Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #201
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Here is another website that I thought was interesting. I love my nonfat Vanilla latte's from Starbucks and I just saw where it has 37g of Carbs and 35g of which are sugar...So now, I am going to opt for a plain ol' latte which has 19g of Carbs......Even brewed coffee has more caffeine in it than, the Starbucks latte's.

Enjoy!

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks...ize=42&milk=61

Zimmy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #202
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Saw my weight loss doc this morning...it was nice not being being stuck with a zillion needles or the other horrid things I've been trough over the last 2 weeks...Anyway...in the last month I lost only 6.1 lbs. Was very disappointed because I know I had lost more than this because of the way my clothes fit.

My doctor gave me his "Illness" handout and I will share it here:

ILLNESS

MYTH: When you're sick, you lose weight.

TRUTH: Most dieters fain weight after an illness.

Why? Multiple reasons fight against your success:

1 - You eat too few calories, slowing your metabolism.

2 - When you feel better, you eat too many calories, making things worse.

3 - While sick, you eat all the wrong foods: crackers, noodle soup, starches, etc.

4 - You stop exercising.

5 - You stop taking your meds.

Some patients have the added problems:

- Their doctor put them on prednisone which causes weight gain.

- They lose momentum and get discouraged.

Remember, this is nothing more than a small setback in a long journey. You are going to be successful in the big pictire. Time to get your energy up and get back to healthy living. You deserve it.

As for me...I'd stopped eating for a while, then went for the starchy things like Wheat Thins - also beverages containing sugar, i.e. ginger ale, juice, apple cider, didn't exercise because I couldn't breathe (still not 100% at this), stopped my meds more or less and on top of all this the doc treating my flu put me on steroids and a boatload of other meds to help me breathe, etc. So in reality I did better than I should have with the 6.1 lbs.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #203
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ellipticals (cross posted from "Do you work out", thread)

Hi, folks!

I am in the market for a new elliptical.

I am looking at either the Livestrong 10.0 or the Sole E25 (possible 35).

I can't decide which "feel" I like better when I have tried them in the stores.

The 10.0 has a slightly heavier flywheel and maybe 2 more programs, so they are comparable.

Price is the same.

What I like about the Livestrong is the Q-factor is 0, while the Q-factor of the Sole is 2. For those that don't know, this means that the pedals are closer together on the Livestrong, which they say is more similar to the natural way we walk. I believe that most ellipticals have a 2 on the Q-factor. I have never used an elliptical before, so I don't know which would be more comfortable/if this is an issue for users.

Questions:

1) Has anyone ever used either of these machines?

2) Has anyone ever felt like the pedals should be closer together (assuming most machines are not at a 0 in Q-factor (whatever that stands for?) when using an elliptical?

I am going to cross post this on the healthy weight loss b/c I think that there are elliptical users there. I am assuming this is ok, Admin (Linus?), as it is not a discussion topic.

Also...sorry one more question. When at the store I was in running shoes. I kind of felt like my feet were sliding forward on all machines. I am wondering if this is common and also if people use cross trainers (remember those?), instead of running shoes due to this problem (since running shoes have a bit of a heel). I am planning on going back with a pair of cross trainers on my feet.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

ETA: I am off to work, so will check back later!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #204
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I answered you there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #205
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i need this thread..and this motivation... ♥
it's been quiet in here, so i've been reading over some posts i haven't read as well as some posts we were all posting awhile back..

i have been very discouraged from my healthy journey.. but, wanting to get back to it full force, again...

just curious, how everyone is making out with their healthy living these days?

bring me back up to speed with you all and i'll get motivated to do the same and get myself back in this, i really really need this! i'm tired of falling off my wagon LOL

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #206
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i need this thread..and this motivation... ♥
it's been quiet in here, so i've been reading over some posts i haven't read as well as some posts we were all posting awhile back..

i have been very discouraged from my healthy journey.. but, wanting to get back to it full force, again...

just curious, how everyone is making out with their healthy living these days?

bring me back up to speed with you all and i'll get motivated to do the same and get myself back in this, i really really need this! i'm tired of falling off my wagon LOL
Is this a form of exercise. Hmmmm

Hiya sylvie
Good to know I am not alone
. My exercise routine has been trashed, severely curtailed for almost month due to a road trip I'm on for work.. I was on a steady weight loss with what I was doing, over 28 pounds.

