Old 03-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #801
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I totally agree with you on messing with the payroll taxes Katchen. They need money to go towards fighting the virus and provide people with paid leave and things that will actually help, not try to artificially prop up the economy (I'm not sure it would do that anyway).

The Blue Surge is out in force and they are constituencies that are voting for Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-in-primaries

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 05:54 AM   #802
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I think Biden will choose Amy Klobuchar as VP. What do you think?
Old 03-12-2020, 06:50 AM   #803
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I think Biden will choose Amy Klobuchar as VP. What do you think?
i have no idea but i would be strangely happy with that

Not in a political way, though. Like in a kinky way.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 AM   #804
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post

Amy's kinda hot. Biden not so much. I hear she's bossy too.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #805
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's going to be Kamala Harris or another woman of color. Both Jim Clyburn and Governor Gretchen Whitmer (who is one of the national co-chairs of his campaign) have said the VP should be a woman of color.

I think Amy Klobuchar would be good too - especially campaigning in the Midwest - but she's white. I did think it was strange that she wasn't on stage with Biden, Whitmer, Harris, and Booker at the Detroit rally after she had campaigned hard for him for several days in Michigan. Maybe just scheduling or they wanted to make as big a deal as possible out of the Harris and Booker endorsements.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 10:14 AM   #806
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I saw in a couple of news outlets that it might be Stacey Abrams, and I could totally go for her. In addition to the fact that I think she would be a great VP, it would give me some really satisfying schadenfreude over our stupid f***ing Georgia governor, Brian Kemp.

I would also be really happy to see Bernie Sanders on the ticket as VP, but I doubt that will happen.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #807
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I totally agree with you on messing with the payroll taxes Katchen. They need money to go towards fighting the virus and provide people with paid leave and things that will actually help, not try to artificially prop up the economy (I'm not sure it would do that anyway).

The Blue Surge is out in force and they are constituencies that are voting for Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-in-primaries
Bulldog? I think you're right, and I agree that there needs to be prompt and concise action for the virus issue people face. Also, it makes me wonder if voting will be affected by the current serious co-vid 19 virus epidemic.

We do mail in ballots, as you might remember; but I think it's concerning for those who live in states where you have to go to a polling location to cast your vote.

Do you know if crisis teams are working on remedies so voting impacts are narrowed down to 'no crisis' status?

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 07:06 AM   #808
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
I think it's going to be Kamala Harris or another woman of color. Both Jim Clyburn and Governor Gretchen Whitmer (who is one of the national co-chairs of his campaign) have said the VP should be a woman of color.

I think Amy Klobuchar would be good too - especially campaigning in the Midwest - but she's white. I did think it was strange that she wasn't on stage with Biden, Whitmer, Harris, and Booker at the Detroit rally after she had campaigned hard for him for several days in Michigan. Maybe just scheduling or they wanted to make as big a deal as possible out of the Harris and Booker endorsements.
Ditto for Harris

I can't go supporting vp candidates just based on whether i would want to have a scene with them* though

It's like the people who voted for W bc he'd be more fun to have a beer with.

* Stacy Abrams is not in this category bc i saw her speak at my conference and now i feel like we're BFFs

Therefore i'd be all set with any of them
Old 03-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #809
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I can't go supporting vp candidates just based on whether i would want to have a scene with them* though
As good a reason as any!
Old 03-13-2020, 09:14 AM   #810
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default How Groups Voted in 2016

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2016

The Roper numbers were based on CNN's exit polls:
https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls

Will be interested to see the exit polls for 2020.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #811
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Bulldog? I think you're right, and I agree that there needs to be prompt and concise action for the virus issue people face. Also, it makes me wonder if voting will be affected by the current serious co-vid 19 virus epidemic.

We do mail in ballots, as you might remember; but I think it's concerning for those who live in states where you have to go to a polling location to cast your vote.

Do you know if crisis teams are working on remedies so voting impacts are narrowed down to 'no crisis' status?
Yes, I remember mailing in my ballot in Oregon. It is more fun to go to the polls but mail definitely seems a lot safer in these times.

I am concerned too. Of course, the most important thing is for voters to stay safe and to get to vote.

People are being encouraged to use early voting, mail, drop off, vote at off hours, etc. Of course, so many volunteers at polling places tend to be older so that's a concern for them too. I think each state and location is just having to cope on its own.

Louisiana was supposed to hold its primary on April 4 but has just postponed it to June 20. That's a blow out state for Biden so I'm bummed but at the same time the most important thing is people's safety.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #812
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I wonder how many times Trump has heard "to little too late " lolol ~ on the national emergency ?

Does anyone think he may have had a vaccine to prevent him from catching the virus ?
Old 03-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #813
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Think it will be Harris for VP, but he may surprise me with a geographic choice. Biden is from the North East. He and his team may feel like they need to choose someone from the Midwest or from one of the Southern states as a strategic move to capture the most electoral college votes.

I would LOVE to see Stacy Abrams on the ticket. She's just so cool. BUT... she's doing incredibly important work on voting rights now. I would hate to lose such a dynamic force in the place we need it most right now.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #814
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone have any ideas abt why 90% of Republicans still support Trump ?

Response doesn't have to be long dense polemic...just a few ideas, perhaps about human nature, that we could discuss .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 10:36 AM   #815
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post

Response doesn't have to be long dense polemic...just a few ideas, perhaps about human nature, that we could discuss .
I definitely do not have a decent answer, but what my mind tends to think, is this: It's like Cancer. Cancer is the root problem. And if Cancer and it's cells are not treated and/or eradicated, it metastasizes across the spectrum of connecting/connected tissue.

That's the only thing that comes to mind, C0llette.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #816
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

One Idea:
I remember this from a marketing course I once took.

CHOICE-SUPPORTIVE BIAS

Choice-supportive bias or post-purchase rationalization is the tendency to retroactively ascribe positive attributes to an option one has selected and/or to demote the forgone options. It is part of cognitive science, and is a distinct cognitive bias that occurs once a decision is made.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 01:33 PM   #817
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
One Idea:
I remember this from a marketing course I once took.

CHOICE-SUPPORTIVE BIAS

Choice-supportive bias or post-purchase rationalization is the tendency to retroactively ascribe positive attributes to an option one has selected and/or to demote the forgone options. It is part of cognitive science, and is a distinct cognitive bias that occurs once a decision is made.
I think that is a worthy subject of discussion and consideration, C0LLETTE.

I majored in Sociology and Communication. Both fields of study have interesting takes on Bias Theory. I imagine Psychology and Business fields of study have a commingling of ideas which finds its roots in Bias Theory.

Sociology defines Bias (in general terms of) as: A tendency (either known or unknown) to prefer one thing over another that prevents objectivity, that influences understanding or outcome in some way.

Emile Durkheim, one of the early founders of Sociology, developed theories around the subject of Bias.

I forget who to credit for this strand of thought, but someone once said that a "...good Sociologist is aware of their own bias, and the bias of others, and takes precautions."

Bottom line (generally speaking):

Be aware of bias, in terms of biased behaviors and observations and how it informs one of subsequent actions associated (directly or indirectly) by any given or demonstrated particular bias.

_____ ______
Old 03-14-2020, 02:05 PM   #818
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

My dear Katzchen,

Thank you for your response. So many of us can't understand why opinions stay fixed in the face of what "seems" to be the "obvious" but maybe things aren't so obvious to those who've become intransigent in the face of every rationalization that led them to make their first decision.

So what to do, what to do?
Surely people change their minds. So what is the mechanism that makes them do that? And I doubt it is a simple "Eureka " moment.

Any ideas?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #819
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
My dear Katzchen,

Thank you for your response. So many of us can't understand why opinions stay fixed in the face of what "seems" to be the "obvious" but maybe things aren't so obvious to those who've become intransigent in the face of every rationalization that led them to make their first decision.

So what to do, what to do?
Surely people change their minds. So what is the mechanism that makes them do that? And I doubt it is a simple "Eureka " moment.

Any ideas?
I view it as a massive struggle for remaining in Power.

The proverbial Power Struggle.

But it's not the have-not's who are winning. It's those who own and have everything, that keep winning.

You should make a separate thread for this subject, so we don't detract from the subject of discussion in d_c's politics thread, ok?

If you do that, I'll meet up with you, in your own thread, if you create it, C0LLETTE.

_____ ______
Old 03-20-2020, 11:53 PM   #820
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Guess What?

I just saw this news story on the NBC website. Stacey Abrams is definitely the one, that a progressive think tank is highly recommending: A Biden-Abrams presidential Democratic ticket for 2020.

And I quote:

Quote:
"A Biden–Abrams ticket would beat a Trump-Pence ticket and perform competitively with other hypothetical tickets, while also overperforming with key groups that constitute the Democratic Party's base," McElwee wrote.
LINK: Progressive group's analysis finds Stacey Abrams is Biden's best choice. Here's why (NBC)

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election