Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 AM   #181
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

March 16

Bad Acting

Because there never seems to be enough love in the world to fill the wound, my wounded self riots. At times the debauchery seems good natured enough, flamboyant yet without harm, at other times the disturbance is apparently violent and the issuing tumult a crime. All for want of wholeness and sanity I pursue shattered fractured activity just to keep from dwelling where I cannot live, where there is no air. I want land beneath my feet and full, full lungs; on my own I find neither of these and little else of use. Isolation even in a crowd is the tell tale sign that I am in the, me, myself and I mode of drowning in a teacup and require rescue. Little more than raising my hand above the surface and asking for help is needed though this is a Herculean effort as we all know. Rowing up stream is a bigger battle then it ever looks and I know the river runs through me.

Turn, turn, turn then rest

UNNECESSARY WORDS

I've spent years trying to put names on the streets in my 12 th step map post.
Clear signs with monikers easy to remember, themed and progressive
But I have been wasting my time, the map is there, no doubt.

I have seen people follow it to varying degrees.
The names are unnecessary, like ants, we trail each others scent.
We track so closely as not to loose visual contact, we don't play with our survival.

Or we are bees standing in front of the meeting
Doing the dance, which describes the path to sobriety
With meaningful jokes, and well earned tears.

As I stand at the foot of a few twenty-fours
And see the evolution of my recovery
I realize the names in the placards are ever-changing.

Meaning and value pour through the kaleidoscope of time
And come out as indescribable gifts, Which I can only give through action.
I will no longer fritter away my time looking for tags and titles
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #182
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Sunday at 9

12 Step Meeting in BFP Chat
Sunday 9 PM
EDT
Click here ~
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #183
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Friends of Bill W.

A.A. Thought for the Day

Before we decide to quit drinking, most of us have to come up against a blank wall. We see that we're licked, that we have to quit. But we don't know which way to turn for help. There seems to be no door in that blank wall. A.A. opens the door that leads to sobriety. By encouraging us to honestly admit that we're alcoholics and to realize that we can't take even one drink, and by showing us which way to turn for help, A.A. opens the door in that blank wall. Have I gone through that door to sobriety?

Meditation for the Day

I must have a singleness of purpose to do my part in God's work. I must not let material distractions interfere with my job of improving personal relation ships. It is easy to become distracted by material affairs, so that I lose my singleness of purpose. I do not have time to be concerned about the multifarious concerns of the world. I must concentrate and specialize on what I can do best.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not become distracted by material affairs. I pray that I may concentrate on doing what I can do best.

by Hazelden Foundation
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #184
Ima Dandy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
buying her chocolates forever

Ima Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST Reputation

hello............I've been in different "B/F" rooms for a while now.............now I am stepping into these rooms ...................... it's not quite that bad, yet I am finally gonna reach out here as well as in real time

thank you all for being here

Ima Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ima Dandy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #185
Ima Dandy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Ima Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST ReputationIma Dandy Has the BEST Reputation

OK....yes, it is that bad, or I would not be here, I just ment I haven't been taken to the hospital for drinking
Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #186
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Dandy View Post
OK....yes, it is that bad, or I would not be here, I just ment I haven't been taken to the hospital for drinking
That's good. I hear the food isn't all that great.

Welcome. Keep coming back,
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #187
Ima Dandy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
That's good. I hear the food isn't all that great.

Welcome. Keep coming back,
LOL...........that's what they tell me....on both accounts
Old 03-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #188
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Dandy View Post
LOL...........that's what they tell me....on both accounts
Thinking about that, and realized food tasted better with a drink. so maybe the food was awfuj after all. I keep coming back, because I am fuckin' lucky to be alive, and thankful to be able to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 AM   #189
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

March 17

Suit up, Show up

I stand naked, paralyzed, unable to reach my intended destination or any destination at all. Goose flesh is no real motivation and I am reluctant to use the prod having only produced resistance and reversals with past applications of this weapon. Entreatment might work if only I could find the right one; then again anything might work if it were a fit. Covering my all-together is an action; taken judiciously it sometimes is all the arrival I can manage, taken disingenuously it precludes the chance for any further forward motion and may create set back or retreat. I should not attempt to hide fear with wardrobe though I can try to warm it. Façade building is best done with a bottle in tow
reality is best faced with a sponsor by my side.

Acknowledge pain, acknowledge joy

OLD BEARS

Cold and Despondent
Nothing comforts me like the bear of early sobriety

Bought on a day I thought I would shake apart
This fuzzy old guy has been a display item,
For many years now,
Tucked to the corner with the lace edged pillows and folded shawls.

Jittery and Sleepless
It's easy to panic.

I turn and see the amber eyes waiting for my embrace
His body clothed in a hand knit child's sweater made by a friend
The warmth of this snuggle is more than comfort
It is also the acceptance of loss.

Quelling the dramatic highs and lows of the beginning cost many things
And the depth of this is not lost in the moment.

Alone in my bed the passageways to the future appear to me
I must rest and then walk on
I cannot stall or simper, plain work is before me
And simple old bears a consolation.

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 AM   #190
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Looking at the Sober on The Way to Sane excerpts and the More Sober on The Way to Sane, and the block format and the poetry format.

The 2010 change to post both block and poetry just doubled the work.

Looking at your writing every day for many years now, I realized how exceptional you are. Inspiring others that have your books within reach, and read when the darkness comes and the sun shines in their windows.

Thank you for your servicem, and for keeping the light on every day.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #191
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Looking at the Sober on The Way to Sane excerpts and the More Sober on The Way to Sane, and the block format and the poetry format.

The 2010 change to post both block and poetry just doubled the work.

Looking at your writing every day for many years now, I realized how exceptional you are. Inspiring others that have your books within reach, and read when the darkness comes and the sun shines in their windows.

Thank you for your servicem, and for keeping the light on every day.
I'll second that!

I can't tell you how much Sherrie's words mean to me ... some days they cut, some days they comfort, but always they make me think. And, somehow, it always seems to be exactly what I need at just the right moment! I don't know how you do it ... but I'm so glad that you do.

Thank you Sherrie, and thank you Tommi ... you are both an inspiration to me.

p.s. Last week (3/11/10) was my two-year anniversay, but I wasn't posting much because I was very busy cuddling my Dakota after her surgery. It's easy for me to remember the date I quit drinking, since it was on my actual birthday ... and it's the best gift that I could give myself.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #192
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepisces View Post
I'll second that!

I can't tell you how much Sherrie's words mean to me ... some days they cut, some days they comfort, but always they make me think. And, somehow, it always seems to be exactly what I need at just the right moment! I don't know how you do it ... but I'm so glad that you do.

Thank you Sherrie, and thank you Tommi ... you are both an inspiration to me.

p.s. Last week (3/11/10) was my two-year anniversay, but I wasn't posting much because I was very busy cuddling my Dakota after her surgery. It's easy for me to remember the date I quit drinking, since it was on my actual birthday ... and it's the best gift that I could give myself.
The gift that keeps on Giving, because, you are miraculously still living.

CONGRATS ON Belly Birthday and 2 yr Anniversary.

I know what you mean about her writing about where you are or need to be that day. I read her posts for almost 2 years..then she said Hello, and I said Well Hello There, and well, it's been a miracle too

Hope Dakota is better tooooo.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #193
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

JUST FOR TODAY

I'll take my inventory just for today
just for today...
I'll stay sober and clean
just for today...
my disease won't run my life

I'll go to a meeting just for today
just for today...
honesty and trust will guide me
just for today...
I'll share my experience, strength, and hope

Quickly, I'll make amends just for today
just for today...
I'll leave nothing undone
just for today...
I'll admit to being powerless

12 steps will guide me just for today
just for today...
I'll listen more than I speak
just for today...
I'll be willing to learn

My Higher Power will guide me just for today
just for today...
I'll pray and meditate
just for today...
I'll be gracious for my gift

Tonight I'll go to bed sober just for today
just for today...
I'll remember I still have a choice
just for today...
yesterday will be in the past

I won't worry about tomorrow just for today
just for today...
I'll see the world with a child’s eyes
just for today...
I'll live... for today

And when tomorrow comes
I'll realize... that just for today
I'll once again have a clean slate
just for today...

©2007DaveHarm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2010, 04:08 AM   #194
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

March 18

Malaria

Flailing, reaching, screaming; hiding, avoiding, misdirecting, theses are subsets in a list of extremes whose commonality is lacking, lacking humility. I fall to pieces just thinking of standing exposed, imperfect and unprotected. I’m not sure what I think will happen to me in this posture; instantaneous death? Couldn’t be, I’m not that lucky, nor am I foolish enough to think that I am that lucky. Possibly, I fear rancorous humiliation, but really who is powerful enough to do that to me? I know and like myself well enough to deflect obvious flying nonsense, so what is it that I do flee? I think it is the endless grinding inelegance of life, the stinging nettled nature of things, my inability to weave my way around my weakness and slip into the open unpoisoned. I fear exchanging peace for failure. Humility is when I know I cannot fail.

Be conscience of judgment and try not to react to it

WET BLANKET

I have carried this sodden thing with me all my life.
It's weight a burden for numerous years,
I have never been able to explain my continuing drag of this pitiful thing
Though it has been commended on by many.

My fidelity is boundless
In spite of inner questions and doubts.
Now that the fire is here I am glad to have it.
I pull it over me and step into the fray.

Thick and moist, I somehow struggle under its influence
And am able to do what others, bare of my encumbrance, cannot
I don't believe I can quench all the flames but I hope to help some to safety
And bat down the encroaching inferno a bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #195
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post

---- Possibly, I fear rancorous humiliation, but really who is powerful enough to do that to me? I know and like myself well enough to deflect obvious flying nonsense, so what is it that I do flee? ..... Humility is when I know I cannot fail.

Be conscience of judgment and try not to react to it
The excerpt from above will be my mantra today. Hope everyone had a Happy Humpday.

About to embark on another lovely day of employment. Can anyone tell me what a pipe dream is?

Does buying a liottery ticke expecting to win fit in a pipe, or a dream?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #196
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Quote:
The excerpt from above will be my mantra today. Hope everyone had a Happy Humpday.

About to embark on another lovely day of employment. Can anyone tell me what a pipe dream is?

Does buying a liottery ticket expecting to win fit in a pipe, or a dream?
A pipe dream is a fantastic hope or plan that is generally regarded as being nearly impossible to achieve.

smooch!

Old 03-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #197
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

I wanted to share something that touched me today that I read.

Today I humbly ask my Higher Power for the grace to find the space between my impulse and my action; to let flow a cooling breeze when I would respond with heat; to interrupt fierceness with gentle peace; to accept the moment which allows judgment to become discernment; to defer to silence when my tongue would rush to attack or defend.

I promise to watch for every opportunity to turn toward my Higher Power for guidance. I know where this power is: it resides within me, as clear as a mountain brook, hidden in the hills -- it is the unsuspected Inner Resource.I thank my Higher Power for this world of light and truth I see when I allow it to direct my vision. I trust it today and hope it trusts me to make all effort to find the right thought or action today.
Written by: Anthony R.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 04:21 AM   #198
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

March 19

If I name it do I know it?

Does emotional proximity necessitate a nearer name? Far off I would be called earthling possibly human. On this plain, female maybe woman; in this country Mrs. Theriault; in my home call me Sherrie, but in my bed hy calls me Baby. Do these names offer the requisite information, no further inquires required, is it personal enough? Is the limited nature a stunted interest from without or a privacy fence from within? Does the boundary shift dependant upon the participants or is it an almost universal standard of metered advance and reveal? And do I get more when I give more or does that end in less info and a change of direction? Also who determines what I really need to know? Wanting curiosity; my hungry mind and lonely heart do not direct all the world, yet ceaselessly they strive, shutter and ask again: Who are you?

Step toward yourself

JAG

I have the most interesting lawn ornament.
It is long and sleek, low to the ground,
Resting on rubber rolls,
Steep of side and languid front and back

It has glass, glass which slants
And glass which slops into its sides.
It's paint shines when I buff it
And shows dust when I don't.

Inside there are seats and many artistic accessories
I sit on the steps and admire the thing
Then I sit in the thing and admire the porch
That's all there was until I was handed the key.

The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #199
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

March 20

Bent, Spindled, Mutilated

Injury changes memory, not just the memory of the individual trauma, but the very nature of the mind. The hooks and loops distort and I can’t hold on as I once did. The misses and disconnects become more frequent, then they become expected. Emotional fluff-ups do not suffice, the hardware is damaged and a positive attitude is advisable but the pliers are a necessity. Some things are easier to break than to repair, in fact most things are easier to break, no skill required, though some take it on as skill, most destruction is ignorant or accidental, nothing personal just a part of a pain filled landscape. Direct intervention is not the same as hands-free degradation, though both have their cost. Redemption, restoration, is sought from all comers. Possibilities and probabilities stack; action is a relief, whether or not it is a fix. I take a breath to face the final blow, for when the cost adds up and I look for recompense all I hear is the check is in the mail.

Line the bin so the ick won’t stick

20 CART PILEUP

What's the problem here?
Asks my sponsor, as she approaches my apparent impasse.
Well, I've been trying to get these carts lined up
What do you think of my progress?
How many carts do you have here?
A few, quite a few, why?
And how many horses? She asks
Just the one, the same as everyone else, I answer.
And where is this poor animal?
Back here.
Behind the carts
OK, we have a twofold problem here.
First, one horse can handle only one cart.
So pick ONE
Second, that sad creature needs to be in the proper position
To do any good at all.
You had best figure out a way to get him in front
Or you will remain stuck
Even after you whittle down your burden.
I was stunned
She went to her cart
Climbed to the seat
And took the reins
How long did it take you to get yours like that? I ask
Honey it takes every day.
Don't kid yourself
I wake up every morning with the same train wreck
Your standing in now.
Learn to sort faster
And you'll have the rest of today
You can start over
With us tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #200
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Just a quick reminder:

Our first AA, NA, Al-Anon chat meeting will be taking place in the Friends of Bill, Lois and Jimmy chat room on Sunday night at 9 pm eastern time and 6 pm westcoast time. I hope you can join us there and please don't for get your Options because the room is password protected. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
12 step recovery, acoa, al-anon, alcoholic, alcoholics anonmyous, coda, on-line meeting