Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Being Topless and The Law!

Let's GO TOPLESS!

In 1992 New York's highest state court ruled that women could be topfree in public. Since 1992 women in the highly populous State of New York have enjoyed the right to bare their chests whenever men could do so. As one New York Justice wrote in his concurring opinion, "One of the most important purposes to be served by the equal protection clause is to ensure that 'public sensibilities' grounded in prejudice and unexamined sterotypes do not become enshrined as part of the official policy of government."

http://www.gotopless.org/

TOPLESS LAWS

In the following places, top freedom is in effect:

Canada
Some provinces of Canada including
British Columbia
Manitoba
Ontario (where equality has been tested and upheld several times)

United States
California coast, such as Santa Cruz
Hawaii
Maine
New York - text of the law in NY: http://naturisteducation.org/Toni_Eg...antorelli.html
Ohio
Texas

Cities
Some cities and localities of the United States, including
Boulder, Colorado
Eugene, Oregon
Portland, Oregon
Ashland, Oregon
Oregon Country Fair
Lucy Vincent beach in Chilmark on Martha's Vineyard
South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida
Key West, Florida
Fantasy Fest
New Orleans, Louisiana
Mardi Gras
Washington, D.C.
Columbus, OH

Even where topfree is legal, police might still arrest those practicing it for disorderly conduct or similar charges but do not let that deter you from exercising your constitutional right.

If you are going topless in public in these cities and not breaking the law behaving in a disorderly manner, no one can incriminate you. If they do... sue them as Phoenix Feeley did in NYC in 2007 and earned $29,000 in that lawsuit. Don't let the police get away with violating your top free rights. The law is the law and the police must follow it too!

In those cities, enjoy this newly found freedom that women fought very hard to earn for us!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

OMG... did u ever get my attention on this one...Hellooooo yes!! Ths pic is right spot on btw.I knew about NOLA but never expected Texas to be in the list..I hear they make em bgger and better in Texas..just sayin.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

In Virginia, the law regarding indecent exposure/ nudity reads as follows:
"§ 18.2-387. Indecent exposure.

Every person who intentionally makes an obscene display or exposure of his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. No person shall be deemed to be in violation of this section for breastfeeding a child in any public place or any place where others are present.

(Code 1950, § 18.1-236; 1960, c. 233; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1994, c. 398.)"

So, I asked a friend one night, while growing increasingly incensed that I was in a dyke bar sweating my ass off, as it was a typical 95 degree Summer evening in the south, watching the gay boys dancing their sweaty asses off topless..." why that was ok and not for a woman?" Her response was because women had to cover their nipples. hmmm... I sat. I sweated. I went and asked Vicky ( the owner of the bar and old friend) for some duct tape. I cut a couple strips, covered my nipples and took off my shirt. Heh. You would have thought I dropped a damned bomb in the place.
Most of the dykes there were very supportive when one of the employees came over and told me to put my shirt back on and I questioned why men got to come into a dyke bar and take off half of their clothes but we couldn't. The cute lil gay boy decided quite loudly that I was just a bitter old dyke. To which I responded " yes, and you have just epitomized male privilege in a dyke bar and all of us should be shot for allowing it".
Vicky caught my attention and we chatted a bit. Her chat was pretty short. " Jess, they are just not ready." Once again, I let my heart sigh, put on my shirt and shook my head at the absolute travesty. I reminded Vicky, that she thought they weren't ready for drag king shows when I first talked to her about hosting them. They are now, of course, one of her most lucrative events.

I would LOVE to be able to work in my yard or lay in my pool with no top on. We have planted 58 cypress trees around the back part of the property so that eventually we can do that.

KUDOS! To the women of NYC and other areas who have fought for women's bodies to not be vilified!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

There was a topless march here (Portland, ME) last year. Some controversy arose when men joined in. Details here:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Wome...-incident.html

I don't know HOW I missed that. Personally, though, I'd like it to go the other way. I don't want to see men walking around downtown without shirts on. It's classless. Wish they'd make it mandatory for all to wear shirts.

(NOTE: I spent 8 years frequenting the nude Black's Beach in La Jolla Ca. I'm not against nudity--just nudity where it's inappropriate.)
Old 07-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
The only time I ever went topless was the one time I went to MWMF. The first day, when I was putting up my tent, I went down to a lace bra and my skirt. It was probably two days later that I decided to walk down to the showers with just a towel wrapped around my waist. It felt really nice and natural to do that.

Even though I live in Portland, I would not walk around in parks topless, it would not feel safe to do that.
When you went where? Monday Wednesday Monday Friday? I wanna go with or without a top.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The only time I ever went topless was the one time I went to MWMF. The first day, when I was putting up my tent, I went down to a lace bra and my skirt. It was probably two days later that I decided to walk down to the showers with just a towel wrapped around my waist. It felt really nice and natural to do that.

Even though I live in Portland, I would not walk around in parks topless, it would not feel safe to do that.

That reminds me: I whipped my shirt off on my birthday this year at Scarborough Beach. The New Englander reaction was... dramatic. I've never seen so many jaws drop. (And believe you, me, I've made a lot of jaws drop.) I had my son and my dog with me. Both took it in stride. They know the Mama.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Michigan Womyn's Music Festival. And yes, you might want to go there. I don't because of their policy on who is, and who ain't a woman, which doesn't match up with my personal core values, but I think everyone needs to make their own decision about that.
Ahhh ok that makes more sense. I don't think i've ever went topless in public. Well, flashing drivers doesn't count does it?

I could have been a nudist though. There is definately something freeing about it. Inside my home? heck yeah...frequently. My bra and sometimes my top are like my shoes...they come off when i hit that front door...well as long as i'm alone and my boys aren't around.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
..I hear they make em bgger and better in Texas..just sayin.
That is just PIG-ISH.....the kind of comment I'd expect to see from a man.

When will women be treated as more than Tit's and Ass.......sickens me, and you owe (at least me) if nobody else an apology.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

I could have been a nudist though. There is definately something freeing about it. Inside my home? heck yeah...frequently. My bra and sometimes my top are like my shoes...they come off when i hit that front door...well as long as i'm alone and my boys aren't around.
Yeah, I call myself a closet nudist.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OMG... did u ever get my attention on this one...Hellooooo yes!! Ths pic is right spot on btw.I knew about NOLA but never expected Texas to be in the list..I hear they make em bgger and better in Texas..just sayin.
How old are you? Do you really think it's appropriate to come in here and act like a drunk frat boy at a Mardi Gras parade?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
Dreams
In memory of

How Do You Identify?:
self proclaimed ruler of nekid monday's
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you..
Relationship Status:
busy..

Dreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST Reputation

*sigh*....here we go..

It is good to have an end to journey towards,
but it is the journey that matters in the end.
Ursula Le Guin
Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreams For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
That is just PIG-ISH.....the kind of comment I'd expect to see from a man.

When will women be treated as more than Tit's and Ass.......sickens me, and you owe (at least me) if nobody else an apology.

Yes mam,my comment came at an instant and very inocent moment,My sincerest appology to you and anyone else I may have offended.I promiss to be more carefull from now on as no offence was ment.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #13
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes mam,my comment came at an instant and very inocent moment,My sincerest appology to you and anyone else I may have offended.I promiss to be more carefull from now on as no offence was ment.
Thankyou Rockin. I was quite shocked that came from you. You are always a gentleman around the ladies. The appology is accepted.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
SomethingBeautiful

How Do You Identify?:
Neither butch nor femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, captain? :P
Relationship Status:
Existant & no so complex anymore

SomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST ReputationSomethingBeautiful Has the BEST Reputation

Much respect to those who have no shame in going topless! I've never done it unless it was in private, or in my own home. Perhaps someday I'll get the nerve.
SomethingBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SomethingBeautiful For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

MWMF topless here the first time I went, it was great, younger days at Columbus Pride when the kids did not attend. I would do it more if people weren't so uptight.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
How old are you? Do you really think it's appropriate to come in here and act like a drunk frat boy at a Mardi Gras parade?
Mam im 64 years old and over the years have been one to not say much about anything,there have been times I wish I had been a drunken frat boy haveing a good time at Mardi Gras insted of the super responsable person who did all that was expected of me and them some while everyone went on with life haveing a good time.But with a sublect like this im surprised im the onlyone who has made any comment.End of statement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Thankyou Rockin. I was quite shocked that came from you. You are always a gentleman around the ladies. The appology is accepted.
Thank you very much,I would like to drop the subject and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

This is fascinating, and I was completely unaware. Thank you so much for sharing. My kids, at a young age, were raised to understand that bodies were only skin. It wasn't until circumstance caused us to live with others that they became ashamed of their bodies. It makes me proud that there are people who understand that by making children (and people) comfortable with their bodies we empower them.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #19
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Ok. I have a question. What's with the recommended reading?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #20
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Michigan Womyn's Music Festival. And yes, you might want to go there. I don't because of their policy on who is, and who ain't a woman, which doesn't match up with my personal core values, but I think everyone needs to make their own decision about that.
When I was writing for lgbt magazines back in the 80's - I wrote an article "Where the Boys are?" About the MWMF discrimination against male children. Boy children under the age of 4 were allowed to be with their Momma's - Boys over the age of 4 were placed in the boy came with other boys up to the age of 12. They were not allowed on the grounds -- In fact, their little camp was set up next to the parking lot.

I remember going before my kids were born - and being topless (lol) after learning their rules on male children - I stopped.

I agree June -- Everyone needs to make their own decisions.

Complete derail!

Julie

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post: