Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #4981
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
scor-tape

You have heard of this stuff?
http://scor-pal.com/scor-tape
I haven't. Do you use this?

I use something similar to this . But with only certain things, it's hard for smaller objects so I do the glue stick.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 09:09 AM   #4982
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I haven't. Do you use this?

I use something similar to this . But with only certain things, it's hard for smaller objects so I do the glue stick.
scor tape is double sided tape that has a paper backing. I learned about it at a scrap book store. It comes in different widths. What I love about it is that it can be torn into the right size piece. Or you can cut it. It holds really well and I use it a lot.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 09:20 AM   #4983
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]
1. Bèsame*
2.amiyesiam
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4.clay...........
5.purepisces
6.Breathless

7. Gemme -with a stipulation. If the group decides to do the total number of participants, I'm in like Flynn. If the group decides to only do a few and draw to see who gets what, I'm out. I like receiving something from every one of the participants of each round. If this is not an acceptable stipulation, feel free to remove my name from the list. Thanks!
I agree with Gemme, my preference is to do a swap with the whole group!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #4984
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am so confused.

In the original post it said there would be a minimum # of 3 with a maximum # of 5 "pieces".....which I took as meaning the number of mosaics we would do for each participant.....once signups are done, the collective group would decide the exact number of mosaics each would do....

There was also a 2 starred (**) statement that wrangler was not limiting participants.

There was also a statement saying that if 10 sign up, she felt it would be too time consuming for each participant to make 10 mosaics....and I agree that would be time consuming......and I didn't take that as limiting participants rather giving an example of making 10 would be too much..that would equate to me making 100...lol...ain't gonna happen....for me, 3 is a good number, but will see what collective group decides...with input from all....

With that it is "my" understanding everyone who signs up will be participating.....and the collective group decides exact number each one will do.....I am so excited...looks like we have a great group of participants.......
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #4985
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
scor tape is double sided tape that has a paper backing. I learned about it at a scrap book store. It comes in different widths. What I love about it is that it can be torn into the right size piece. Or you can cut it. It holds really well and I use it a lot.
how thick is it?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 09:52 AM   #4986
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hey ahk & ami...thanks for those two products info. I learned something new. Where do you get those items at? Please? & thank you!!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #4987
Tierney
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,162 Posts
Tierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Thank you for the clarification, Besame.

That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Mine were. Glued down, that is. Damn Martha Stewart and her glue pens!

I did forget to wrap them really good though and you are right; that can make all the difference.

I'm glad you were able to figure out what screw A goes into slot B.

1. Bèsame*
2.amiyesiam
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4.clay...........
5.purepisces
6.Breathless

7. Gemme -with a stipulation. If the group decides to do the total number of participants, I'm in like Flynn. If the group decides to only do a few and draw to see who gets what, I'm out. I like receiving something from every one of the participants of each round. If this is not an acceptable stipulation, feel free to remove my name from the list. Thanks!
8. Tierney ( and I feel the same as Gemme - I would like it to where we would all get a piece of each other's work )
Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tierney For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #4988
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
hey ahk & ami...thanks for those two products info. I learned something new. Where do you get those items at? Please? & thank you!!
Any craft store will have what I showed... I normally get mine at Michael's. They have refills too and there are a few options of what kind of tape you'd like- dot, tab and full strip. Have fun!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 12:33 PM   #4989
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's marvelous what everyone is doing in this thread.

I'm an artist, my mother was an artist...I wholeheartedly encourage artistic exploration and endeavor whenever possible.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:55 PM   #4990
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry, all, I have to remove myself from the list. Stuff has come up, and I'm not sure I would be able to finish. Since I'm leaving before the start of the project, it's my understanding that this will _not_ have me restricted from future projects, right?

I've renumbered the signup list below.

-GeorgiaMa'am

Summer Mosaic Project
1. Bèsame*
2.amiyesiam
3.clay...........
4.purepisces
5.Breathless
6. Gemme -with a stipulation. If the group decides to do the total number of participants, I'm in like Flynn. If the group decides to only do a few and draw to see who gets what, I'm out. I like receiving something from every one of the participants of each round. If this is not an acceptable stipulation, feel free to remove my name from the list. Thanks!
7.Tierney ( and I feel the same as Gemme - I would like it to where we would all get a piece of each other's work )
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 05:17 PM   #4991
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I am so confused.

In the original post it said there would be a minimum # of 3 with a maximum # of 5 "pieces".....which I took as meaning the number of mosaics we would do for each participant.....once signups are done, the collective group would decide the exact number of mosaics each would do....

There was also a 2 starred (**) statement that wrangler was not limiting participants.

There was also a statement saying that if 10 sign up, she felt it would be too time consuming for each participant to make 10 mosaics....and I agree that would be time consuming......and I didn't take that as limiting participants rather giving an example of making 10 would be too much..that would equate to me making 100...lol...ain't gonna happen....for me, 3 is a good number, but will see what collective group decides...with input from all....

With that it is "my" understanding everyone who signs up will be participating.....and the collective group decides exact number each one will do.....I am so excited...looks like we have a great group of participants.......
You made me laugh at 100, clay....I don't think that is happening for anyone.

Yanno, if 10 people sign up we can make 10 mosaics. The production time can just be extended.

I'm sorry to see Georgia pull out. You're right, Georgia. It won't result in a restriction as the sign up isn't closed yet.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #4992
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

yay, you signed up!

I'm glad to see the excitement surrounding this mosaic project! I was concerned with having unlimited participants that we might be over whelmed with making so many pieces. As my original post:

"After sign ups , we can discuss how many pieces we will make. If 10 sign-up, I feel that making 10 would be too time consuming. We can discuss the making up to 5, or as a group we can decide if we want to make 10. That is open for discussion after sign ups are closed"

Signs ups end, Aug 2, Sunday.

Looks like we have opened up the discussion sooner! And it sounds like we want to make ONE per participant. I'm liking that idea, I'm in crafting mode! So many ideas, so many new techniques I want to try!!

Thank you Amy, for that great tip! I hang out in other parts of the craft world more often, and I have been looking for an easier way to creat lace tape! just saying, not all glue sticks are the same. Stay away from the dollar store glue sticks!

Clay, no worries, there will not be 100 mosaics in this wrangle! your so cute...

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #4993
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bumping!! Refer to post #4968

Summer Mosaic Project

1. Bèsame*
2.amiyesiam
3.clay...........
4.purepisces
5.Breathless
6. Gemme -with a stipulation.
7.Tierney ( stipulation, same as Gemme )
And so on....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #4994
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Update on Christmas in July ATCs-- They are all packaged up, I'm just waiting for 1 person to respond about their address and then I'll have them in the mail.

Nice job everyone!!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #4995
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Summer Mosaic Project

mosaic; the art of creating images by using small colored pieces

Get your creating minds a working! This project will surely be fun! Design something that is 90% paper and 10% of a material of your choice. Paper can be, paint chips, craft paper, recycled paper, etc. Your extra material might be; buttons, beads, string, yarn,fabrics, charm, etc. Just be mindful of the weight of your extra, could cause extra postage.

Your end project should be at least 3" x 5", but no bigger than 5"x6". It can be in any shape, but must be flat. You will need to work a "sun" into it some how. This is the summer project! The sun can be something tiny or a main focal point. Your pieces can all be the same or all different.

After sign ups are closed, we can discuss how many pieces we will make. ** will be a min of three with a possibility of 5, for those who want to start

I ask that after you complete your little piece of art work, that you sign and date it somehow!

Open sign-ups, start now, thru Aug 2nd.
Construction of your art, Aug 3 thru Aug 20
Mail by Aug 21, $5.00 for postage
Turn around after all have been received, 4 days.

If you need ideas, Google , paper mosaics or check Pinterest .

"For 2015, the rule is if one of us is more than a week late or drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2016. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."
Sign ups are over, let the gluing begin! Looks like we have 7 crafters. And most of us have suggested we make one for each. So, refer back to the above guidelines. Any shape as long as it fits with in the size perimeter. 90% paper, and 10% of a different material. It's a summer project, please place a sun somewhere on your project. Can be itty bitty or your whole theme. We should be finished by 20th, to get them in the mail by the 21th. I'll send out my address in about 10 days. You know the sooner the better!
Have fun, and try out new techniques and products!

Thank you for signing up

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 AM   #4996
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Christmas in July ATCs-- Expect them sometime soon. I'll be dropping them off at the post office today after a medical appointment. Again, thank you everyone for getting things here on time and doing a great job!! Til next time!!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #4997
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Christmas in July ATCs-- Expect them sometime soon. I'll be dropping them off at the post office today after a medical appointment. Again, thank you everyone for getting things here on time and doing a great job!! Til next time!!
Thanks for wrangling this one!!!!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #4998
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thank you ahk for doing this project! Hope we do some more in the future......
Old 08-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #4999
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Has anyone ever used the Gelato color pigment pens??
Any tips? Pros or cons?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2015, 08:06 PM   #5000
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Has anyone ever used the Gelato color pigment pens??
Any tips? Pros or cons?
I have seen them and thought about them. A lot of positive reveiws about them. Maybe for Christmas! If you get them let me know what you think of them.

I went with posca paint pens last time I got supplies. I LOVE them.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types