Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 01-25-2017, 05:54 AM   #101
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the photo I think you're seeking and it would have stayed wth me, too.

(Kiyoko Shima, pictured with daughters Linda Shima-Tsuno (left) and Sallie Smith, drew attention during the Women’s March in Downtown Los Angeles on Saturday. (Photos courtesy of Randall Tsuno))

Here's the link to the photo in case you want to email the link to anyone not on the planet:

https://s29.postimg.org/x8ve87mfr/IMG_0039.jpg

And this is the website where I found the photo and story of Ms. Shima.

http://www.rafu.com/2017/01/ja-famil...-womens-march/

Thanks for telling us about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I've marched on Washington many times, but I never felt what I felt on Saturday. It was glorious. I resonate with the above posts about finally feeling hope again for the first time since the election. There were so many young women at the March. I got chills, and not because I was cold. It was actually warm enough for me to be outside for the whole day. Whew!

I don't have the skills to share a photo, but my sign said:

GRAB BACK!
FIGHT BACK!

NEVER GO BACK!

Besides my motorcycle club colors, I wore a rainbow feather boa, and I gave out rainbow leis to my Siren sisters, all also wearing our bad-ass motorcycle club patch. We weren't wearing pussy hats, but we did look fabulously gay. One of our signs said, 'Bykers Against Trump'. Several marchers told us how happy they were to see us because news media had been featuring a group which called itself Bikers For Trump, which had been pugnaciously declaring their intent to protect that idjit from whoever it is they think might threaten him. I was proud to be marching with a racially diverse group of women, and relieved that the leadership and message of the DC March was inclusive enough to draw a very diverse crowd.

The gorgeous variety and creativity of the sea of pussy hats in DC was impressive, but the most remarkable pussy hat moment was when I came upon a street vendor who was actually selling pink polar fleece knock-offs. I nearly hurt myself laughing to see that giant dude calling out to the assembled marchers, "PUSSY hats. Get your PUSSY HATS here".

I've been inspired to see the photos of worldwide marches and demonstrations. I loved the photo of the women in Antarctica, but one of my absolute favorites was of an elderly Japanese woman in a wheelchair whose sign said she had been interred for her race, and that we would never go back. Can someone with more advanced skills share that here if you come across it? Please and thank you.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #102
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
I was feeling sorry for her too, but I have to admit that this article gave me some things to consider (comments are interesting as well). Anyway, just passing it along:

Melania Trump Doesn't Deserve Your Sympathy
I've never felt sorry for her. She made her bed and now she has to lie in it. Of course, her bed is likely gold-plated and cost more than my car did. As mentioned, she's not his first wife. It's no surprise what was to be expected of her; to sit still, be quiet unless specifically directed otherwise and to be pretty.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #103
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
I noticed that also. I think he may love her in his own way, but Donald loves Donald (and work) first. Maybe, sadly, she's used to it or accepted it for the obvious perks of marrying him. In my opinion, she's no trophy but a highly intelligent woman with a naturally reserved manner. Despite having lived here for several years, she seems much more "European reserved" than American.
Highly intelligent, a recluse and happily married to some who continually cheats? The only way that would work is if she felt nothing for him at all and if it has become a marriage of convenience-vs-She apparently has said her father is like him so it's also possible she married the person closest to a replica of her father who she must worship?? In either case the weirdness is too much for my brain.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #104
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Day Without A Woman

In the spirit of women and their allies coming together for love and liberation, we offer A Day Without A Woman. via @womensmarch on Twitter

I will be putting in for that day off, tomorrow. I'm wondering if there will be marches (this date was just announced today as I understand it) but if not, I'll be occupying the woods somewhere =)

Old 02-14-2017, 06:31 PM   #105
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Women's March V-Day is live here: https://www.facebook.com/vday/videos...c_ref=NEWSFEED Kate Clinton is speaking now. Really wonderful to hear and watch.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #106
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The "A Day Without A Woman" puts me in mind of the late 70's or 80's "Alice Doesn't" boycott
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #107
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The "A Day Without A Woman" puts me in mind of the late 70's or 80's "Alice Doesn't" boycott
I don't think I know what that is. I Googled it but couldn't find anything. I did find this though for the Day Without A Woman strike: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/02/14...an-information and, while there isn't a lot of information around it yet as they just announced the date today, (I follow the Women's March on Twitter and Facebook though) which is also International Women's Day, I'm anxious to learn the details of any positive actions recommended and/or marches. etc. I love how this is a perceived long term protest. Four freaking year long protest lol I'm all in though. For the long haul.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #108
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, "Alice Doesn't" boycott was about women NOT doing all the things they would normally do in a day....like at work they should boycott making the coffee, fetching coffee for the boss, tidying up, etc etc. A home they boycotted doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming, all stuff deemed "woman's work".

The point was to show how much work women did and just how much would go undone if not for women.

Anyone, if I'm mistaken please fell free to correct me
Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #109
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
I don't think I know what that is. I Googled it but couldn't find anything. I did find this though for the Day Without A Woman strike: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/02/14...an-information and, while there isn't a lot of information around it yet as they just announced the date today, (I follow the Women's March on Twitter and Facebook though) which is also International Women's Day, I'm anxious to learn the details of any positive actions recommended and/or marches. etc. I love how this is a perceived long term protest. Four freaking year long protest lol I'm all in though. For the long haul.
It's a women's strike set for March 8th - details here

Oh - I see by your link... you found it. Just by a different name.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #110
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
It's a women's strike set for March 8th - details here

Oh - I see by your link... you found it. Just by a different name.
Easy, I think she meant she wasn't familiar with "Alice Doesn't" and had tried to Google that
Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #111
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Oh, "Alice Doesn't" boycott was about women NOT doing all the things they would normally do in a day....like at work they should boycott making the coffee, fetching coffee for the boss, tidying up, etc etc. A home they boycotted doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming, all stuff deemed "woman's work".

The point was to show how much work women did and just how much would go undone if not for women.

Anyone, if I'm mistaken please fell free to correct me
Not exactly correct. It was more than a boycott.

I marched in LA that day and this is a description from Civil Rights .edu:

"The NOW spokesperson describes a national labor strike scheduled for October 29, 1975, from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. in protest of women's marginalization and continued discrimination. The women involved in the strike seek to force business men, husbands, and other men to take seriously their demands for equal rights. As a testament of these women's refusal to continue to ignore sexism in American society, they adorn their shirts with buttons marked “Alice Doesn’t...Anywhere, Anymore!”

We marched from Westwood to UCLA.

I tried to post this picture showing the crowd at UCLA listening to speakers after the march but could not:

http://lit250v.library.ucla.edu/isla....latimes%3A190

The sadness is that we have come far since 1975 but still have so far to go.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #112
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Ashley Bennet was aghast after New Jersey politician John Carman posted a meme during the Women’s March this January, asking if the protest would be “over in time for them to cook dinner;” however, she put her anger to good use, running against Carman and defeating him to win his seat as an Atlantic County freeholder.

I guess he's got plenty of time to cook his own dinner now!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 05:26 AM   #113
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Last edited by Orema; 01-19-2020 at 05:42 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #114
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Photos from Women’s March 2020

Photos of Women’s March 2020 found at https://duckduckgo.com/

Last edited by Orema; 01-19-2020 at 10:52 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #115
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Chicago...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #116
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was honored to be one of the head organizers for our first Women's March in my city. It went SO well. It was only 10 degrees out and we had a storm blowing in 2 hours after the march speakers started but we still had a phenomenal turnout. The speakers were powerful- speaking on Climate change, Reproductive Justice, Immigration, and local history of issues that impact women in history. At one point I was running alongside the march on the sidewalk to try to see how far we were stretched out but I couldn't see the end. I almost cried when I saw that. It was such a powerful feeling seeing everyone coming together and knowing I was able to be part of making that happen. We ended the march where I work and for the first time ever in herstory, every room we have was at capacity. Everyone was kind and helpful and energized and positive. We had asked people to march with integrity and positivity and, for the most part, people did. Huge success and we are def on to do this again next year!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
equality, protests