femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default The Strangest Thing Happened to Me

This is a thread to talk about something strange that has happened to you.

I actually started it tonight because I thought of the oddest thing that happened to me once. I was using a neti pot a number of years ago. I use a neti pot from time to time but not really much anymore because I find that it's never been that helpful, even though folks often swear by it.

So this one time, and believe me this has only happened once during the times I've used it, I did the usual thing, and everything worked out fine / normal, but then perhaps a whole week later, I was at work bending over with my head tilted to the side, rifling through some files and a torrent of neti pot water with saline solution poured out of the side of my nose. Who knew it was there? I'm sure it was good it came out but how strange! I was by chance in that exact "neti pot" position and it poured out, as if it had just been poured in through the other nostril!

Do you have a true story from your life that is a bit strange?

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 05:02 AM   #2
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,008 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
This is a thread to talk about something strange that has happened to you.

I actually started it tonight because I thought of the oddest thing that happened to me once. I was using a neti pot a number of years ago. I use a neti pot from time to time but not really much anymore because I find that it's never been that helpful, even though folks often swear by it.

So this one time, and believe me this has only happened once during the times I've used it, I did the usual thing, and everything worked out fine / normal, but then perhaps a whole week later, I was at work bending over with my head tilted to the side, rifling through some files and a torrent of neti pot water with saline solution poured out of the side of my nose. Who knew it was there? I'm sure it was good it came out but how strange! I was by chance in that exact "neti pot" position and it poured out, as if it had just been poured in through the other nostril!

Do you have a true story from your life that is a bit strange?
Goodness, that would have freaked me out. I’ve never used a neti pot and don’t think I ever will.

Once I was very upset and crying. I heard a voice tell me everything would be okay. Somehow, I knew it was my grandmother who had passed away the week I was born. I never met her nor had I heard her voice, but I knew it was her.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default One

I'm always having strange things happen to me that I could write a whole book.

But I'm going to just read about others experience with the strange and bizarre..more bizarre the better.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My true account is a bit different, in that I have nearly always had a difficult time passing interviews for employment that I want (not need, big difference).

I think it is so strange that this time around, it's like being lifted from all that had ever held me up, in all the years I've ever debuted for a job I want: Six people from my past, in former positions and in current work day life, stepped up to give me a certified reference to an employer where I want to work. And even more strange to me, a client offered (out of the blue) to lend a reference. All six references have been completed, which never before has this ever happened to me in my work life.

It's a long extended process to get on where I'm trying to get on (this is the third time I've tried; they invited me this time, which is something quite different too). I've hurdled four elements of the hiring process. Three more to go. If I make it past 8, I will have landed the dream career of my life.

At 60 years of age.

It will be the nicest strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

The month of April will be the defining moment.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, my phone (which is my wallet too) slipped out of my pocket twice: Once at work; then later in the day when I went shopping. I went straight into panic mode both times. Totally freaking out.

It's strange that it even happened since most pockets in clothes I wear are fairly deep, which is why I prefer deep pockets. But, omg, I was SO lucky that my phone was found and returned to me twice, yesterday.

I have not lost anything like this in the past, much less my phone, so this was a very strange thing that happened yesterday.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Yesterday, my phone (which is my wallet too) slipped out of my pocket twice: Once at work; then later in the day when I went shopping. I went straight into panic mode both times. Totally freaking out.

It's strange that it even happened since most pockets in clothes I wear are fairly deep, which is why I prefer deep pockets. But, omg, I was SO lucky that my phone was found and returned to me twice, yesterday.

I have not lost anything like this in the past, much less my phone, so this was a very strange thing that happened yesterday.
((((( Katz )))))) the first thing that hit me with this post is THANK GOD there are still honest people !
Old 07-19-2020, 01:37 AM   #7
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Boy, did I have to remember this story from many years ago:

30+ years ago, a former partner and I found ourselves driving cross-country from Denver to Cleveland, Ohio. We had very little money and finally decided to stop in Moline, Illinois to ask for help. We stopped at a church, and the kind pastor gave us $20 and told us to go to a nearby gas station, saying he knew the owner.
When we got there, a tiny little man in dusty overalls came out and told us to fill up our car on the house. Then he told us to go around the corner to an Irish pub restaurant for lunch, and of course he knew the owner.
I was sitting in the passenger side while my partner filled the car. The little man was walking away from me, and I called out the window "Mr._____, thank you so much!"
The man turned around, and his entire face was glowing. It was not the sun; it was from inside. At that moment, I "heard" a kind of voice saying that I was on the right road and everything was OK, and that I would never be alone in hard times. I was overcome with a sense of great peace. This was over in a second, shorter than it took to describe.
My partner, standing at the gas pump, saw the little man turn back towards me but saw nothing unusual. I didn't tell him all this.
After our delicious lunch, I told my partner I wanted to go back and thank that man at the gas station (I really wanted to see if I was crazy or if I had really seen what I saw). We went back to the corner, only a few hundred feet, and there was no gas station. I was sure we were on the right corner. Even my partner was a little weirded out at that point, and we left. I've never forgotten that.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:32 PM   #8
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ranks right up there

Strangest thing recently was getting lost in a forest and something "hairy" not to mention tall guide me back to my camp.

Oh go ahead and say it,because me thinks that is exactly what that "thing" was.

One of my Wiccan practicing friends I told this adventure to even suggested I should go back and thank this creature,she told me it was family.
The story gets stranger but I'll stop there.

I didn't go back but I did visit another beautiful camp area and caught something on film that can only be described as..well...you know,strange.

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post: