Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #1201
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a good gym day! I got in a little over an hour and torched a little over 400 calories. Weeee!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #1202
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

This is very shallow however, here goes, watching Oscar pre show and if I'mhad amgoal for working out and developing my arms I want Robin Roberts arms,,, not really possible but a good reach
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #1203
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I usually go for a morning run but I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I did manage to stand in line for 10 minutes to purchase some cold and flu medicine.,.pretty much did me in.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #1204
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

Only twenty minutes of pilates and lots of stretching today. I got at least four solid hours of dancing in this weekend and my calves and hips are tight and tired!
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #1205
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

At gym, deciding whether to do cardio and machines. And swimming or swimming. Since I wont be able to swim for at least 3 weeks after surgery think I need to really get it in. Have to wait until 10 after classes clear out of pool. Relaxing and having smoothie at gym's café...I know, the land of the elite and privileged...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #1206
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I started out my day with yoga...it always makes me feel strong the entire day....

then I took about a mile long walk at the frozen but beautiful reservoir.....there were hills so the chill felt good and kept me from working up a sweat....
Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #1207
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I fly back to NYC tomorrow after about a month away, and I intend to pick up my exercise routine with joy, because it's such a life-affirming action.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 AM   #1208
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

This weekend, I'll be able to get back into the gym thankfully. I'm not an outside person on a good day, much less winter the way it's been around here. Today will be a manual labor day. I'll be sweeping and mopping a HUGE building.

Yay.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #1209
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

I've been doing pretty well with exercising and diet the last few weeks. Today I went to the gym and pounded out the cardio and did a good 35 minutes of hooping too. I am getting to that point I love again... where I feel weird if I don't get some physical activity done. so I'm hoping on well on track again...
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #1210
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I really had a big scare about my knees,I was playing pool then I could barely bend my knees or stand steady at the table,I haven't been near as active as I had been cause of arthritis plus my back has been giving me lots of problems.Where I haven't been hitting the workouts like I had I wasn't just slugging around either,but locking up wasn't in the future either.So I am back at working out and doing lots of stretching to keep my legs/knees lose,gotta use them or lose them is so right.Ya"ll keep up the good works.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #1211
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I went to the gym. It was the first pretty day in NYC in awhile so the gym was nice and empty, save for some of the regulars.

I did an hour on the Stair Master, an hour on the Arc Trainer, and then an hour of weight lifting, core exercises, and yoga.

I watched the John Waters' movie Serial Mom while on the cardio equipment. What a great movie.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #1212
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I did two hours on my exercycle today while I caught up on True Detective episodes.

I had the door to the balcony open and the air was like a dream. Of spring.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #1213
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I rode my exersier bike for a while,then wen't for a walk around the block then got home about time it started to rain.I did go to the grocery store for a few things so I just made it a long a walk as I could,when I got done putting the stuff away I took a nap.Today is one of those grey cloudy days that is fantastic for a good snooze.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #1214
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday was a banner day! I was off and felt pretty relaxed as I went to the gym. I spent a little over an hour there and wound up drinking my whole water bottle (I haven't done that in a while.....proves I worked extra hard).

My usual treadmill was out of order so I took the one directly behind it on the back of the treadmill row. I don't prefer that row because of the layout of the gym. My last home gym had the treadmills in the back so if you were on the back row, only the wall saw your tush wiggling and swinging. This gym is much smaller and has their cardio in the center of the building with the weight machines wrapped around, like a border. I tend to feel exposed when I work out and people are walking right behind me, which can sometimes affect my workout. Not yesterday, though.

It was time for a good one and I was ready and willing to put the effort in. I used the random program and started at level 7 and a speed of 1.8 mph, which I continuously bumped up as I warmed up. I wound up at 3.1 mph for my walking and climbing segments.

For those that haven't taken advantage of this feature on the treadmills they use, the random feature is just that....random. It'll move the incline up and down on its own and factor in rest periods for you whenever it feels like it. During those rest periods of an incline 1.5 and below, I took to doing sprints. They never lasted long.....a minute at the most and I ran between 5.0 and 5.8 mph....so I was getting adequate interval training in.

Throughout the workout, I bumped up the level a few times until I reached level 11. That gave me lots of climbing at 6.0 incline and up but still a handful of rest periods where the incline reduced to about 1.5 or so. I learned long ago not to do incline and speed at the same time, so I only ran during the low incline stages of the program and that worked out really well.

In the end, I was on it for 65 minutes, including warm up and down, and I wound up burning almost 500 calories and went nearly 4 miles. I am very happy with that workout.

Today I'm going to hit the gym after work and see how it goes. I might play with weights today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #1215
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

So happy to have had this "no plans" weekend. Glad BB and I are introverts and on the same page on this!

Today at the gym I did two hours on the Arc Trainer (Level 10, first hour: strength program, second hour: hill interval program); then a combined hour of weight lifting, abs, and stretching. I was left feeling very peaceful

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 05:15 AM   #1216
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday afternoon was good. I tend to not do as well, energy wise, in the afternoon and I could feel a little bit of a difference but I decided to push myself anyway. I think it was an appropriate gamble.

No weights. I hopped on ye ole mill of tread again. 65 minutes again, at that's the maximum for these machines. I chose the manual program and adjusted the incline and speed throughout.

I broke it down into 10 minute intervals.

first 10 = warm up and gradual increase of incline and speed, plus 2 minutes of continuous running for interval training purposes. 5.4 mph

second 10 = 2 minutes of continuous running @ 5.4 mph with walking speed of 3.1 mph and regularly changing incline levels from 1.5 to 6.0

third 10 = 3 minutes of continuous running @ 5.4 mph with walking speed of 3.2 mph and incline level changes from .5 to 6.0

fourth 10 = 2 minutes of continuous running @ 5.4 mph with walking speed of 3.2 mph and regularly changing incline levels from 1.0 to 4.5

fifth 10 = 2.5 minutes of continuous running @ 5.4 mph with walking speed of 3.2 mph and incline level changes from .5 to 6.0. I took the last 30 seonds and pushed it to 6.5 mph for an added burst and, frankly, to see if I could. It worked out and I felt okay, so I added another minute of continuous running @ 6.6 mph and then the last minute before the cooldown kicked in, I ran at 6.7 mph.

I knew I wasn't planning on any workouts today so I wanted to get a really good one in. This one did the job! If it weren't for lactic acid, I'd have done even more but this is good. Over 450 cal, a hair under 4 miles. Good work!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #1217
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

got to the gym today... worked out hard on my cardio... then went to my dance class tonite, worked up a good sweat at both!!!!
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #1218
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Yesterday I got in a solid 30 minutes of cardio then headed for the free weights for 20 minutes then I took a walk at varying speeds to round things out.So far no gimps or limps.I am thinking about getting some kettle balls and some rope so I can use it in place of sit ups,I read that it could be easy'r on the back than crunchie's or sit ups being that swinging the rope's up and down like a snake was good.Has anyone hear used these before?If so your thought's on this.Oh,I did butterfly kicks for ten minutes..I can really feel that one in a good way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #1219
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Like going to gym at night while it is still light out. Hopefully will swim at least an hour. I seem to be having problems with my googles these days, Because of the shape of my face no matter what shapes or brand I get, I have to pull tight to create a seal. Then in the middle of swimming I readjust them and can never get them right. I am beginning to think that this is how I chipped a bone in my orbit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #1220
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmepacker View Post
Like going to gym at night while it is still light out. Hopefully will swim at least an hour. I seem to be having problems with my googles these days, Because of the shape of my face no matter what shapes or brand I get, I have to pull tight to create a seal. Then in the middle of swimming I readjust them and can never get them right. I am beginning to think that this is how I chipped a bone in my orbit

Do you think you should maybe get a bone density test?

Tags
exercise, weights