Old 10-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #21
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I have the best friends ever. I do have a friend who is a stylist, but I hadn't gone to her in the first place because she works in a *very* upscale salon and I could not afford her. I finally asked her about how much it would cost me to come in and have her fix it, and she offered to do it in trade for a jar of homemade jam. She's the most awesomest friend ever. I'll post pics once it's done.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMa'am View Post
I have the best friends ever. I do have a friend who is a stylist, but I hadn't gone to her in the first place because she works in a *very* upscale salon and I could not afford her. I finally asked her about how much it would cost me to come in and have her fix it, and she offered to do it in trade for a jar of homemade jam. She's the most awesomest friend ever. I'll post pics once it's done.
WOW...that is FANTASTIC!!!!! Yes yes we want pics!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #23
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

That is wonderful!!! I love to trade services. I have traded make-up lessons for things before. I am cannot wait to see your hair.

I use clip in extensions to add color streaks but my hair is straight so that a cheap, temporary option for me.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #24
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Go drastic and have fun with it. It's only hair. It'll grow back and if it turns out that you hate the color you can recolor in a few weeks and wear a hat in the meantime.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Yay! I finally got my hair all fixed up after the beauty college fiasco. It looks fabulous. I went for streaks rather than tips this time, since I'd already established that my hair would deal with the bleach. Pics will be forthcoming very soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #26
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yay! I finally got my hair all fixed up after the beauty college fiasco. It looks fabulous. I went for streaks rather than tips this time, since I'd already established that my hair would deal with the bleach. Pics will be forthcoming very soon.
Sounds great!!
I like going drastic myself I have had my hair all different lengths and for the longest time was dying it blue/black, several months ago I decided to go real drastic and cut it short in the back long in the front, its all black except for in the front where I did have purple and pink, now its a really light pink, but I am thinking about growing my hair back to shoulder length with a bit of bright purple underneath black, it doesn't take long for my hair to grow
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #27
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation
Default henna help

What advice, suggestions, tips would you give someone using henna for the first time?

I've researched the heck out of the pros and cons of henna and am mostly finding pros. I haven't dyed my hair in about 6 or 7 years and its plain ol brown right now. In the past I've been pretty much every shade of red with chemical dyes. Ive read that henna is much less damaging and I have ordered my first batch.

So I'm looking for application tips and maintenance after care

I'm super excited for a little red again!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #28
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekohl View Post
What advice, suggestions, tips would you give someone using henna for the first time?

I've researched the heck out of the pros and cons of henna and am mostly finding pros. I haven't dyed my hair in about 6 or 7 years and its plain ol brown right now. In the past I've been pretty much every shade of red with chemical dyes. Ive read that henna is much less damaging and I have ordered my first batch.

So I'm looking for application tips and maintenance after care

I'm super excited for a little red again!
Henna is great for your hair. I always buy mine from a local Indian import store. Regardless of where you buy your henna, make sure it's just 100% pure henna leaves with nothing else added. Some henna products (especially "black" henna) include additives that can be dangerous. If you ever decide to go back to chemical dyes, bad reactions can happen if you've been using henna that includes any metallic salts.

You can use all sorts of different recipes to mix it up depending on the results you want. I mix mine with rooibos tea (to amp up the red tones a little more), olive oil, lemon juice, and lavender oil. All you really need to mix your henna is hot water, something acidic, and something oily, so there are almost endless possibilities. Different teas will give you different tones, you can use any oil that you'd normally use to condition your hair, and while lemon juice is most common any citrus juice will work. Eucalyptus oil is the most traditional essential oil to use, but I prefer the scent of lavender. Just make sure whatever essential oils you use are safe to apply to your skin.
The Following User Says Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the input

I've ordered 100% pure henna with nothing added. So now I just have to choose what to mix it with. I was thinking lavender.

Have you run into staining on your neck or hairline? I used to do henna designs on my hands back in the college days. But this is a different ball game.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #30
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

I mix my henna paste pretty thick to prevent dripping and wear latex gloves to apply it. My scalp does generally look a bit orange for a few days. I applied henna without gloves once when I hadn't been using it very long and my hands were stained for weeks. As long as you're quick to wash off any drips before the henna paste has time to dry, staining is pretty minimal. I always apply the paste, then cover my hair with saran wrap or a processing cap and jump in the shower to get any drips off my skin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #31
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default red again

I henna'd last night. LOVE IT! The color is so rich. It's just what I was hoping for thanks for the tips
Old 03-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

*bumpity bump bump*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #33
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
*bumpity bump bump*
Why are you doing the bump so early in the morning? Good morning Gemme...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #34
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
Why are you doing the bump so early in the morning? Good morning Gemme...
Good morning!

I saw IslandScout looking for hair advice and thought I would throw up a couple threads that might have some good info for her.

How are you today?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Cool... I will go and look... I am good...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #36
LuckyButch-1982

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy,hym
Relationship Status:
Single

LuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST ReputationLuckyButch-1982 Has the BEST Reputation

Some femmes cut their hair short/very short,why?
Maybe my mind was narrow,because I thought short hair was a masculine sign.
If a femme cut her hair very short,she probably had tweener/butch tendencies,or she was a top femme.
I hope I was wrong.
But I am still confused,why some femmes cut their hair short/very short?
LuckyButch-1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyButch-1982 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #37
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyButch-1982 View Post
If a femme cut her hair very short,she probably had tweener/butch tendencies,or she was a top femme.
I hope I was wrong.
I cut my hair short for several reasons:
1. it makes me feel more femme
2. it is part of my culture to cut my hair as part of a a life change ritual
3. it really shows off my eyebrows and face, I have perfect eyebrow karma.
4. it makes me look ten years younger and I am a vain fucker
5. it delights me to prove people that believe like you wrong, and
6. I am in the process of cutting away all the colouring in my hair to let it be natural.

I have very short hair at the moment, no one would ever say I had butch or masculine tendencies. Well, unless you call bossy masculine? Cause I am that, too. Or if you call self supportive masculine? Cause I am that, too.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #38
La Perla

How Do You Identify?:
femme sensuelle
Relationship Status:
dating and enjoying life

La Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST ReputationLa Perla Has the BEST Reputation
Default best sock bun.

how fun to go on youtube and get hair ideas. i like this method for putting my hair up. if you get it slightly moist, you can look great running around, then you have curls when you take it down. voila.
La Perla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to La Perla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #39
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyButch-1982 View Post
I hope I was wrong.
Some femees look fantastic weith short/really short hair. Just like some butches look great with long hair.

For the life of me, I just don't get gender assignment or any role of one's sexuality distinction about hair.

hell, I've seen femmes that were totally hot with shaved heads!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:25 AM   #40
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Oooh I wish I could have short hair! My lovely thick curly hair cut short would leave me looking like Ronald McDonald!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
Some femees look fantastic weith short/really short hair. Just like some butches look great with long hair.

For the life of me, I just don't get gender assignment or any role of one's sexuality distinction about hair.

hell, I've seen femmes that were totally hot with shaved heads!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post: