Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-31-2016, 10:01 PM   #5841
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I think I like the easiness and simplicity of using the New Year as a clean slate. All I know is Lyte better come through because the wild card newbie always makes me nervous
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
It sounds good to me. I'm wondering if six months is maybe too long? I wonder how everyone else feels about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I agree with the ease of how it is now.
Quote:
I am in agreement with Gemme, in the part I bolded!

Having it be 6 months would be difficult..as someone would have to keep track and wranglers would have to be diligent & help keep up with whom was late. This would be very difficult I would think as we have different wranglers, and not always same participants..so how would it be handled to be true....

Meanwhile, are we having fun yet? I am...a bit crosseyed BUT having fun nonetheless!!

Let's color!
I agree that the current way may be easier but it's definitely not fair. I'm more concerned with being fair than being easy, honestly, now that we've tested this for a full year.

Georgia, I'm not married to the 6 months. What would you suggest?

The late rule has always been contingent on the honesty of the wrangler, which has wavered from time to time. Some people may want to gloss over it or feel bad for someone who didn't get their work in on time but those people may not remember or understand WHY we implemented the rule in the first place. There are still projects that are floating around out there, somewhere....maybe in a landfill for all I know.

I wouldn't mind a bit of record keeping if it works out that way but I'm not fully comfortable with it how it is now so I'm asking for some other options. Anyone have any?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 04:34 AM   #5842
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I also like the ease of the current system but do understand how it has the potential to be unfair. I think if someone were willing to do the bookkeeping behind keeping track of those who are banned for a determined amount of time it could work. We'd have to come to a consensus on how long we wanted to restrict people. I'll refrain from commenting on that since I am a person in question who dropped out of a project.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #5843
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I also like the ease of the current system but do understand how it has the potential to be unfair. I think if someone were willing to do the bookkeeping behind keeping track of those who are banned for a determined amount of time it could work. We'd have to come to a consensus on how long we wanted to restrict people. I'll refrain from commenting on that since I am a person in question who dropped out of a project.
That doesn't have anything to do with it. In January, everyone's even Steven again and that is when any changes would kick in.

What were you thinking?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #5844
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I guess that the more I think about it, even though it is easier to just think of the end of the year as a fresh start, I can see your point about how it makes more sense to just give each person Who doesn't follow through with the project or deadline six months. I also agree that honesty by the wrangler is paramount. And it is true that people who have not been participating in this thread for years do not know how The group projects were so often sabotaged without clear rules in place and consequences that were real and enforced.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 05:45 AM   #5845
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I also agree that obviously the new rule would start only in the beginning of 2017 and would not relate to any projects that took place during 2016.

How do I... ?
Old 11-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #5846
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Thanks for the input!

[COLOR="yellowgreen"]I agree that the current way may be easier but it's definitely not fair. I'm more concerned with being fair than being easy, honestly, now that we've tested this for a full year.

Georgia, I'm not married to the 6 months. What would you suggest?

The late rule has always been contingent on the honesty of the wrangler, which has wavered from time to time. Some people may want to gloss over it or feel bad for someone who didn't get their work in on time but those people may not remember or understand WHY we implemented the rule in the first place. There are still projects that are floating around out there, somewhere....maybe in a landfill for all I know.

I wouldn't mind a bit of record keeping if it works out that way but I'm not fully comfortable with it how it is now so I'm asking for some other options. Anyone have any?[/COLOR]
I have read all the input & bolded..again..part of gemme's post!!

I am willing to help keep this running smoothly!! I was wondering if we could manage a 3 month pause for 1 week lateness after project deadline....again, I am just mulling this over. I will help keep the records in any way I can....cause I am helpful boi like that!!

I would like to see each participant keep tabs on the thread regularly for any new posts, updates, etc......cause sometimes, the tides change...

Above all, 2017 is a brand new year & everyone has a clean slate, even steven, so to speak.

I just want us to all enjoy this forum & have fun!!!!! I like to have fun!!!!

Thank you to everyone whose posting ideas, suggestions, etc. Have an awesome day!!
Old 11-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #5847
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

.....just wading in on the subject at hand ...... as you know my CD package did not arrive (on time) and I have stepped back until the beginning of the year - I own it. Not that I would have necessarily participated during the past few months but if this had happened to me in January or February, it would be a long 'time-out'. Just sayin'!

Regarding the housekeeping of who is not able to participate if the system changes to a specific length of time ..... I would prefer the participant say something like "I am not able to continue on this project and I am aware I am not able to participate in another project until Month Day, Year."(This would be XX months AFTER the final arrival-to-the-Wrangler date). I think we would be able to find this info in a search should we need to.

Just my 2 cents!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 08:05 AM   #5848
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default posting an idea from nanners as she asked me to & isn't able to post from work OR use colors in her fonts!!

This is some suggestions/ideas/thoughts from nanners, she asked me to post for her!
Sure hope I am conveying this correctly for my friend, if not I will own it...

Thanks for making me look at this in a whole different light nanners!!

What about instead of looking at months, how about going by say, 3 projects to have to sit out participating? It would be the responsibility of the participant to know when that time frame is up & be able to participate again...still could be someone who wants to keep up with this as well.

This is an excellent suggestion.

Anyone else?
Old 11-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #5849
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default ETA to previous post...

nanners was thinking that with some of the projects that go several weeks out, the participant may only miss 2 projects, if one runs say 6 weeks each as several of ours has.

Sure hope I am conveying this correctly...nanners will be along after work, I am certain, to clarify...
Old 11-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #5850
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
That doesn't have anything to do with it. In January, everyone's even Steven again and that is when any changes would kick in.

What were you thinking?
I didn't have anything brilliant.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 01:14 PM   #5851
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Arrow So This be it......

Eight Projects are due to GeorgiaMa'am on or before Monday, 11/28. They are officially late and the late rule applies on Tuesday, 12/6.

1. GeorgiaMa'am
2. clay
3. Tommi
4. Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Gemme
7. nanners
8. Lyte
9. Besame

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #5852
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Talking

_________
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #5853
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Eight Projects are due to GeorgiaMa'am on or before Monday, 11/28. They are officially late and the late rule applies on Tuesday, 12/6.

1. GeorgiaMa'am
2. clay
3. Tommi
4. Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Gemme
7. nanners
8. Lyte
9. Besame

hey tommi...that be it!! Correcto Mondo

Remember to send $5 to Wrangler.........(helpful boi clay)....
Old 11-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #5854
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Crafting: the skill in doing or making something. To make or construct with care or ingenuity.

We all come here to be inspired. To try something new. Cross over our comfort zone to be creative. All of us take time and effort to complete a project. We understand, I hope we do, the guidelines of a certain project. The theme, the materials, the size...

We know the dates to start and finish. The cost of postage has been discussed. A sign up has occurred.

I feel we all are adults and we can monitor our selves. It's pretty cut and dry. I'm sure there are those who get frustrated. As those who get frustrated after completing a project to find out, one of those pieces will get mailed back to us.

I think we need to open the lines of communication wider. Are we on time? Take a roll call to see where everyone stands. And if, for what ever reason, there is an instance where a project is not going to be completed, a drop out, per say...it should be sooner than the weekend before it's due. Be mindful to others.

If there is a drop out, you need to monitor yourself for a time out.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #5855
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

1. GeorgiaMa'am
2. clay
3. Tommi
4. Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Gemme
7. nanners
8. Lyte
9. Besame

Be mindful, Thanksgiving happens before the due date 🦃🦃🦃.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #5856
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
.....just wading in on the subject at hand ...... as you know my CD package did not arrive (on time) and I have stepped back until the beginning of the year - I own it. Not that I would have necessarily participated during the past few months but if this had happened to me in January or February, it would be a long 'time-out'. Just sayin'!

Regarding the housekeeping of who is not able to participate if the system changes to a specific length of time ..... I would prefer the participant say something like "I am not able to continue on this project and I am aware I am not able to participate in another project until Month Day, Year."(This would be XX months AFTER the final arrival-to-the-Wrangler date). I think we would be able to find this info in a search should we need to.

Just my 2 cents!

Deb
I love this idea. Ownership is important because it doesn't just affect the person dropping out when they do so. It affects everyone who has already created projects/pieces and an acknowledgement of that would be helpful.

Quote:

This is some suggestions/ideas/thoughts from nanners, she asked me to post for her!
Sure hope I am conveying this correctly for my friend, if not I will own it...

Thanks for making me look at this in a whole different light nanners!!

What about instead of looking at months, how about going by say, 3 projects to have to sit out participating? It would be the responsibility of the participant to know when that time frame is up & be able to participate again...still could be someone who wants to keep up with this as well.

This is an excellent suggestion.

Anyone else?
This is good input, nanners (and clay)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I didn't have anything brilliant.
I don't need or want brilliant. I'd like something that makes sense and is fair. If you have something that might work, please let us know. Don't be shy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Crafting: the skill in doing or making something. To make or construct with care or ingenuity.

We all come here to be inspired. To try something new. Cross over our comfort zone to be creative. All of us take time and effort to complete a project. We understand, I hope we do, the guidelines of a certain project. The theme, the materials, the size...

We know the dates to start and finish. The cost of postage has been discussed. A sign up has occurred.

I feel we all are adults and we can monitor our selves. It's pretty cut and dry. I'm sure there are those who get frustrated. As those who get frustrated after completing a project to find out, one of those pieces will get mailed back to us.

I think we need to open the lines of communication wider. Are we on time? Take a roll call to see where everyone stands. And if, for what ever reason, there is an instance where a project is not going to be completed, a drop out, per say...it should be sooner than the weekend before it's due. Be mindful to others.

If there is a drop out, you need to monitor yourself for a time out.
If people could monitor themselves, we would not have needed the rules. You are super excellent at being aware of others and being considerate of others' time and efforts. Some participants have not been so kind.

A roll call is not a bad idea, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #5857
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Be mindful, Thanksgiving happens before the due date 🦃🦃🦃.
Yes, I did that on purpose so people could have Thanksgiving weekend to work on it if they really needed to.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #5858
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

RE: the new 2017 policy

I have mixed feelings about this, so if everybody wants to change it to a rolling scheduled time-out I am perfectly willing to go along with it.

I just have one point to add in favor of keeping it "clean slate at the beginning of the year". Our policy mostly worked in 2016. Ultimately, that is what we want. Since it is simpler to keep it at the beginning of the year, and since it did mostly work, we might want to consider keeping it.

I understand what you mean about it not being fair, Gemme, in that some people have longer time-out periods than others. However, we all have the choice when we sign up for a project of knowing what the consequences are. In my mind, that goes a long way toward making it fair in another sense - because we all agree to the rules/dates every time we sign up for a project.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 11-01-2016 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #5859
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I think lots of little rules might be too complicated. I guess in reading everyone's thoughts I lean towards Gemme's original idea of 6 mo. time out after a missed project. It equals things out but makes the rule have some power to it. I'm wary of having any less than six months because in the past we have seen the projects devolve into nothingness without a very clear and concise set of rules that apply to everyone.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #5860
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I also love Deb's idea that the person who misses the project MUST post that they missed the project and what date they are due back in so that all we have to do is scroll back. That also puts the responsibility where it should be. When people disappear after a missed project it's not too cool. I appreciate how CCB continued to participate in the thread. The rules are not about hating someone, just making the projects work.

How do I... ?

Tags
artists, creative types