danger is real and present folks are just having to shift for themselves without any extra rule and it doesn’t seem to be working out so well.

We know more now than we did and I, like most other folks figured out what I will use as boundaries for myself to stay safe. It just seems weird that everybody is freelancing this and there is no real guard rail. I think this might be the source of some of the wildly differing behaviors that we see, the messages have been confusing for a while, so people are interpreting for themselves. I think this next stretch of road is going to be pretty bumpy.

Last edited by Kelt; 07-24-2020 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Speeling
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #554
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
So a couple of months ago we were getting horrific scenes and numbers out of NYC and I was so grateful that where I am in Southern California was not so nearly ravaged, in fact, while taking lots of precautions the whole thing seemed sort of unreal and like it was mostly something on TV. At the time lock down in California was pretty complete and just about to start opening.

Fast forward a couple of months and now it is Southern California’s turn in the bucket along with some other hotspots in the southern half of the United States. Well we have closed back up a little bit, it’s not at all like it was, people are mostly going about their daily lives while just staying away from bars, restaurants and gym’s. This time is surreal in a different way, I have to keep reminding myself how bad things are here because when lockdown was tight there wasn’t as much actual danger, now that the danger is real and present folks are just having to shift for themselves without any extra rule and it doesn’t seem to be working out so well.

We know more now than we did and I, like most other folks figured out what I will use as boundaries for myself to stay safe. It just seems weird that everybody is freelancing this and there is no real guard rail. I think this might be the source of some of the wildly differing behaviors that we see, the messages have been confusing for a while, so people are interpreting for themselves. I think this next stretch of road is going to be pretty bumpy.
Kelt, you are spot on!
Old 07-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #555
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm posting this here because we have, whether we recognize it or not, learned some very valuable insights into the truths about the United States capitalistic system with this Coronavirus/ COVID-19 pandemic.

I think we should all see this and realize what is, and has been, happening in this country since the pandemic broke out. Really, it's been happening all along, but the virus has, most definitely, brought a LOT of things out in a huge, glowing spotlight of truth.

Please, take some time and watch this.

It's worth it.

~Theo~
Old 07-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #556
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
....*snip*.....

The difference in behaviors is because there are 3 kinds of people out there.

1. The believers who abide by the guidelines and do everything they can to keep themselves, their families and their communities safe.
2. The non-believers who think it's a hoax or just don't care about it who crow about their American rights being more important than them getting sick or passing it on to others.
3. Those who may or may believe but are doing everything in their power to profit off of the virus and the backs of those who are trying to work and be safe.

Until there is one single goal, there will not be 100% compliance with safety and wellness guidelines. Which basically means there will never be 100% compliance across the board.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #557
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
The difference in behaviors is because there are 3 kinds of people out there.

1. The believers who abide by the guidelines and do everything they can to keep themselves, their families and their communities safe.
2. The non-believers who think it's a hoax or just don't care about it who crow about their American rights being more important than them getting sick or passing it on to others.
3. Those who may or may believe but are doing everything in their power to profit off of the virus and the backs of those who are trying to work and be safe.

Until there is one single goal, there will not be 100% compliance with safety and wellness guidelines. Which basically means there will never be 100% compliance across the board.
I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly, Gemme.

Just yesterday, while driving to a spot on the river to watch boats go by and jet-skiers alike, there were waves and waves of people, standing on the side of both sides of the road, some by themselves, some with their entire members of family. No one was wearing masks. No one was standing six feet apart. All of them were waving GOP-type flags and under the premise that Blue Lives Matter (referencing Police). I hate that people will not abide by life saving mandates (wearing a mask, standing six feet apart, etc).

Most likely, COVID-19 will escalate by numbers due to people who just think it's a hoax and that this virus is not killing anybody.

My sister-in-law and a close friend just got back from Idaho. What did they see? No body wearing a mask, except at major retail chain stores (Freddy's, Target, Wal-Mart). They never saw anybody standing six feet apart. In fact, public swimming pools were open, and it would seem that certain small business owners have adopted the idea that COVID-19 is a hoax because people can shop in their stores without wearing a mask and the store owners do not limit the amount of people who can visit their business.

Meanwhile, my s-i-l wore her mask. She's very ill and if she were exposed to an active case, she'd be 6-feet *UNDER* in a matter of days.

Toxic White Privilege and the tenets of The Toxic political party (The GOP) seem to reside in sinister ways across the country. Especially in my home state of Idaho. And it's creeping into the fabric of the inner-metro area where I live, which has been thought of as The Pale Blue Dot (referencing Carl Sagan), the stronghold of Democratic Politics.

It's the number one reason, second only to my toxic family, of why I left years ago.

Here in the metro area, we have digital bill-boards which gives drivers specific directions on how to conduct themselves in traffic and in other social settings. Big warning statements about COVID still on the rise and that people need to give space in traffic, and in other social settings, and to wear masks.

What do people do though? They tail gate, break the speed limit, they don't wear their masks while driving, etc.

I feel that Covid-19 has not only exposed how fragile our medical system is, but it also exposes toxic levels of deep seated entitlement and gross levels of perceived privilege by people who don't care for others by trying to force their own magical thinking at the expense of not only their own lives, but at the expense of the lives of others.

It's is super concerning and deeply worrying, what I see here at home (in everyday life).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2020, 02:33 PM   #558
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think it's going to happen but if it does and people aren't going to face eviction for non-payment of rent, then what about landlords? Though some people I know with rentals own their buildings outright many more don't. So if they're living elsewhere and no longer generating income from their rental/rentals then what?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #559
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

this virus is a double edged sword.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:50 PM   #560
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

freakin covidiots....
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote