Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 11-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #61
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning!

The holiday weekend slides away too quickly, as usual! We spent the holiday with my ex-husband and my daughters, which was interesting.

We spent time yesterday doing a "little" shopping. A trip for a bathtub hair-catcher thing turned into a purchasing extravaganza. I love my new dishes, though . We also went to see "Old Dogs," again with the ex and one daughter. I expected it to be funny, but it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.

After a little cleanup today, my daughters (17 and 22) and older daughter's boyfriend will be over to put up the tree, play with the Wii, and have pizza.

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #62
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

evening Lofters ...
hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.
as for me............ ** whimpering here** im still trying to get rid of this chest cold thing.
i been coughing and coughing....... tried hot showers.. hot tea.. honey .. why wont it get rid of this ahhhh stuff in my chest.. its making my throat sore

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #63
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good morning!

: We also went to see "Old Dogs," again with the ex and one daughter. I expected it to be funny, but it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.
I just read that this got terrible reviews
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #64
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I just read that this got terrible reviews
There are some really good movies out right now, so this one wouldn't necessarily be your first pick, I agree. It did get terrible reviews by the critics. The "people" gave it good reviews, though. There was a big disparity between the two. We checked it out after we saw it, just out of curiosity. It was really the only pick that we could agree on with my daughter. I'm glad we didn't read the reviews because I think we wouldn't have gone to see it. I feel that movies with comedians aren't always as funny as they could be, but Robin Williams and John Travolta didn't disappoint us.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #65
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm lofty. That is all.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #66
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Turino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST Reputation

Can I tell you all that I totally freaked out just now looking at the title Fine Wine: Folks over 50 and realized I belong here now..

hold me while I give a Fine Whine

Turino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turino For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #67
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turino View Post
Can I tell you all that I totally freaked out just now looking at the title Fine Wine: Folks over 50 and realized I belong here now..

Welcome to the land of fine wines and beautiful women!

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #68
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Lofters, just in for second to say hey. I'm burning the midnight oil. Everyone have a great rest of the week.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 AM   #69
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

**giggling here** why are u so cute??? LOL ..

good morning Lofters

im soo tired of coughing and hacking wish something would give so i can get some relief..
its bk to work today.. yeha..
annnnnnnnd its snowing here.. oh boy.
hope everyone has a good day.

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #70
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It's amazing how quickly it happens...
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #71
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

mawning lofters..
welp.... i have landed here in NJ land.. got bk to work after a long thanksgiving weekend... and on top of it been pretty sick... wish i could of stayed home and rested a bit more........ but someones gotta make the doughnuts..
getting better though 1 day at a time....

Old 12-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #72
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Last night, at my last walk of the evening with Jack (my dog) my body was aching slightly...could this be the dreaded *cold in my bones* pains that I heard my mother talk about as she aged? I want to rebel!

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #73
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
Last night, at my last walk of the evening with Jack (my dog) my body was aching slightly...could this be the dreaded *cold in my bones* pains that I heard my mother talk about as she aged? I want to rebel!
stretch....a lot....before you walk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #74
Petal Soft

I remember taking stuff to my Dad to show him and him moving my hand further away to try focus on it, I always thought it made him seem old and doddery somehow......now I do it all the time to my children!!

~~~Petal~~~
Old 12-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #75
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

46 - although I don't feel it, and rarely act it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
...I still stay up until all hours of the night, but I'm much more of a homebody than I ever used to be and I rarely drink or go out to bars anymore. I truly have no interest in dealing with anyone who tries to bring drama or chaos into my life. If you don't like your life or the way you feel, work on it. I've worked hard to overcome a lot in my life and I expect others to try to do the same.
...It's been hard but I've learned a lot about myself, including how strong I am. I think most of us at this age start to really understand ourselves.

I stay up late too - surfing or watching tv. I was never one for going out to bars but even when I do now I tend to be the designated driver.
I hear you on the drama and chaos! I'm posting less and less at a different site simply because of someone like that.
I'm more likely to just walk away than argue over something meaningless. And I'm less forgiving or tolerant - if someone lies or steals I will cut them off and not think twice and not feel guilty - while a few years ago I would have angsted over it and ended up putting up with crappy behaviour like that.

Quote:
I feel the cold more now. I wear slippers because the tile in the kitchen is too cold. I pull a blanket over me when I'm watching tv because I feel a draft from the patio door. And what about the whole walking thing??? When did that start!? I've never had much of a figure (or maybe it is too much??) but now I walk for my health. That is so strange.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #76
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
am with u ........... i wanna rebel too... lol

hey ya lofters ....... landed here near the Charlotte NC area..
visited with one of my best friends i grew up with she adopted a new horse... and omg.. he is sooooooooooo cute........... a mini 28" tall.. i will post pix soon as i get them down loaded off my camera

speaking of the going out verse staying at home topic.....
i find that as i have grown older i go out less.... i dont drink much .. i do like a beer now and then but hell...... im lucky if i drink 1 or 2 out of a month.
i spend all this time on the road. when i go home you would think id run off to the gay bars to see friends..... which i would.. or do...... but its very rare... these days... i just wanna stay home and veg out in front of the TV..

Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #77
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petal Soft View Post
I remember taking stuff to my Dad to show him and him moving my hand further away to try focus on it, I always thought it made him seem old and doddery somehow......now I do it all the time to my children!!

~~~Petal~~~
I feel your pain ~~ I gave in today and made the appt with the eye doc...I feel bifocals coming on.

Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #78
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
evening Lofters ...
hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.
as for me............ ** whimpering here** im still trying to get rid of this chest cold thing.
i been coughing and coughing....... tried hot showers.. hot tea.. honey .. why wont it get rid of this ahhhh stuff in my chest.. its making my throat sore

Did you send your cold to my house because 2 of us have been suffering the same way as you. I can actually feel your pain all the way over here. i hope as of today, since my post is days after you posted that you're feeling much better.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #79
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I'm lofty. That is all.

You look lofty with that whip.....that is all.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #80
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Did you send your cold to my house because 2 of us have been suffering the same way as you. I can actually feel your pain all the way over here. i hope as of today, since my post is days after you posted that you're feeling much better.
ha well that is sort of an old post....... i ended up in the ER early sunday morning..... anyways... im taking some antibitocs and doing a bit better.. still have some coughing thats seems to be hangin around..... but chest doesnt rattle like it was.... or wheez
and on that note im headed for bed....... hope u 2 get to feeling better

Tags
age, good news for once, mature