Now, i am stuck-> there is a dramatic impact when not exercising, and staying on that "plateau", minimal weight loss , even when eating totally healthy. I am in the car, and on the road while still dark, very early and getting home very late almost every nite.

So, knowing that, I know enough to eat healthy during the day, with a co-worker. We take a quick break away fro the firm we are at, find a veggie place for lunch, then back to the company until past dinner time. Then in the car for an hour and 1/2 ride home. I have been having Cheerio's alot (for breakfast and dinner) and homemade veggie soup I make on the weekend and freeze, then heat up for din din, We get salads or fish at lunch.

I think I just need to bite the bullet and get back to swimming and walking every day either at 5AM or 7PM..in order to get back to the weight loss I was having. I have all the exercise suff right here at home too, so, guess I have to get motivated to do more than go to WW every Sat AM and verify I am not gaining.

Okay sylvie,thanks for the reminder, and as of today, I am getting back on board the Healthy Weigh Loss thread. Spending less time on laying here and more time being "Physical"

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #207
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Is this a form of exercise. Hmmmm

Hiya sylvie
Good to know I am not alone
. My exercise routine has been trashed, severely curtailed for almost month due to a road trip I'm on for work.. I was on a steady weight loss with what I was doing, over 28 pounds.

Now, i am stuck-> there is a dramatic impact when not exercising, and staying on that "plateau", minimal weight loss , even when eating totally healthy. I am in the car, and on the road while still dark, very early and getting home very late almost every nite.

So, knowing that, I know enough to eat healthy during the day, with a co-worker. We take a quick break away fro the firm we are at, find a veggie place for lunch, then back to the company until past dinner time. Then in the car for an hour and 1/2 ride home. I have been having Cheerio's alot (for breakfast and dinner) and homemade veggie soup I make on the weekend and freeze, then heat up for din din, We get salads or fish at lunch.

I think I just need to bite the bullet and get back to swimming and walking every day either at 5AM or 7PM..in order to get back to the weight loss I was having. I have all the exercise suff right here at home too, so, guess I have to get motivated to do more than go to WW every Sat AM and verify I am not gaining.

Okay sylvie,thanks for the reminder, and as of today, I am getting back on board the Healthy Weigh Loss thread. Spending less time on laying here and more time being "Physical"

Tommi, you rock !!!
and yw for the reminder, and thank you for your update and in turn giving ME some motivation too... You know, i also have everything i need right here at home, not to mention i pay for a monthly gym membership which is now not getting used..

i should be going at least twice a week, and i should be utlizing what i have here at home each day! and i should be pushing myself for walks here and there when time allows.. but, i haven't been either.. Much like you, ive been behaving for the most part foodwise.. so i know that plateau so very well...

i'm setting myself a goal of 20 lbs, starting right now.
Good for you, for keeping yourself on eating healthy.. When you are on the road and when life is busy, it's always SO much easier to go to the junkfoods and quick unhealthy meals or fast food, so i really think it's fab you've been doing so good that way!! YAY you!

Today i'm home sick, with a bit of pain so not sure a workout is a good idea for today but soon as i'm a 100% by tonight or tomorrow, i'm kicking it up a notch and getting my workouts in again..

i need a lil dude sitting on my shoulder hollaring at me to "get at it" with eating right AND exercise, that'd be some awesome motivation LOL... motivating oneself isn't always easy, eh!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #208
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been on a bit of a plateau too. Thankfully, I haven't gained more than a pound or two back. On the days that I work full shifts, I am not going to exercise. My job is pretty active and I'm in and outside all day. Working out when I come home is neither an option nor a choice at that point. I'm just too wiped out and I don't want to spend any of my 3-4 hours before bed doing anything that resembles work.

However, there's no reason for me not to take advantage of my days off or even the half days that I work. I chalk it up to laziness, pure and simple.

At this point in the game, I know what I should be eating and both Ebon and I do tend to, for the most part, lean towards healthier fare nowadays. But I don't get as frustrated with myself about my little slip ups or outright carb fests as much as I did before. I've opted to take a month off from my food journal, to test myself and to see where I am at in terms of healthy eating.

I'm still 20 lbs. down and ahead of the game and my body feels comfortable at this weight. I do need to work on toning though. I have more jiggle than Jello.

I just do the best I can at that moment. Some moments are better than others and some choices are better than others. To not stop trying is the key.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #209
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree with you all that exercise is really helpful when trying to lose weight aggressively. For maintaining I think less will be needed, but I am not there yet. For me getting out and about is much easier than trying to work out at home, I do my resistance at home, but it is very efficient and doesn't take much time. My beach ramblings have gradually gone from 5 miles a day to 8-10, unless it is pouring rain and then it's less but I still get out. It is the thing I enjoy and therefore stick with. Eating is whole foods omnivore simple foods. Last time I checked in on progress was the new year, since then I have managed to lose 38lbs and dropped a few sizes. I have the luxury of time and know it would be much harder without, so am trying to make the best of it. Everyone just keep up the good work and it will pay off in the long run.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #210
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
To not stop trying is the key.
this is so true!
though i kind of fell off the wagon for awhile, i'm proud that i DO find my way back to this need to take on a healthier me.. that i keep trying, means i'll keep on this because i'm worthy enough .. thats a BIG thing for me... my worth - i always struggle with that..

but since getting on the healthier me journey, i find with each hill i climb successfully, my self esteem improves as well.. it's all kind of a vicious circle isn't it?

i really do love getting outdoors as opposed to working out at home.. whether walking, hiking, ANYthing really.. activity outdoors is so refreshing - but sometimes my work hours just don't allow it, so working out at home is my option on those days.. it gives me no excuse to not work out, at least lol!

i'm working on some sort of routine to go by for myself today - so if i have something to go by, in print where i can see it, i may work a lil harder at doing it - sometimes seeing something is all the motivation i need..

So Question: What do you all use for motivation, to get yourselves moving? is it just a matter of the mind where you tell yerself to get out and move? Or do you have things that work for you , as well as healthy eating.. any motivation to keep you on the healthier eating side of things? Just curious!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #211
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

So Question: What do you all use for motivation, to get yourselves moving? is it just a matter of the mind where you tell yerself to get out and move? Or do you have things that work for you , as well as healthy eating.. any motivation to keep you on the healthier eating side of things? Just curious!
Most of the time, if I set my mind to it, I'm okay. Sometimes, I have to make a deal with myself that I'll only do 15 minutes and then I can quit. Well, when the 15 minute mark comes around, I'm not ready to quit and so, I finish the workout. Some of the time, I will bribe myself. IF I go workout, and do a good, full, HONEST effort workout, then I can do ****** or go buy *****.

I'm kind of vain, though it might not be obvious to look at me, but there are certain things that I struggle with and I know that physical exercise is the ONLY way those things are going to get "fixed" or at least change in the right direction. If nothing else, that usually works for me.

Of course, there are days when I fight with myself and my inner five year old wins, stomping her foot and pouting and all. *wry grin*

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 03-27-2011 at 08:54 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #212
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

so my work is putting on a challenge , not many of us have joined it, but it's something i'm quite looking forward to.. i signed up today, it starts tomorrow.. i procrastinated it til closer to the time, so i wouldn't back down..

there are two ways to win, weight loss and getting the most points..
there is a points system, every lil thing we do, gains us points.. whether its checking in every thursday as required, or losing a lb, or completing a personal goal , etc..
MY personal opinion is, if i don't win a prize for either - i win simply for taking on this challenge and teaching myself healthier ways of living... which is what this challenge is designed to do.

we have to set a personal goal each week, (ex drink 6 glasses of water a day or 15 mins of activity) ..
we have to complete an activity challenge each day for a week (new challenge each week), and each day earns us points..
also a healthy eating challenge each day for a week (new challenge each week) ..
i'm excited to find out what this first week's challenges are! ♥

Anyway you get the giste, everything combined will work us towards healthier habits, and pushing us for more activity, and teaching ourselves to set small achievable goals - so on and so forth..

so i'm anxious to go weigh in tomorrow morning, get my tally sheet for the week and get on board.. having a team of gals who are doing the same right there at work will be motivation for me, since i work a ton of hours..the harder we work to earn points, the more we get... i love me a good challenge! hehe...

sooooo - this is GOOD.. also the weather FINALLY is cooperative and springlike, our sidewalks and roads are bare, no ice.. no snow.. which makes for nice walking & hiking weather.. THAT is motivating as well..

i finally also joined the site to track my calories and such and learned something pretty crazy yesterday:
i tracked my calories, just to try the site out, for yesterday morning... and realized i drink all my calories.. no wonder i get so frustrated with seeing results.. ive changed alot of my eating habits, but i drink alot of liquids during meals, between meals, from morning to night... Yesterday morning, i drank enough orange juice in a 3 hour period to equal 550 calories.. *gulp* thats just my drinks, not even including eating... so if thats 3 hours, imagine what i must drink for an entire day, between juice, milk and occasionally soda pop.. SO, definitely my first goal, is water, water, water!

i realize now, also that drinking juice, sodapop, etc does not quench my thirst which drives me to want drinks more and more... no wonder i drink so much.. just today, all ive had is water.. no juice, nothing... and i already see a difference in how much i need to drink to quench my thirst...

i cut way back in sodapop some time ago.. i actually go weeks without even having any, if at all.. but i replaced sodapop with juice, which isn't helping me out at all..

Anyway, just checking in, to say YAY about the challenge, and what i learned about my beverages... ive had 3 glasses of water today as opposed to the ohh, 8-12 glasses of beverages i had yesterday by this time... (big diffrence eh!)

Alright, enough with my book! *smiles*

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #213
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

PS -- How is everyone doing?? Share some tips !
i like hearing how everyone is doing, with activity and eating, i learn a lot from you all...

♥♥

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #214
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Afternoon Sylvie,

I am doing well! How are you doing? I have started eating Greek yogurt. I like it, because it has less calories, it's gluten free and has probiotics in it. I live on the third floor and I love my roommate. Him and I have been getting up at 6:30am and go power walking/jogging for atleast an hour.

Have fun today,

Zimmy

Quote:
PS -- How is everyone doing?? Share some tips !
i like hearing how everyone is doing, with activity and eating, i learn a lot from you all...

♥♥
Old 04-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #215
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile calcium and healthy weight!

[QUOTE=ZimmygLrL;288016]Here is another website that I thought was interesting. I love my nonfat Vanilla latte's from Starbucks and I just saw where it has 37g of Carbs and 35g of which are sugar...So now, I am going to opt for a plain ol' latte which has 19g of Carbs......Even brewed coffee has more caffeine in it than, the Starbucks latte's.

Enjoy!

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks...ize=42&milk=61

Zimmy

on topic of latte's and caffeine, i thought i would post something to osteopenia/osteoporosis, which can be detected in individuals of any gender as well as any age range:

Dietary factors that affect calcium
Dietary protein and caffeine can increase urine loss of calcium. These effects can be measured and are statistically significant, but becomes clinically significant only at large intakes. In fact, a latte will result in positive calcium balance! Calcium absorption is inhibited to a modest degree by fiber in the diet. Although the calcium content in spinach is high, almost none gets absorbed.
Vitamin D must be adequate for optimal absorption of calcium. The vitamin D has a very long half-life and does not need to be taken at the same time as the calcium.

More information about nutrition and osteoporosis is in the nutrition pages. ** the bottom left home page is excellent for further information on calcium, weight, free tests, et c **

http://courses.washington.edu/boneph...cium.html#side

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #216
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

this has been the most amazing week for me..
i started the "eat well & be active" challenge at work last week.. (will be one week tomorrow) ..

each week, we get a healthy eating challenge and an activity challenge and have to choose a personal goal challenge as well..

i have stayed soooo true to all 3 of my challenges, and the difference in how i feel this week amazes me.. ive always been kind of off and on with trying to be healthy and working out, ive never stuck it out..

and having an eating disorder makes it so much harder of course.
but i did it, i did it, I DID IT!

tomorrow i go weigh in to see the results of my week.. i will be happy with even just 1 or 2 lbs lost.. OR even maintaining my weight, i guess.. as long as there is no gain.. i am anticipating jumping on that scale, which is a first for me..

i've eaten a healthy breakfast everyday (which was the eating challenge), i've drank at least 8 glasses of water and no juice and no sodapop at all (which was my personal goal challenge) and ive had to do 15 mins at least of activity each day (which i've exceeded each day with at least an hour...)

i cant get over the amount of energy i've been feeling just after a few days even but it's also the cleansing feeling.. hard to explain...when i was drinking so much sugary juices and sodapop it made me feel so blah and tired and lack of energy altogether...

i've not been back to the gym yet, but i will.. lately the weather has been nice so ive been taking advantage of the outdoor walks instead.. once it either gets "too hot" or , rainy blah bad weather days ill take advantage of the gym then..

Anyway, here's to week 2 !! YAY!!
Hope you are all doing wonderfully !!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #217
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Been doing WW online for a month now and having tremendous success! So far I've lost 17 lbs. I have 53 lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

I don't think I've eaten so many fruits and veggies in my life along with healthy meals and other things.

The most important factors for me are portion control, journaling (which is fun online) and eating within my point range. I've also been using the punching bag a lot and also playing Wii Sports. My favorites are tennis, boxing and baseball. The boxing sport is unbelievable, what a workout!

I'm going full force with this and hope to stick to this regiment. Keeping it off is what will be difficult. Over 5 years ago I did WW at work and lost 55 lbs. I felt awesome and had so much energy. Then over time, I began eating bad again and getting older developing hormonal problems which didn't help. So now I've had more to lose since then. It's all systems go for me and just move forward with it.

In the meantime, I'm gonna develop some nice muscles from my punching bag. I love that thing!

Best,

Scorp
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #218
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Four years ago, I gave up soda and fast food..Cold turkey..As a result, I lost 60lbs and went from a size 20 in womens clothes to a size 12 in misses for my work pants and a size 15 in juniors for my jeans. I found counting calories, no soda, switching to SoyMilk, and eating frozen veggies, to help me keep that weight off. I never want to regain that weight and I try to power walk atleast one hour a day.

Good luck and CONGRATS!!!!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Been doing WW online for a month now and having tremendous success! So far I've lost 17 lbs. I have 53 lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

I don't think I've eaten so many fruits and veggies in my life along with healthy meals and other things.

The most important factors for me are portion control, journaling (which is fun online) and eating within my point range. I've also been using the punching bag a lot and also playing Wii Sports. My favorites are tennis, boxing and baseball. The boxing sport is unbelievable, what a workout!

I'm going full force with this and hope to stick to this regiment. Keeping it off is what will be difficult. Over 5 years ago I did WW at work and lost 55 lbs. I felt awesome and had so much energy. Then over time, I began eating bad again and getting older developing hormonal problems which didn't help. So now I've had more to lose since then. It's all systems go for me and just move forward with it.

In the meantime, I'm gonna develop some nice muscles from my punching bag. I love that thing!

Best,

Scorp
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #219
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

I am the same way. Even if I can only go power walking for ten minutes, I will do it. My roommate and I have been getting up at 6:30am and we go either walking or jogging atleast three times a week.

Good luck and Congrats!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I agree with you all that exercise is really helpful when trying to lose weight aggressively. For maintaining I think less will be needed, but I am not there yet. For me getting out and about is much easier than trying to work out at home, I do my resistance at home, but it is very efficient and doesn't take much time. My beach ramblings have gradually gone from 5 miles a day to 8-10, unless it is pouring rain and then it's less but I still get out. It is the thing I enjoy and therefore stick with. Eating is whole foods omnivore simple foods. Last time I checked in on progress was the new year, since then I have managed to lose 38lbs and dropped a few sizes. I have the luxury of time and know it would be much harder without, so am trying to make the best of it. Everyone just keep up the good work and it will pay off in the long run.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #220
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

so, here is my update..
Yesterday, at work, we had our weigh in..
i lost almost 9 lbs.. it was 8 point something which rounded off to 9 lbs..

i was in shock, but i was SO happy.. i worked so hard at everything , i know it's probably beginner's luck and once my body adjusts to the healthy choices i am making the weight loss each week will slow down, but..

9 friggin lbs, YAAAAAAAAAY!
i think i sang and danced the whole way home after work..
-------

the hardest part of all of this is my eating disorder.. wanting to binge, wanting to purge, the number of times i push those thoughts out of my head i probably couldn't even begin to count...

but this is the very first time, i've gotten a handle on it for such a length of time, and constantly felt encouraged each and everyday to strive for more.. hearing 9 lbs lost really put a positive spin on my wanting more!

We got new challenges for this week, which i'm doing great on so far, today is day one of week 2 !! even if i didn't lose any weight, this fabulous feeling and cleansed feeling i have is so wonderful, i'm so full of energy, its fantastic! and just feeling my clothes a tinge looser, makes me smile BIG!

i just had to come share my great news!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: