Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 08-14-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Concealed weapons. Yes or No ???

Concealed weapons. Yes or No?
Coming from a transplanted State. To which the law, has exceptions. Via- Ex. Pre's. Bush. I have the right to bear arms.
Now coming from Hawaii,to which I didn't need to bear arms, unless hunting.
My question is to Bear Arms or Not?
Now mind you, Texas is one of the most "up status states" for violent crimes. To which one is even afraid to answer a door bell, yet alone go to a gas station to pump gas after 8:00 P. M Yet we are "Not known for vigilantly styles, or aggressiveness".
My question, is... Do you feel that there is "a right to bear arms," more so a concealed weapon with a license. Or do you. Take your chances and go without?
I struggle with this issue. I have used a riffle for hunting. I have used a weapon in the military. But I have true issue with people getting a concealed license, with the right to carry. And not knowing how to use the weapon properly yet alone with a history of violent past involved. What is your thought on this?
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hell No

I don't interpret the right to bear arms (which we do have and I cool with being able to fend off an occupying force) as the right to carry a concealed weapon. It's bad enough out here. We can have everybody blasting away at each other. And no I can't do it just because everybody else is doing it.

It boils down to I have to be the world I want to see.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Blaze, I don't know what city your living in where your afraid to answer your door bell or pump gas after 8 pm. Could it be you live in a bad side of your city?
If you live in Dallas or Houston, or some other large city, yeah, I would bet you might.I grew up in Houston, and I moved from there when I was around 21. When I was 25 one of my friends that Ets'd from the military went home to Houston, and while she was sitting at a red light she was car jacked. Had she had a gun, maybe she might have been able to protect herself, maybe not, it all depends on the circumstances involved.
I grew up here in Texas, lived here almost all my life of 46 years, going on 47, and honestly can't say the folks here in Texas would be gunslingers with a license to carry a concealed firearm. I am all for it. We already have the so called Make My Day law here where you have the right to shoot anyone stealing from you on your property or breaking into your home.
Granted there is a lot of crime sure, and it's not just in Texas, it's all over.
The gangs are taking over, drugs are taking over, bad economy always add to that, etc,....etc...etc.
The Fact is........just this...........you have to have a complete background check done on you before you can have the license to carry.
Yeah, folks will fall through the cracks, but that is a system fault they have with the way it's set up. It needs to be a nationwide search on the individual, not just local for one state.
I am for the right to bear arms, I wouldn't have our Constitution changed one I oda. I am for the right to protect your property and yourself and family or anyone in your home or even your dog in your yard for that matter.
As far as handguns being concealed, they make you take a training class too.
Why not carry concealed ? Hell the criminals do. I would also venture to say that there are just as many if not more firearms that are in the hands of criminals than just regular law abiding citizens.
Do I personally own a gun, No I don't. Have I ever used one, Yes, I have, hunting many moons ago.
Our forefathers wanted us as citizens to have the right to bear arms and I don't think of it any other way, and carrying a concealed weapon for your own protection is just one way in an individuals right to bear arms.
It's how this country was formed.

Just my 2 cents...you can take it with you or leave it in the change drop at the store by the register.

ETA: I also lived in Michigan, just outside of Detroit where the cops won't even bother coming out when your carjacked, cause the crime there is so rampant, they don't even do anything about stolen vehicles. A coworker's son was carjacked at the very same light I used to stop at and turn to get home. Interesting isn't it? He called the cops, they told him it would be worthless to even come out and get a description of the Perps that stole it. That it would be a waste of time. To just come in to your local precinct and file a report and file on his insurance cause the car would be LONG GONE and STRIPPED.And never mind the Perps hand a gun when they did it.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #4
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

The police can't protect you every second. It is YOUR duty to protect and defend yourself and your loved ones. Even if your in pro gun Texas, I heard even letting part of your holster show, or even an outline of your gun is called "printing", and may get you in trouble.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

There's a reason that 70% of murders in the USA are done with guns, while only 30% of murders in Canada are done with guns.

That's all I have to say about that.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great thread Blaze!!!

I don't like guns. I have a scar on my forehead from being hit by one and I will never forget the smell of it in my face after it had been used. I do however believe in a persons' right to get a concealed weapons license if it is deemed necessary to their safety. A dear friend of mine has one because she had a guy stalk her and threaten to kill her over and over again. It goes everywhere with her no matter where she goes, even church on Sundays. Her philososphy is "if he finds me I am dead no matter what, with my gun I have a chance".
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #7
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I don't interpret the right to bear arms (which we do have and I cool with being able to fend off an occupying force) as the right to carry a concealed weapon. It's bad enough out here. We can have everybody blasting away at each other. And no I can't do it just because everybody else is doing it.

I mirror this statement. I think the right to bear arms doesn't necessarily mean carry one with you at all times. Defending your home is one thing, but to carry one with you at all times? No. (Most) people cannot be trusted with a gun.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #8
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have mixed feelings about it. In a perfect world, my world, there wouldnt be a need for guns at all. I have shot guns but I also like to shoot skeet and target. I agree with Turtle that its my spiritual responsibility to create a consciousness that doesnt manifest any violence. At the same time I know that we live in an insane world where change is happening rapidly. I prepare myself for disaster and this includes guns and ammo to protect myself and property. I may get a handgun but at this time I dont feel a need to carry it around "concealed" but I certainly want the right to do so. Anyone can obtain a gun and conceal it. It all boils down to intention.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

well I do have a permit to carry concealed and had to go through a bit to get it. Because of what I do it is a need. I don't carry all the time but with recent events I am glad I have it . A local police officer was at his home working on his car when a person he had perviously arrested asulted him no he did not have to discarge the firearm but it think of what could have happened. yes if you are going to have a firearm you need to know how to use it properly and it is a lot of responsabliy. you never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to kill.. one of the range rules
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #10
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I do believe in conceal carry. I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I am a avid shooter. Both shotgun and pistols. The sheriffs
dept. here has a fantastic facility here to use.
My dad taught me to shoot when I was very young. I was taught gun safety, and have always been a responsible gun owner.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #11
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, if properly trained.

By the way, most crimes commited in the US, where guns are involved, have more to do with illegal weapons. It's not the people running around with CCW's killing people and commiting crimes.

You have to take a very informative class to obtain a CCW. One of the many things that stuck out in that class was the fact that most people trying to protect themselves are killed with their own gun.
Even more important to consider is that if you are in bed and say have your hand gun in your night stand and someone comes in to your room, you have less than 3 seconds to react. Not good odds to bring a gun into the mix.
I think everyone should take that course, not get the CCW but educate themselves on the topic.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

yes I believe in carry conceal. Chances are the people following the law and obtaining a CC are not the ones committing violent crimes. Most states have classes on CC that you take before you are granted a CC, this includes shooting the gun at different ranges accurately.

I carry a pistol in my truck. I don't carry a pistol on my person, here it is considered going in terror of the public or something like that, but I have seen people carry them openly those people are few and far between, way few and far between. I do carry my pistol in plain view on the seat of my truck when I'm in it.

Would I use it? Certainly. Thus the phrase "don't fuck with me I fuck back"

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
I don't like guns. I have a scar on my forehead from being hit by one and I will never forget the smell of it in my face after it had been used. I do however believe in a persons' right to get a concealed weapons license if it is deemed necessary to their safety. A dear friend of mine has one because she had a guy stalk her and threaten to kill her over and over again. It goes everywhere with her no matter where she goes, even church on Sundays. Her philososphy is "if he finds me I am dead no matter what, with my gun I have a chance".
I'm sorry this happened to you Weatherboi.

In case you or your friend don't know, it is illegal to take a fire arm into a church. CCW or not. That includes hospitals, schools (any type) obviously any type of government building. The list goes on. This information is obtainable with the CCW or just asking at any police department.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wow, now this is very interesting indeed. Yesterday at lunch with a bunch of Doctors and Nurses. We got into this conversation/argument. It all started because when one of our Nurses went to Starbucks to get coffee, she walked into the cafe and looked around and said that pretty much everyone in the cafe had their holsters openly showing and pistols just a shinning. She said she felt safe, knowing she could walk out without worrying about getting mugged with all the hardware she seen.
Oh and what really hit the nail in the coffin to say... Is Harris County just made a new law, to which everyone is jumping aboard and trying to get a CC Lic. The law is; If you have a Concealed document, you don't have to stand in the long court lines like everyone else, You present your document and you are let in on the side entrance, So you get your stuff done faster and no more standing in an hour or so line.
To which started off the conversation/argument. I for one have a CC lic. But I haven't felt the need (Yet) to carry on my persons as Blade stated. And yes, I agree with Mr.Sunshine. You should be trained and educated and everyone should take the course. It's true, higher crimes are carried out by those who are not trained, and have illegal weapons. I have learned more from this group than with our one hour argument/convo at work. It got kind of testy lol, glad none of our faculty can't carry a weapon into the hospital. I want to thank everyone for their points of views, knowledge and in depth feelings, and I look forward to hearing more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Sure, go ahead, give everyone a carry permit. Let them stuff as many concealed guns down their jeans as it takes to make their dicks look nice and big.

Ban bullets instead.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #16
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

And... I guess the matters got worse when the new law was thrown into the conversation. Harris County law; If you show up at court with a Concealed weapons document. You will be let in from a side line. To which you will not have to stand in an hour line anymore, you will be let in quickly. To which there is a mad house of people signed up for the courses now, and there is a waiting list.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #17
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post

48 states allow CCW; many for a very long time. The premise that these permits would result in a return to the Wild West has not borne out. Most people do not want to shoot another person just for the heck of it - it's for self-defense when faced with a choice between life and death/serious harm. I'm not afraid of CCW permit holders; it's the citizens with firearms who have no formal training that I'm scared of. And, the criminals, of course.
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #18
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I think an interesting fact that many may not know is, certain sizes of self-defense sprays, and any electronic device designed to shock an individual are indeed considered to be concealed weapons by the CCW.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #19
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Blaze you said your friend felt safe around people brandishing weapons openly. Chuckling...that isn't carry conceal. Here I believe unless these people are obviously officers or detectives that would be considered going in terror of the public.

If people are openly carrying weapons, it might seem a little scary to me depending on the situation. I say that because I have been shooting since a very early age and I'm not one who is quick to react without thinking things thru in stressful situations. However, I don't know what others deem a dangerous situation, and I'd prefer to determine that and defend myself if possible, and not have random people shooting around me and hoping they are hitting the bad guy. Jus sayin.....

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Concealed Permits are Far Reaching

Its a tough issue, really.

I dont want my rights limited. I want the option to carry (though surprisingly enough I dont) if and when I want to. I also want the public to have the means to protect themselves if and when a violent incident occurs.

And, I would rather know who is carrying by seeing it strapped in a retentive holster, rather than concealed under clothing or tucked in a waistband...

But Open Carry laws dont require a Concealed Permit.
You can strap it visibly to your hip, in a retentive holster, without concealing it and be protected under Open Carry with no training, certificationor license.

You must be 21
you cannot have been convicted of a felony, DV, addicted to drugs/alcohol or involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
there are a host of other "rules" one must follow.

And if you do have a permit, WA's Concealed Permit is recognized in these states : AK, AR, AZ, FL, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, MO, NC, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT

And if youre a bad guy your going to carry no matter what, for whatever reason or intent you may have...

So I just have to assume that everyone is carrying.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post: