Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #41
zannadyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch, genderbender, queer, fag-boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible
Relationship Status:
in love with a trans-dude!

zannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputationzannadyke Has the BEST Reputation

yeah... what hippieflower said. I had a friend once... she was an ex as well, but all through our relationship I told her I loved her unconditionally, I guess because I know we are all human, we all make mistakes, and if we realize we were wrong when confronted, we should be forgiven and we should move on, OR we will make mistakes and not seem like it's a mistake in our eyes, but knowing there is always someone who will love you despite, is good to know. Anyway, this person has done some wicked things to me and my family over the course of the last 4 to 5 months... about 5 months ago, I text messaged her, and these were my last words to her ever: "I have not stopped loving you. I love you unconditionally. You may have disappointed me, and for my own sanity, as well as my daughter's, we need to move on (from the madness you are creating). Please know I will always love you, and if you ever ask for my forgiveness, I will always grant it." Since then, I have been forbidden to make contact with her because a contract in the courts... which is a complete other story not worth going into. My daughter wants revenge: typical response of most... I just want to move on.
“Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don’t hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people.” Zig Ziglar
zannadyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zannadyke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #42
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
i think people are afraid to love unconditionally because loving unconditionally is hard...or because it sounds airyfairy and impossible. or worse...because of the inevitable pain involved in doing so.

being afraid of being hurt is a cop out. of course you're going to be hurt! you're in love with a human being arent you? who the hell are we to demand that no one hurt us? how can we tell people they have to be perfect when we havent managed it yet? i cannot understand the "you hurt me so now you're not trustworthy" mentality.

how anemic is the love that walks away when things get hard?

before you dust off your indignation...i'm not talking about domestic violence or choices that jeopardize safety. i'm talking about the human beings who fuck up, plain and simple, (and we ALL do it) and then find themselves suddenly single because the love they were part of couldnt hold up under pressure. it's anemic. that's the only word for it. anemic.

glass houses baby. glass houses.

"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how perfect love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. That's honest. Give me that kind of love" Jim Morrison

Interesting when I read the part about being a "cop out", etc, I actually started thinking about how I have a hard time with the concept of being with someone forever. I've never been able to say it to anyone. Like "I will love you forever". I think it is unfair to promise "forever" and maybe "unconditional love". When I hear people say "we will be together forever", my gut reaction is not "woohoo, yay for you", it is more like: "right" *eyeroll*. Maybe I am cynic or a realist or whatever you want to call me... but I'm not sure I'm a subscriber. Life happens, people change, feelings change, etc. If I promise someone -forever- and then it turns out to be -forever for 5 years- there is this sense of having lied, or letting someone down or betrayal.

I'd rather say "I'm in *this* as long as we are happy and it *works*

People have told me that this school of thought is kind of like a "cop out"

Maybe it is...I'm on the fence.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #43
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post

Interesting when I read the part about being a "cop out", etc, I actually started thinking about how I have a hard time with the concept of being with someone forever. I've never been able to say it to anyone. Like "I will love you forever". I think it is unfair to promise "forever" and maybe "unconditional love". When I hear people say "we will be together forever", my gut reaction is not "woohoo, yay for you", it is more like: "right" *eyeroll*. Maybe I am cynic or a realist or whatever you want to call me... but I'm not sure I'm a subscriber. Life happens, people change, feelings change, etc. If I promise someone -forever- and then it turns out to be -forever for 5 years- there is this sense of having lied, or letting someone down or betrayal.

I hear where you are at.
So I have a question.
Would you ever get married?

I am asking because I had a lot of the same thoughts you do, and then the past five years (which went by in a blink but in retrospect can seem like a forever) have led me down a path with somebody that I felt like *forever* was a possibility.

No worries, I am still a cynic because with a terminal illness forever for me means something a lot different than it does to most people.

Mind you, if a miracle comes and I live another thirty years? I think I'd still find myself married to Cal.

Have I confused you yet? Because I confused me.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #44
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I hear where you are at.
So I have a question.
Would you ever get married?

I am asking because I had a lot of the same thoughts you do, and then the past five years (which went by in a blink but in retrospect can seem like a forever) have led me down a path with somebody that I felt like *forever* was a possibility.

No worries, I am still a cynic because with a terminal illness forever for me means something a lot different than it does to most people.

Mind you, if a miracle comes and I live another thirty years? I think I'd still find myself married to Cal.

Have I confused you yet? Because I confused me.
I don't know if I would ever get married. I haven't really thought that much about it, to be honest. Hell, the concept of living with someone still is "iffy" for me Well, I should say....for may years was "iffy" and now I can think about it without sweating and feeling nauseous.

So, I guess I am softening in my age

Not confused...I think I get it. And I think having a terminal illness puts a way different perspective on things
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #45
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I believe in uncondition love. I think babies and animals are automatically inclined to love unconditionally because they are closer to the other side. For adults it is harder to achieve.

I believe that unconditional love is unlimited and absolute. Think of the Amish people who chose to forgive the man who shot and killed the children in the one room school house. That is the kind of love that I am talking about.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #46
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post

i smell what you're stepping in! (sorry, i'm enamored of that phrase these days) i dont know that "unconditional" is the same as or equals "we'll be together forever". i'm a great believer of the "as long as we're happy and it works" thing. when people break up it's not always because the love is gone. right?

i love fairly easily but i only fell in love...hard....exactly one time...and not in my youth either. it was earthshattering, gut-wrenching, heart-pounding, mind blowing, direction-reversing, insane, perfect, eyes-wide-open-to every flaw (for us both), forward my mail to crazytown love....and it's only happened that once. i am still in love that deeply and with that much devotion...and we are not "together" in except on that cellular level that shuttles you into perfect sync everytime we talk. no amount of hurt or distance or separation will ever change that for me.

that's unconditional for me.

the only other example i can think of is a woman i know whose son is a serial rapist. he's in jail for the third time, i hope forever. she hopes so too because his brain is so damn sick that she fears for people when he is not. and she loves him. she never wants to see him outside a jail. but she loves him like crazy.

that blows my little love out of the damn water. i freakin' want to grow up to be her. i want to know...i mean to know without exception...what it is like to love that perfectly.
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #47
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
i smell what you're stepping in! (sorry, i'm enamored of that phrase these days) i dont know that "unconditional" is the same as or equals "we'll be together forever". i'm a great believer of the "as long as we're happy and it works" thing. when people break up it's not always because the love is gone. right?

i love fairly easily but i only fell in love...hard....exactly one time...and not in my youth either. it was earthshattering, gut-wrenching, heart-pounding, mind blowing, direction-reversing, insane, perfect, eyes-wide-open-to every flaw (for us both), forward my mail to crazytown love....and it's only happened that once. i am still in love that deeply and with that much devotion...and we are not "together" in except on that cellular level that shuttles you into perfect sync everytime we talk. no amount of hurt or distance or separation will ever change that for me.
Isn't that amazing? I've felt that a few times and although I miss being in love, I'm not sure I ever want to go back to that again. lol- it just overly complicates my already complicated life.

Loving isnt hard for me. Sharing space, my space is. To allow someone in that space again it would mean they literally worshiped the ground I walked on, existed to please me and adored me. They would need to be very accommodating to my needs. Otherwise I'm happy spending time with people I love but I want and need my own space. I think my last time really in love was it for me. It would take a lot for me to open that door completely and I'm not sure God makes many humans like that,
Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #48
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
the only other example i can think of is a woman i know whose son is a serial rapist. he's in jail for the third time, i hope forever. she hopes so too because his brain is so damn sick that she fears for people when he is not. and she loves him. she never wants to see him outside a jail. but she loves him like crazy.

that blows my little love out of the damn water. i freakin' want to grow up to be her. i want to know...i mean to know without exception...what it is like to love that perfectly.
Ohhhmigawd, I personally cannot imagine anything more agonizing! I'd never want to know what that feels like. It's hard enough loving ordinary people when they act like jerks... loving someone who does things which could actually be classified as evil? omg no... I would find that to be utter torture.

My heart goes out to anyone who finds herself in a situation like that! I honestly don't think I can imagine anything harder.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #49
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I previously posted this "elsewhere", but it's still true for me...

Anyway...unconditional love...we talk about it as if it's an ideal, a goal, some loftier version of love than the plain ol' everyday kind. And I'm not entirely sure that's true. Don't get me wrong...it sounds lovely. And it is, in fact, the kind of love I have for my child (where I think it's appropriate and well-placed). But I think that unconditional love between adult partners is somehow often misplaced...

It seems like every time I read or hear someone say "unconditional love" in the context of an adult relationship, it's immediately followed by a list of horrible and even hateful behavior. Why is that? Why do we think that because we love someone unconditionally that it means we should accept mental, physical and emotional abuse at their hands? Why does it mean that we respond like that dog...wagging our tails after being kicked? It's almost as if, by picking the partners we picked, they use our "unconditional love" as a license to mistreat us, rather than appreciate us...and that's just wrong.

For me, unconditional love is what I want to do inside of a fundamentally sound, respectful, (and I suppose conditional) relationship.

Let me (at least try to) explain...
If my "partner" abuses me, cheats on me, kicks me when I'm down...then they aren't my partner. We don't have a love relationship. What we have is an abusive relationship, a using relationship or a messed up game. And, if that's what we have, then I'm gone. For me, there is no call to be loving to someone who is abusive in return. Period. Again...just for me...but that's absolutely and completely non-negotiable. And yes...that's a condition. My conditions for being with me are honesty, faithfulness, reciprocated love, no abuse of any kind and true commitment.

Now, if we have those things...then what we have is a loving relationship. And, inside of that, I will love unconditionally. I will love you when you're sick, in a bad mood, struggling with insecurities or confusion, and any or all of your human frailties and foibles. And I expect that you would love me unconditionally and do the same for me. I do not expect perfection or even consistent good behavior...we are human and fallible and magnificently flawed...and I can embrace all of that. I expect that there will be times that I am carrying the whole burden, and times that you will. I expect that there will be times that I don't feel loving, and times that you won't. I expect that we will disagree and argue and struggle with things between us. I expect that we will both screw up and have to ask forgiveness from each other. And all of those things are fine and okay and even good...because they forge a connection...a connection that allows us to love and trust each other unconditionally and completely.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #50
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I believe in uncondition love. I think babies and animals are automatically inclined to love unconditionally because they are closer to the other side. For adults it is harder to achieve.

I believe that unconditional love is unlimited and absolute. Think of the Amish people who chose to forgive the man who shot and killed the children in the one room school house. That is the kind of love that I am talking about.
I am with you Andrew. I have recently realized that a dear friend of mine loves me unconditionally. She loved me when I was not able to stay clean from heroin and cocaine. I did some pretty horrible things. Now that I am in recovery, I have recognized that she has always found me loveable. I recently thanked her for loving me unconditionally...and she said it wasn't unconditional...she said that she has just loved me unflinchingly. Whatever you call it...it does exsist...and it feels amazing.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #51
Pretty Woman

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Trying to be true to myself

Pretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST Reputation
Default My Definition

Let me start by saying that I don't believe that altruism exists. What does that have to do with unconditional love you may wonder? In my mind they are inextricably linked since both assume that the person on the giving end doesn't really get anything from it and that in many ways the person on the receiving end can act as they please, for better or for worse. We are humans, blinded by our true motives, looking always for some deeper recognition or validation, basically just wanting to feel relevant on this planet and in this life.
So...I've come to the conclusion that the only person I can unconditionally love is me. And I don't mean in a narcissitic way. I mean that when I mess up, get angry, act out, am selfish, that I can investigate my true motives and acknowledge them, set things straight, give myself a little break and resolve to not keep making the same mistakes over and over again. It's only in that way that I have been able to begin to see clearly that others are also human beings, that it is truly difficult to exact change from the inside out and that I can't ever control another person by my unconditional love dressed up as a doormat, a bossy wog or in any other way that I choose to call things love. I agree with Jo, unconditional love for another is meted out on a daily basis...disagreement, discussion, compromise and sometimes moving on.
Pretty Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pretty Woman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #52
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation
Default is love unconditional?

it's never unconditional and it's never free....everything comes with a disclaimer or tag these days.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #53
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Only dogs & pupppies love unconditionally, and that's if you feed them!!
Dogs and puppies love unconditionally, period. Cats and kitties love CONDITIONALLY if/when you feed them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #54
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

i have unconditional love for my oldest friend, CLS. She is the one who taught me about unconditional love, without even knowing it.

Her life is very very different than mine, and the last time i visited with her, she was mentally ill (drug induced paranoid schizophrenia) from 20 years of drug abuse & addiction.

Long ago, i learned how to love and accept her as is, without judging her life choices or punishing her because she did things i didn't approve of. my choice was love her as is or don't continue to be in her life (my own conclusions, nothing ever said by her).

It wasn't an easy process for me, but slowly i learned how to give her love unconditionally. And i am ever thankful that i did that, for her and for myself.

Loving someone, in a romantic sense, unconditionally is much more difficult for me. But i'm workin on it
Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #55
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

it really depends on your definition of love doesn' it?

my brother is a sick man. he's severely abusive, has mental health issues and sexually and physically tortured me for years.

I love him. I care about how he is. I don't EVER want him around me if I can help it (I tolerate him at funerals and I'm nice to him at those instances, otherwise I politely leave). I'm glad he got lots of very good treatment and he's now back at school.

No I don't forgive him. But I love him and care that he's doing well and that mom loves him and gives him lots of support, even though he's not exactly kind to her, verbally.

love as a feeling of care, yes. Love as in support and interaction? no.

But then I grew up knowing that people can love you, really love you, yet treat you like shit because of how incapable they are. and it doesn't mean just cause they love you that you have to put up with any of it.

love is a feeling. it doesn't nessecisarily mean much else. Just like anger, it can be constructive or self harming. it depends on the expression.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #56
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
Only dogs & pupppies love unconditionally, and that's if you feed them!!
My son loves me unconditionally, that is where i am learning to be a better person
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #57
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

It is as long as it's not taken for granted of! I would think.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #58
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:
Putting My Heart Back Together

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in unconditional love; however, I also believe that unconditional love is very rare, when it comes to being IN love. It's what sets apart love from true love, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just talking in circles at this point in my rant, but honestly, I love someone who might possibly be the most broken human being I've ever known... for her, my love, I give my heart.

You may all vomit now at my sappiness LOL.
proximitywithoutintimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #59
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know what people mean when they say they believe in unconditional love. Do they really mean that they would love someone no matter what they do? For me, that doesn't sound healthy.

I love Pete, and I think she might be the one I want to marry, because I do want to get married again. I probably wouldn't wish her ill if she did something that made it impossible for us to be together, and of course time might reveal that we aren't right together, but I love her with all the complicated feelings that make me human.

I wish I loved myself unconditionally.
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #60
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Unconditional love is the love I have for my son.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote