femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Abandoned Rides: Old Cars, Reclaimed by Nature

Some stunning images:

Photo credit:
http://www.peterlippmann.com/

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #42
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Just a reminder that if these pictures aren't taken by you and you don't attribute the photographer of the pictures you're stealing their work.

Me and other urbexer friends have had our work stolen regularly. There's even been folks passing other's pictures off as their own. Copyright is serious stuff folks.

Awww Dapper
It's the same principle when your tangible work is stolen. Like my drawing portfolio, pottery, beads (handmade) etc. Which is why I don't want to work in a publicly accessible studio anymore.

Funny story.

I was sitting at my booth at a craft show, a young woman comes up to me..."omg, you're the lady that makes the beautiful Goddesses... I take them with me everywhere!!! let me show you..." she runs off and returns with her purse/tote with several of my stolen items... "The BIG ones are at home, I love them, my boyfriend bought them for me!!!"

I smiled and replied, "Really? How sweet of him." And lo and behold she brought him over later to show him off. Now I know where all my porcelain is also. He was a fellow student in my classes. Needless to say, he could not look me in the eye.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #43
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I have not taken any of these pic Myself. Got these off of Google so don't know who the photographers are...

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #44
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Daktari,

Another point of view might be that if the piece is not protected (ungrabbable, watermarked, signed, copyrighted, etc) and it is on the web, then it is being shared…deliberately so. I have photos that I am totally cool with sharing, particularly ones of nature and the environment.

I regularly encounter photos that are protected one way or another and don’t use them. I see images where there are literally hundreds of the same image all from different websites and I can't find where they are from. Others are obviously not for public use. If I see that someone is selling their image I bounce away and don’t use it. I’m not interested in stealing.

People post pictures as gifts to each other all over this website giving joy to each other. I am wondering why you just decided to speak to me and Sleepy Butch. With all the picture posting that goes on here on the Planet, including on your visitor page, I'm wondering what this is really about...
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #45
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Abandoned home in Havana.

The Paris Time Capsule Apartment The owner of this apartment, Mrs. De Florian left Paris just before the rumblings of World War II broke out in Europe.
She closed up her shutters and left for the South of France, never to return to the city again. Seven decades later she passed away at the age of 91.
It was only when her heirs enlisted professionals to make an inventory of the Parisian apartment she left behind, that this time capsule was finally unlocked.

Books decaying on shelves in an abandoned castle in Spain.
Castel du CJ by Martino ~ NL on Flickr.

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #46
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
I have not taken any of these pic Myself. Got these off of Google so don't know who the photographers are...

On google images there is always a link to the original page where often the artist can be found.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #47
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Default Seaside Ghost Town:

The Abandoned Millionaire’s Resort

Varosha was home to over 39,000 residents but today the holiday town is completely fenced off, forbidding anyone from entering. No tourists roam the streets except for the rare brave explorer who dares find a way in.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/0...naires-resort/

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #48
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Starlite Drive-In Theatre in Schertz, Texas

By the red door.
Photo and caption by Ben Halpin
Found this at an abandoned building in Door County Wisconsin. It looked like it could've been an old motel at one point in it's life. I would love to go back and pry that red refrigerator door off and put it on my wall.

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

hunny!!! that starlite one, do you know where it is?? I grew up in schertz texas during my high school years, and i've NEVER seen that. I'd like to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmeInterrupted View Post

Starlite Drive-In Theatre in Schertz, Texas

By the red door.
Photo and caption by Ben Halpin
Found this at an abandoned building in Door County Wisconsin. It looked like it could've been an old motel at one point in it's life. I would love to go back and pry that red refrigerator door off and put it on my wall.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #50
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

http://video.us.msn.com/videos/watch...om=en-us_msnhp

I found this on the msn news headlines today, while looking through. I haven't watched the video yet, but the first picture was neat. was an abandoned amusement park in beijin, so i read. Nifty-ness
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #51
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Default Ospedale Pedagogico di Aguscello

This small hospital is surrounded with rumors of being haunted by the ghosts of “insane” children, the nuns who supposedly tortured them, and even a burial site on the grounds.
It was originally a residence built circa 1870 and changed hands for a few years, until a Doctor Bernardi purchased it to be used as a Tuberculosis clinic. In 1940 it was sold to the Italian Red Cross (Croce Rossa),
who apparently treated young children with physical and mental illnesses (TB, epilepsy, etc). The institution reportedly closed in 1970.The institution reportedly closed in 1970.

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #52
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

http://www.opacity.us/image8918_playground.htm

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #53
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I took this picture in southern Iceland. The landscape there changes fast. Think your back yard is a grassy rolling field? Think again!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #54
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

awesome thread - I used to really love this stuff - back in livejournal days I really enjoyed the rural ruin and urban decay communities. I used to go into abandoned houses out around here in the country just to take photos, but I haven't done that since I fell through the floor of one, then realized the whole corner of the front room was a massive and active beehive. ack! But maybe it's time to start exploring again.

I took this photo somewhere between Nacodoches and Austin several years ago. I don't remember the rest of the house that well, but there was a grave right up against it.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #55
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Something an insect abandoned:

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #56
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

This place has been cleaned out since I took these, and there are now no trespassing signs all around it. It never had any indoor plumbing and was built in the late 1800s. It's behind a cemetery and in front of the railroad tracks just on the north edge of Holland, Texas. The last person to live there was an old woman named Pacha, and her descendents seem to have not been able to agree on what to do with the house since her passing. This house was one of my lotto dreams for a long time.

I can't find my pics of the outside of the house from before the clean-up, but here's the outside:

And this is what I can find of the insides - before the clean-up:

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #57
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Default Abandoned and for Sale!

i would live here!

http://www.messynessychic.com/2012/0...omes-for-sale/

Imagine converting old cinema converted into a home?!
The Tivoli Theater stands as one of Owen County’s most recognizable landmarks.
Constructed in 1928 by E.M. Viquesney, famed artist of “The American Doughboy” sculpture, the Tivoli is the only example of Mission Revival architecture in the county.
Original exterior elements include stucco, stylized parapet, clay tile pent roofs, and second-floor balconies and arched windows.
Original theater space elements include the stage, wood seats, and decorative plaster moldings, architectural features and sculptural figures.
Small street-level commercial space and second-floor apartment provide additional income potential.
The approximate square footage is 5500. Extensive roof repairs completed in 2008.

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #58
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Default 10 Creepy, Beautiful Modern Ruins

http://www.thecoolist.com/abandoned-places-10-creepy-beautiful-modern-ruins/

In the United States, few cities have felt the burn of urban decay more than Detroit.
To capture its slow fade into history, photographers Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre explored some of Detroit’s dying landmarks for their photo series The Ruins of Detroit.
As the industrial revolution came to a close and race riots crippled a once bustling city, many buildings throughout Detroit fell into disrepair and eventual abandonment.
Today, visitors to Detroit can experience two sides of the city– the revitalized, re-invested downtown area, and the high-rises and industrial complexes which crumble around it.

Under the busy streets of New York City rests a perfectly preserved monument to that city’s transportation history.
The City Hall Subway Station was first constructed over 100 years ago, a part of New York’s earliest underground transport network.
It was shut down in 1945, where it lay dormant and untouched until a one night public exhibition on the station’s centennial.
NYCSubway.org and photographer Fred Guenther have documented this event with a great collection of photos, showing this amazing abandoned place in all its pristine, untouched glory.

During the Second World War, the British Royal Navy constructed a series of sea forts for an advanced line of defense against inbound air raids and potential sea invasions from the Axis powers.
The Maunsell Sea Forts still stand today, silent and abandoned a few meters above the North Sea.
One, however, remains inhabited, now a nation of its own referred to as the Principality of Sealand.
These sea forts are a favorite of maritime explorers, a lonely collection of stilted fortresses not far off the coast of eastern England.
[see more photos of the Maunsell Sea Forts by slimmer jimmer]

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #59
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Off the shores of Alexandria, the city of Alexander the Great, lies what is believed to be the ruins of the royal quarters of Cleopatra.
A team of marine archaeologists led by Frenchman Franck Goddio made excavations on this ancient city from where Cleopatra, the last queen of the Ptolemies, ruled Egypt.
Historians believe this site was submerged by earthquakes and tidal waves more than 1,600 years ago.

The excavations concentrated on the submerged island of Antirhodus. Cleopatra is said to have had a palace there.
Other discoveries include a well-preserved shipwreck and red granite columns with Greek inscriptions.
Two statues were also found and were lifted out of the harbour.
One was a priest of the goddess Isis; the other a sphinx whose face is said to represent Cleopatra's father, King Ptolemy XII.
The artifacts were returned to their silent, because the Egyptian Government says it wants to leave most of them in place to create an underwater museum.

Read more at http://www.oddee.com/item_96695.aspx...StmRs4O5oUg.99

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following User Says Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #60
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Default Underwater City

2 ancient cities in China were drowned in 1959 by a man-made lake and were forgotten about until discovered in 2001 by a tourist diving company.
The cities remain intact and in good condition.

The city of Shi cheng under water. (Photo: Chinese National Geography)

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2012/05...-lake-and.html

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post: