Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #641
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Keep The Faith

My Red Sox, my wonderful Red Sox look like CRAP this month! I don't think I've even worn my hoodie yet this season, well it's not been cold enough, that's beside the point! Where's Big Papi's, Salty's, Pedroia's, Drew's, Ellsbury's bat when we need them?? Well they can only do so much when the pitchers are throwing high cheese. We gotta keep the faith Bo Sox fans! And as much as I HATE HATE HATE to say it, the Yankees need to win over the Rays to help us out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #642
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Sorry to hear SF is playing as poorly as we are these days. Of course we will be back cheering our teams on next year! Thats what us diehard fans do.

Detroit vs Arizona for the WS would be sweet!
We are out now.. phooey! I know your pain with the BoSox. But they still have a much better chance than SF did. I'm rooting for Boston.

The Giants really started to falter last month. Now I'm wondering if the Cards will overcome Atlanta!!

I think Detroit and Arizona could be the WS match-up. We shall see. The play-offs will be something!

Come on, Red Sox!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #643
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default can I share a baseball warm and fuzzy???

Yesterday was our last home game for the season.
Un be known to the crowd, at every gate was players and coaches. ALL of them were inside the gates.

The gate we went in had among others Derek Lee and Micheal Mchenry. This was a show stopper. Theres Mike with a bucket of dirty batting practice balls signing them and giving them to kids. Smiling away. Two little boys wanted Mom to take their picture with him. Micheal was so
cool about it. Mom had a little girl in diapers in her arms. Mike gives the oldest of the boys his CATCHERS mask to put up to his face, and he picked the other little guy up AND held the little girl! It was a family portrait. Damn, I had tears in my eyes! Also at my gate was pitcher Daniel McCutcheon, and he had on mullet wig and a pirate beard and moustache.....he was a photo opp for all of the kids too!

The players gave away the shirts off their backs and auto graphed them at the end of the game. The bandwagon fans all left, but the DIE HARDS, all went down to the lower level and ovated them (I thought this was nice) the players took off their hats, signed them tossed them into the crowd and stood there clapping for us......Truely fan appreciation.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #644
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Un be known to the crowd, at every gate was players and coaches. ALL of them were inside the gates.

The gate we went in had among others Derek Lee and Micheal Mchenry. This was a show stopper. Theres Mike with a bucket of dirty batting practice balls signing them and giving them to kids. Smiling away. Two little boys wanted Mom to take their picture with him. Micheal was so
cool about it. Mom had a little girl in diapers in her arms. Mike gives the oldest of the boys his CATCHERS mask to put up to his face, and he picked the other little guy up AND held the little girl! It was a family portrait. Damn, I had tears in my eyes! Also at my gate was pitcher Daniel McCutcheon, and he had on mullet wig and a pirate beard and moustache.....he was a photo opp for all of the kids too!

The players gave away the shirts off their backs and auto graphed them at the end of the game. The bandwagon fans all left, but the DIE HARDS, all went down to the lower level and ovated them (I thought this was nice) the players took off their hats, signed them tossed them into the crowd and stood there clapping for us......Truely fan appreciation.

This is so sweet. I do enjoy hearing about players who appreciate their fans and go a little extra to make it known. Hopefully they will comeback next year and be contenders cuz they looked mighty good there for a while.

The Sox finally won the second game of the doubleheader and hold a 1 game lead in the wild card. They open in Baltimore tonight for the final series of the season. Baltimore wiped the floor with us last weekend.

The Yanks and Rays start their final series tonight. Feels funny to say.....go Yanks! We will need their help to get in.

On a brighter note, Jacoby Ellsbury became the first Boston player ever to hit 30 homers and steal 30 bases in the same season.

Rally hats and clothes time.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #645
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post

I agree with Kobe- this is super! And you are a terrific fan! I so wish I couod go to more Giants games. I love it when they have pre-game things with the players and you can ask them questions. The little kids make me smile!!

Yeah- I'm a gushy when it comes to seeing what I used to feel as a kid at the ballpark. I loved going to games with my folks and siblings. It is a family memory that is very warm to me. It could be any kind of activity for any family, but I feel so blessed that I had these kinds of things in my childhood.

I shook hands with Willie Mays when I was 8 or 9 and with Willie McCovey, too. John Montefusco was another hero of mine as well as Mike Kruckow and Duane Kuiper, now our "hometown" announcers.

The Giants players are always talking about how they appreciate the fans- even during times my guys have not done well. Many do a lot of community service, especially "The Beard," closer Brian Wilson. He bought 1000 gloves personally and handed them out at an event for kids that are in little league this year that just don't have $ to buy a new glove. he chatted them up and played catch.

Yes, some of these guys make a lot of money, but a lot of them do get very involved in community organizations and activities and things like AIDS/HIV benefit drives and for the American Heart Association and cancer research.

This is a cool story, Yellowband!

Oh, and Kobe... I think the BoSox are getting that birth- very soon!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #646
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i'd like to shake the hand that shook willie mays hand! (smile)
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #647
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

baseball is really the only pro sport i follow, ...
other pro's i don't usually go past checking the scores.
thru my 20's, national league all the way,
with an exception of baltimore (ripken fan).
but i've come to appreciate the american league lol.

i'm just a baseball fan. i see that you all are!

Boston vs Tommy Hunter
Tampa Bay vs Hector Noesi
St. Louis vs Wandy Rodriguez
Atlanta vs Cliff Lee
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #648
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Sox lost last night....so whats new.....and the Rays beat the Yanks. So we are now tied for the wildcard.

2 games left.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #649
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I got to watch me some Texas ball last night. The last two innings. I was happy. I was happy to catch Feliz pitching. The commentators were saying he has been unpredictable this year. <sigh> I wish I had had more time to watch. But I love watching what I can when I can.

Just poppin in....

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #650
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=AtLastHome;425419]
Yeah- I'm a gushy when it comes to seeing what I used to feel as a kid at the ballpark. I loved going to games with my folks and siblings. It is a family memory that is very warm to me. It could be any kind of activity for any family, but I feel so blessed that I had these kinds of things in my childhood.Well, for me, it was my Dad and I. He was a true student of the game. Baseball is what we did, every summer. I'm glad you understand.

This is a cool story, Yellowband!I hope we keep Micheal, You are absolutely right, what these baseball players give back, we never hear about. But they do give!

Hey Atlast, Thanks for having this thread. It's been the second best part of my baseball season this year. BTW We renewed our season tickets (half season, same seats) 5 months till spring training. Lets all pull for the BO SOX!

[QUOTE]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #651
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

[quote=Yellow band;426009][QUOTE=AtLastHome;425419]
Yeah- I'm a gushy when it comes to seeing what I used to feel as a kid at the ballpark. I loved going to games with my folks and siblings. It is a family memory that is very warm to me. It could be any kind of activity for any family, but I feel so blessed that I had these kinds of things in my childhood.Well, for me, it was my Dad and I. He was a true student of the game. Baseball is what we did, every summer. I'm glad you understand.

This is a cool story, Yellowband!I hope we keep Micheal, You are absolutely right, what these baseball players give back, we never hear about. But they do give!

Hey Atlast, Thanks for having this thread. It's been the second best part of my baseball season this year. BTW We renewed our season tickets (half season, same seats) 5 months till spring training. Lets all pull for the BO SOX!

It has been really fun for me, too.

YES... GO BOSOX!!! Come on guys, clinch that birth!!

Hey all, pretty soon we will be able to chime in on what teams that are in might be going all the way! I keep thinking in the NL, the Tigers, but, the D-Backs are really doing the "come-back" thing quite well. Trppy that their manager played for the Tigers. Plus, Williams from the Giants is on their coaching staff.

Now, I have to say those Rays are kicking too. And the Cards seem to want in! Like I said, I like their manager a lot, too. Even when he was with the A's out here- a team I don't like much. Yanno, cross-Bay rivals- even though I actually live in the East Bay. But I have been a Giants fan since I was 7.

Kewl- more season tickets for you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #652
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

OK, checking in with my baseball buds to see what is happening with the BoSox???

I did way too much yard work today, feel asleep when I was "just going to rest my eyes," and I haven't checked scores yet.

Turned on the tube- the Giants last series vs. the Rockies going on- so eventually, I will get a run down on the remaining play-off births. Or is it only
1, now? Sorry, had a couple of restless nights with pain wake-ups.. kind of in a fog.

Feeling sad about this being the last Giants games this season- but know that they were not up to snuff this time. What can ya' do!! I always miss my Dad and brother this time of year- it is around their birthdays and my brother played AAA for awhile in the Giants farm system back in the day. Never made it to the majors, but he and my Pop had a lot to do with my love for the game. But, my Mom loved it too. And one of my sister, now also deceased. Jeannie was a hell of a second base!! Total tomboy like me. Good tennis player, too.

So- be seeing ya' all during the play-offs. Yikes, since my team isn't in them, I will have to figure out how to support the teams you like- and of course, there will be conflicts... phooey!!!

Let's just Play Ball!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #653
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Sox Win!!

Good news Red Sox fans! The Bo Sox won tonight 8-7 over the Baltimore Orioles to remain tied with the Rays for the AL Wild Card.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #654
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Good news Red Sox fans! The Bo Sox won tonight 8-7 over the Baltimore Orioles to remain tied with the Rays for the AL Wild Card.
WHEW!!! No, GO, Red Sox!! Wrap this puppy up!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #655
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

boston/baltimore - lester/simon
tampa bay/ny yankees - price/undecided
atlanta/philadelpia - hudson/blanton
st. louis/houston - carpenter/myers

carpenter can put a shut out on the board. not good for atlanta.
but good news! philly did have hamels pitching in the final game,
but pulled him and put blanton on the mound.
big plus for atlanta. braves can hit him well.

boston and tampa, i don't know. maybe a toss up? i'm with boston though. crawford fan.

for the national league, i'm going with the winner between the braves and cardinals.
for the american league, i'm going with the tigers.

3,4,5 spots ... pujols, holliday, berkman. awesome!

espn and espn2 will show atlanta, boston, and st. louis games.

my nephew is playing fall baseball.
he plays for the giants lol. (lil extra info for atlast)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 04:40 AM   #656
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

I dont ever remember a situation where the wildcard in both leagues was tied going into the last game of the season. Thats kind of cool.

Does anyone remember how they break ties if it ends up that way? I thought it was a 1 game playoff between the two contending teams but I'm not sure.
Someone told me the American league has a 1 game playoff while the National league uses a 3 game playoff.

It's kind of incredible to be in this position on the last day of the season.

One can only hope Lester fairs better today on 3 days rest than he has this month on 5 days rest. September hasnt been kind to him thus far. He is 0-3 with a 10.54 era and barely made it out of the 3rd inning in a few games.

But, such is the life of a BoSox fan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #657
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=Kobi;426640]

I dont ever remember a situation where the wildcard in both leagues was tied going into the last game of the season. Thats kind of cool.

Does anyone remember how they break ties if it ends up that way? I thought it was a 1 game playoff between the two contending teams but I'm not sure.
Someone told me the American league has a 1 game playoff while the National league uses a 3 game playoff.

It's kind of incredible to be in this position on the last day of the season.

One can only hope Lester fairs better today on 3 days rest than he has this month on 5 days rest. September hasnt been kind to him thus far. He is 0-3 with a 10.54 era and barely made it out of the 3rd inning in a few games.

But, such is the life of a BoSox fan.

How right you are! The morning shock jocks were talking about this while I was at the gym. MLB has actually scheduled tenative games. should tampa and boston have a tie breaker it will be a 4p game et at Tropicana field on Thursday

Thursday @ 8p et at Bush stadium (if needed) will be the Braves and the Cards.

All the way down to the wire!!!

sorry, typing on phone....what a mess....but you get the drift!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #658
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I taped this game and it was a nail biter right up to the bottom of the 9th!! I loved watchng it. Really loose and off the wall pitching for some of it. And the umpire be hind plate.... I think he just had yellow cornflakes or something...

But I loved the game. I have my PVR set to record one tonite, but I don't remember which one. But to a simple fox like me, who doesn't have a favorite team, every game is good.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #659
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

That BoSox game was something else! Really hoping they can keep together for one more game at least.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #660
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

WHAT's the score....I know baseball is in progress.....

They asked me to be professional today, so I don't dare march out there and take faux news off and surf for baseball.....

Help me!