Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #6341
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Try Michael's for the future if you can because Hobby Lobby is anti-LGBT. That's awesome going to a craft store for ideas- that always gets me kinda excited! I also tried things for this project that I haven't before. It's good to challenge ourselves and gain a wider repertoire in the process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I ventured to Hobby Lobby today... not my usual stomping grounds... looking for ideas. Fair warning y'all I have never decoupaged in my life! Hmm! Iol

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #6342
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
I ventured to Hobby Lobby today... not my usual stomping grounds... looking for ideas. Fair warning y'all I have never decoupaged in my life! Hmm! Iol
Also wanted to add: Youtube videos are super helpful when you are trying things for the first time!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #6343
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the insight. I knew Hobby was anti-abortion but didn't know bout the LGBT. Is Michael's pro or neutral? Sadly, damn near everything in TX is anti-everything.

YouTube is a good idea. Next time! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Try Michael's for the future if you can because Hobby Lobby is anti-LGBT. That's awesome going to a craft store for ideas- that always gets me kinda excited! I also tried things for this project that I haven't before. It's good to challenge ourselves and gain a wider repertoire in the process!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #6344
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Concerning

"... I feel awful for missing out though and I have to admit my feelings are hurt that everyone thought the worst of me."

I didn't think the worst of you, stuff happens. So when you speak of everyone thinking the worst of you, that's an incorrect assumption/statement on your part, because I didn't and I'm someone too.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #6345
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I still have not received, I will check with the post office when they open tomorrow if it is not delivered in the am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I got notice that the package was delivered on the 26th so I hope you're happily crafting now.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #6346
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,603 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

thanks for letting me know! I wasnt aware of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #6347
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Arrived and delivered to my hands this am! Oh what to do?!? Lmao
Old 05-30-2017, 07:31 AM   #6348
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
Arrived and delivered to my hands this am! Oh what to do?!? Lmao
Excellent!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #6349
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Bumping this for all of us. You're welcome

Quote:
This is the final list of participants for this round!

1. Gemme
2. Breathless
3. Soft*Silver
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Wiccanfemme
7. Lyte
8. amiyesiam
9. GeorgiaMa'am

Welcome to the Inclusive/Pre-Packaged/All in One /Goodies to Go/Whatever You Want to Call It Project of Spring 2017!

Quantity: one for each person that signs up minus yourself (unless you want to make one for yourself, which you totally can)

Theme: "Open" if you want flexibility. You will be free to choose the direction of your pieces. They may all be the same or different. This is your creativity; express it! If you'd rather have a set theme, then go with "Windows". Interpret it as you see fit. There is no wrong way, as it's all relative.

Instructions: Once you receive the package of goodies from me, pull everything out and see what you can do with it. You MUST use at least 25% of the items sent to you. You may use more if you'd wish but 25% is the minimum requirement. You may add your own embellishments and materials as long as the original materials are still 25% or more of the whole piece.

There will be special prizes for anyone who uses 100% of the goodies sent out.

Parameters: Total size of each piece is not to exceed 5x7. Smaller is fine. You must use at least 25% of the pieces/items/goodies mailed to you. You may use your own theme or choose the suggested theme of Windows if you are in the mood for a challenge. You MUST show what you used. You can do this by writing it on the back of the piece in addition to your screen name or write it on a separate piece of paper/cardstock/cardboard/etc. Each recipient should have a list of what you used in your piece to them. You are welcome to choose specific pieces for individuals (mark them accordingly, please) otherwise I will choose who gets what.

Dates to Remember:

Signup: 5/07/17 to 5/13/17 (CLOSED)
Packages mailed to participants: 5/17/17
Deadline for finished projects to be in my grubby little hands: 6/19/17
Officially late, and on the naughty list, if not received on/by 6/26/17.
Completed projects will be mailed out no later than 6/29/17

Send $10.00 with your projects to cut the cost of the two mailings, please. More if your pieces are especially bulky or heavy and, unfortunately, more for outside the US (sorry, Breathless).

*NOTE* I have pushed back the mail out date for the US to give customs a little longer to push Breathless' through. It's a day and a half difference.

"For 2017, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2017. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2017. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2017 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/14/17. I can start participating in new projects on 8/14/17. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/17, able to participate 7/28/17)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/14/17, able to participate 8/14/17)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

Sorry, I am having a lot pf personal problems right now and missed the late date of 5/7/16. I can start participating in projects 11/7/14. I have added myself to the list below:

1. CCB (missed late date of 5/7/16 able to participate 11/7/16)

I really hope everyone has fun with this project. I've had to reign myself in quite a bit because it gets expensive sending out enough for this many folks to have the EXACT same goodies but I think I have a collection that is going to make you scratch your head and wonder wth I was thinking as well as give a sigh of relief when you see that there are some really useful and fun things in the package.

Again, you MUST use AT LEAST 25% of the WHOLE package of goodies in your projects and you MUST write how you did so. You can do that on separate paper or on the back of each piece. I think it will really give some creative insight for the one who receives the piece.

Also, please keep in mind this is more time intensive and costly, so send funds accordingly with your packages back to me.

I look forward to seeing what everyone does!!!

Happy crafting, penpallers!

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 08:23 AM   #6350
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

You are so good to me, J!

And y'all, I got the first package in from Lyte this morning. Holy cronuts, people! These are fantastic!

Lyte, you are right; they are bigger than the size requirement but I love the concept!!! You did a great job and I really appreciate taking the size/weight into consideration when sending your postage.

You all are going to be so psyched when you get these!!!! They are beautiful and very creative. You did a great job.

I'm super excited about seeing everyone's else's ideas as well.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #6351
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I'm first?! Woo hoo!!

I screwed the pooch and picked the wrong size?! Yeah... I did... sorry 'bout that.

They're not half bad??? *mic drop* lol

Thanks Gem! Since you're the mighty Wrangler, you get to choose whichever one you want. Since I don't know everyone I figured I'd let you assign the rest as you think best or let it be random!

Quote:
You are so good to me, J!

And y'all, I got the first package in from Lyte this morning. Holy cronuts, people! These are fantastic!

Lyte, you are right; they are bigger than the size requirement but I love the concept!!! You did a great job and I really appreciate taking the size/weight into consideration when sending your postage.

You all are going to be so psyched when you get these!!!! They are beautiful and very creative. You did a great job.

I'm super excited about seeing everyone's else's ideas as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #6352
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I'm first?! Woo hoo!!

I screwed the pooch and picked the wrong size?! Yeah... I did... sorry 'bout that.

They're not half bad??? *mic drop* lol

Thanks Gem! Since you're the mighty Wrangler, you get to choose whichever one you want. Since I don't know everyone I figured I'd let you assign the rest as you think best or let it be random!
But it wasn't by much at all, so no harm and no foul that way. They are hefty though, which I kind of love. Sturdy lil suckers!

They are great!

I'll have to repackage them because I did peek at them all and love the diversity.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #6353
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Deadline for finished projects to be in my grubby little hands: 6/19/17

Time's a tickin'. I'm super excited to see what you all have been working so diligently on. Yay!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #6354
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Default Finished!

This project was definitely a challenge for me. I really wanted to use everything in some way, but ended up not being able to fit two of the items in. I had a couple ideas I wasn't able to execute because I'm not completely unpacked yet and couldn't find what I needed. So, I had to get a little creative. I tried some new things and went out of my comfort zone a bit and ended up with a few I really like and most that are sorta so-so. I will get these in the mail hopefully tomorrow, Gemme.

❤️ & 🎨

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #6355
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
This project was definitely a challenge for me. I really wanted to use everything in some way, but ended up not being able to fit two of the items in. I had a couple ideas I wasn't able to execute because I'm not completely unpacked yet and couldn't find what I needed. So, I had to get a little creative. I tried some new things and went out of my comfort zone a bit and ended up with a few I really like and most that are sorta so-so. I will get these in the mail hopefully tomorrow, Gemme.

❤️ & 🎨
Excellent! You always do such lovely work. I can't wait!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 07:29 AM   #6356
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Participants

1. Gemme
2. Breathless
3. Soft*Silver
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Lyte------received
7. amiyesiam--------received
8. GeorgiaMa'am

*Deadline for finished projects to be in my grubby little hands: 6/19/17
*Officially late, and on the naughty list, if not received on/by 6/26/17.
*Completed projects will be mailed out no later than 6/29/17

I received ami's yesterday and they. are. gorgeous. I love your work, ami, and you totally went out of the box on so many of these pieces. What I might do, if you don't mind, is repackage them in larger Ziplocks, as a couple of the bags ripped and don't fit well inside. I also love that you sent back the list of items sent you to as you used them. That's an easy way to let others know what you used and how you used it.

Lyte, I missed that part in your projects. I could be blind. I do need a new prescription and my optometrist said I could be a candidate for eye surgery so I might just be missing it, but I didn't see this part of the project. Let me know where the break down is, please.

Parameters: Total size of each piece is not to exceed 5x7. Smaller is fine. You must use at least 25% of the pieces/items/goodies mailed to you. You may use your own theme or choose the suggested theme of Windows if you are in the mood for a challenge. You MUST show what you used. You can do this by writing it on the back of the piece in addition to your screen name or write it on a separate piece of paper/cardstock/cardboard/etc. Each recipient should have a list of what you used in your piece to them. You are welcome to choose specific pieces for individuals (mark them accordingly, please) otherwise I will choose who gets what.

Excellent work, so far! I am soooo stoked to see what everyone else comes up with. The work in the two packages I've received so far has been so different and creative. Way to go, penpallers!

*insert Eye of the Tiger here

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #6357
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Ohh... tick tock... tick tock! Iol JK!

Quote:
Participants

1. Gemme
2. Breathless
3. Soft*Silver
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Lyte------received
8. GeorgiaMa'am

I received ami's yesterday and they. are. gorgeous. I love your work, ami, and you totally went out of the box on so many of these pieces. What I might do, if you don't mind, is repackage them in larger Ziplocks, as a couple of the bags ripped and don't fit well inside. I also love that you sent back the list of items sent you to as you used them. That's an easy way to let others know what you used and how you used it.

Lyte, I missed that part in your projects. I could be blind. I do need a new prescription and my optometrist said I could be a candidate for eye surgery so I might just be missing it, but I didn't see this part of the project. Let me know where the break down is, please.

Excellent work, so far! I am soooo stoked to see what everyone else comes up with. The work in the two packages I've received so far has been so different and creative. Way to go, penpallers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #6358
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,603 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

my projects are all done! I am by no means good at crafting but I enjoy doing things so just treat mine like you would a kid's...just tell me "oh how pretty!" and smile..lol

I did do the best I could.

I ran out of items to use so I had to incorporate some of my own things. I couldnt use everything Gemme sent...just two small things didnt get used. But I was amazed I got so many of the items used! Including the chalk..which I made into a very special "thing"

I have to wait until tuesday (have to wait for hubbie's payday) to mail but I am sending by priority so it will get to gemme just in the nick of time!

this was fun!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #6359
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Participants

1. Gemme
2. Breathless
3. Soft*Silver
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Lyte------received
8. GeorgiaMa'am

No, none of the bags ripped. They were ripped by me on purpose. I didn't have any other bags in the house. Sorry about that. At 54 I just don't worry about this kind of thing anymore. I just don't have the energy to pretend to be normal anymore. And I was not writing what I used when you provided a perfectly lovely list for me to copy! That was a great help.
And thank you for doing this. Total fun.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #6360
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Doh! Sorry.. I just noticed your paragraph to me below!

I didn't include a list.of what I used. I didn't think it was required unless one was looking to get credit for using everything. I didn't use everything.

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types