Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Romance

Old 05-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation
Default Taking a Risk to Visit Someone You Met Online

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaisninja View Post
I'm flying to another state to meet my crush next week. I'm scared to death but what's the point of living if we don't risk it all for love.
Well I just got back from my trip last night. It didn't work out and I'm confused and hurt about it. It will take at least a week to process everything. Good thing I had a therapy appointment scheduled today.

I am mostly just posting this here for some good old fashioned sympathy.

It's amazing... things can be so great online, and then in person... not so much. Very sad, disappointed, frustrated, and angry. Blah...

I need a hug.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

I am glad I went, in the sense that, at least I found out sooner rather than later. It still fucking sucks though.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Talking online to someone and even on the telephone or skype still isn't like the real thing and the reality doesn't set in to know them in real time until you meet them and see if you still have that chemistry going. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you , I wish you the best life has to offer. Remember, there are more fish in the sea, just keep an eye out you might find a real catch that the chemistry is really there between you two. Good luck in that regard, and Godspeed in your healing of your disappointment. Keep your head up and keep going forward, you'll feel better soon.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,509 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds like a very difficult situation. I'm glad you had someone to process with today. It's good that you realized quickly that it wasn't going to work well for you.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

anaisninja, I really feel for you. However, I'm happy for you that you actually met your friend. Now you know not to waste anymore of your time. Talking online and on the phone leaves much for the imagination. It's easy to make people and circumstances better than what they really are.

You're such a brave soul. Enlightenment is truly a gift.

Duchess
Old 05-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
bokster

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Single

bokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Anaisninja,

The important thing is that you had the courage to take that risk to find out for yourself. And the courage and grace to acknowledge and express the outcome.

For every "No" that we experience, there's bound to be a "Yes" that will happen someday.

I wish you a pleasant evening.
bokster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bokster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #7
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

anaisninja, please don't let this experience discourage you. There are many wonderful people on and off the net. You're taking a chance no matter how you meet. Big hugs to you sweetness.

Duchess
Old 05-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am sorry it did not work out for you.

I think it is always worth risking your heart on love-regardless if around the corner or another state.

(((Big hug))).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I am also sorry you had a bad experience. Sometimes things online just don't translate into real time. I've been there. I feel you on the disappointment. I've also had some wonderful experiences with those I've met online. I think it's always worth it to take the chance! Thank goodness you know now and don't have to invest any more time.

I hope you try again. *hugs to you*

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

actually I met my wife online and when we met in person well it was amazing or rather she is
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #11
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Over the years, I've met a couple folks from online. Like you, didn't end well at all but it was a risk I took and in the end I was glad I did before the "fantasy" took over any sense of reality.

Then I saw a funny signature line on someone's profile that made me laugh on the old site and since I was having a really, really shitty day, I pmed her to thank her for the laugh cause I needed it.

She answered back.

Next year will mark ten years that we've been together.

Neither of us was looking for love or romance at ALL. We just got really lucky that we connected like we did. After all these years, she is seriously my best friend as well as my wife.

It can hurt like hell to have a crush then meet them and realize the fantasy doesn't match up with reality. So am sorry you had to experience that. Just know you're not alone in that regard. Tons of folks have that experience.

Just don't let it get you too down and know that they say there is someone for everyone out there.

Good luck to ya,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

I actually met my husband online also. But I met a few mistakes before, and I've learned that can be part of the journey. Putting yourself out there and showing you have courage to get out of your comfort zone may be what helps attract your soul mate later in life. Every mistake is just a stepping stone towards your true love.
SirenManda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SirenManda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

I think you're very brave and lucky that you found out and acknowleged the reality as fast as you did.

I'm not so brave. I haven't ever connected with anyone from online. But for one exception.....I met my husband on another web site almost ten years ago. It was really scary cause I had never answered any pm before. But I couldn't get past his name. It sparked a serious interest. LOL

We lucked out cause we're still together and as Brute said below we really are best friends. We met online, talked online about two weeks, met in person and two months later were living together Which was absolutely ridiculous to me cause I'm one of those take my timers in relationships. But not this time.

If for some strange reason I wasn't with him anymore, I still wouldn't answer PM's from people I hadn't had any interaction with in a more public sphere. Like years worth of interaction. I just am too cynical I think.

I wish you luck in your quest. I also hope you are careful cause, like I said, for ME, meeting online people interested in a relationship is so risky it scares me.

take care,
julie

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #14
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I've met oodles of people from on line. Forums and webdating. I've flown cross continent to a different country. They invited me, I had the time, so I went. A great deal of them were fun but nothing really gelled. That's OK.
I think keeping expectations within reality limits are pretty important.
It only took me one lesson to keep my expectations in check.

If you do decide to do it again, you will know how to stop your fantasies from getting away with your emotions until you meet.

After the first time I tried quite hard to keep a lid on any future planning if we had not met. I think that's pretty important.

But its like anything, you don't know unless you try. And then you learn.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #15
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanks everybody. It helps to know I'm not alone.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

BrutalDyke and femmsational - I assume you two are a couple?

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Now please send me some of that magic good-lovin karma you obviously have in order to have made such a long-lasting match. Hand it over!

Thanks again for your supportive words.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #17
Contessa

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Happy

Contessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST Reputation

Chemistry just cant be calculated until you actually meet in real life. I have met women on occasion, over the years..maybe once or twice a yr from online. It's best not to have expectations. Some may have motives you don't see coming as well! There are good eggs, bad eggs and there will be great chemistry and not so much..You just have to put yourself out there once in awhile and see how it goes for u both..
Contessa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Contessa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #18
Daktari

Better to have taken the risk than to never know.

Just as it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

It's possible. I met my ex online. It lasted several years well 5...that's 10yrs in 'gay years' isn't it?
Without the internet we would never have crossed paths.
Without taking the risk we would both have missed an incredibly powerful and beautiful experience.
We may not be together anymore but I give thanks to have had her in my life.

When the universe deems it right there will be someone for you.
Keep the faith
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #19
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I think our mind makes us see things in people more then what is really there. When we our talking online or text or cell heck even skype we see in our minds eye who that person is. Even in a virtual game when someone has an avatar and you spend a lot of time together that person is not the real one in person that you can see everything about them. I am not talking just the physical but the simple things like how they cook, what they eat, how they handle situations when you go out are they an angry driver or an angry drunk? Do they put the cap back on the toothpaste. Yes these sound like little tiny things but in the big picture the communication in the on-line chat brings your mind to a place you really never can in real. Our imaginations are so great and our thoughts and feelings of someone you have not met in person is even greater.
Again these are just my thoughts.
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #20
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

To me it is about taking a bit of time to ask questions and LISTEN to the answers. If they tell you about their day and mention running someone off the road then that would be a NO. If they got drunk and ended up in a fight or jail, NO.

If you take some time to talk about what they do during the day or night it may help to get a better picture of them. Do they like to go out and party? Do they like spending time with friends and family? When they talk about things do they seem positive and generally happy? What interests do you share and which ones do they have that you do not like?

I think talking about the simple things in life are just as important as anything else. You can learn about a person's background (what they tell you) but does that mean they are the same now? If they talk about daily interactions with people, listen. It might give you a clue as to how they treat people.

My .02

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post: