Old 01-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Flirting by text

How do you decide to make an initial flirty remark via text message? What's your favourite opening line?

I have an astonishing lack of game when it comes to dating, so unfortunately I don't have a favourite flirt to share, but I'm happy to hear yours!

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Ummm….I wish I could help you out here, other than saying just be yourself, which sounds such an obvious thing to say….

I once had a text message from a date which read: “I’m nervous, in Café. See you soon!”
I replied back with: “Hi nervous in Café, I’m Sammie, how are you today? I’ll be there in 10 minutes!” ….It worked! LOL!

You could open the text message with: “Hey handsome!” Or “Hello Good looking!” …. To be honest, I’m really rubbish at this sort of thing…. I have a spectacular talent for just opening my mouth or letting my brain take control of my fingers, allowing the words to just fall out….usually, in unintentional innuendoes, or because I’ve a naturally chatty and bubbly personality, it comes across as me flirting, when in fact I’m nervous and shaking like a Jelly, lol!

Best of luck!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

if flirting is your thing, timing just finds its way. if not, make timing LOL.

my fave is, "i sure would like to find the slope of your curve" lol
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I like flirting with texts!!! Even though i'm in a relationship, we still send flirty/dirty text sometimes...it's all the more fun.

But, a longgggggg time ago, when i was single and stuff and was getting to know someone, it was sometimes difficult to pick up on the "is he/she flirting or just being friendly" text and not sure how to take it. Without seeing the face, sorta like online, it's not as obvious.

However, it was fun to text with something that could be read as either way, that way you are safe if they aren't really flirting and in good shape if they were.

Like say....."Good Morning...is it a hard morning or an easy one for you". Or...."Did you dream of anything special last night?" And just let them take the lead, giving an opening sorta.

Well, that's how i rolled anyway...like, here's the bait...are you gonna bite or just sit by the creek and have a "friendly" day.

I found it very enlightening!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Lines are lines.

Flirting should be natural.

Be yourself, do whatever comes natural and forget about lines and such.

The best flirting is that which comes from the moment, inspired by the person whom you are flirting with, it is not planned.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Flirting via text is awesome! I feel more inclined to say things I wouldn't say on the phone because I would be shy, lol. It's fun to get a flirty text in the middle of the day, too :-D

Just be yourself!

Smiles,
Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Using lines via text is even cheesier than when it happens in bars.

Be natural. If they say something and a thought pops into your head...as long as it's not illegal...send it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a fan of flirting so flirting by text happens too! *wink wink
It just comes natural I would think and depends if it is reciprocated if one is interested.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I always liked to say "by the way, I am flirting with you now."
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I always liked to say "by the way, I am flirting with you now."
Direct and to the point. Love it.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea what I do but it's probably cheesy. I know when I first met my husband I used to send him messages asking about his workouts and 'you must have amazing muscles', lol.

If it's a cold text (with no prior texting) I usually just send something quite friendly and chatty. I gauge my future texts on their response.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettertodaddy View Post
Direct and to the point. Love it.
Life is short and being coy is just way too time consuming.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

*Is my kitchen pig done her chores yet?*

Gets me going every single time.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

I flirt a lot, by accident.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
I flirt a lot, by accident.
Me too!!! Most times, what I see as being "just me," others see as flirting.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
LesboNascarFan

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

LesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST ReputationLesboNascarFan Has the BEST Reputation

I love to flirt via text. And it is nice to flirt text back and forth while working. Makes the day alot more interesting.

And as a lot of the responses has said just be yourself and just say what pops in your head...go with the flow of the conversation.
LesboNascarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LesboNascarFan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I once practiced my flirts in the mirror, and I immediately fell hard for my smooth charming ways... me've been happy together ever since
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
But, a longgggggg time ago, when i was single and stuff and was getting to know someone, it was sometimes difficult to pick up on the "is he/she flirting or just being friendly" text and not sure how to take it. Without seeing the face, sorta like online, it's not as obvious.
A butch once told me that the femme should know instinctively when the flirt turns serious. I said, "How in the world would she know that if you didn't tell her?"

So how do we know, hmmm?
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeah. Flirting via text messages can be fun, flirty and smoking hot. Innuendos and double entendres make for some pretty hot stuff. I personally enjoy that kind of flirting when done right
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
A butch once told me that the femme should know instinctively when the flirt turns serious. I said, "How in the world would she know that if you didn't tell her?"

So how do we know, hmmm?
Exactly. Without seeing the person it is hard to know IMO. That's why i say i text things that could be taken two different ways....WHEN it gets to the point of wondering.

Also, it's not a pick up line. I'm talking about texting with people you know or are getting to know as the OP says "flirting" and perhaps have been friends awhile. It's the transition to taking it to the next step that leaves many wondering what this or that means.

It's fun though and all part of the dance....

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: