Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix: Hannah Gadsby

Stand up comedy and so much more. Trigger warning for violence and sexual assault.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:34 AM   #522
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Supernatural on Net Flix, The hand maids tale on Hulu

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #523
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Season two of Goliath on Prime. It is very good.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2018, 07:56 PM   #524
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Handmaid's Tale......

It's been announced there is going to be another season (3) of this...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #525
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

HANDMAID'S TALE. 'nuff said

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #526
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
HANDMAID'S TALE. 'nuff said

I loved the first season, not so much for the new one.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #527
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Sense8 - i really love it!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #528
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

Just started watching the 1st season of Glow.... A friend told me it was hilarious..... I'm holding skeptical at the moment....
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:14 PM   #529
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

I loved the first season, not so much for the new one.
Really??? Oh, I am addicted.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #530
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I think it was Hulu but I'm not sure...

We watched 8 pounds with Wil Smith. Great movie!!

Definitely on Hulu was Rick and Morty. My youngest insisted I try it and it was funny.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #531
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Lost in Space...although the new Dr Smith version is really kinda scary and hits a little toooooooo close to home atm.

But then sense8 was no less than amazing. Also Penny Dreadful (was sad to see that end)....and trying to get back into Sherlock Holmes and 13 reasons why
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #532
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hulu.......

Castle Rock...

A horror series based on the stories of Stephen King.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #533
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Sharp Objects - 2018 HBO TV mini-Series

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING!!! TRIGGER WARNING!!!

Well, I watched the first episode of the tv mini-series, “Sharp Objects” (HBO), and I must say, I was completely entranced and glued to the screen. The actress, Amy Adams, who plays the reporter, Camille Preaker, “a troubled reporter who returns to her hometown to cover the murders of two young girls and confront her own formidable childhood demons”(1), is awesome. This is an atmosphere piece, known as a slow burner thriller, in the almost Faulkneresque way that only the south of the USA can tell a good story. It is beautifully filmed. It is based on a book by Gillian Flynn, who also wrote the famous “Gone Girl” (was #1 on New York Times best sellers list!) which was also adapted into a film. Curious that Amy Adams physically resembles the author Gillian Flynn!

So, in a way, it is told entirely from a woman’s perspective, and as such, is entirely a feminist film - which really gets you into the mind and heart of a woman, and other women (and how these women shaped each other!!!) - “With its theme of female complicity—the damage women do to each other—Sharp Objects could hardly feel more timely.”(1).

Camille drinks heavily, smokes, etc. and is utterly so not getting her act together. There are all these flashbacks, memories of things she ran away from, and are now resurfacing in spades as she goes back to a small town called Wind Gap where she hailed from (complete with a really dysfunctional family, especially the mother!) to cover the story of a murder of a girl and starting off to search for another missing girl (remember, this is just the first episode). So, it is a murder mystery crime psychological drama - sort of! Just right up my alley.
(P.S. I have the mobi of “Sharp Objects”, so I know how it ends - grinz.)

(1) There is an interesting article in Vanity Fair about Gillian Flynn, about how she “Isn’t Going to Write the Kind of Women You Want":

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...women-you-want

Wherein Gillian says, “It’s about what happens to women when they have to swallow down their stories—and what happens to that rage. And it feels like a cautionary tale at this moment when women are finally telling their stories, but we still have a president who’s a pussy-grabber. Despite a lot of brave, strong women, it’s still a strong current in America.”
(my emphasis)

What I really like about this TV series, is that it clearly and realistically shows all of the tragic hypocrisy that many women make of their lives, all the while by pretending to be perfect - having perfectly meaningless verbal exchanges that are so superficial as to make you wanna throw up and gag. God knows how if one tries to speak truth to power to those women, how they try and censor you or even call you a bully, when that it is the last thing you are, but really it is they who are the bullies - because they will do and say any and everything to silence you. (I trust you understand that I can’t stand bullies and spot them really quick - the bully is the one who is always suggesting how you “should” be - perfect - and they always try to control ya, yikes - and no one can live like that, without getting physically sick. I never trust people who come across as having perfect relations with all those family people; yeah right - lala land!) I really get Gillian Flynn, as I too come from a not-so-perfect childhood; and, as soon as I could, I took off, and I have no regrets about that, none at all.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #534
RanchHand

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Fluid

RanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST Reputation
Default HULU

I love the Alieniest. Brilliant.
RanchHand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RanchHand For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #535
susieaxxe

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

susieaxxe is on a distinguished road

I watched the labyrinth with my niece and nephew
susieaxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #536
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING!!! TRIGGER WARNING!!!

Well, I watched the first episode of the tv mini-series, “Sharp Objects” (HBO), and I must say, I was completely entranced and glued to the screen. The actress, Amy Adams, who plays the reporter, Camille Preaker, “a troubled reporter who returns to her hometown to cover the murders of two young girls and confront her own formidable childhood demons”(1), is awesome. This is an atmosphere piece, known as a slow burner thriller, in the almost Faulkneresque way that only the south of the USA can tell a good story. It is beautifully filmed. It is based on a book by Gillian Flynn, who also wrote the famous “Gone Girl” (was #1 on New York Times best sellers list!) which was also adapted into a film. Curious that Amy Adams physically resembles the author Gillian Flynn!

So, in a way, it is told entirely from a woman’s perspective, and as such, is entirely a feminist film - which really gets you into the mind and heart of a woman, and other women (and how these women shaped each other!!!) - “With its theme of female complicity—the damage women do to each other—Sharp Objects could hardly feel more timely.”(1).

Camille drinks heavily, smokes, etc. and is utterly so not getting her act together. There are all these flashbacks, memories of things she ran away from, and are now resurfacing in spades as she goes back to a small town called Wind Gap where she hailed from (complete with a really dysfunctional family, especially the mother!) to cover the story of a murder of a girl and starting off to search for another missing girl (remember, this is just the first episode). So, it is a murder mystery crime psychological drama - sort of! Just right up my alley.
(P.S. I have the mobi of “Sharp Objects”, so I know how it ends - grinz.)

(1) There is an interesting article in Vanity Fair about Gillian Flynn, about how she “Isn’t Going to Write the Kind of Women You Want":

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...women-you-want

Wherein Gillian says, “It’s about what happens to women when they have to swallow down their stories—and what happens to that rage. And it feels like a cautionary tale at this moment when women are finally telling their stories, but we still have a president who’s a pussy-grabber. Despite a lot of brave, strong women, it’s still a strong current in America.”
(my emphasis)

What I really like about this TV series, is that it clearly and realistically shows all of the tragic hypocrisy that many women make of their lives, all the while by pretending to be perfect - having perfectly meaningless verbal exchanges that are so superficial as to make you wanna throw up and gag. God knows how if one tries to speak truth to power to those women, how they try and censor you or even call you a bully, when that it is the last thing you are, but really it is they who are the bullies - because they will do and say any and everything to silence you. (I trust you understand that I can’t stand bullies and spot them really quick - the bully is the one who is always suggesting how you “should” be - perfect - and they always try to control ya, yikes - and no one can live like that, without getting physically sick. I never trust people who come across as having perfect relations with all those family people; yeah right - lala land!) I really get Gillian Flynn, as I too come from a not-so-perfect childhood; and, as soon as I could, I took off, and I have no regrets about that, none at all.
I don't think it was the Vanity Fair article but I read somewhere in an interview with Flynn that nobody wanted to publish Sharp Objects UNTIL after Gone Girl turned out to be such a good seller! She was told countless times by publishers that nobody was ready to read about "bad women" or something to that effect. This airs on HBO btw
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #537
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I totally binge.watched the first 7 episodes of.the second season of Anne with an E.

Such an amazing show. I thought I would be a purist and not watch because the original was exceptional...but I like the different places this one visits.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:59 AM   #538
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Anne with an E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I totally binge.watched the first 7 episodes of.the second season of Anne with an E.

Such an amazing show. I thought I would be a purist and not watch because the original was exceptional...but I like the different places this one visits.
This is on my backlog list of things to watch (seasons 1 and 2). As a Canadian, of course, saw the original series many many years ago. You are so right, the original was truly exceptional. Never had visited PEI though, oh well... glad you mentioned it...

Netflix season 2 trailer:

Old 07-16-2018, 06:39 AM   #539
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Thumbs down Who Is America?

There is this new "comedy" show made by some guy called "Sacha Baron Cohen" who I had never really seen before on air, although I had seen his name bandied about. It's called "Who Is America?" and airs on Showtime. I was able to watch about the 1st 7 minutes of the 28 minute show, when I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't think of a word worse than disgust and, in some sense, the show exemplifies a kind of bizarre "perversity of humour" for me. It is very rare that I would have to stop watching a show (unless it was so boring as to be inane), as there are very few things that I might have a reaction to, but this show wins hands down. Baron himself plays characters who are the very worst of the worst of stereotypes, all the while having selected the most stereotypical of interviewees. I didn't find it funny, actually finding it to be inane and crass! And I don't know what on earth I could say apart from that. I don't even feel like posting a YouTube trailer for it.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #540
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I finished my Celia series last night. It was a cheesy but lovely story. It was bittersweet for me. Then I Wikipedia'd her for some reason and found that today is the 15th anniversary of her death. I remember seeing her in Chicago one year with Tito Puente at the jazz festival there

RIP Celia Cruz, you are missed and remembered fondly.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post: