Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #1001
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Fenway ALL the way!!!!!!!

Some of the best nights of my life were spent watching the Sox at Fenway!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #1002
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
Who is the starter for the Tigers? This is so kewl. I wanted to go to the SF home opener but can't- damn!
It will be their third game, so it will either be Max Scherzer or Rick Porcello, I think. Verlander starts on Opening Day, and I believe Doug Fister (best name ever!) is the Saturday starter. I am hoping for Scherzer. I love watching him pitch -- but not as much as I love, love, love watching Verlander. Verlander is my Tiger.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #1003
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
It will be their third game, so it will either be Max Scherzer or Rick Porcello, I think. Verlander starts on Opening Day, and I believe Doug Fister (best name ever!) is the Saturday starter. I am hoping for Scherzer. I love watching him pitch -- but not as much as I love, love, love watching Verlander. Verlander is my Tiger.
Yup, I would so enjoy being at a game watching Verlander. I was so bummed that the Tigers didn't get in the WS last year for the entire team, but, I really wanted Verlander to get there. I love my Giants, but Detroit is a great team.

LOL... Fister.....

It was great to see Buster Posey back during last night's expo game here vs. the A's. And I am stoked that Crawford is on the starting roster this year at short. but, he has got to get his hitting up still. But he is pure beauty defensively. I like Cain a bunch but yikes his new contract was insane! 126.5 million over 6 years!!! Wonder how much Verlander will eventually make.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #1004
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
It was great to see Buster Posey back during last night's expo game here vs. the A's. And I am stoked that Crawford is on the starting roster this year at short. but, he has got to get his hitting up still. But he is pure beauty defensively. I like Cain a bunch but yikes his new contract was insane! 126.5 million over 6 years!!! Wonder how much Verlander will eventually make.
Buster Posey is back... <happy humming>

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #1005
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

As the baseball season starts again, I always find myself looking over and over again at great moments through the Yankees' history:

Other sides compete, or in the case of the Red Sox they try to, but there is only one team in baseball.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #1006
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
As the baseball season starts again, I always find myself looking over and over again at great moments through the Yankees' history:

Other sides compete, or in the case of the Red Sox they try to, but there is only one team in baseball.
Right! The Cleveland Indians
Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #1007
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default any other reds and indians fans ?

will my reds and Indians ever be great probably not but I'm loyal to them anyhow .
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #1008
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i like both. i don't know much about the indians, but yeah, i like'em!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #1009
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation
Default Are You Ready???

Let's GO Giants!!! Let's Go Giants!!! Let's Go Giants!!!

fuck yeah!

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #1010
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Taking in a LA Dodgers game or two next month but looking forward to seeing the New York Yankees triumph with the 2012 World Series.
I hope you deal well with disappointment.

Quote:
Verlander is my Tiger.
Did you get your box(es) of Fastball Flakes at Meijer?????
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #1011
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I take disappointment very badly and usually sulk or throw a bit of a tantrum (or, more likely, both).

That said, whether or not the Yankees win the 2012 World Series (and I do generally believe that they have a devine right to win it each year) matters little to me and, if they fail to do so, it won't cause me any angst.

Rather my love for the Yankees is in terms of their history and imagery. As some on here already know, I am a fanatical collector of original Yankees photography from the early 1920s through to the early 1940s, with a particular interest in the 1920s era.

Attached is my most recent pick-up. It's rather appropriate as the image is from Opening Day of the season - albeit the 1924 season rather than 2012. It shows the Yankees pictured at Fenway Park, Boston on April 15 1924 in advance of a victory over the Red Sox.

The picture is of significant interest for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is the first shot of a Yankees side as reigning World Champions, having defeated the Giants in the subway series the previous October. Secondly, it was the first time in years that the Yankees had a team photo taken on Opening Day as, during this era, the Yankees and certain other teams believed in a "camera jinx" that by having a team photo taken before the pennant race was over would jinx the team through the season.

Thirdly, with the shot being taken at Fenway Park, the number of ex-Red Sox players in the squad is startling ..... not only the legendary Babe Ruth but others such as Waite Hoyt, Sam Jones, Herb Pennock, Wally Schang, Elmer Smith and Joe Dugan .... all players let go from the Red Sox by their controversial owner Harry Frazee.

Most significant to me, however, is the presence of a very young Lou Gehrig in the photo, second from left on the bottom row. Without a doubt, the greatest Yankee of all-time but, when this was shot, he was a relative unknown who didn't start to make his mark with the Yankees until 1925.

Forgive me for my departure from the current season and going back in time but it's the history of baseball that makes it great. I'll likely post a few more vintage Yankees shots over the course of the season and give some historical context to them.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #1012
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Oh Cubbies... you're already breaking my heart and it's only Opening Day!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #1013
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post

Did you get your box(es) of Fastball Flakes at Meijer?????
No! I missed out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #1014
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Justin Verlander pitched a two-hitter and eight innings. They put in the closer Jose Valverde and he blew the save! Tigers ended up winning in the bottom of the 9th, but still! I have always thought Valverde is over-rated as a closer. I hope to god this isn't a sign of things to come. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #1015
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Go Giants! Go Lincecum!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #1016
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Lets go Sox !! Becket better have his big boy arm ready to go today..

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #1017
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The BOYS of summer

I saw this on Good Morning America/ fixation.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/southern...lay-video.html

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #1018
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

The Philadelphia Phillies fans came to town to watch the cross state rivalry
with Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh travel Bureua reported when the Pirate tickets went on sale, Philadelphia bought 8,000 for each of the three game series. Seems Philly fans can not get tickets to their own home games.

So, in a week end where hotel occupancy would ordinarily be low due to the holiday, Hotels, bars and restaurants were packed. It also happened to be a hockey match up with the Penguins and the Fliers. Pittsburgh beat the visiting Philadelphia fans at both venues on Saturday. Oh what fun.
Micheal Mchenry scored the winning run in the bottom of the 10th, 2-1

The rubber game of the baseball match up is today, and it is also a sell out. Three sell outs in three games (is this really Pittsburgh?)

Let's go Bucs

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #1019
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
The Philadelphia Phillies fans came to town to watch the cross state rivalry
with Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh travel Bureua reported when the Pirate tickets went on sale, Philadelphia bought 8,000 for each of the three game series. Seems Philly fans can not get tickets to their own home games.

So, in a week end where hotel occupancy would ordinarily be low due to the holiday, Hotels, bars and restaurants were packed. It also happened to be a hockey match up with the Penguins and the Fliers. Pittsburgh beat the visiting Philadelphia fans at both venues on Saturday. Oh what fun.
Micheal Mchenry scored the winning run in the bottom of the 10th, 2-1

The rubber game of the baseball match up is today, and it is also a sell out. Three sell outs in three games (is this really Pittsburgh?)

Let's go Bucs
Nothing like a in-state rivalry to bring in commerce! I like the Pirates and hope they have a much better season than last.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #1020
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Justin Verlander pitched a two-hitter and eight innings. They put in the closer Jose Valverde and he blew the save! Tigers ended up winning in the bottom of the 9th, but still! I have always thought Valverde is over-rated as a closer. I hope to god this isn't a sign of things to come. :/
It makes me crazy when a starter does his job and a closer doesn't! Have to say that the Giant's "Beard" (Brian Wilson) is one hell of a closer but when he has an off day (very rarely), it is soooooo hard to watch!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: