Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
When schools had dress codes! Girls HAD to wear skirts or dresses.....I asked WHY we had to wear dressed. I was told it was to prepare us for the working world. It was SO ridiculous!

Homoe was not a happy camper needless to say.....

Neither was I. I wore the dress but I wore pants under it. No one challenged me.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #862
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

Neither was I. I wore the dress but I wore pants under it. No one challenged me.
My Mom made all of my school/church/social clothes etc. except for the hand me downs from my Aunts daughters.

Born/raised/lived on the farm,it was really nice to *dress-up* for those occasions. Generally speaking for myself: I have not found either to be traumatizing.

All are part of my education curve to learning/earning/respecting and living in an era of acceptance!

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #863
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
My Mom made all of my school/church/social clothes etc. except for the hand me downs from my Aunts daughters.

Born/raised/lived on the farm,it was really nice to *dress-up* for those occasions. Generally speaking for myself: I have not found either to be traumatizing.

All are part of my education curve to learning/earning/respecting and living in an era of acceptance!

Ks-
Well slap y knee kick up my sunday boots fantastic ~ (((((( ks ))))) I bet u all looked adorable too ! my grandmother made my clothes ~ she was a tailorette !
Old 06-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #864
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Well slap y knee kick up my sunday boots fantastic ~ (((((( ks ))))) I bet u all looked adorable too ! my grandmother made my clothes ~ she was a tailorette !
OMG (((~Ocean)))

You and I could share a few pics/stories *Hands Down (me downs)* and carry a few smiles with them!

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 06:57 AM   #865
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when after work on Friday or maybe out during your errands on Saturday you'd swing by a brick and mortar video store and make your selection of what movie or movies you'd watch.

My last retail job was managing a mom and pop video store on Milwaukee's Eastside. It was a movie buff's paradise! We carried every genre of movies, foreign films in both subtitled and dubbed. The store was unique to say the least! Patrons interacted with each other. Often times giving suggestions of what to or perhaps what not to rent. There was a section of employee picks. The rental clerks were very approachable and knowledgeable, especially when you were trying to recall a certain film.

While modern technology is wonderful in the way it lets us view movies now, to say nothing of the money some save from late fees and rewind fees, I must admit I miss the camaraderie and atmosphere of the old brick and mortar days.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 03:12 PM   #866
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when I purchased all my music at Tower Records..........

Sidebar: And for those who have no idea what Tower Records was there is an excellent document called All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #867
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Remember when after work on Friday or maybe out during your errands on Saturday you'd swing by a brick and mortar video store and make your selection of what movie or movies you'd watch.

My last retail job was managing a mom and pop video store on Milwaukee's Eastside. It was a movie buff's paradise! We carried every genre of movies, foreign films in both subtitled and dubbed. The store was unique to say the least! Patrons interacted with each other. Often times giving suggestions of what to or perhaps what not to rent. There was a section of employee picks. The rental clerks were very approachable and knowledgeable, especially when you were trying to recall a certain film.

While modern technology is wonderful in the way it lets us view movies now, to say nothing of the money some save from late fees and rewind fees, I must admit I miss the camaraderie and atmosphere of the old brick and mortar days.
Here’s today’s Final Jeopardy question (in the category Business & Industry) for Tuesday, November 19, 2019 (Season 36, Episode 52):
Peaking at 9,000 locations in 2004, this chain of stores was down to one in 2019, located in Bend, Oregon.
Answer: Blockbuster

Well I guess I could always drive to Bend...
Old 12-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #868
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Payless shoe stores........

~~
I remember when Star Jones was one of their spokeswoman and had a line of shoes there!
Old 12-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #869
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember when Toys R Us was THE place to shop for kid's toys!
Old 10-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #870
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~Remember when you had to use up the food items in the freeze so you could pull the plug to defrost it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #871
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
~~Remember when you had to use up the food items in the freeze so you could pull the plug to defrost it?
I remember when choosing to wear pantyhose rather than stockings with a girdle, going bra less anywhere, and opting to wear open toed shoes or heels higher than one inch to church were all considered very scandalous.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #872
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default I remember when

My happiest was when I wore light blue carhartt jeans, white bucks and an Ivy
league jacket, and had a ducktail haircut.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #873
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when, using fake I'ds to get in the pub for a drink.
And early openers after night shift.
And drinking had not yet become a problem,but an adventure

don't worry 29 yrs clean n sober LOL

It was fun until it wasn't

as the Jam say
life is a drink and you get drunk when you're young.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 04:33 PM   #874
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I remember when choosing to wear pantyhose rather than stockings with a girdle, going bra less anywhere, and opting to wear open toed shoes or heels higher than one inch to church were all considered very scandalous.
OMG This just brought back memories of garder belts that you wore to attach the nylons too...
Old 08-26-2021, 08:19 AM   #875
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Jogged by a Yelp review I just read..........

The Yelp post which jogged my memory is below.

"We definitely are more thin crust fans and Pat's delivers a great thin crust with a great crust to toppings ratio. They also deliver it in a bag??? New concept and for whatever reason, it works".

I remember when pizza was ONLY delivered in a bag! There were no fancy cardboard boxes back in the day...
Old 08-27-2021, 05:06 AM   #876
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Do you remember when silver trees had color wheels that made it have three different colors?

I loved those trees. Have been known to sit for hours watching the tree and listening to carols, and I'm Jewish. My NY-raised partner turned the tree off thinking I was in bed, instead was sitting on the couch listening to the music. She told me that she had never just sat listening to music.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:11 AM   #877
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

We would have gotten in trouble if we had pants on when the bell sounded. Wore them to and from school when it was cold, but we left them in the cloakroom during class.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #878
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
The Yelp post which jogged my memory is below.

"We definitely are more thin crust fans and Pat's delivers a great thin crust with a great crust to toppings ratio. They also deliver it in a bag??? New concept and for whatever reason, it works".

I remember when pizza was ONLY delivered in a bag! There were no fancy cardboard boxes back in the day...
Oh, and you carried it flat up. The bag had two staples to keep it from falling out as well....

Tags
remember when