Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 05-22-2017, 12:26 AM   #121
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
Does anybody remember making "Creepy Crawlers and Fun Flowers" in the late 60's and 70's? The activity called for metal molds of critters and flowers, several bottles of latex "goop" to pour into the molds, and a heating device with which to "cook" the goop creatures/flowers. Of course, liability issues would prevent such activities nowadays, but what fun we had...especially when glow-in-the dark goop came out!
Do you remember the edible "Creepy Crawlers?"
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #122
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone remember pay toilets at department stores in the downtown shopping areas? One stall was usually free, but UGH.

Anyone remember restroom attendants that you tipped for your paper towel?

Remember ladies rooms with nice lounges, located before the actual restrooms, with comfy chairs to watch the daytime soaps?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #123
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Memories from long ago....

I remember spending Saturday afternoon's with my cousin at our great aunt's house. She'd let us pick out any dress of hers to wear, shoes and costume jewelry too. Our aunt would wash our hair and put it up in big rollers, then tie a scarf around our roller sets, while we paraded around her house looking just like her, *lol*. Our aunt would be out in the kitchen slaving over cookies for us and listening to her favorite big band music on an am-radio music show.

Glen Miller was her favorite big band.
Good times, for sure.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #124
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Do you remember when gas stations were called Service Stations?

Usually it was a man who ran out and asked you how much gas you wanted, checked the oil, washed the windshield, and then asked if you wanted your tires checked?

Gas was so cheap then I think my father always replied 'fill her up"
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #125
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Usually it was a man who ran out and asked you how much gas you wanted, checked the oil, washed the windshield, and then asked if you wanted your tires checked?

I wonder if there are any left in small towns somewhere??
Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #126
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Nowadays, I wonder how many people would get their container of pepper spray out of their purse or glove compartment?
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #127
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I do! I even posted a few years ago that the economy was soooooo bad after grad school, that the only place I could find a job was working at a service station.

Did you ever own a car that didn't have an operational gas gauge??? *lol* I did. I remember having to calculate how many gallons of gas the tank would hold, then keep track of how many miles I could get from one gallon of gasoline. Then because I had this irrational fear of being stuck in gridlock traffic, with no gas station around for miles, that I'd always pull.into the service station, my favorite one , and say "fill her up!", knowing I had only used about one or two gallons of gasoline. *lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Nowadays, I wonder how many people would get their container of pepper spray out of their purse or glove compartment?
I have several pepper spray devices: a big one on my key chain, one for my purse, and one by my nightstand table. I've never kept them in a glove box. Close proximity works best for me.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #128
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I wonder if there are any left in small towns somewhere??
There are a few in small towns in Oklahoma, the service stations are mainly what helps keep the small town afloat.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #129
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone remember when telephones had a rotary dial and you shared a line with 8 other houses?
When I was young that is the way it was. I, unfortunately, had two old women on my party line, they lived next door to each other. They spoke everyday for something like 5 hrs about nothing of any consequence. The line was always busy lol
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StoicStone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #130
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicStone View Post
Does anyone remember when telephones had a rotary dial and you shared a line with 8 other houses?
When I was young that is the way it was. I, unfortunately, had two old women on my party line, they lived next door to each other. They spoke everyday for something like 5 hrs about nothing of any consequence. The line was always busy lol
Yes, I'm old enough to remember party lines and they were NO party
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #131
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Me too!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #132
Degotoga

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Respectful and situational appropriate ones
Relationship Status:
Enjoying butchelorhood

Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,233 Posts
Degotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I love butter rum lifesavers. You can get them at Cracker Barrel restaurants.
You can also get them at Buc-ee's. I usually buy a couple of rolls and toss them in the console of my truck. They're an instant happy place while stuck in traffic.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #133
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:

The Bomber Gas Station is no longer in business, but when I first moved to the Portland area in the Mid-1980s, I often rode by on the bus, when my boys were just babies. When my son's were toddlers, I would stop there to let them marvel at the ww2 bomber, and buy them an ice cream cone.

Here's a link to the story about The Bomber:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2968

PS: the picture above is an actual vintage post card that is out of circulation. If you come across this post card, it's pretty much a miracle.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #134
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
Sometimes, you couldn't get the parties to relinquish the line in case of an emergency (which was required by law). If they didn't give up the line, you couldn't even call the fire department unless you were able to get to a neighbor's house. Didn't happen very often, but you'd read about it in the paper every once in awhile.

It was a BIG deal!
Old 09-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #135
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

There are two states where you cannot pump your own gas. Oregon and...damn my memory, NJ I think. Anyway, I stopped at a gas station in Oregon, pulled up to the pump, got my credit card in hand, turned to open the door and nearly had a heart attack. Standing at my door is a big, big man who says "Cash or credit?" I have no idea why he's asking this and say so. I get the explanation. I get the joy of getting my windshield cleaned since I'm too flipping short to reach the top of the Ford E450 or the middle.

Please don't tell me to get a squeegee with an extended handle. If you can't apply the pressure at the correct angle, it doesn't help.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #136
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Anyone remember pay toilets at department stores in the downtown shopping areas? One stall was usually free, but UGH.

Anyone remember restroom attendants that you tipped for your paper towel?

Remember ladies rooms with nice lounges, located before the actual restrooms, with comfy chairs to watch the daytime soaps?
I remember them at O'Hare Airport in the 60s. $.10 - my mom wasn't going to pay $.30 for all of us, so she just held the door ajar.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #137
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I love butter rum lifesavers. You can get them at Cracker Barrel restaurants.
Thank you! I've only found them at truck stops. I'll be heading over to Cracker Barrel soon. Wonder if they'd sell me a case?
Old 09-04-2017, 03:43 PM   #138
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Do you remember when a 30 minute show only had about 5 minutes of commercials
And when you watch them on Netflix you discover just exactly how many minutes are now devoted to commercials in a one hour show. The least they could do is cap it at 15, but I've seen 17.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #139
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmewench View Post
Thank you! I've only found them at truck stops. I'll be heading over to Cracker Barrel soon. Wonder if they'd sell me a case?
They are so yummy.😊
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #140
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yes I remember this. It is true that you can't pump your own gas in Oregon and it definitely did take getting used to. It isn't the same as the full service from the past, but it is nice - except when you are in a hurry since you often have to wait.

The grocery store that I go to in the next town over does have kids take your shopping cart out and load your groceries in the car - which is also something that used to always be done when I was a kid.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: