Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Currently Playing

Thought it might be a good way to share current documentaries/ films etc in one thread...

Right now on LOGO :
The Opposite Sex: Rene's Story....Events lead up to a female-to-male gender reassignment surgery.

Please post what you're watching!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Thought it might be a good way to share current documentaries/ films etc in one thread...

Right now on LOGO :
The Opposite Sex: Rene's Story....Events lead up to a female-to-male gender reassignment surgery.

awww, I don't have cable or dish...can't watch anything currently playing without going to the movies. All I get is old stuff from Netflix
But I look forward to reading everyone's posts and hearing about what I'm missing... Thanks Jess!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds like a great movie!!! Thanks!!!

I am enjoying all documentaries related to food but my favorite one currently is this

http://www.foodincmovie.com/about-the-film.php

Quote:

Right now on LOGO :

weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
awww, I don't have cable or dish...can't watch anything currently playing without going to the movies. All I get is old stuff from Netflix
But I look forward to reading everyone's posts and hearing about what I'm missing... Thanks Jess!
Netflix has some great documentaries, go ahead and share them!

I really enjoyed Ghengis Blues, the story of a blind blues musician's journey to Tuva to compete in a national throat singing competition.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am watching History of Britain ordered from Netflix.

I love Netflix.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for sharing this Jess. I just set the DVR for it.

Jewel

Quote:

Right now on LOGO :

Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Dang why don't that stuff come on when I'm home? Every documentary I've seen but 2 or 3 have been MTF, I'd like to see more FTM documentaries

Quote:

Right now on LOGO :

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I got to see part of it this afternoon but missed the intro. GRR.. Will try to catch it again in it's entire length. I set the DVR up to record it for Christie also. From what I did see, it is an amazing story on many levels.

After watching it all I may end up starting a thread about it. It touches on a hella lot of different issues for both the FTM and his wife, family, church. Really powerful stuff!

Thanks for links and suggestions to other documentaries. There are some wonderful filmmakers out there telling stories now that have never been heard.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Netflix has some great documentaries, go ahead and share them!

I really enjoyed Ghengis Blues, the story of a blind blues musician's journey to Tuva to compete in a national throat singing competition.
Thank you Liam.

I REALLY seriously enjoyed "Wild China" (it has six episodes). I love all things travel related, wanted to be a geographer, geologist, biologist, oceanographer and/or archeologist - and pilot biplanes too! - when I was younger (and not so wrapped up in raising a family). I still have a passion for our diverse planet and learning about different cultures. This documentary about China had STUNNING photography, was very well written & edited and was very detailed about the various cultures, natural habitats and the history of China. The political turmoil in China prevents many authors/producers of documentaries from sharing various things with the outside world (no offense intended to anyone with Asian Heritage...but from what I've been told, the Chinese Government censors very heavily). Considering that, I was extremely impressed with this series on China.

My sister speaks several languages fluently... Chinese being her most current... while taking linguistics classes, she also acquired a History Major. I found many things in this series to strike up conversations with her about...on common grounds. Not just your regular small talk...

This documentary gave me a new respect for the heritage, culture and history of all the ethnic groups mentioned in "Wild China".
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/scream.bloody.murder/

Christiane Amanpour Reports

Scream bloody Murder: A French priest in Cambodia. An idealistic U.S. Senate staffer in Iraq. A Canadian general in Rwanda. Each one tried to focus the world's attention on genocide. Each time, they were shunned, ignored or told it was someone else's problem.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Our America with Lisa Ling

OWN Network

Transgender Lives Special ( 2011) Five transgender people across America
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Glee! >>>>
Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone seen Priest yet?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Check These Out - Good Stuff - Time Worthy

Docs:
20 Feet From Stardom [I now communicate regularly with Lisa Fischer!]

Looking For Sugarman-Sixto Rodriguez was/is everything Bob Dylan isn't. Amazing story.

Film:
Rush-Great biopic.
12 Years A Slave-Moving.
The Butler-Good story, but, I had trouble with suspension of disbelief with Oprah.

How about you? What do you like and suggest?
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default BTW

I just saw Dallas Buyer's Club. All I can say is, Jared Leto gave a brave and heart-wrenching performance.

Time worthy. A fervent reminder of what people have gone thru, go thru.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Scandal Season 3 "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

At the moment I'm watching, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

If anyone is looking for an insightful documentary, I recommend "The Shaman's Apprentice", about the attempt to preserve the ancient and sacred art of Native American medicine. It's amazing how much of this live-saving, healing culture has been destroyed or lost in favor of what we now call progress.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...~*Whistling, Whistler, Whistle*~...

Don't know if it's a fetish of mine (or not), but whistling seems to have been a part of my 'universe' for some time now. Thought I'd leave a couple of items of interest, things I listened too yesterday or watched online .... sort of an exploration on "Whistling, Whistler, Whistle' from my evening, last night.

Radio (1940s era): The Whistler

"I am the Whistler, and I know many things, for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, hidden in the hearts of men and women who have stepped into the shadows. Yes... I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak..... Tonight's Tale: "The Voice In The Dark."

Original Air Date: July 25, 1942
Episode Number: 11

Film Noir: Return of the Whistler (1948)

(William Castle)

Bonus Film: Comrade X (December 13th, 1940)

A light-hearted spy movie, starring: Hedy Lamarr & Clark Gable.
Gable's housecoat in polka-dots was ..... awesome.

-xXx xXx-

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Don't know if it's a fetish of mine (or not), but whistling seems to have been a part of my 'universe' for some time now. Thought I'd leave a couple of items of interest, things I listened too yesterday or watched online .... sort of an exploration on "Whistling, Whistler, Whistle' from my evening, last night.
Ha! I thought I was the only one who still liked these old-time radio shows. I download them from iTunes.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #20
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

I first heard her story on NPR in a segment from TheMoth.org If you haven't heard of this filmmaker or her Film, please check out this link. Listen to her story and be sure to watch the trailer. I have no doubt it is a documentary most of this community will enjoy.

http://themoth.org/posts/stories/life-flight

Kimberly Reed : Life Flight
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: