pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Sunday is full of pharmacology.. 3 or 4 hours later 50% complete.. It's going to be a long haul the next few days..

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #62
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Yay - another RN student. I'm still working through my pre-reqs and hope to apply in a year or so. Keep posting your adventures please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
You so make me smile!
Thank you pretty lady, and coming from you, that's such a compliment!
i really do love what i do already, so going for Nursing only seems pretty right to me.. And i am so thankful for you & your offer to help.
Will so be calling you soon, by the way!
love to you both!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #63
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Hello students!

We had labs in school last week (Tuesday & Wednesday), which were fun. Bed baths, shaving, perineal care, feeding the patient, etc. We got to practice everything on one another, which felt awkward but gave us a sense of how the patient feels. (minus the perineal care, of course...she had a box full for us to practice with)

heh.

Next lab, catheters, elimination needs and vital signs! Don't be jealous!

Tests, the theory and assignments, i've been doing great with too.. Studying my butt off.. Between the dates Oct 15-23rd, i have 6 exams to write and 3 assignments due..

Medusa, congrats on the 99%, that's fantabulous!!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #64
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

School is going great!
For the next 2 weeks, it's clinical practicum.
Which means i get to test my nursing skills learned so far on actual patients!

i got to this morning for a few hours, it was wonderful.
It's hard to believe that my first semester is almost over with and i will be going into semester #2 after Christmas.

i don't think i'll ever feel balance, it's hectic and i'm balancing a lot of things at once.. But i have to give myself a pat on the back right now, because i am doing it, and pretty proud of how well i do, especially considering the challenges being thrown my way.. Mr Mtn has been wonderful, truly.. He even participated in a project with me, coached me and We wrote a report together to hand in.. He helps me with my Medical Terminology terms and reading them out to me.. And He really is so present, supportive and wonderful..

And He lets me ramble on about my day, and then says "And THAT is why i'm a cook, and You're the nurse..." heh.. ♥

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #65
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

So excited for you! I've been so nervous/upset about getting into RN school I didn't realize I was only 3 classes from applying!

I finish pharmacology and anthropology then I am probably being jumped into Anatomy 2 so that I'm with my cohort of friends. I'm really excited to apply. It is the culmination if years of classes and tears and deadlines.

Cheers and here's to getting through the rest of fall semester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

School is going great!
For the next 2 weeks, it's clinical practicum.
Which means i get to test my nursing skills learned so far on actual patients!

i got to this morning for a few hours, it was wonderful.
It's hard to believe that my first semester is almost over with and i will be going into semester #2 after Christmas.

i don't think i'll ever feel balance, it's hectic and i'm balancing a lot of things at once.. But i have to give myself a pat on the back right now, because i am doing it, and pretty proud of how well i do, especially considering the challenges being thrown my way.. Mr Mtn has been wonderful, truly.. He even participated in a project with me, coached me and We wrote a report together to hand in.. He helps me with my Medical Terminology terms and reading them out to me.. And He really is so present, supportive and wonderful..

And He lets me ramble on about my day, and then says "And THAT is why i'm a cook, and You're the nurse..." heh.. ♥

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #66
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw this thread.. i am a student as well. I have 6 more classes to finish before i get my Associates in Computer Technology. I am going thru the University of Phoenix online, and i have to be honest, i struggle a lot with online learning only. With my life, it is hard to focus and do well and i often feel like giving up. I see that there are so many who are going back for their Masters, and i just shake my head in awe.. how? i wanna do that too.. but.. how?
The Following User Says Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #67
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
captured....

One class at a time. Academics is a game of perseverance and no one I know will tell you online learning is easy, it's in fact harder than traditional classes as I think you know. Keep at it - don't give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
I just saw this thread.. i am a student as well. I have 6 more classes to finish before i get my Associates in Computer Technology. I am going thru the University of Phoenix online, and i have to be honest, i struggle a lot with online learning only. With my life, it is hard to focus and do well and i often feel like giving up. I see that there are so many who are going back for their Masters, and i just shake my head in awe.. how? i wanna do that too.. but.. how?

Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #68
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Pinkie I am also taking my pre reqs for my RN I'm taking A and P 1 this semester and English 102....then have to take micro and nutrtition....but in the meantime I am applying to an LPN program.. ( I went halfway through many moons ago) If I get into that, I will just do the "bridge" thing they have for LPN to RN.....either way it's a better career than I currently have!

Glad to see so many fellow future nurses!!

PS. My school doesn't LET you take pharmacology until you are IN the RN program. I find that ridiculous since it's a class unto itself...much like A and P....I would suggest to all other future nurses getting the handy dandy med flash cards and just pick a a drug or two a week to learn really well.....that way you are familiar with med names and schedules before you get in the course. I am studying for my A and P NOW and it's not starting till end of January! Good to be prepared.....

PS2 Thanks god for flash cards!
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #69
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Pinkie I am also taking my pre reqs for my RN I'm taking A and P 1 this semester and English 102....then have to take micro and nutrtition....but in the meantime I am applying to an LPN program.. ( I went halfway through many moons ago) If I get into that, I will just do the "bridge" thing they have for LPN to RN.....either way it's a better career than I currently have!

Glad to see so many fellow future nurses!!

PS. My school doesn't LET you take pharmacology until you are IN the RN program. I find that ridiculous since it's a class unto itself...much like A and P....I would suggest to all other future nurses getting the handy dandy med flash cards and just pick a a drug or two a week to learn really well.....that way you are familiar with med names and schedules before you get in the course. I am studying for my A and P NOW and it's not starting till end of January! Good to be prepared.....

PS2 Thanks god for flash cards!

Baby

Ur one of the smartest pl I know ur going to do great in school and a GREAT nurse. Oh I have this thing I need a nurse for
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #70
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

A M A Z I N G!

The textbooks, the modules, the labs, the assignments. i love learning!
But, my first clinical experience was seriously AMAZING.
i got to practice my skills on real patients, residents of a nursing home.
my classmates and i got split up between five different nursing homes and had 2 weeks with our own patients.

i was nervous, scared but excited! These last 2 weeks have solidified how much i want this and how hard i will work for this. i am maintaining great grades despite balancing work hours and taking care of a home & 2 teenagers. It's not easy, but i'm doing it..& retaining it, & rocking it!

On the last day of clinical, i was asked so many questions and drilled so much about my patients care plan and diagnosis. i had to stop, close my eyes, breathe deep and say within 'you've got this syl.' i am so excited for my next clinical at the hospital. i am sooo looking forward to this one because i would love to be an emerg nurse when all is said and done.

But, in the meantime, i have so many assignments and exams to do between today and December 14. Wheeee!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #71
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i am *so* anxious for second semester to start.
i have resorted to hauling out my textbooks from first semester, and am reading, organizing notes on the laptop and printing them off..

First semester went really well. i am content with my overall marks.

Medical Terminology - 95%
Nursing Concepts - 91%
Elder Nursing - 87%
Healthy Living - 92%
Anatomy & Physiology - 93%
Interpersonal Communications - 95%

So overall average of 93% .
my clinical experiences were so wonderful too.
i did 2 weeks at a Nursing home and then one week in December at the hospital. Once second semester starts, i have one week at the hospital again in January in geriatrics, and then 2 weeks at the hospital again in March, in acute care.

Then, my preceptorship in April!
Anxious to get my full course load though, i need new stuff to tackle!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #72
trixie

How Do You Identify?:
independent spinster lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
she-ra, princess of power
Relationship Status:
one is the magic number

trixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputation

For all you Nursing/A&P students:

http://speedanatomy.com/

Super fun anatomy game. Ok, I might be a geek, but trrrrry it. They have free versions. I started playing it on my morning bus commute. I've learned to identify a surprising amount of body parts considering I'm NOT a Nursing student.
trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #73
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Wheee, much good news this week.

1/ i applied to transfer into the PN program last semester, and there was one seat available and out of all applicants i got the seat. i transferred right in to start second semester with them last week. It's overwhelming & much more work, but i know i can do this, because i WANT this. my goal was to be an LPN and now i am on my way! -big smile-

It means an extra year of studies for me, before heading to the US & i'll take it how i can get it. This means such big things for Us, We're excited & happy!

2/ GPA of 4.0 last semester, how tickled i am over that.
3/ AND got selected to win a scholarship and attending the awards dinner at the end of this month. SO grateful!

Semester 2 has begun and i am surrounded in homework & stress but lovin' it.. i am much more organized this semester than i was last.

This semester:
Patient Focused Care
Medical Surgical Nursing Skills (&Labs)
Pathophysiology
Health Care

& of course, various Clinicals which i always look forward to!

The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #74
odd_boi_out

How Do You Identify?:
transmasculine, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
they
Relationship Status:
Single

odd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputation

Cool, other students! I'm a student, too. I'm getting my masters degree in social work, and I'll be graduating in June, which I'm simultaneously excited and terrified about. Anyhow, here's what I'm taking this quarter:

Community Mapping (GIS)
Program Evaluation Research
Substance Abuse Intervention
Health Disparities, Health Equity, and Sexual Minority Populations

And then my internship at a teen crisis line.

It's going to be a great quarter, I think!
odd_boi_out is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to odd_boi_out For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #75
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I am having so much fun in my pastry classes, this semester. All the people in the cooking groups that I am in are very good to work with. The foods are delicious, as well, and I am learning a lot!
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #76
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Thought I would get this party started again as many of us are going into Fall semester either for the first year or ongoing years.
I'm doing a Masters in Public Administration and this will be my first semester. I already received my syllabus and have five assignments due this next week already. They are not playing! lol...

curious to know what everyone else is studying, etc...
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
student