Old 05-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation
Default "straight" women and Butches.

What is the fascination ?
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merlin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting question! I remember when I was in HS, I saw this short, very compact, masculine person I a letter jacket. She had a gaggle of girls around her. I Rember feeling very funny inside-I felt kind of anxious but didn't know why (I was 16). I asked who she was and my friend said, "oh that's Phil". I was fascinated by her. Still remember the moment I laid eyes on her having had no idea who or what she was. My journey to the femme I am today took me through my "straight" phase, my bi phase to the point where I could say honestly to myself, you were fascinated by Phil because you were always a lesbian attracted to butch women-coming out to myself just took a long time! That pull that I feel towards butch women I still can't explain: it just is! I personally think it is the ying and yang of it all, butches turn me on.
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Seems as though a lot of good thoughts have been shared, although this thread had a bit of a rough start. One thing that struck me is that the initial post was very short, played off the thread title, and gave no context. I think that much of the roughness might have been avoided if the question had been fleshed out a bit more up front. This is not at all intended as a criticism of Merlin. We struggle with the intricacies of online communication frequently, and I think lack of context doesn't help.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I was with a straight woman for 3 years. I ID as transgender though and she saw me as a guy. Our relationship was that of girl/guy.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #5
Cole610

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You, Dude
Relationship Status:
Single

Cole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST Reputation

I went to dinner with a "straight" woman from work last night.
After dinner we ended up at the river watching the big old blue moon rise.
I kissed her, she kissed me back. hehe.
Cole610 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cole610 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Femmes greatest cheerleader

FEMMES,FEMMES,FEMMES

They make my heart go BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #7
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Stuff View Post

FEMMES,FEMMES,FEMMES

They make my heart go BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

AMEN BROTHER, AMEN !
Old 10-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #8
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
I look in the mirror and it's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Quote:
I think it became chic to for straight women to have lesbian flings around the time Ellen DeGeneres came out, then Sex and the City had Samantha go through a phase with that gorgeous artist, Maria, played by Sonia Braga.
The scene where Maria ejaculated into Samantha's face was the funniest thing I'd seen all year.
Carrie made out with a woman (details evade me) and even Miranda tried it but it wasn't for her. In real life, however, she married a butch.
Back in the disco era, when sex was mostly recreational for many of us, I had a few flings with straight women. But once I matured and added a spiritual facet to sex and insisted that love be part of lovemaking (more often than not), I realized I was like a cat toy or an experiment for them, and it made me feel slightly used. Besides, I'm not a stone butch, so it was often unfulfilling after they had been satisfied.
I slept with a bisexual woman not long ago and it was not much fun. I kept worrying that she'd give me an STD or some rashy thing she got from a guy.
Jane Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #9
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Bond View Post
I think it became chic to for straight women to have lesbian flings around the time Ellen DeGeneres came out, then Sex and the City had Samantha go through a phase with that gorgeous artist, Maria, played by Sonia Braga.
The scene where Maria ejaculated into Samantha's face was the funniest thing I'd seen all year.
Carrie made out with a woman (details evade me) and even Miranda tried it but it wasn't for her. In real life, however, she married a butch.
Back in the disco era, when sex was mostly recreational for many of us, I had a few flings with straight women. But once I matured and added a spiritual facet to sex and insisted that love be part of lovemaking (more often than not), I realized I was like a cat toy or an experiment for them, and it made me feel slightly used. Besides, I'm not a stone butch, so it was often unfulfilling after they had been satisfied.
I slept with a bisexual woman not long ago and it was not much fun. I kept worrying that she'd give me an STD or some rashy thing she got from a guy.
I think you need to actually read up on STDs. Hint: if you can catch an std frm a bisexual woman, she can catch an std from you. Extra hint: why aren't you having safe sex and instead blaming cooties on someone else's vajayjay?
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
I look in the mirror and it's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
I think you need to actually read up on STDs. Hint: if you can catch an std frm a bisexual woman, she can catch an std from you. Extra hint: why aren't you having safe sex and instead blaming cooties on someone else's vajayjay?

This particular woman had been quite sexually active the long time I had known her, and in fact she had been treated for STDS several years ago in the past. Her behavior made me suspicious of most bisexuals.
I'm not a blamer; I take responsibility for my own actions. I have never had an STD of any kind because I have been careful.
Statements like, "..."instead of blaming cooties on someone else's vajayay" and telling me "what I need to read up on..."
seemed awfully judgmental considering I don't know you and you don't know me, what I do, or what I studied in college.
I thought about replying for quite a while, because I'm not looking to make enemies or get into cat fights on the site.
However, reading your comment again weeks later, it still seems like you were being snippy & presumptuous.
Can we start from scratch or would you prefer to scratch my face in that catfight I mentioned?
Jane Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
This particular woman had been quite sexually active the long time I had known her, and in fact she had been treated for STDS several years ago in the past. Her behavior made me suspicious of most bisexuals.
I'm not a blamer; I take responsibility for my own actions. I have never had an STD of any kind because I have been careful.

...snip...

I thought about replying for quite a while, because I'm not looking to make enemies or get into cat fights on the site.
However, reading your comment again weeks later, it still seems like you were being snippy & presumptuous.
Can we start from scratch or would you prefer to scratch my face in that catfight I mentioned?
Sooo...were you being factitious in your first post? Or just being snippy?

You say you had a less than delightful sexual experience with someone that you know has previously been treated for an STD and that you were concerned about catching something from her. Using that scenario, any sex in which you would be concerned about contracting an STD means that that person you are with is also capable of contracting something from you. That is the opposite of safe sex and belies the level of care you profess to take.

I can't imagine that anyone is ready to pounce and engage you in a catfight but you've got to be prepared to hear responses to what you put out into the Universe.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

It means if you can catch something from her, you aren't using safe sex, and as far as she knows she could catch something from you too.

You didn't say "this particular bisexual woman" you said "I slept with a bisexual woman"

Those are two very different sentences. If the person's sexuality did not have context in terms of getting an STD, why would you say her sexuality? Would you say "I slept with a lesbian and I was afraid of getting an STD"? Probably not, you'd likely leave her sexuality out of the sentence.

Using the word "bisexual" to connote a link to "std" is common.

Which is why I sniped. I personally think you are being slippery and disingenuous because the way you have constructed your sentences seems to point to STD and bisexual being linked.

And now you are trying to wiggle out of it.

I'm just some snipey biatch on the net so, I'm sure you don't give a toss, but you asked, so I'm giving you an answer.

If you are in a situation wherein you can catch an STD off someone, whether they have one or not, you are NOT having safe sex. You are saying "ew this scary bisexual coulda given me an std" and my point is "dude. Self responsibility. Have safe sex and you can't blame anyone." Get me, yet?

If you are confused as to the various different ways to protect yourself from various different STDs with female-female sexual relations, I can post a link.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 11-21-2015 at 08:34 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #13
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
. . . I realized I was like a cat toy . . .
I'm sorry, this made me laugh my butt off!

I know what you mean though. I've had a few experiences where the other person was my cat toy as well, although we both knew what the deal was and it was all good.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I have been attracted to butches ( I just called them 'tomboys' before I knew what a butch was) since puberty. Before puberty I was attracted to boys in a sort of general way. Meaning, I never imagined being naked with a boy...lol. My romantic daydreams played out something like a Disney movie. I have dated a few men in my life. Does that mean I'm bi? Not even a little bit. Life doesn't come with instructions, ya know...People are complex. I hate how we pigeonhole each other...

I'm still almost exclusively attracted to butches though I 'notice' hot femmes as well. I just don't want to date a femme. My main femme crushes are straight celebrities like the UFC girls. It's strange for me because I'm a total pacifist, but some of them make me a little giddy. I don't know why...
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

Is it easier for them to go for a butch,because visually they can maybe have the best of both worlds ?

Male looks,female anatomy ?
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #16
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Is it easier for them to go for a butch,because visually they can maybe have the best of both worlds ?

Male looks,female anatomy ?
For me: Female masculinity is hot.

It's not about the *best of both worlds*--it is about being aware of one's desires--and that goes both ways for butches as well as the femmes...and all people, no?
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I realise this is a bit off topic, but I've seen women go completely gaga over my bf when they find out he's trans ? What is it that they are looking for I wonder, how do they imagine he'd be different to any other guy?

I've never been butch but I have attracted a fair amount of straight women in my youth, so I'm not so weirded out by the straight girl/butch thing. I figure it's the woman-thing that attracts them, rather than any particular ID, just like some women like feminine men and some like masculine, so what you like tends to cross genders. I don't think it's necessarily a 'queer' attraction however, as straight doesn't mean narrow. If they were all porn would be the same, all kink would be the same and they'd all wear the same kind of underwear ... oh wait!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #18
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

What group June ? I will have a peek.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #19
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know.I guess some straight women are naturally drawn to anyone that looks and acts masculine...maybe being with me they did have the best of both worlds.With my current gf,i'd say the same could ring true...I was attracted to her femininity,even though she is not a femme...she's definitely a lesbian,though.

How come this statement makes me sad?...*shrugs*
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #20
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
This could be fetish-ization (What is the real word I am looking for?)
I suspected as much. It's a bit rubbish, sleeping with someone just to add to your life experience, though I guess it could be fun if you didn't mind being objectified..