Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #441
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Do you have winter there? Neil walker tweeted it was 72 degrees before one of the games and it was almost 100 here, yet we are the same latitude......September can have some cold nights, not that we've been in any play offs for 20 years, October can mirror April.....You know cold enough to snow! Please, lets not rush it, I'm not ready to put the kayaks away yet. I still say the Bo sox and the Giants in the World series.....Philly is starting to cool down some (but have you checked out Atlanta??? )
No... gotta keep the kayaks out! Oh, how I miss mine- I long to go in McCovey Cove in it!!

LOL, yes, we have winter here. And actually fairly cool summers- lots of fog where I live (near the Bay). It can get very cold in winter and it is very damp. Not a good thing for my old joints! It has snowed here, but that is very unusual.

Now, I grew up in my teen years in the Lake Tahoe area in the El Dorado mountain range. YES it snows there!!! really snows there! Actually, there are many snow areas in CA.

Atlanta is smacking the hell out of my guys. Hummm... Philly cooling down, eh?

I just don't really see SF back in the WS, no repeat. We are so beat-up right now and out of sync, I am just hoping for them to get back in 1st place. But the Dbacks have been playing very good ball. We have been chasing them for over a week now- we were in 1st most of the season!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #442
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Giants 66-57
Braves 72-51
d Backs 69-53
Phillies 78-42 (wow ha?)
Pirates 58-63
Cards 63-58

So yes, those Braves are making a sneak attack! This may be an interesting finish. Oh, a statistic I just pulled off the 6 oclock news. PNC park has been open 10 years now. Garrett Jones is the only Pirate to hit the ball into the river...and he has done it twice. He did it on opening day last year. I was trying to get a film clip of the Mc cutchen catch. It looked ordinary to us. They showed us 5 others just like it. Excellence never gets old. Especially when there is no arrogance or ego with it. Thats why I like this team.

UUUgh, 2 nothing already, Cards, top of first.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #443
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Gawd it just keeps getting better. Ortiz is sporting a walking boot for bursitis. Youkilis was put on the DL for his back problems. JD Drew is making his usual and customary summer vacation on the DL.

Ok who wants to play 3rd or DH?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #444
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Kobi..is Ortiz on the 15 day? Bursistis in his ankle I presume......OUCH.

We are (knocking on wood) healthy finally. Big weekend with the reds, then the brewers. I'll be kayaking and getting my baseball fixes.

I do believe you were right, this may all change in the next couple of weeks.

Redundant. Baseball is Streaky.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #445
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default what? what did I say?

Let's laugh.....half way, wait for *here, pick this shit up* LoL
I have always wondered what they talked about out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #446
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Kobi..is Ortiz on the 15 day? Bursistis in his ankle I presume......OUCH.

We are (knocking on wood) healthy finally. Big weekend with the reds, then the brewers. I'll be kayaking and getting my baseball fixes.

I do believe you were right, this may all change in the next couple of weeks.

Redundant. Baseball is Streaky.

Ortiz isnt on the disabled list yet. The bursitis is in his heel. I cant phathom bursitis resolving in a matter of days but he is listed as day to day.

If we had a designated runner position for designated hitters.......I'm kidding.....kind of. LOL.

Even with Ortiz and Youk out, we are holding our own for the moment. But the bench is very thin on power which is worrisome seeing the Rangers are our next opponents and the Yanks are on tap for next weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #447
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Giants 66-57
Braves 72-51
d Backs 69-53
Phillies 78-42 (wow ha?)
Pirates 58-63
Cards 63-58

So yes, those Braves are making a sneak attack! This may be an interesting finish. Oh, a statistic I just pulled off the 6 oclock news. PNC park has been open 10 years now. Garrett Jones is the only Pirate to hit the ball into the river...and he has done it twice. He did it on opening day last year. I was trying to get a film clip of the Mc cutchen catch. It looked ordinary to us. They showed us 5 others just like it. Excellence never gets old. Especially when there is no arrogance or ego with it. Thats why I like this team.

UUUgh, 2 nothing already, Cards, top of first.
SF lost another one last night to the Astros....

The team is a mess! Both of the players we got in trades for offense have been injured as well as key players along with zero hitting by who is left!! So damn frustrating!!!

I so hear you with what has happened with your Pirates!

And Kobe's team is dealing with the same mess.... it is going to be a long August!

I so agree with heartfelt fan support for teams without arrogant, egotistical players. One of the reasons my Giants made me so proud last season. Watching guys that are scrappers in baseball that work together is so much a part of why I love baseball. This still exists in the game with certain teams.

I think two of my nephews are going to go to one more game with me in September- gotta yak with them today to set it up. Eve with what is going on with SF, tix sell out for any home game right off. Want to see them play Az at the yard.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #448
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
SF lost another one last night to the Astros....

The team is a mess! Both of the players we got in trades for offense have been injured as well as key players along with zero hitting by who is left!! So damn frustrating!!!

I so hear you with what has happened with your Pirates!

And Kobe's team is dealing with the same mess.... it is going to be a long August!

I so agree with heartfelt fan support for teams without arrogant, egotistical players. One of the reasons my Giants made me so proud last season. Watching guys that are scrappers in baseball that work together is so much a part of why I love baseball. This still exists in the game with certain teams.

I think two of my nephews are going to go to one more game with me in September- gotta yak with them today to set it up. Eve with what is going on with SF, tix sell out for any home game right off. Want to see them play Az at the yard.
Yep it sucks the big one. I know Beltran is hurt - is Beltran ever healthy? Is Keppinger hurt too? He spends as much time on the DL as JD DRew. We might be willing to part with JD in case you need more people to add to your DL crew LOL.

It is frustrating and aggravating.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #449
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Tampa Bay is filming their it gets better video Tuesday. I shall be there. We aren't doing great but we are doing better. We are 9 games back but I was expecting worse.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #450
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbittenpoet View Post
Tampa Bay is filming their it gets better video Tuesday. I shall be there. We aren't doing great but we are doing better. We are 9 games back but I was expecting worse.

What is a it gets better video?

Tampa Bay is an awesome team. You have some stupendous hitters and a terrific pitching staff. They just dont seem to be working together as well as I expected them too. If they pull it together in September, I will be making buttons here. LOL. Yanks, Tampa, make a BoSox fan cringe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #451
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I am a Red Sox fan, through and through, but I'm in Chicago visiting a friend and so as a gift to her, I'm taking her to a Cubs game tomorrow. I absolutely LOVE baseball and even though the Cubs aren't my team, you can bet your britches I'll be rooting for them just because she is!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 03:18 AM   #452
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

GGRRRRRRR!!! SF lost again- to the Astros- the team with the worst record of the season that they play!!! I want to scream!!!

But the Dback keep losing too- so we are still with 2 of 1st place. But, my guys have got to get those bats going!!!

I realized tonight that last August was rough for SF too- and Tim Lincecum was in an awful slump. Maybe there is hope afterall. They ended up taking the WS. But this is not the same team even though many of the same players are still with the club. So many of them are injured and not playing. And new guys do have some talent, but it just seem like they are in that groove with each other- the chemistry isn't there. But they could begin to jell.

I want Crawford to be called back up!!! And if Pablo Sandoval doesn't stop trying too damn hard to hit homers, I am going to go over to SF and bop him! hey, plain old base hits are just fine- just get on!!!

We shall see tomorrow- 3rd of the series at Houston. Then they come home.

OK, so who do you all see making the playoffs?
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 03:26 AM   #453
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Yep it sucks the big one. I know Beltran is hurt - is Beltran ever healthy? Is Keppinger hurt too? He spends as much time on the DL as JD DRew. We might be willing to part with JD in case you need more people to add to your DL crew LOL.

It is frustrating and aggravating.
LOL is right! No please- no more DL players!

Yeah- Beltran played a few games, then ka-put!! Keppinger was hurt and out for a week. He's back as of yesterday.

Between Posey and Freddie Sanchez both being out all season it is obvious that key players that seem to just give the team spirit is lacking. The Giants don't really have the super star kinds of players but I think some of our guys on the DL really contribute with their personalities. Although, they are consistant hitters, too. Not big home run hitters, but get on and are smart while on.

Damn, both Posey & Sanchez have serious injuries- but Sanchez will play again. Who knows with Posey. Long road ahead of him.

Madison Bumgarner had a lousy day on the mound today.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #454
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

For the love of baseball

Friday, Pirates vs Reds...important that Pgh win all three games 8 below .500 and 13 behind first place (looking bleek)

A Series of horrible storms before the game, put us into a rain delay before the game started. (game should have been cancelled, at some point they have to consider player safety, playing on SOAKED outfield grass) Three lead changes, lots of hits. But the pirates did what they usually do...leave 11 men stranded on base. Consequently, loose the game in the 9th.

Saturday was moved up to a 4 o'clock start time for nationally televised game. Pirates had 13 hits, struck out 10 times and left 14 players stranded on base. However, managed to *scrap* out a win. Unbelievable how they do not quit. Some of the plays they made got them standing ovations...the potential is there. The Boo birds weren't at this game. (too early, the drunks weren't here) Familys were. At the end of the game, when mass exodus usually occurs, people stood and cheered....as if we had won a game to clench a championship. The player responded by taking there caps off as they left the field and waving to the fans.....it was nice to see fans show some love.

Today, the rubber match. And rain forcasted for most of the day. Monday, is a double header with the brewers due to a rain cancellation
An afternoon game, and an evening game.....WE MUST BEAT THE BREWERS.....and another afternoon game Wednesday with the brewers. I love afternoon baseball, and have taken both days off from work.

I'm sure this will be a long day at the ball park, they'll do everything they can to get this game in.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #455
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

My Tigers pounded on the Indians last night, 10-1. We are 3.5 games up in the AL Central. Let's hope the Tigers don't do the usual late August/September meltdown, and actually make the playoffs. Crossing my fingers the rotation can hold up, even though it has a couple of weak links.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #456
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
My Tigers pounded on the Indians last night, 10-1. We are 3.5 games up in the AL Central. Let's hope the Tigers don't do the usual late August/September meltdown, and actually make the playoffs. Crossing my fingers the rotation can hold up, even though it has a couple of weak links.

Nice post Hack, as it warms my heart. I love Jim Leyland and Gene Lamont.
And I love what both the Tigers and my second favorite team in all of baseball, the Indians have done. The Indians are very much like the Pirates, no big names,no outrageous salaries, come to the ballpark every day and play for the love of the game. I'm so happy they are having a very successful year.

For years, the ownership of the Pirates have been threatening us with taking the franchise and leaving Pittsburgh. I always had the Indians in my back pocket.

As I perused the divisions this morning, again, trying to figure out if the Pirates really are out of contention.....In every division, it could be anyones to take. It's real close right now. It's been a good baseball year.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #457
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Yellow band;401925]Let's laugh.....half way, wait for *here, pick this shit up* LoL
I have always wondered what they talked about out there.

SNIP

That was great! Thanks for posting that. I feel like doing that at my job on occasion, too. He reminds me of Billy Martin. He needs to go to the Majors...some team would be lucky to snag that guy. No joke.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #458
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Pre-game rain delay....radar looks iffy. heavy rain showing, but it could just *touch* us....

Old 08-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #459
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
After watching Detroit when SF played them during interleague play- I came away with the feeling that they might do very well. I can see them going all the way to the WS, actually. Yes, the August/September meltdown always is lurking! makes me crazy- and the injuries that teams deal with at this time of the season.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #460
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

After watching that epic melt down of a baseball manager clip a few posts ago, I realized something today. Clint Hurdle was thrown out of the game again today, as he was on friday, by the same umpire, Brian Knight. Note: including these two tosses, Hurdle has only been tossed 4 times all season. But both times, Umpire Knight turned his back to Hurdle while Hurdle was *talking* to him. To me, thats almost baiting.

Now, I will say, I never understood why a manager ever argues, because nothing in baseball ever gets overturned.....instant replay showed the umpire missed the call (heard that from the radio side) PNC park will not show a controversial call, on replay. I know they[managers] do it to back the players. This was a rap John Russell endured, he didn't argue.

So, we let another slip away in the 9th. Pirates loose to the Reds 5 to 4.
Brandon woods, the worst batter in baseball (known fact!) he does have an excellent glove, struck out three times, and with a runner on third and two outs....we let him bat???? He bounced out to the infield ending the game......and the BOOOO BIRDS sang loudly. Sometimes I understand why.

Double header tomorrow with the Brew Crew.