Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #141
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Last night I made some lemon-pepper wings with the new air-fryer gadget and they were tasty. I marinated them for a couple hours in olive oil, lemon juice, seasonings and cooked them for 20 minutes on each side at 375. They were crispy but not burnt. I made a point of not cooking them at 500 degrees to avoid the smoke. They were a little overdone on the inside, but I’ll adjust the time and temperature tonight when I make some more. Think I’ll make buffalo wings tonight.

It was easy to clean but there’s a stainless steel part that may not be easy to clean after many uses. I’m not too worried about that.

This one is a keeper and am glad I bought it.

Interesting! I think I want to try this !
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2019, 09:51 AM   #142
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It's worth it for me and I'm glad I bought mine. Found it at Amazon at a great price and I use it at least once a week. I use it for boiling eggs, making soups, infusing butter, sterlizing jars I use for body butters, making beans, cooking frozen foods ... I'm looking forward to making the dumplings Andrea wrote about and the mushroom soup TF posted. I have no regrets about my purchase.

I'm not crazy about the air fryers, but just bought an air fryer add-on gadget for my instant pot. We'll see how it goes. Good luck.

Could you post a link to the add on gadget?
Old 07-28-2019, 09:57 AM   #143
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

Could you post a link to the add on gadget?
Of course. I should have called it by its name.

It’s the Mealthy CrispLid that TantalzingFemme told us about.

Here’s the link to the website;

https://mealthy.com/products/mealthy...yZlUL29uAxtv0S

And here’s a link to the product at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Mealthy-Crisp...s%2C196&sr=8-2

I bought some brussel sprouts today and will make them using the CrispLid.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #144
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

Interesting! I think I want to try this !
Not sure you’ll want one since you already have the air fryer.

I like the CrispLid because you can see the food as it’s cooking and adjust the temp and time. It fits right over the inner pot of the pressure cooker. You can adjust the height of the food based on the trivet used. It’s a neat little gadget, I think.

It’s worth it for me because I like crispy wings and don’t want to fry them, but I didn’t want another appliance in my kitchen.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #145
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Not sure you’ll want one since you already have the air fryer.

I like the CrispLid because you can see the food as it’s cooking and adjust the temp and time. It fits right over the inner pot of the pressure cooker. You can adjust the height of the food based on the trivet used. It’s a neat little gadget, I think.

It’s worth it for me because I like crispy wings and don’t want to fry them, but I didn’t want another appliance in my kitchen.
Totally agree! I love wings and i have found that if you put less in the air fryer they come out so much better.. the issue is it takes a while to make a big batch... still not a biggie