Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #701
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

......Art Linkletter would be proud......

Any adults wish to make a bet on the 2016 presidential election?
Ooooo, I googled. "KIDS say the darnedest things" is your allusion. And then the ADULTS comment.

Kobi, being passive aggressive is not too mature. Just sayin.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #702
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I loved the Linkletter, but he was old fashioned, grew up watching it.
Dance all you want Martina I'm sure some of us would join you.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #703
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

......Art Linkletter would be proud......

Any adults wish to make a bet on the 2016 presidential election?
I say Rubio, Christie, Jeb Bush are all being looked at by the GOP.

I understand all eyes are on Hillary's final call when she leaves as SOS.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #704
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Ooooo, I googled. "KIDS say the darnedest things" is your allusion. And then the ADULTS comment.

Kobi, being passive aggressive is not too mature. Just sayin.

Passive aggressive indicates a clandestine form of communication for those who are unable or fearful of expressing their feelings or thoughts in a direct manner.

I am actually pretty straightforward, and pretty darn clever, and use humor and imagery well.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #705
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I am actually pretty straightforward, and pretty darn clever, and use humor and imagery well.

Lawd. *shakes head and displays a hint of a smile*
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #706
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Lawd. *shakes head and displays a hint of a smile*

I think I'm growing on her......

albeit perhaps like mold on wet sheet rock......

but its progress.......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #707
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Is anyone else following some of the more entertaining petitions on the whitehouse.gov site?

My favorite funnies....at least I hope they were meant to be funny......

1. Establish new legal system of motorcycle riding "Judges" who serve as police, judge, jury, and executioner all in one.

2. Allow United States Military service members to place their hands in their pockets.

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the bonds of service to the United States military, this regretful termination of service to this great nation is often precipitated by inane uniform and personal conduct policies.

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all uniforms have pockets and hands fit perfectly inside them, and they sheathe our knife hands gloriously. It must be acknowledged that placing one's hands in one's pockets is not a sign of disrespect, but a precautionary action to prevent injuries.

Therefore, these undeniable truths being told, the service members of the United States military respectfully request the President of the United States to restore our sacred right to place our hands in our pockets -- on or off duty.

3. provide University graduates ability to trade their diplomas back for 100% tuition refunds.

Because of the inability of recent college graduates to find gainful employment in order to repay their college debt, and since this college debt cannot be eliminated in bankruptcy, and most of the recent additions to the job market have been in service related industries, the Obama administration should take up the cause of reducing college debt and hold those accountable responsible.

In the name of Consumer Protection, recent college graduates should have the ability to return the diploma and not make any reference to receiving education from the college in exchange for a 100% refund of college tuition. This may be extended with a graduated (ha, get it?) reduction for the last four years, with a red line at January 20, 2008.

4. have the President to attend a Fark.com party. If scheduling does not permit, at least have a beer with Drew Curtis

Too many serious petitions on this site asking the President to work his butt off. We believe that he should have a chance to have a good time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #708
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I'm too busy following the latest idiotic moves by John McCain. He's so concerned about Benghazi and wants Watergate-like hearings. Plus he will do whatever is in his power to block Susan Rice from becoming Secretary of State. Meanwhile he was too busy ranting in front of cameras at his press conference yesterday that he missed a classified intelligence briefing on a Senate committee he's serving on. It was a three hour briefing with testimony from officials from the State Department, the Pentagon, the CIA and the National Counterterrorism Center about Benghazi. Apparently there was a "scheduling error."

He calls the Whitehouse administration incompetent and Susan Rice not very bright. This from the man who picked Sarah Palin as his running mate and voted for Condoleezza Rice for Secretary of State despite all of the untruths she passed along from the Bush administration, whereas Susan Rice was not involved in Benghazi and was just the messenger based on CIA briefings on what was known at the time. Yeah he's real concerned about Benghazi.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #709
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I'm too busy following the latest idiotic moves by John McCain. He's so concerned about Benghazi and wants Watergate-like hearings. Plus he will do whatever is in his power to block Susan Rice from becoming Secretary of State. Meanwhile he was too busy ranting in front of cameras at his press conference yesterday that he missed a classified intelligence briefing on a Senate committee he's serving on. It was a three hour briefing with testimony from officials from the State Department, the Pentagon, the CIA and the National Counterterrorism Center about Benghazi. Apparently there was a "scheduling error."

He calls the Whitehouse administration incompetent and Susan Rice not very bright. This from the man who picked Sarah Palin as his running mate and voted for Condoleezza Rice for Secretary of State despite all of the untruths she passed along from the Bush administration, whereas Susan Rice was not involved in Benghazi and was just the messenger based on CIA briefings on what was known at the time. Yeah he's real concerned about Benghazi.

The man is clearly out of his mind, and off the brink.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #710
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default Voting and the Gender Gap

Kay S. Hymowitz
The Misunderstood Gender Gap
Women’s voting habits have less to do with their sex than the media think.
16 November 2012

Romney lost the black, Hispanic, and Asian vote, while he won the college-educated vote (though not post-grads), the votes of those making over $50,000 a year, and the votes of older Generation X-ers, Baby Boomers, and voters over 65. In other words, married women voted less as part of a sisterhood than as part of a cohort of white people holding college diplomas, earning more than $50,000 a year, and wearing reading glasses.

http://www.city-journal.org/2012/eon1116kh.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #711
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Kay S. Hymowitz
The Misunderstood Gender Gap
Women’s voting habits have less to do with their sex than the media think.
16 November 2012

Romney lost the black, Hispanic, and Asian vote, while he won the college-educated vote (though not post-grads), the votes of those making over $50,000 a year, and the votes of older Generation X-ers, Baby Boomers, and voters over 65. In other words, married women voted less as part of a sisterhood than as part of a cohort of white people holding college diplomas, earning more than $50,000 a year, and wearing reading glasses.

http://www.city-journal.org/2012/eon1116kh.html

Thanks for posting this Greyson. It is important to break stuff down a little more than the media and politicans like to do.

Kay Hymowitz is a bit of a controversial figure in "analyzing" data that involves women. Sometimes, she comes across as a modern day Phyllis Schafly.

She has written a few controversial books that have both some merit and some wtf moments. Her book "Manning Up: How The Rise Of Women Have Turned Men Into Boys was interesting tho difficult to read. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Manning-Up-Rise-Women-Turned/dp/0465028365"]Amazon.com description.[/ame]

And then there are her thoughts on why the gender wage gap will never go away i.e. Women prefer the Mommy track

Women of color might have a bit of a problem with [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Marriage-Caste-America-Separate-Post-Marital/dp/1566637538"]Marriage and Caste in America: Separate and Unequal Families in a Post-Marital Age [/ame]

Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #712
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks for posting this Greyson. It is important to break stuff down a little more than the media and politicans like to do.

Kay Hymowitz is a bit of a controversial figure in "analyzing" data that involves women. Sometimes, she comes across as a modern day Phyllis Schafly.

She has written a few controversial books that have both some merit and some wtf moments. Her book "Manning Up: How The Rise Of Women Have Turned Men Into Boys was interesting tho difficult to read. Amazon.com description.

And then there are her thoughts on why the gender wage gap will never go away i.e. Women prefer the Mommy track

Women of color might have a bit of a problem with Marriage and Caste in America: Separate and Unequal Families in a Post-Marital Age

Thanks Kobi. I found this article in "The City." A popular read for Urban Planners. I did not know of her writings but I do appreciate you showing me, us.

I do not always agree with stuff I post but I post it because I think there is some relevence to pieces of it. But really, I do appreciate your follow up post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #713
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Delicious irony alert: Mitt Romney's final vote tally nears 47 percent

The defeated GOP candidate famously disparaged Obama as the candidate of the 47 percent. Now, liberals gleefully view Mitt's final tally as poetic justice.

Got to love irony.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #714
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

GOP Assembles All White Male Roster of House Committee Chairmen for Upcoming Congress
Neetzan Zimmerman

It was somewhat disappointing, though not particularly surprising, when House Speaker John Boehner announced yesterday that the GOP's 19 House committee chairs will be occupied exclusively by white men starting next year.

For one thing, the current Congress has only a single minority chairperson — Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), a Hispanic woman.

For another thing, the GOP itself is composed almost entirely of white men: Of the 234 (or 235) Republicans that make up the 113th Congress, only 20 are women, seven are Hispanic, and one is African-American.

Compare that with the Democrats, who, for the first time, will count white male lawmakers in the minority.

The news isn't all bad for female Republican representatives. Four of them were selected for Boehner's leadership team:

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., will be the Republican Conference Chairman, the fourth top Republican in the House, Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Kan., will be the conference's vice-chair, and Rep. Virginia Foxx, R-N.C., will act as conference secretary.

Still, the fact remains that Republicans aren't showing any willingness to learn from their mistakes — namely, the disregard for minorities that just cost them a presidential election.

As Rachel Maddow said of the image at the top of the post: "This is what you can clip and save for the next time someone in the beltway tells you how seriously the Republican party is taking its diversity problem this year."
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: