GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty4U View Post
Is there even such a thing? femme enough?

If someone would automatically consider me being butch because I have shorter hair I would feel insulted. Not that being a butch is something wrong..of course not (I looove butches...lol)...but it's just not ME.

Personally I despise this whole stereotype 'put in a box thing'..like first sight..'ah..you belong in that box or the other'....or 'oh...she has long hair, must be a femme then'....

Nothing (hairdo, type clothes, make up or not, toolbox in the hand or not...lol) can 'change' me or make me feel less femme than what I am truly inside!

My thoughts EXACTLY....I just recently went through this with someone I met...she firmly stated " I cannot date you because you have short hair" Really???? My hair rocks!!! Long hair doesn't look right on me...and I am femme to the core!!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #62
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneyedMe View Post
My thoughts EXACTLY....I just recently went through this with someone I met...she firmly stated " I cannot date you because you have short hair" Really???? My hair rocks!!! Long hair doesn't look right on me...and I am femme to the core!!
You know what GreeneyedMe...? Some women look absolutely gorgeous with short hair!! It just looks 'better' on them..and if you're in the 'mood' top it off with some sexy makeup and luscious lips..there you go...mmmm...Perfect!

PS: I mean, just look at Halle Berry or Sharon Stone with short hair...hello..??..omg!...they're stunningly beautiful..and totally feminine!

KayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KayCee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #63
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you Kitty4U!!

You are absolutely right....I guess everyone likes what they like...has their own opinions....it's a sensitive subject for me....seems around where I live, short hair is a downfall. But hey! Their loss, right? Someone will snap me up when they decide to look past the cover and actually open the book...
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #64
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
I cut my hair short for several reasons:
1. it makes me feel more femme
2. it is part of my culture to cut my hair as part of a a life change ritual
3. it really shows off my eyebrows and face, I have perfect eyebrow karma.
4. it makes me look ten years younger and I am a vain fucker
5. it delights me to prove people that believe like you wrong, and
6. I am in the process of cutting away all the colouring in my hair to let it be natural.

I have very short hair at the moment, no one would ever say I had butch or masculine tendencies. Well, unless you call bossy masculine? Cause I am that, too. Or if you call self supportive masculine? Cause I am that, too.

I want to see your lovely locks. I betcha you look absolutely fabulous!

and I too simply look better with shorter hair, yes... the eyebrow karma is a very good thing

and yes, though I am loathe to admit it, I am a vain fucker too, aren't we all on some level or another?

Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #65
Tattoogurl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
lTR, looking for flirty fun

Tattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST ReputationTattoogurl Has the BEST Reputation
Default hair, it grows back

Hey ladies..

I LOVE hair, I mess with mine at least once a week or once every 2 weeks.. My momma always tells me, "your hair is gonna fall out" well momma its been many moons and it hasnt fallen out yet!!

Have fun with your hair it grows back lol..
Tattoogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tattoogurl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #66
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had the one of the worst hair experiences with a salon less than a couple of weeks ago. I was getting my hair cut (donated to Locks of Love!) and colored for the Reunion and things seemed to be fine at first. I loved the style and the way the color turned out, but when I woke up the next morning, it looked like I had beaten Barney and/or Grimmace to death while in bed.

One side of my face, my hands and my sheets and pillows were stained purple. Not purple in a 'that's a normal amount of transfer for a new semi-permanent coloring' but a 'the bitch didn't rinse all of the product out of my hair' thing! After fighting with the manager about having the stylist redo my hair and Luvs calling back again once I'd gone to work, I got in later that day for the stylist to remedy the issue and that's when things got really ugly. She begrudgingly washed my hair (after only wanting to dab some cotton to my head....which I already did that morning so that I could go to work without purple smeared down my face) and then started to restyle it.

I was turned away from the mirror and didn't see how badly she was damaging my hair until I smelled the burning. She absolutely fried my hair in several sections. I mean, that hair has been completely singed and now is the texture of a scrubbing brush. Brutal! Then she started snipping at my hair to cut off the burnt ends, winding up with a similar but different cut than what I had and what liked.

The sad irony? After all that....the redo and the burning of my hair and it being cut into a less pleasing style....she still left product in my hair, which I had to wash out at home that night.

I paid 2 c notes for that treatment too. Well, they will NOT be getting any more of my money and I have blacklisted them with anyone that will listen.

I did, however, learn that Ulta has a salon inside their store and the stylists there seem to be much better and the prices are better too. It's a win win for the next time I go in, but for now....I have weeks to months of hair growing before all of the singed hair will be gone.

Sad!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #67
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I had the one of the worst hair experiences with a salon less than a couple of weeks ago. I was getting my hair cut (donated to Locks of Love!) and colored for the Reunion and things seemed to be fine at first. I loved the style and the way the color turned out, but when I woke up the next morning, it looked like I had beaten Barney and/or Grimmace to death while in bed.

One side of my face, my hands and my sheets and pillows were stained purple. Not purple in a 'that's a normal amount of transfer for a new semi-permanent coloring' but a 'the bitch didn't rinse all of the product out of my hair' thing! After fighting with the manager about having the stylist redo my hair and Luvs calling back again once I'd gone to work, I got in later that day for the stylist to remedy the issue and that's when things got really ugly. She begrudgingly washed my hair (after only wanting to dab some cotton to my head....which I already did that morning so that I could go to work without purple smeared down my face) and then started to restyle it.

I was turned away from the mirror and didn't see how badly she was damaging my hair until I smelled the burning. She absolutely fried my hair in several sections. I mean, that hair has been completely singed and now is the texture of a scrubbing brush. Brutal! Then she started snipping at my hair to cut off the burnt ends, winding up with a similar but different cut than what I had and what liked.

The sad irony? After all that....the redo and the burning of my hair and it being cut into a less pleasing style....she still left product in my hair, which I had to wash out at home that night.

I paid 2 c notes for that treatment too. Well, they will NOT be getting any more of my money and I have blacklisted them with anyone that will listen.

I did, however, learn that Ulta has a salon inside their store and the stylists there seem to be much better and the prices are better too. It's a win win for the next time I go in, but for now....I have weeks to months of hair growing before all of the singed hair will be gone.

Sad!
I'm sorry to hear about the terrible experience you had.

In my former career of beauty (hairdressing), this was exactly how I built my clientele - solving lots of miscarriages of service: color, styling, cuts, service (big emphasis on service).

Just know I'd help you in a heartbeat if you lived out here on the west coast, Gemme.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #68
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

^5 Katzchen thank god for ppl like urself , I just cut all my long hair off .. first last spring i cut about 7 " off then 3 weeks ago i cut it all off . and I LOVE IT !! the tops and sides are layered. I had a hairdresser do the length .. It's a very piecey cut .. sexy when i bloe it out .. boppy when i leave it curly. I did the layering myself. for some reason I cant find a good hairdresser that can cut and style curly hair. I can't wear a straight cut hair style ..
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #69
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hair

Mine is getting long cant wait to wear a braid again.
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #70
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

I've been growing out my hair since 2007 and am pondering chopping it all off once the weather is warm again. Thing is, I do a lot of photoshoots and work at bar events where I'd like to have long hair to do pinup styles. Does anyone have experience using wigs for stuff like that?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #71
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

I wasn't sure where to ask this question, so I thought this might be the most appropriate thread.

I use a dandruff shampoo. I don't have dandruff, I have neurotic tendencies where germs are concerned. That aside, it seems to have left my scalp smelling kinda odd (or maybe I am just being neurotic again). What can I do to bring a nice scent to my scalp? Aromatic shampoos, conditioners do not help. So, my question is, can I add a few drops of lavender essential oil to my shampoo/conditioner and let that sit on my scalp a while without fearing hair loss/scalp burns? I know that some essential oils, if not heavily diluted, can burn or cause irritation. I thought someone here might be well-versed in this area.

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #72
Asari

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Asari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST Reputation

I have waist long, straight (a bit frizzy), natural brown hair. I love long hair, most of the time I wear a... wait, what is the translation for "Gretchenzopf"... ah, a Heidi braid.
I like short hairstyles as well, they can be very feminine.

Mahatma Gandhi
Asari is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Asari For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #73
sofimichi

How Do You Identify?:
Femmeinist
Preferred Pronoun?:
femenine ones, "hey you," etc.
Relationship Status:
Engaged!

sofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
I use a dandruff shampoo. I don't have dandruff, I have neurotic tendencies where germs are concerned. That aside, it seems to have left my scalp smelling kinda odd (or maybe I am just being neurotic again). What can I do to bring a nice scent to my scalp? Aromatic shampoos, conditioners do not help. So, my question is, can I add a few drops of lavender essential oil to my shampoo/conditioner and let that sit on my scalp a while without fearing hair loss/scalp burns? I know that some essential oils, if not heavily diluted, can burn or cause irritation. I thought someone here might be well-versed in this area.

What you can do is wash it hair with citruses, like oranges or lemons. Keep the hair shiny, clean and smelling amazing.
You could also blow dry it. Before anyone throws something at me, letting it air dry might give it a "funk"
No oils!!!
sofimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #74
Erryl

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Erryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST Reputation

I know that wigs get a bad wrap but have you thought about trying one? I've got a couple since I have kinda crazy purple short hair and I love them. They give you a change anytime you want it without any commitment. Just a thought!

My other thought is that it's just hair. It grows back and if you don't like it, wig!