Old 04-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation
Default top surgery

Hey there guys!

I thought it might be nice to have a thread specifically related to this topic.

I have an initial consultation with Dr. Voloshins office on monday.

Here are the questions I have for you?

1) How many surgeons did you consult before deciding who was going to do your surgery?
2) Who did your surgery?
3) Are you happy with the results?
4) Did you need any revisions?
5) What procedure did you have?
6) What was your recovery process like?
7) Did you do anything to prepare for the surgery?
8) How much time did you have to take off work?
9) Is there anything you wish you would have done any differently?
10) What questions did you ask the surgeon?
11) What didn't you ask that you wish you would have?
12) what resources did you use in helping to decide what surgeon to go to or for what questions to ask?
13) What online resources do you know of?

If you aren't comfortable posting in public I would love to hear from you in private.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
Hey there guys!

1) How many surgeons did you consult before deciding who was going to do your surgery?
2) Who did your surgery?
12) what resources did you use in helping to decide what surgeon to go to or for what questions to ask?

If you aren't comfortable posting in public I would love to hear from you in private.
I hope you get the answers to your questions on the thread. I'd like to read them. I hope to have top surgery in the future.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Please add any questions you asked that aren't on my list! Thank You

My question list so far for the surgeon

What medications and supplements do I need to avoid prior to surgery and how long do I need to be off them prior to surgery?

Are there any supplements that can help that I should take prior or proceeding surgery?

What would be the best procedure for someone my size?

How many have you preformed?

How oftened have you had to do revisions?

Do you have before and after pictures of patients that you have done surgery on?

What is the recovery process like?

How long before I can drive?

How long before I can lift 5 lbs? 10 lbs? 20 lbs? 50 lbs?

How long before I can start walking? casual? vigorous?

How long before i can actively workout?

What is the cost?

What type of payment do you take?

Are there any costs that may occur after the initial surgery that I should know of?

Can any of the pre-op stuff be done through my primary physician?

Are there any questions I should be asking that I haven't?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey there guys!

2) Who did your surgery?

1. I only met with one, and we were a great match for one another.
2. Marc DuPere in Toronto
3. Very!
4. Nope
5. Double incision w/ nipple grafts
6. I stayed in bed as much as I could for the first week, and had my bandages & stitches removed at the one-week mark. I did NOT have drains. I didn't do anything that required my arms to come up above shoulder-height for probably about two weeks. After that, I started to expand that range of motion ever so slightly. Of course, I took my antibiotics as instructed and stayed well hydrated. I rested as much as possible.

7. I did a LOT to prepare for surgery! I did a great deal of stretching, push-ups, and upper body exercises about 3 months out and leading up to the surgery. I also started on Arnica and vitamin C about 10 days out. The Arnica helps minimize bruising and speeds healing; vitamin C was to keep me from getting sick. I drank lots and lots of water......no aspirin, ibuprofen, alcohol, etc... about one week out.

I also stared at my bare chest in the mirror every single day for a couple of weeks to see if I could live with it. I wanted to be absolutely one hundred percent sure that I would not regret the surgery. No regrets.

8. I took off for 3 weeks. I know many who have gone back sooner, but I had the gift of time in that particular position so I took advantage of it. Personally, I'm glad I did.

9. I wish that I would have returned to work to only half-days for the first week. During the first week, I would really start to feel it around 1:00. I would get very fatigued, and I would feel spasms in my back from being so tense and "protective" of my chest.

10. I made absolutely certain that he and I were on the same page about how I wanted my chest to look. I got clear details from him on the procedure and what the recovery would be like on *his* end. I also got his input on supplements and what he thought was best pre- and post-surgery.

11. Can't think of anything
12. I initially found my surgeon on transster and then found someone on the other b/f site who had used him. We exchanged a few messages about his experience. I also found someone on Live Journal who had used him, and we messaged one another as well. (I think transster is down now???) Finally, I talked to my surgeon's office manager a few times to get a feel for what his practice was like......and, ultimately, met with him.

13. Like I said, I think transster is down now (not sure of that), and that some other site has taken its place. And Transitional Male has some good information, as well. Plus, there are no shortages of opinions and experiences right here in the b/f community!!

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey there guys!

2) Who did your surgery?

Hey, you are out there in Brownstein land, aren't you? I thought it was a no brainer if a person who wanted top surgery lived anywhere near the guy...?

Good Luck in your search...

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, you are out there in Brownstein land, aren't you? I thought it was a no brainer if a person who wanted top surgery lived anywhere near the guy...?

Good Luck in your search...

I don't think it's a no brainer. He's not the only surgeon in CA plus he's in SF. I'm open to a surgeon that I would have to travel to however if I can find someone that is within in an hour that is a definite plus. Also my network of friends up there isn't as strong as other places. He tends to be expenseive and although I do believe you get what you pay for I also believe that sometimes you pay for a "brand" name, and that there are just as qualified surgeons with less expense.

I've thought about looking into Altar but his site says he requires a letter from a therapist, and I don't have that and don't feel like I should have to just to get the surgery when I've been very slow and throrough in my transition process. He also is on the high end although I do know people that have been happy with their results.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post

I also stared at my bare chest in the mirror every single day for a couple of weeks to see if I could live with it. I wanted to be absolutely one hundred percent sure that I would not regret the surgery. No regrets.
It's funny I've actually found myself doing this a lot lately. Not necessarily intentially. I find I'm just so ready for them to be gone for many reasons. I have a bad neck also, so besides my mind set there are physical benefits for having the chestbegone!

Quote:
8. I took off for 3 weeks. I know many who have gone back sooner, but I had the gift of time in that particular position so I took advantage of it. Personally, I'm glad I did.

9. I wish that I would have returned to work to only half-days for the first week. During the first week, I would really start to feel it around 1:00. I would get very fatigued, and I would feel spasms in my back from being so tense and "protective" of my chest.
Thanks for bringing this up. I want to remember to adress that option when I address my employer. Finacially I'm set for a couple months with out work and am hoping the nature of my job will allow me to take as much time as I need, since theoretically I'm an independent contractor. I don't think they'll be happy because I'm one of their go to drivers yet at the same time I'm hoping that will work to my advantage at having a job to come back to.

Quote:
12. I initially found my surgeon on transster and then found someone on the other b/f site who had used him. We exchanged a few messages about his experience. I also found someone on Live Journal who had used him, and we messaged one another as well. (I think transster is down now???) Finally, I talked to my surgeon's office manager a few times to get a feel for what his practice was like......and, ultimately, met with him.

13. Like I said, I think transster is down now (not sure of that), and that some other site has taken its place. And Transitional Male has some good information, as well. Plus, there are no shortages of opinions and experiences right here in the b/f community!!

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK!!!
From what I can tell transter is down. I do have a few other sites but doesn't hurt to see what else is out there.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:47 AM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I don't think it's a no brainer. He's not the only surgeon in CA plus he's in SF. I'm open to a surgeon that I would have to travel to however if I can find someone that is within in an hour that is a definite plus. Also my network of friends up there isn't as strong as other places. He tends to be expenseive and although I do believe you get what you pay for I also believe that sometimes you pay for a "brand" name, and that there are just as qualified surgeons with less expense.

I've thought about looking into Altar but his site says he requires a letter from a therapist, and I don't have that and don't feel like I should have to just to get the surgery when I've been very slow and throrough in my transition process. He also is on the high end although I do know people that have been happy with their results.
Yes, I get all of what you are saying here (all excellent points), especially when it comes to needing support from others.

It would be great if someone knew of another site that was out there that provided the details and pics of the surgeries that transter did.

Good Luck, to you.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #9
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey there Koop and fellows,

Koop, I know you and I have chatted in person and PMs about this, but I thought I might post some more info on my experience for the other guys who might be considering doing this. I had my surgery one year ago, as of this coming May 4th.

1) How many surgeons did you consult before deciding who was going to do your surgery? Only one. I was referred to Dr. Voloshin (Newport Beach, CA) by another FTM friend of mine who also lives here in Vegas. I felt instantly comfortable with Dr. V and his team. I feel like I also got a very good price since I had the referral from my buddy. Like Koop, I never had any "letters" for either T or top surgery. At age 48, when I had the procedure, I didn't feel like I needed anyone else to vouch for who I am, or as a "gatekeeper" for what I knew I needed to do. Mind you, I do realize and understand how therapy can help guys who might have other issues to address, but I really don't think that it's necessary for everyone.

2) Who did your surgery? Dr. P. James Voloshin, Newport Beach, CA.

3) Are you happy with the results? YES!!! Dr. V did a phenomenal job!! I can (and do) feel comfortable enough to go shirtless in public if I want to.

4) Did you need any revisions? No.

5) What procedure did you have? Double incision with nipple grafts.

6) What was your recovery process like? I live in Vegas, so I had to stay in a hotel (Tabs and I stayed at the Ayres in Orange) for about 4 days. After a recheck, we were able to return to Vegas. I had drains, but those were removed 2 days post op. I just took it easy afterwards. I can't say that it hurt as much as it was just "uncomfortable". After having both knees replaced, this all was pretty much a piece of cake for me.

7) Did you do anything to prepare for the surgery? I just ate well and drank plenty of WATER (not soda or sugar drinks or coffee, but WATER). I moved around and did as much walking as I possibly could. I napped a lot, too. I should say that Dr. V didn't mind letting me return to Vegas within a few days because I have good medical backup here, should I have run into problems. My VA doctor, who is also Queer, was fully aware and supportive of what I was doing and was standing by, in case anything might have happened.

8) How much time did you have to take off work? I took 6 weeks, but I didn't really need that much. I have a physical job so I took a little extra time with that in mind.

9) Is there anything you wish you would have done any differently? No.

10) What questions did you ask the surgeon? I asked about his qualifications and asked to see pictures of the work he'd done for others. I also asked about his team and facility, since he has an all-in-one accredited surgical suite. This is important. If you go to a doctor who does the entire procedure in his own facility, make sure it is ACCREDITED. A lot goes into the process of accreditation, like how they clean their equipment and handle their drugs and anesthetic drugs...and the qualifications of those administering them. Not all of these plastic surgeons use hospital facilities, so if they don't, you need to be asking about accreditation and where you might end up, should an emergency occur and you need to be hospitalized. The Long Beach VAMC, in case of emergency, was also right down the street from his office and is part of my VISN, where I also work. I felt very comfortable, all the way around, with Dr. V.

11) What didn't you ask that you wish you would have? Nothing.

12) what resources did you use in helping to decide what surgeon to go to or for what questions to ask? Personal referrence was my greatest tool, in the form of my friend, Caidyn, who also lives here in Vegas and has family in Newport Beach who also know Dr. Voloshin's reputation for outstanding work.

13) What online resources do you know of? Probably nothing more or less than the ones everyone else uses....Transster, TransitionalMale, etc.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to all the fellows here who are or are contemplating taking this step. It totally made all the difference for me in my level of confidence and towards feeling more whole.

~Theo~
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, transster is gone, but there is a site that fills that same need. Thank goodness!

www.transbucket.com

Quote:
Like I said, I think transster is down now (not sure of that), and that some other site has taken its place.
Quote:
From what I can tell transter is down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It would be great if someone knew of another site that was out there that provided the details and pics of the surgeries that transter did.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Thinker,

Can I ask why you didn't need tubes?

Like is there a special procedure that means you don't need tubes? Or, is it a before-size thing or something?

Would Like To Avoid Tubes,
Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #12
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Thinker,

Like is there a special procedure that means you don't need tubes? Or, is it a before-size thing or something?

Dylan
Hey Dylan,

I had 2 drains post-op, but I think that, from a medical standpoint, it depends on how much tissue is removed. Also, the kind of procedure you have can dictate whether or not you have drains. From what I've read, many guys have the double incision w/ nipple graft and that procedure is usually performed on guys with bigger chests, hence more tissue removed. If you're small chested, you might have the "keyhole" procedure and have the breast tissue extracted through a small hole. In that case, you might not need drains.

Just my .02,
~Theo~
Old 04-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Theo,

You said you have a physical job, so you took 6 weeks off...how long before you could lift stuff over your head and do stuff normally again?

I too have a very physical job, so I'm going to have to time my surgery for probably around xmas time when I'm really slow (business-wise).

Thanks,
Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Theo,

You said you have a physical job, so you took 6 weeks off...how long before you could lift stuff over your head and do stuff normally again?

I too have a very physical job, so I'm going to have to time my surgery for probably around xmas time when I'm really slow (business-wise).

Thanks,
Dylan
It was actually about 6 weeks before I could lift things over my head. My sutures disolved on their own and after those were healed up, it was just a matter of slowly stretching and moving around again. I had a bit of liposuction done under my arms, so it was kind of sore and bruised there for a few weeks, but I heal quickly, too.

Here it's been a year since my surgery and my scars have faded out just about all the way. What might be otherwise visible has been nicely covered up by chest hair, which I seem to have an abundance of.

~Theo~
Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #15
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Thinker,

Dylan
Hey Dylan...

It didn't have anything to do with size; of that I'm sure. I was average sized (basically, a 36-C) and big enough that my only option was the double-incision.

Going into the surgery, the assumption on my part and the part of the surgeon was that drainage tubes would be included. When I first woke up and spoke with the surgeon, I asked him how the tubes were.

He said, "You don't have tubes. I didn't see a need for them."

And that was the end of it.

Since they are for drainage, I can only assume that I was not bleeding heavily at all. I was very good leading up to the surgery in avoiding things that act as blood thinners, and I took Arnica for a few weeks prior. *shrug* Maybe those things contributed.

So... Long story longer... I don't know a specific reason. Perhaps you can ask prospective surgeons in what instances they would opt to refrain from the tubes.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that...
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Hey Dylan,

I had 2 drains post-op, but I think that, from a medical standpoint, it depends on how much tissue is removed. Also, the kind of procedure you have can dictate whether or not you have drains. From what I've read, many guys have the double incision w/ nipple graft and that procedure is usually performed on guys with bigger chests, hence more tissue removed. If you're small chested, you might have the "keyhole" procedure and have the breast tissue extracted through a small hole. In that case, you might not need drains.

Just my .02,
~Theo~
In my case, I did have the double incision with nipple grafts. And while I was not overly large up top, I did have some size to me.........well, enough to where the keyhole wasn't even close to being an option (36-C).

I have wondered... My surgeon is a pretty premier plastic surgeon. I wonder if he doesn't know a few additional tricks of the trade........or something like that......that could have contributed in my case.

In my mind, there just wasn't a logical reason for NOT having tubes.

I don't know, but I sure wasn't complaining.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #17
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Turino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST Reputation

try the ftmsurgerysupport and ftmsurgeryinfo groups on yahoo
Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

I just want to say I appreciate everyone's input!

I'll check out the yahoo stuff if I have time but I really value Theo and Thinker sharing their experience because i know them. I hope others will share also for that same reasons.

I can go to the other sites but i don't have a history with those people so its hard to know what value to put to their experience. It's like taking candy from a stranger to me. It could be great yet who knows.

Transbucket was okay although I remeber transter having a lot more. Seems like Transbucket still needs to build. I did find it helpful to read the commentaries alongside the pictures. It helped me to come up with some more questions.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

could not find a head spinning smiley

So surgery is scheduled for April 29th.

His cost has gone up some from when Theo had it but I really felt comfortable with him and his staff so decideded to go with him.

One of the things I appreciated was in his pictures of others not all of the pictures were perfect. Of course the ones that weren't have had revisions, but he said its been awhile since that has been necessary.

He also showed evolution in his work, he does the nipples smaller now than originally.

Already talked with work so that worry is over with. I told them I'll probably need a minimum of 4 weeks off but I"ll have a better idea after surgery. Most likely I'll start back just working weekends or such. I also put out there that i could be up to a couple months but by the time we start getting busy again around mid july I should be back to normal speed hopefully.

I may or may not have tubes. Voloshin uses them only if there is excessive drainage, otherwise he prefers to remove any drainage via a needle. Says there is less risk of infection that way.

So nervous and excited at the same time. Now I just need to get odds and ends done and try to find someone to go down with me. Hopefully someone that can stay in the area that night, just seems like it would be easiest to go crash in a hotel verses an hour plus ride home. Also if I do that he'll check me the next day and then I can go home, otherwise I'd have to go back down in a couple days. hmmm just thought of a new question ... wondering how that will work since he doesn't work on fridays ... so will have to double check on that. MIght go home that day after all and go back on monday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
could not find a head spinning smiley

So surgery is scheduled for April 29th.

His cost has gone up some from when Theo had it but I really felt comfortable with him and his staff so decideded to go with him.

One of the things I appreciated was in his pictures of others not all of the pictures were perfect. Of course the ones that weren't have had revisions, but he said its been awhile since that has been necessary.

He also showed evolution in his work, he does the nipples smaller now than originally.

Already talked with work so that worry is over with. I told them I'll probably need a minimum of 4 weeks off but I"ll have a better idea after surgery. Most likely I'll start back just working weekends or such. I also put out there that i could be up to a couple months but by the time we start getting busy again around mid july I should be back to normal speed hopefully.

I may or may not have tubes. Voloshin uses them only if there is excessive drainage, otherwise he prefers to remove any drainage via a needle. Says there is less risk of infection that way.

So nervous and excited at the same time. Now I just need to get odds and ends done and try to find someone to go down with me. Hopefully someone that can stay in the area that night, just seems like it would be easiest to go crash in a hotel verses an hour plus ride home. Also if I do that he'll check me the next day and then I can go home, otherwise I'd have to go back down in a couple days. hmmm just thought of a new question ... wondering how that will work since he doesn't work on fridays ... so will have to double check on that. MIght go home that day after all and go back on monday.

Congrats, Oopster, on finding someone you feel comfortable with.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote